Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Thread 1 (Locked)  (Read 60394 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Commercial Break #1!
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:55 AM »
Mitsuki may be replacing out, but I still found her D1 play pretty souring, even when she wasn't panicing. She's pretty set as my D2 vote tomorrow.

That too. Sorry if I'm being OCD about it. >.<;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2013, 01:09:33 AM »
Everyone already knows I never remember to get Shadoweh's pronoun right
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2013, 01:10:14 AM »
Also didn't Mitsuki just tell me he was a guy earlier in the thread?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2013, 01:11:08 AM »
No, Mitsuki is female. You might be thinking of Vhaltz (who she often hydras with).

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 1!
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2013, 01:12:04 AM »
I'm very manly, and Vhaltz is totally gay for me.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2013, 01:18:55 AM »
That's a joke. I've actually seen a few of the cosplay photos Mitsuki has shared and I can say with certainty that yes, Mitsuki is female. :V

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2013, 01:23:23 AM »
I swear if you guys are fucking around with gender stuff just to confuse me (when I have enough trouble dealing with it as is) I am going to flip my shit

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

THATS IT

I'M DONE

NO MORE

FUCK THIS

I'M OUT

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »
Oh Neko you are my favorite gender confused catgirl.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2013, 01:43:01 AM »
SHADOWEH YOU NEED TO ANSWER TOO >:C

I mean have you even scumhunted on people who aren't Raikaria yet?! I need to see some priorities here! It will help me read you and if you're town that should be A++!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2013, 02:07:26 AM »
I know it goes along with what you just said, but the fact that you mentioned Conq by name kind of gives me a bad feeling. Couldn't that just be, you know, directed at everyone and not just Conq?
No, Conq had just voted Mitsuki and I disbelieved anyone else had the wherewithall to make another wagon actually happen, so no one else's opinion mattered.
I think your current nighttalking is better then your dayplay if that helps.

I don't think my list has changed yet actually, but we'll see. SB loses a little cred for the end-wagon zz's but that's about it. The main priority for me that sticks out is Mitsuki, but she's switching forms so I'm sort of waitng to see what Vhaltz does.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2013, 02:25:38 AM »
last I know you had a list of "these are my town reads"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2013, 05:07:47 AM »
Also, if I was scum, would I really hardcore defend Raikaria like that? Wouldn't I just have sheeped along with everyone else because I would have known it was advantageous to scum to lynch him, particularly because A- He claimed a powerful role, and B- He was too much of a distraction from the real mafia that it would ensure the safety of the actual mafia for at least a little longer? Also just to let you know, I am BUSY IRL. I managed today to have a good amount of time to spend on this. If I didn't have to deal with schoolwork or anything, I would have been on a lot longer.
hard defending someone who's going down is probably one of the more popular things to do as scum. see my scum game last game where i hard defended raikaria d1.

anyway could you point out the posts from mitsuki that felt urgh to you? im assuming the posts of mine that felt urgh to you were the ones you pointed out earlier.

hey serela who do you think is scum
glass houses, man, glass houses

gonna reread tomorrow but i dont think shadoweh is scum and bt and nnr are obvtown imo
still think the way cf7's claim rolled out was townie.
validon...will depend on how he answers my questions above. i get a vibe like that of polaris in pictures of birds. if he thinks he can just sit around and poke at people on the raikaria wagon he's got another thing coming to him though. ;) he's not really a priority for me right now anyway.

