Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 73956 times)

Decade

• Decade
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 6
« Reply #960 on: May 26, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
For sake of preparedness Protoman does have to ask what points of his case on Monoe Mai agrees with. Monoe deserves to understand what changed your mind as well.

Why do you keep saying Protoman thinks Cage is pro-town? ;_; Cage is Pro-Cage! This is not town or virus proness! Honestly Protoman thinks if Old Cage were a virus he would have jumped on Comedian early and joined the SUPERBUS for townie cred, not reread and bbl. That is how Old Cage rolls. But Crock Pot and Cage are very hard to choose between. For overall performance Protoman would likely vote Cage over Crocker.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #961 on: May 26, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »
Work is busy. I've kept an eye on the thread, but haven't had the time to make a proper post. I think Mai and Crocker need to read over my case on Protoman like I've been asking all day. At least Cage provided an opinion on Proto even if he didn't acknowledge anything I've stated specifically. I'll be around after 2 hours.

I will say that I am leaning towards Crocker over Protoman as my second choice now. Crocker for being very passive through Day 6 (agreeing I'm Scum and not reading/considering Proto) is not a good sign. I was already reconsidering things as Mai seemed to mention about me.

And I find her most recent post to be extremely scummy. She's backing off you now and trying to find the Cage or Crocker lynch.

Cage and Crocker have both now jumped onboard your idea and have both stated they are willing to ride it. I'm really scared because beyond saying "I agree" they haven't really done much else. (Nor have I, but I'm working on that.)

So when I say it, it's scummy. Then when you say it 3 paragraphs below, you argue that it's covering all bases. *headdesk* This my friends, is a no-win situation.

Proto is overzealous and reckless in his actions and his statement that "Cage only cares about Cage" is bad. You say he can't be Scum, but I think you're pussyfooting on whether you think he's a Survivor. And no, we can't leave Survivors alive. Unless you're absolutely confident I am Scum, leaving Cage alive is a terrible idea. Proto: Is Cage a Survivor role to you? Yes or No answer only.

There, that should generate some questions for me for when I return. I noted Mai's 2 questions and will get to them on my next post. I will try not to ignore or brush off everyone's questions as people are claiming I've done.

Cut by Mai: Believe me, if I weren't Monoe, I'd probably delete Monoe after Cage. And if there wasn't the threat of a Survivor, I might even agree with your plan and let my flip remove one level of doubt. But no, I cannot leave the game in the hands of a Survivor even if by chance he sides with Town in the end. Everything hinges on how likely there is a Survivor in a 16 player game with only 3 Scum. Once again, ask me questions. I didn't want to defend specific instances about early Monoe because I am not him, but if I can defend Mai during Day 5, I guess I can defend myself.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #962 on: May 26, 2011, 12:27:36 AM »
You misread.

When I was talking about "covering all bases", I was talking about looking at EVERYONE as possible scum today. It wasn't talking about any part of your post.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #963 on: May 26, 2011, 12:32:45 AM »
Cage is Third Party to Protoman. Protoman isn't going to press Monoe until Mai and Crock Pot respond, their answers to his questions are just as important right now.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #964 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:05 AM »
Proto, the most damning point in your case against Monoe is the section about Comedian and his Comedian case. The way Monoe handles her Comedian case is like scum would, when they are trying to distance from eachother, but are not bussing. Monoe pushes Comedian until people start to actually look, at which point Monoe drops the case and says Comedian "looks more town now" and helps push the Sailor Moon wagon that I was driving.

This is the most damning part because it's clear Monoe expressed a scum read on Comedian, but dropped it the moment they started to get serious.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #965 on: May 26, 2011, 12:48:52 AM »
I also DO NOT LIKE how Monoe argues that Protoman thought CATS was scum, and argues that Protoman has been giving "fluid opinions", as if that were scummy.

First off, it's not even true. Proto has been the only player in the game to solidly backup his reads and be pretty level headed about them.

Secondly, reads naturally progress and change. To say someone is scummy for having "fluid reads" is to try and say someone is scummy for HUNTING SCUM. This logic is so bad it is really hard to imagine it coming from scum.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #966 on: May 26, 2011, 01:21:04 AM »
Ah, the D6 posts. Ok then.