leaves this pool for me that im probably going to look further into:
3. Mitsuki/Vhaltz - will make a more detailed case on this slot later since im looking the most here but to me it felt like mitsuki was staying around the edge of the game for most of the day (poo-pooing the wagons on cf7 dark etc calling them easy wagons to vote for serela instead and then a segue to zakeri that boils down to "low content" when there were a lot of low content players and she didnt really distinguish between them). if i were to use one word to describe it her play it'd be...tangential i guess, sorta like affinity in town mafia. it's not until raikaria's doc claim that she jumps into that mess. sure she says she was busy (and im sure she was to an extent) but the timing is suspicious. in any case vhaltz welcome to the game!
6. ActionDan - please post more dan
7. Sky Paladin -tbh im not sure how to read this guy. i want to know why he said shadoweh was covering for cf7 when he "greyed out" cf7 from his suspects list? it's really wonky logic but i dont know if it's from scum because it's just so out there
9. Serious Bananas - hasnt posted in over 24 hours so his opinions are like insanely outdated. are we getting a replacement for him or what?
11. darkninjaabc - kinda dropped off after the initial d1 burst. would like to hear from him about people that arent cf7
I would prefer to read him as scum atm, but my incentive to lynch cf7, due to his really disorganized and weird stance plus suspicious behavior, resounds over, so I will probably start detailing a case on raikaria once we finish d1.
I only have a slight scumread on Raikaria at best, but his attitude to swap votes around and crowding on CF7 when he intially had a completely different opinion rings the bells.
could you kinda explain where you went from the first post to the second though?
13. Serela -i keep on going back and forth on serela. serela what do you think about cf7?
14. Zakeri - repeating my request to zak to make a non-serela post because at this point his reads are really unclear

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2013, 05:09:15 AM »
*serela what do you think about cf7 "right now"?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2013, 06:49:11 AM »
No mod announcement for replacement I see, w/e.

Just checking in to say I'll be around to make meaningful posts in around 4~ish hours once I finish my morning practicals which I literally haven't had any other day in two months. Talk about an unlucky day to replace in.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2013, 07:02:14 AM »
Vhaltz replaces Mitsuki

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2013, 07:44:43 AM »
that thing I said about sleep hours is because I have 11 hours of lectures to go through before I get home, just fyi

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
Oh, guys, seriously? You lynched a claimed doc...
It's time to reread the thread. Also i'm concerned about Sky Paladin and Action Dan who are kind of flying under radar atm. And i i'll write my thoughts in a few hours or so.
P.S. Shadoweh, you're awesome.  :V
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Shadoweh

« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2013, 09:16:48 AM »
SOMEONE HAS TO BE ^_^b

I'm kinda waiting for Vhaltz to say things actually, and its like bedtime, so I might post before the night ends maybe not. I'm not concerned with Ninja dropping off because he's obvtown, he could stop posting if he wanted to.

« Reply #378 on: October 22, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »
I'm here now kinda

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #379 on: October 22, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
My impression on sky paladin is generally negative, as he is lurking too much. We either need him to get out of his shell or crack it outselves by lynching.
NNR is leaning on my scum radar, but on a whole I townread him.

I smell conq to be slightly scum, but that's a bit biased considering his excellent play last match.

Though currently I would like to ask you all to lynch cf7, reasons stated refer my earlier posts.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »
Day 1 Skynews:

The whole drama of the day started with Raikaria voting to lynch darkninjaabc and some back and forth between them with a few others chipping here and there. 

The first actual vote on Raikaria was by Serela.  Mitsuki followed up very soon, along with Shadoweh.  Mitsuki then switched out their vote.  Conqueror voted for Raikaria very shortly after.  The main argument for voting for Raikaria at this stage was because Raikaria was being aggressive towards Darkninjaabc.  Note that at this time CF7 was also getting votes for the same general reason.  At Dormio Got Out of Bed Time, CF7 was at 5, and Raikaria on 2. 

After this, CF7 claimed and elucidated a role, and votes peeled away on to Raikaria.  Raikaria claimed doc.  Turns out Raikaria was doc.  Oops. 

Miscellaneous bits and pieces:
No Lynch tells us no information and denies town some control on who dies (since Scum will always kill a non-scum, and usually the strongest player alive), therefore a lynch is always preferable to no lynch.
In vanilla mafia, it's better to not lynch if there is an odd number of players. 
In any mafia, it's better not to lynch if there's a good chance the suspect is a towny - as myself and a few others stated as likely.  Oh well.  Shadoweh promised us cake, however.  It'd better be jam and cream filled. 