The first link starts with some reportering on Cage and unprecedented Proto hunting. I never saw suspicion of Proto before today. The stuff on Cage is reportery and says stuff like "bad" and "suspicious." Does not hunt even though he's her first scum pick. Says Cage has to go, but entertains the notion of him being town, wanting him to find stuff. Doesn't give a real opinion of Cage and looks somewhat fence-sittingy.

Does a lot of Proto hunting, and somewhat quiet about Cage in those posts.

#920 is more Proto .
At the end, puts in a little line to redirect suspicions.
#923 is moar Proto.

All this attention on her second and lack of focus on her first pick looks contradictory.

New Reply
Ahahahahahahaha. This is really cute. Monoe has been on a Proto crusade all day, and now I'm passing him for being passive. By passive, you mean suspecting you, yes~? This is her trying to get out of the hole she's dug.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #967 on: May 26, 2011, 01:53:50 AM »
Mmm. Crocker, that doesn't actually answer my question. What do you think of the case itself? I'm guessing you think it's wrong, but what's wrong with it? Monoe is new so a lack of suspicion my way before this is understandable. You've been here with me the entire time, explain your view to us.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #968 on: May 26, 2011, 01:56:56 AM »
No change in the vote count.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. You have just under 23.5 hours remaining.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #969 on: May 26, 2011, 04:03:45 AM »
Ahahahahahahaha. This is really cute. Monoe has been on a Proto crusade all day, and now I'm passing him for being passive. By passive, you mean suspecting you, yes~? This is her trying to get out of the hole she's dug.

Crocker, you have been oddly quiet today. Too quiet actually. And while you've been piling on your suspicions, you haven't actually told us if you want her lynched today.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #970 on: May 26, 2011, 04:14:51 AM »
Alrighty then! It's time for the lightning round. Everything is unrestricted. No revisions like I usually like to do.

I think Cage is a Survivor. Because I feel Kilga would have put one in there with only 3 Scum. Because I also feel Cage's Night talk role is uniquely suited for Right of Survivorship.

After some more deliberation, I now think Crocker is the last Scum. Here is what has changed for me since I initially put Protoman second. I had originally said Protoman is reckless for going for his Scum read over the 3rd party read. The reason is that I initially thought Scum and Survivor would team up for a joint win. But that's not necessarily true. Like I said, the Survivor will flip a coin and go whereever. The Survivor may even want to pay back the Scum for sparing him... and end up lynching the wrong guy because he didn't figure it out. That is a real danger for ScumProto in particular. So in other words, a ScumProto would also want to lynch the Survivor first. He's so in the clear (even after I decided to go after him, nobody is bothering to really care), that he would even be advised not to do this gambit as Scum. So he's attacking me because he's Town and would rather lynch the Scum he sees in front of him over the 3rd party. I still think that's a really reckless move regardless of his confidence in his case on me. But yeah, I see it as more Town intent than Scum now.

So, to Crocker. Like I said earlier, he withheld from voting for almost all of Day 4 while acknowledging Comedian and Chitose had merit. Then he stuck with Anonymous, putting him back even with Comedian, his reason in #715 being, I'm sticking with my first choice. There is no followup on his reasoning; no trying to convince others that Anonymous is the more preferred lynch over Comedian. Feels like a weak attempt to keep Anonymous relevant AND because it tied things up, it forced CATS to claim. I can't believe I only just noticed this. Moving on to Day 5, Crocker's first post is #764. Strictly defensive against Cage and uses that time to not commit to what would have been his next top pick of Chitose. Says he will reread first. Now time to Mai's first question:

Scumpicks:

For Crocker ,what I've found weird is that there's also no mention of the actual cases I made against Mai and to some extent Monoe, which should have been considered, when you have accused Comedian of not having cases himself; I cannot find any good reason as to why you would choose me over Comedian, and your lack of vote at that point is very bad and smacks of wanting to wait and see whether a scum bus would be good or not.  I would also like to say that Crocker's opinions pre-D4 have been utterly blank in that he has not only be putting the three easiest targets (Annonymous, CATS, Light) as his top scumpicks all game, he has also not being saying anything about the more interesting cases like those against me or Mai (until D4 where it was needed, while everyone else from Cage to Protoman has put in their fair share of input), which have certainly been around for a good enough time to comment on.  This strikes me as scum behavior and lying low, and thus, is worthy of a lynch today.  The irrelevant vote on Annonymous two hours before deadline seems like icing on the cake.

That first sentence, I can't quite parse. Is she calling Crocker out for hypocrisy as her first point? Chitose saying Crocker's pre-D4 opinions being utterly blank is a... *shades* blanket statement. YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Weak case to say that he just picked the three easiest targets when plenty of other people expressed suspicion at those three targets; how is Crocker different from other now dead Townies? She also sprinkles in the truly scummy points such as his D4 late Anony vote. So, it's an ok-ish case. Then I read her case on Mai, it's weaker. Like seriously weaker. "Roundabout defense of Comedian?" "One-sided discourse?" Finally her last sentence about Mai: "I find her D4 significantly better than Crocker's however, but I might switch to Mai if circumstances permit." Look at that qualifying statement: leaving the door open for Mai. It almost makes it look like she wants Mai as her primary lynch still. Which at this point, I would believe is a mislynch. I think the comparison between her top 2 cases sums up my feeling that Chitose's vote on Crocker is a bus.

Actually, in Crocker's first content post after Chitose's case... he doesn't acknowledge any of her case. NONE OF IT. OMG. Look through Day 5. There is virtually no direct interaction between them. Crocker just talks over Chitose. He just talks about earlier game antics in #811, answers Proto's question in #813, answers my question in #817, answers Mai's question in #825. In #833, Chitose asks Crocker some questions. Crocker's next post in #869 is disbelief at Chitose's claim, no answering of any of Chitose's question. And that's it. He's more reacting to other people than worrying about anything Chitose says. I would say this is very scummy. Going to some of Chitose's later posts, she does a wrap up of her Crocker case as follows:

Also, from what I see, Crocker's explanation (unlike Mai merely saying things like 'changing opinions constantly is scum") is somewhat sound for his actions; though it's not very convincing.  I still express disbelief that Crocker found Annonymous scummier than me and Comedian however, since he did not state this at all on D4 (if you did, Crocker, point it out).  It's weird to refer to Comedian's post for his case when he could have produced it himself, but yeah.  The main point is that his vote stayed on Annonymous until the very last moment, avoiding the window where he could have showed some semblance of opinion, and there is only so much that explanation after the fact can do.  I have nothing much more to say after that first post of mine, other than I don't believe Crocker reagrding his Annonymous vote, and that he should be lynched for that and his insubstantial D1-D3.

She gives a somewhat clear of Crocker in her first sentence (as if to establish he could be Town). Then she states the main thing is that late Anonymous vote. It's a very fair point of contention to Crocker's scumminess but I think she treats it with kid gloves especially with that last line. And I don't think she acknowledges the fact that Crocker ignored her either. You would think she would press for attention when a potential mislynch target kinda ignores her. So another example where I think Chitose's case on Crocker may have been a bus. This is what I fucking get for not finishing my reread until 2/3 of the Day is gone.

You know, when you're Town and your past actions are bad, what's the best course of action? Find another person that is worse because it is probably Scum. And I believe I have. And you know when you're Town and you're about to be lynched, what's the best course of action? self-vote Go for broke! Yup, I'm channeling my inner Proto and going right for the Scum kill. I normally wouldn't do this and would seriously advocate the Survivor (and Proto says Cage is 3rd party), but I don't think I have the luxury to be that meek. I will have more to type after this, but for now, I shall entertain you with:

##Vote Crocker

Hey look Mom, I can post without hitting Preview! Ok I lied, I hit Preview once just to make sure I got my color tags in.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #971 on: May 26, 2011, 05:38:14 AM »
Give Protoman back those shades! Protoman will take yours too if he has to!

Protoman thinks teaming up with a Survivor that entered the game by voting him would be a horrible idea. Protoman likes recklessness! It forces other Navis to respond and make mistakes. Protoman is weak to posts that amuse him, especially when they channel their inner Proto. Protoman thinks he is going to..