Conqueror
7. Sky Paladin -tbh im not sure how to read this guy. i want to know why he said shadoweh was covering for cf7 when he "greyed out" cf7 from his suspects list? it's really wonky logic but i dont know if it's from scum because it's just so out there

I was evaluating who to vote for from my original list of four suspects - Conqueror, Shadoweh, CF7, and Raikaria.  I'd since removed Raikaria from the list.  I realise upon re-reading my post it's entirely unclear what I'm talking about since nobody knew what the hell I was referring to.  I took CF7 off the list when I decided that since Raikaria had read non-scum to me as well as revealing their role, and since CF7 had also revealed their role, there was a good chance that CF7 was not-scum also. 

But while Raikaria had two green plus signs from me, CF7 only had one.  Therefore, CF7 was more likely scum in the last part of my ramble; I later re-entered CF7 to the scenario when I suggested that the reason Shadoweh was going after Rakaria was to protect CF7. 

So that's a big mystery X next to that green plus, and that X is 'Shadoweh'. 

Shadoweh
Do you have any reasons to lynch Conq and me, but especially me, that aren't because we led a case? You've got an entire commercial break to convince people to start the day on it.

My reason is because you lynched Raikaria OVER CF7.  Conq and Mitsuki are also suspect, but you are the one I am holding responsible. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #381 on: October 22, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
Wall incoming, I got interrupted by a meeting with an old friend since I'm doing this at uni.

« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
Posting while in commercial break is kinda shit though.

Mitsuki's whole mid D1 Zakeri thing can be explained pretty easily but I need some questions answered before I do that so it'll have to wait a couple of hours. The rest of her play is really just an issue of time, she was juggling mafia with making 3+ cosplays for the incoming Salon del Manga (which is the biggest con in Spain), helping her friends with their own cosplays and studying two exams that are right before and right after the con. She didn't have the time nor energy she needed to read through everything properly and get proper reads (hence voting Zakeri for rolerelated shenanigans, consolidation voting before catching up and being pretty misguided about Conq altogether) which is also why I'm replacing in sooner than I expected to.

Probably doesn't help much as it is but it'll all make sense once I get to explaining the Zak thing.

That aside there's other people who exist this game. I haven't done a single reread yet though so this is all kinda just on the go first impressions stuff.

Sky Paladin is a pretty cool guy, I liked his reasoning behind the clear on Raikaria (especially after flip) because it's the kind of minutiae that town takes note of while scum ignores, he had earlier voiced dislike of Raikaria's claim/role description too so there was really nothing stopping him from jumping on the wagon on "claim is fake" grounds. I also liked his vote on Shadoweh happening at that particular time of the day even though the D1 scumbuddies case in itself is really not that great.

At first I didn't like BT because hammering powers are a thing I'd give a scum role so they have to risk extra scrutiny to get them, but then the game went on and nothing he posted really looked scummy even though I was already kinda biased over the role thing. I kinda townread in a similar way to Paladin in that he seemed to also be seeking for small towntelling details. If I had to choose among Paladinman and BT I'd probably choose BT atm, not that I'd have to anytime soon because there's plenty of other people to look into who seem much more likely to be scum.

Conq appears to be posting stream of thoughts most of the time, I remember a few terrible typos that made me think that he wasn't reviewing the posts which is something I'd expect him to do as scum. Could just be really relaxed since everybody is reading him town, but he doesn't really read anywhere close to his past game (even though I wouldn't expect him to play the same, it's mostly gut on tone and posting style). I figure I'll look into him further if we're both still alive later in the game.

« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2013, 11:42:04 AM »
I don't like Shadoweh. The drunk on ego GreyICE attitude is not something I've seen her do before, and not only does that mean that she's calling out on everybody else for sucking at the game, she's also giving herself merits for consolidation that don't really apply.

She started pushing the Raikaria wagon in her #129 which was around when half the day had gone by, CF7 claimed and Raikaria was at two votes. The only wagon waffling that happened after CF7's claim scattering the wagon was when Rai was left at L-2 or L-1 and claimed doc, then people scattered again to try to lynch Mitsuki/Shadoweh/Conq instead. Shadoweh wasn't around for that period of time when it was crucial to get people back on a big wagon to get a lynch for the day.

So no, Shadoweh didn't do anything special. Honestly, if you can't get your scumread lynched over an actual case that you're pushing for and that convinces other people to join the wagon in other ways that aren't pressuring with "VOTE X OR YOU'RE A RETARD", I'm pretty sure the game is better off without this kind of pushing around. My whole issue with this is that it's very convenient for scum to play "town leader" like this to push hard for lynches under the pretense of getting their scumread lynched and be able to put out minimal content this way. All there is to Shadoweh's name other than the Raikaria push are a bunch of seemingly arbitrary townreads with no explanation to them.

She could be seen as town with what I said I guess, but I'm just really gutting hard scum on the responses to the tunneling accusations going "no I did good it's just that you suck so I have to do it for you". I'd burn it.

NNR had a thing in mid-D1 interactions with several people where he wasn't scumhunting at all and just seemed to be calling out bad arguments from other cases and why they were bad. It felt like the "no town you're doing it wrong" posts that are tempting to make as scum since you're technically being helpful to town and it looks like you're doing something (which is part of the reason I gut scum on Shadoweh's latest posts now that I managed to put that into words). But later on he evolved into blatant rolefishing at Mitsuki's rolerelated Zak shenanigans which he always seems to do as town (I imagine he would attempt to avoid it as scum) and seems to be pursuing his cases in his typical fashion of hypocrisy and other things that imo are pretty bad as scumtells which points quite a bit at town!NNR. I think I'd put him somewhere in between BT and Conq in my earlier townread section.

CF7 presence felt like it died down a lot once the wagon scattered after the claim, which feels like a scum move, but when I checked his ISO real quick he did actually post quite a few times after that, just with really little content, which kind of resembles the small posts before he became a main wagon. The scattered claim thing seemed too odd for scum to do and role is proven, but I don't think that the role alone makes him auto-town, I could see the role being part of a scumrole as a handicap. And... not much else to say from memory really, I need a reread on him.

Actually I think pretty much everyone else is people who I haven't given much scrutiny in my first readthrough (Serela, Validon, SB, Dan, Zak and ninja) so I think I'll just stop here to go get lunch and reread when I get back. I start lessons in two hours though so I might not be able to write up another post before I go.

Shadoweh

« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
Shadoweh
My reason is because you lynched Raikaria OVER CF7.  Conq and Mitsuki are also suspect, but you are the one I am holding responsible.
It sounds like you cleared Raikaria for being the doc. I wasn't sure if he was. CF7 is town anyway so I don't feel bad for not choosing to lynch one townie over another. You have to look at it from the perspective that both were the wrong lynch instead of just focusing on how the lynch we got was the town flipping one.

In other news Vhaltz doesn't like be for being a town leader which is what scum do? The thing is if CF7 is town, and you at least think he's null-town, I had no reason to care. It's easier as scum to go 'oh, that CF7 lynch is bad, well I'm voting Raikaria, hope things turn out well!' And then play Minecraft for 8 hours. I could build a house, try to dig out that lava pit again and try not to drown, I really don't like things that require my presence as scum. It's just how I am.

And you've never seen me be a terrible person in mafia? I'll take that as a compliment and not be inclined to show proof otherwise. >_>

« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
I lied because I hadn't read from Conq's wall onwards and I wanted to get that done before getting lunch. Also a friend is watching Dopefish play Incredipede right next to me and it's pretty distracting.