##Unvote

..and wait for Crock Pot to return and answer him further. It has been Crocker's turn to claim for awhile and I have doubts he'll be back tonight. Protoman does want him to claim at this point.

Protoman does want to hear Monoe's opinions of Crock Pot's earlier play as well, including his answer to Protoman when asked why he hammered Sailor Moon. Just as Monoe has to answer for his past, Crocker's past should be included in a case against him.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #972 on: May 26, 2011, 06:14:02 AM »
Oh hey, did you know lightning can strike twice in the same spot? KAFLAM!!! KAFLAM!!!

To talk about John Cage a bit, I think he's the Survivor, but if we're wrong about Crocker, he's the next most likely to be Scum. I think I talked about his scumminess before, if I need to redig up my case, I will do so.

I'm going to shoot myself in the foot talking about earlier Monoe, but hey, who needs feet? I live in dreams anyways. Let's start with Protoman's #919.

First quote: Looks like Monoe just read the scum intent of Sailor Moon's ED1 defensiveness as stronger. I know some players really believe in that. I should point out I don't know who early Monoe is; I don't know who any of you are at all (except Kyon, I saw the thread at that time he posted with his real account).
Second quote: It's Day 1, there were at the time four people to consider. I guess he just missed the followup.
Third quote: Well, shit man. If Monoe thought Comedian looked better, then he looked better. I forgot who else put Comedian high on their Town lists for much of the early game. And probably some of them also didn't explain specifics on why his content was better. You can single early Monoe on that if you want, but I'm not sure where there's enough of a distinction that Monoe is Scum when others who said similar flipped Town.
Quote #3.5: Can't you give some credit that Monoe answered your question, reevaluated whether Chitose was independently scummy, and agreed?
Fourth quote (the kicker apparently): Man, early Monoe surely isn't happy about that quote either. He was wrong. It was a Townie mistake.

Time for #921:
And Old Monoe replaced out the moment I threw suspicion at him and was voting for CAGE on Day 4, not Comedian or Chitose, BECAUSE HE CLEARED COMEDIAN.

Whoa now, you think he replaced out because he was Scum and feeling pressure after clearing Comedian? That is an unsubstantiated guess. Now that I think about it, that suddenly sparks a guess as to who you are Protoman. Anyways, ask the early Monoe in postgame. That's pretty lousy you're adding that to your list of suspicious actions on Monoe though. Because Monoe is a Vanilla Townie. And regarding New Monoe pursuing you, I obviously got your quirky play accurately written out in my case. I just translated it to scumminess. I have since decided I was wrong. Nobody else would give my case on you the light of the morning dawn so I was stuck in dream limbo. If you are the last Scum in this game, you played it fabulously, daring to straight up bus a Scumbuddy where there was no risk to either of you in a 3:16 setup. I don't think I have the pixelated balls to do that.

Crocker's #935: "Cheerleading of Prinny wagon, but stays off to the side?": Could you link that please? I could give my not-so-expert opinion on it to decide if it really looks like cheerleading.
"Adds a lot of fuel to Moon wagon": Wasn't Monoe's Day 1 case on Moon anyways? Wouldn't this be natural? When there's too many people on the wagon, SOMEONE is bound to move off of it. That seems to be how we play it here.
"Asks Whim solely for opinions of the town wagons, not other people." Is there something wrong with this? This happens a lot in games.
"D2 starts out with trust in Chitose for a good CATS vote, which is what": I went to look this one up myself. Monoe started off not liking CATS at all. So of course he's favorable to the people who seemed to see things similarly to him early on, sadly enough, Chitose and likely Scum Crocker. Not a very good reason to clear somebody so I would treat it as a newbie's mistake.
"Clears Light for questionable reasons as he became a wagon, to go back to saying his case could make sense.": Townies do this many times a game. Nobody is perfect.
"Says she agrees with Chitose's vote in hindsight, but she isn't looking townie. Somewhat contradictory.": Townies do this all the time. Early Monoe's mistake is that she didn't keep this thought private.

I think I covered the extras that didn't coincide with Proto's #919.

Cage's #939: Is there something wrong with me declaring CATS the only confirmed Townie? It was pretty much true. And why do I need to acknowledge your role to determine scumminess in your posts? You're really trying to ride that credit to avoiding a lynch. I said later it was inconsequential. And the Survivor strat I laid out is valid. Probably the one mistake I made is assuming the Survivor will quicklynch. The Survivor doesn't necessarily have to do that so I was jumpy in that regard. Once again, I later clarified and said people shouldn't vote me "yet."

Cage's #942: 1) Did Comedian do that? *sigh* Is it over 50% frequency? Are all of those mentions supportive of Monoe?
2) Scum can agree with Townies when the Townie has good analysis. Is there more to this point?
And I think my first lightning round now covers the Chitose Day 5 posts.
Regarding Chitose's Day 5 comments about me: Waffley about me so yeah, I can see other's trepidation about that. If it comes to interpretations on who Chitose was trying to protect, I will push my first lightning post as proper evidence.

You know, lightning moves fast. I skipped all the way to Proto's #970 where he sent a request from the future to comment on Crocker past. So I will Ride The Lightning back into the past and take up this challenge.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #973 on: May 26, 2011, 06:30:22 AM »
EBWOP: OMG. I missed a potential John 3:16 joke! I could just kick myself... if I still had any feet left.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #974 on: May 26, 2011, 06:33:30 AM »
Kilga: If John Cage is indeed a Survivor, please tell me you have been referring to this game as the John 3:16 setup.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #975 on: May 26, 2011, 07:01:19 AM »
It's a little hard to follow post numbers when you don't include links.

To answer all your questions for me:

The reason I brought up CATS is because CATS, while town, wasn't a very good player, and many players hardly considered him the "only confirmed townie". Since it was an off-night for CATS, I found the NK strange to say the least. Protoman is far more dangerous to scum than CATS.

Basically, I think players that think Protoman is less confirmed town (or an easier target) than CATS are more likely to be scum than players who think Protoman is a far greater asset to town than CATS.

I summarized all of the times the Comedian used your name. Commedian was never supportive of you, but he pretty much only brought you up to make cases on Kyon:

post 72
post 108
post 331
post 383
post 397
post 496
post 693

Anyway, for someone so concerned about role speculation, you sure seem to consider my role inconsequential. But to put it simply: I claimed that I didn't roleblock CATS because I'm the town insomniac, and hence not a roleblocker. It's not scummy at all to make a case on me because of my actions, but any case you do make should have a rebuttal to that point if you want it to remain logically consistent, like Mai, Crocker, and Protoman's rebuttals. It was only after Protoman suggested that I may be third party that you decided I was a survivor.

Kilga: If John Cage is indeed a Survivor, please tell me you have been referring to this game as the John 3:16 setup.

Well, that explains the "Unstopping Believer" flavor.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #976 on: May 26, 2011, 08:04:27 AM »
Here's an interesting trivia fact: lightning travels slower when the rider is sleepy! ...Stop staring at me with those looks of disbelief!

Using the profile button, I am now peering into 46 past posts of Crocker. 5 posts in Day 1, and none in the last 10 hours of the Day. There's a vote on Prinny... and nothing else. No reinforcement on the Prinny case at all. Just random questioning of other people. Then before I know it, it says Day 2. So, he kinda had no involvement with the actual Day 1 lynch wagon at all. Wow?

While it is true you didn't push for a Prinny lynch, you called him scummy and did not put pressure on him at all.

There's a bit of hypocrisy in that as he makes his case on Light in Day 2. Regarding his early hammer, he was coaxed into it by Sailor Moon herself and Anony who was voting her. He did it 12 minutes after Anony's post. So it wasn't an instant reaction type thing as if he were dying to hammer. And given both were Town wagons anyways, I'd call it null as it wouldn't matter to ScumCrocker in the long run.