Quote from: Shadoweh
In other news Vhaltz doesn't like be for being a town leader which is what scum do?

Way to throw the sentence out of context Shadoweh.
Since people are likely to skip my walls at some point or another I'll point out again that pretending to be town leader as scum by pushing lynches forth without a case is a very convenient strategy. No need to put out other content, no need to put out cases, no need to do anything really, just fake rage at people for not voting who you want them to vote and you've got your cover as "townie who thinks the ends justify the means".

Shadoweh

« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
I wouldn't call myself town leader honestly, I'm just annoyed at the idea that DOING SOMETHING means you're scummier then watching people do things. It's not just you. I don't think I was ever angry yesterday either, so I'm not sure where that comes from. People just see all caps better. Best scum strategy = no caps

But to counter what you've said, you point out I started pushing Raikaria right after CF7's claim. CF7's claim was p damn townie, so the timing isn't a coindicence. As for not being here after Rai claimed doc, it was like, 8am so I fell asleep. I hope you aren't implying I purposely lurked through the possibility of a quickwagon on me. :V I guarenteed would have freaked out if I were here.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 1!
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »
It was "I am fed up with this. Do what you want"
Potential vote for Serela because i'm not suicidal and kind of want to see some other wagon that is not me.Omg. More paranoia. How i am supposed to defend against this?
Can someone translate that for me? Because my brain sort of short circuits on this.

Anyway thoughts.
NNR is likely town, i'm not sure why, but usually i read him as town. As is Shadoweh.
I'm still unsure about BT. Maybe i'm just prejudiced against a hammering role. But okay, he might be town.
Darkie keeps insisting that i'm baaaaad. His overall behaviour
Serela. Tbh, what ticks me off is his sort of opportunistic jump on my wagon without much reasoning. Later he tries to justify it, while saying that yes his jump was not really justified, but now my defense is so bad and i'm likely scum, so Serela can keep his vote on me. Tbh, i think that's a scum tell.
Can't say much about sky paladin, but as he's basically dark horse here he might swing either way.
Validon/Mitsuki pretty much null atm.
Zak. Aside from jump on my wagon based on BT pointing to contradiction in my posts can't say much about him. Probably town.
Raikaria looks... town'ish.

In the light of the above.
I'll vote for either Serela or Darkie unless he does something about his paranoia.

Also i'm the glorious ~Vanilla Townie~. Again. How come i'm playing role madness game and i'm a VT again? It's a fucking conspiracy...

Note the very last bit of his post.

Green colour is reseved for mod usage only.

Yet during his claim, he used this mod only color.

And again somehow, after the lynch is completely over and we enter n1, no announcement have been made in this regard.

@PX: Is this intentional
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »
OMG.
Darkie. You're beautiful.
FYI the color i used is actually darkgreen. There's a difference.
Seriously can you think of something even more laughable?
Anyway post incoming. Just couldn't ignore this.

Do not use green Zzzzz
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:04:36 PM by PX »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
Takeout lunch is cool.

I hope you aren't implying I purposely lurked through the possibility of a quickwagon on me. :V I guarenteed would have freaked out if I were here.

Not what I have said either. I pointed out your being missing during that period of time because it was the most important part of the day when it comes to wagon consolidation, which is what were praising yourself so much for doing not long ago, but couldn't have done when it was most important because you plain weren't there.

I could get parading your townieness over role shenanigans and maybe associative reads with flipped scum, but when people wave the "I'm doing townie things man just look at how townie they are" flag it just reeks of scum who want to make sure they got their cred (see Hw in whatever mafia game it was that Schezo hosted where he forced the hell out of RVS and then reminded everybody of how that tends to be a towntell).

The "scum would rather not put themselves in the spotlight" argument doesn't work either because people have different ways of playing scum and many prefer to be active or write in all caps or whatever.