@Protoman

The wagon on the person I had found the scummiest deserted me. There was no way I would get my Light lynch, so there was no point in keeping my vote on him, for one. I would rather actively use my vote to lynch someone scummy than stand idly by.
At this point, I would have to choose between the Moon and Kyon wagon. Moon was worse to me and Kyon was looking better.
In my late D2 post, I was expressing willingness to put her at L-1, but didn't do it as I wanted her to give last opinions and cases before the possibility of getting her hammered.
Then cut by your own vote, at which point I add to my post that I was willing to hammer.
Moon then comes back to me stating that she has no more left to say and requests to be hammered.
I hammer because I see it as the most logical action to do at the time and because we would not get anything more out of Moon for the rest of day. I hope this answers your question.

But also, Protoman, if you did not want someone hammered too early in the day, then you should not have put her at L-1 that early. By putting someone at L-1, you acknowledge that they could be hammered at any time. I hope you realize this.

I don't see anything wrong with his train of thought until the "I hammer because we won't get anything more out of Moon." For one reason or another (newb mistake or Scum intent to end the Day early, I can't tell), he didn't consider that people could talk about other things and let Moon stew. Unfortunately, we still see this happen from Townies more than Scum imo. Once again, it is a null tell to me. That last qualifier of his, that Proto shouldn't have put her at L-1 is something people ought to know, but by singling you out on it is wholly unfair unless he decides you were scummy for it and pursues a case on you as a result. Which he didn't bother to do. So that is at best, I see him as upset he's being questioned about it by the one who "enabled" this to happen, being overly defensive and lashing out. I really can't draw a Town or Scum conclusion from this; all I can garner is that he's trying to diffuse some of the blame. Perhaps worried that he will be attacked for it soon. Despite how bad the action is on its face, if I were to press a case on Crocker at that point, I don't think I would have used that as a primary reason, even if that's the first time I've ever seen someone do that.

For reference, here's my Day 6 post featuring my abbreviated Crocker read:

Crocker: Very quiet Day 1 with a vote on Prinny. Wasn't correct, but your reasoning was better than a lot of the other D1 votes I read. In Day 2, didn't like Kyon for his vote on Comedian, so a possible passive defense of Comedian, but went for Light. He does push Light in a respectable manner though. Ah... I see, the Day 2 hammer with 22 hours left in the Day. I can see how that fits with your attitude in Day 4. And very quiet Day 3. I actually need to reread you again because Day 3 was too loud with the other 3 players. But I got an impression that your posts seemed alright overall even if you were wrong like most everyone else was.

The tone that I gave above still applies in my second reread. He asks some decent questions and pursued Light in a Townish like manner. But yeah, I'm unhappy I missed what I had just observed in that first reread. I glazed over Day 1 really quick because quite honestly, I didn't want to read that the first time around. Since I have a stronger focus on Crocker rather than Protoman now and sorted posts by user profile, I'm paying closer attention though. And yeah, there are some misses in his early play. Pretty much his Day 1 lack of specific scumhunting and Day 2 hypocrisy. Still fits with my newfound ScumCrocker read.

Oh hey, the lightning stopped. That must mean the rider fell asleep.

BOOM! The thunder cut into Monoe's reverie. Monoe looked around and discovered a large post #974 from John Cage had crashed into the open field next to his lightning bolt. Monoe took the time to observe it and said: When I replaced in, I really didn't think about CATS the player. I only thought about CATS the Cop. So I had a different first impression of CATS. *shrug* As for Protoman not dying, this is that uneasy feeling that Protoman not dying means he's the last Scum. But you know what, screw that. No one bothered to read my case on Protoman (although you gave me an opinion on Protoman's gambit after some time so I can "kinda" respect that) so I said fuck it. I ain't pursuing Protoman anymore unless he makes a Scum confession. If ScumProto wins the game, I will just say I tried my best to get him, but could not garner the support. Not even another talking head to bounce my opinion off and see where I could be right or wrong. And John Cage, oh yes John Cage, since we are in the lightning round, I will tell you my deepest darkest secret. I wanted you lynched so bad today ever since I saw Chitose's flip. BECAUSE I thought you were the Survivor. And because Survivors must die. That talk about you being Scum. Certainly plausible and independently, you're now my #2 pick. But no, I didn't really believe it. You're a Survivor man. And you needed to die. But nope, I can't be meek in this time of Monoe distress. Come, join us and lynch ScumCrocker from the game. You will win with the Town. It'll be fun!

And then Monoe went to bed. But surely, lightning will strike again tomorrow.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #977 on: May 26, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »
Whoa now, you think he replaced out because he was Scum and feeling pressure after clearing Comedian? That is an unsubstantiated guess. Now that I think about it, that suddenly sparks a guess as to who you are Protoman.
Protoman doesn't understand how there are Navis who don't know who Protoman's operator is. Protoman thinks there should be 0% doubt. Protoman agrees that all he can do is guess at the motives, but it was still up to you to address the accusation. It isn't a point I would pursue.

Protoman hasn't been getting enough system downtime this game to be a virus, but Protoman appreciates the sentiment. Protoman can't help how his light shines and agrees everyone needs to be looked at. Honestly, Protoman had his case notes on Monoe prepared before Monoe posted. Protoman thinks there's something amusing about both the most pro-town seeming players attacking each other co-incidentally.

So you can answer tonight: "Cheerleading of Prinny wagon, but stays off to the side?"

Cage, Protoman contests that CATS was not a good player. CATS played perfectly considering his role. He was town enough not to be tagged for deletion and looked corrupted enough that only Protoman seemed to have noticed he was actually our most valuable role. He made the right decisions at the same time I did and clearly guided town to lynching the second virus on Day 5. Protoman was not surprised to be alive today.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #978 on: May 26, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »
John Cage (1): Mai Tokiha
Monoe (0): Protoman.EXE
Mr. Crocker (1): Monoe

No vote cast: John Cage, Mr. Crocker, Protoman.EXE

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. You have less than 8.5 hours remaining.

Also, since time and population are starting to wind down, the deadline for player guesses is approaching. I suggest sending me a batch guess some time soon, because I noticed a number of people changing their guesses over time and other people submitting guesses two or three names at a time, and I am not spending the effort piecing together the guesses from a large handful of users when each of you could compile the guesses of exactly one person (yourself!) and send them all to me at once.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #979 on: May 26, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »
Argh, my Elec Man powers were weakened after I was Rolling Cutter'ed last night. But remember that Elec Man ga Taosenai.

So you can answer tonight: "Cheerleading of Prinny wagon, but stays off to the side?"

That isn't really cheerleading. Early Monoe thinks Sailor Moon is opportunistic Scum. Early Monoe asking whether Prinny is doing the same thing feels more like a question to generate discussion about this rather than egging the Prinny wagon on. Turns out Proto asked Monoe if he reads the thread as a sarcastic reply and Monoe answered decently that nobody had considered what he had put out. So discussion indeed seemed more of what Monoe wanted rather than a straight up accusation of Prinny even though Monoe speculated Prinny as possible weak Scum.

And I don't think Early Monoe is thinking about them as a scumteam pairing so he simply focusses on the scummier looking one (Sailor Moon) which is a fair Townie approach.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #980 on: May 26, 2011, 07:08:41 PM »
Protoman never got the hang of rapid fire timing. :ohdear:

Protoman is becoming less and less convinced of a Monoe virus. Like, hate, like, hate, Protoman thinks he has been tsundere for Monoe this game. I'm guessing Old Monoe didn't realize this either but Protoman asked that sarcasticly because Protoman pointed out Prinny's vote was opportunistic earlier here. So did CATS.

What's Monoe's opinion on Crock Pot's posts today?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #981 on: May 26, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
Unvote; Vote: Monoe

I am going to have limited access today. I'm placing this vote as a placeholder for now, incase I don't come back, because this is potential lylo, and a no lynch today could be fatal. I feel like Monoe is the top suspect right now, most likely to be lynched, and she's moved up in scumminess today for me considerably.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #982 on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
Mai, what is your impression of this post?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #983 on: May 26, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »

So for Crocker's Day 6 posts: Follows through with the previous day's ordering of going for Cage. The one thing about Crocker believing the "CATS had no blocker on him" scenario that is really bad is that it doesn't coincide with Scum's Night 4 actions. Scum knew CATS was going to use his power that Night. They HAD to kill him UNLESS they had a blocker. CATS never revealed his rolename in Day 4 so Scum had no clue there was even a possible flavor mechanic involved that could be interpreted as "blocking himself". I glazed over this earlier, but now I think it's worth thinking more about in terms of reasons why Crocker believed such a thing that is almost certainly wrong. At best, he just didn't think hard enough about the full picture. At worst, it looks like he's preparing to think about another person to pursue. Possibly in preparation of seeing John Cage being lynched and not flipping Scum.

Then Crocker spends time to read Monoe and says he will get to Cage reread in a bit. Frames answers into thinking I could be Scum in his #955. A reasonable course of action whether he is Town or Scum.

Crocker #965: I probably didn't answer everything satisfactorily at the start of Day 6, agreed. I could go and do that if anyone requests it (although I'm set to be really busy all the way to deadline). But this post... now THIS is a reportery post. How does me not seeing any suspicion on Proto before today make me Scum? When you say that I say Cage has to go, but entertain the notion of him being Town, tell me how that makes me Scum? To save you the trouble though, I have recently answered because I think Cage is the Survivor and I wanted the Survivor dead.

So what of it Crocker? Cage already mentioned that you're not really posting much today and didn't even say if I was now your top pick. We're not mind-readers. You need to make at least a verbal committment to go after me or stay on Cage (oh yea, no Cage reread yet either), but you haven't done that. Show up. You know full well deadline will be approaching and haven't indicated you will be away for an extended period of time. I give all the players in the game at least that much credit.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #984 on: May 26, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »
John Cage (1): Mai Tokiha
Monoe (1): Protoman.EXE, Mai Tokiha
Mr. Crocker (1): Monoe

No vote cast: John Cage, Mr. Crocker, Protoman.EXE

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. You have somewhere between 4.5 and 5 hours remaining.

For the record, I will be here for deadline, but absent for the next couple of hours. Don't think the thread is going unwatched, though.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #985 on: May 26, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »
@Mod: Is that vote count correct?

@Proto: That post is the kind of thing I was talking about when I said Crocker/Cage were opportunistically following you on the Monoe crusade. There isn't an original point in that post, an it's all a big appeasement attempt aimed at you and I. He's trying to sheep your reads and agree with you so that you don't target him next.

This could be scum... But also could be a trait of nervous town looking to stay alive.

I'm wary, and there is much more damning evidence against Monoe right now, even though my gut is doing flips >.<

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #986 on: May 26, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »
Evidence isn't hard to find on everyone. No Navi should be clean by the end. Protoman needs you to look at it hard. Does that post sound like Crock Pot tried to answer what Protoman asked? What does Mai's gut say about that post, Crock Pot's posts today, and Monoe's contributions after? Which ones look like they come from the far off planet that Scum post from to you?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #987 on: May 26, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »
That post tells me this:

It was a piss poor attempt at answering your question.

It did not actually answer your question.

My gut is telling me however bad Monoe looks right now, she's likely town who is trying hard to scum hunt and not be lynched.

Where as Crocker looks like scum who is trying to self preserve and slip through the cracks into lylo.

Monoe on a logic basis looks worse than Crocker. More evidence against her, and a good case by you.

But I am now reading survivalist lurking and passive agreeing from both Cage and Crocker, but it is worse and more scummy from Crocker than it is from Cage IMHO.

Cage had BEEN bad... But he's been trying to use logic to show me how he is town. It's bad logic, and looks a little scummy... But Crocker is multitudes worse.

I'm doing serious flip flops. I'm paranoid about choosig the wrong person out of the three suspects >.<

The only one I'm sure about is you being town.

But my gut says Crocker>Monoe>Cage right now.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #988 on: May 26, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »
##Vote: Crocker

Protoman's sensors are flashing a big red "X" over that post. Cage actually looks like he's trying to think when he agrees, which would make sense as his third party self that just doesn't want to die, or even as town. Crocker's posts aren't adding anything new to the conversation, they're all repeating what happened, followed by a 'you look bad'. Protoman doesn't believe there is a time too late to show your true colors. Protoman thinks Monoe's answers to him scream town and Crocker's reporter post about reportering is asking to be deleted so hard Protoman would have to be fried to ignore it.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #989 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:05 PM »
Nnn-

That's L-1.