Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Thread 1 (Locked)  (Read 60397 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 1!
« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2013, 09:20:49 PM »
##Vote Raikaria

that was a glorious waste of sleep hours

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2013, 09:21:19 PM »
i cant count the number of hours of sleep ive lost to playing mafia

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2013, 09:26:02 PM »
I'm leaving this slot and letting Vhaltz replace in for me in the worst situation ever wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Sorry for being a pain. I'll try to do better next time! Although I always try that and do worse. And then I get way too nervous.
But I'm actually nice when I don't play mafia...!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
I think we're aware. Most of us excercize a separation between game and OOC
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »
Yeah, but I had to make sure (?)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
I mean that people tend to act different in the game thread as opposed to outside of it, or when there isn't an ongoing game.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2013, 09:49:28 PM »
we're all fairly nice people outside of mafia (i think)

it's natural to get aggressive in a game where you're roleplaying murder and lynch mobs.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
It's an interesting psychological and social experiment!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2013, 09:58:29 PM »
Hammer, shut up

Song: Loading Song

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »
Song: The Agent Goes Through the Night

"You're the traitor!"

"No I'm not!"

"Makoto-kun, how could you?"

"No, I didn't kill Producer-san!"

"Get her!"

Everybody formed a mob together and chased off Makoto to the beach. As Makoto was backed up to the ocean, suddenly a swarm of fangirls appeared from the ocean, grabbed Makoto, and dragged her under the waves towards the sunset. Ratings skyrocketed amongst the female fans, then immediately dropped as they realized that Makoto would not appear again.

Welcome Raikaria to The iDOLM@STER Mafia! You are Makoto Kikuchi, the Idol Prince. You are an idol employed under 765 Productions.

Abilities:
Meisou Mind - "I chose this path and dashed off with my eye only on the goal." The princely idol who will put her body at stake to protect the weak! During commercial breaks, you may protect someone from any harm that comes their way. However, should you successfully defend someone, a second attempt without rest will prove deadly.
The Agent Goes Through the Night - "Lift me higher, endlessly, to the depths of my heart." When will you find your prince? This ability does as much as the chance you will find your prince this game. (Nothing)

You win when all opposing factions are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

You can post and vote in the thread during episodes while alive. Confirm by posting in thread.

Raikaria has been sentenced to death.

It is now time for a Commercial Break. Show me some proof of your intent to play during it or get replaced.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:51:15 PM by PX »

« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »
I want Vhaltz to replace me!

Conqueror

Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Commercial Break #1!
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »
 8)

so are we allowed to post in here during the commercial break or...?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »
8)

so are we allowed to post in here during the commercial break or...?

It is now time for a Commercial Break. Show me some proof of your intent to play during it or get replaced.

I think this might be a yes but I'm not exactly sure. PX?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2013, 11:17:10 PM »
I'm still in here.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
Considering huhwhat's post got deleted and none of the other nighttime posts have been deleted (nor have we really been given a "DON'T POST HERE PEOPLE NOW JEEZ" message), I'm going to go ahead and assume that we're allowed to talk at nighttime. Of course if we aren't, don't hesitate to correct me, PX.

Also, in response to that deleted post:

lol nice d1 doc lynch it's almost like i'm in this game

*coughcough*Iwasagainstitandnoonelistenedtome*coughcough*

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #345 on: October 21, 2013, 11:29:18 PM »
oh fuck I forgot I actually was supposed to get on the computer before work today

`_________________`
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #346 on: October 21, 2013, 11:37:16 PM »
PX isn't giving out mod actions so I assume until all five of us get modkilled that we're still allowed to obvtown it up in here.
To answer the accusations that yesterday I did nothing but push people to vote for Raikaria I counter with: Yes. That's exactly what I did. And it made people vote Raikaria instead of waffling around like idiots so I'd call it mission fucking success. If you really want to blame someone, blame yourselves for fucking around on other wagons for so long that by the time you consolidated we didn't have time to agree on another wagon. Except maybe lynching me in a quickwagon because ~*~I'm Shadoweh~*~

Now to actually reread and see what to make out of what happened. I don't think Conq's argument was scum-based but then again he's tricked me with cases like that before =.= (its joke)

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #347 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »
so we're apparently totally allowed to post during the night, so here's stream of consciousness as I catch up from page 7 where I went to bed last night

Quote from: Validon
The only other thing off the top of my head that I can think of is Mitsuki's comment about simply voting a lurker if no decision could be reached, which irks me somewhat, but Serela going "NO IT'S TOTALLY SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE READING AS SCUM" (well, in less excitable terms, but, well...) irks me too.
I said it was bad, but it's not like I was raving "OH GOD MITSUKI IS SCUM" or anything (note I never actually mentioned a desire to vote mitsuki)

It's vague mix of amusing/depressing to see Raikaria claim doc and then "Raikaria is the doc. ##Vote Raikaria" from every player. (I'm not stating actual disagreement since I had an uneducated gut desire to vote Raikaria and since I haven't reread the game in any depth yet, but WELP)

Quote from: Sky Paladin
My main reason for suspecting Raikaria is because I don't buy their role description.
My main reason for suspecting CF7 is because I don't buy their role description.
uhm, even if you didn't believe Raikaria's role it was a totally non-strange sounding one, and CF7's was super confirmable as soon as night occured (which it turns out to be true in some degree)

Quote from: Still sky paladin but later
However, I'd prefer nobody die at all, since it's day 1 and I don't like this business at all.
This is silly. (not scummy silly though, but yeah not-lynching d1 is like the worst thing, just to pass on the information)
Sky Paladin's Shadoweh case isn't half bad (for coming from them at the least, I'd need to reread Shadoweh to actually decide if I think she's scum) (BY THE WAY I KEEP SEEING ALL THESE PEOPLE CALL SHADOWEH TOWN, and yet you said I'm the one with the case of NNR?! D:)
(also I had a gut read of shadoweh as being somewhat townie but not a town read, just ftr)

Tried reading Raikaria again and ended up reading the Pokemon X/Y thread.
ALPHABET-COLOURED SCUM
zak what do you actually think about raikaria aside from his doc claim because that is the most serela post from you ive ever seen
I'VE BEEN PROMOTED TO ADJECTIVE (Or at least, it's the first time I can recall it used as an adjective for someone other then me)

FTR I do agree that Raikaria's responses to wagon and stuff didn't exactly seem the most townie-ish (It's better then Paperblade's reaction but)

Oh god I'm not the only insomniac so I can't just go "zzzzz I'll get proper opinions in order when everyone starts making their d2 posts"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #348 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:45 PM »
forgot to put zak and conq's names (in that order) on the last 2 quotes oops

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #349 on: October 21, 2013, 11:55:41 PM »
>BY THE WAY I KEEP SEEING ALL THESE PEOPLE CALL SHADOWEH TOWN

MALE, NOT TOWN

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #350 on: October 22, 2013, 12:01:39 AM »
I do not want to be fucking involved in that blame, because I wasn't going to fucking waffle around on Raikaria's wagon because from the beginning I was against it but by the time I actually was able to say "hey guys, this is a bad idea, what the hell are you doing," no one was willing to listen to me, especially Conqueror. You and him are on my lynching list.

Cut: @Serela: I think I was like the only voice who not only disagreed with the wagon but refused to vote for it until the very end, because I know BT and Mitsuki acknowledged it might not be the best idea but they were both like "VALIDON YOU'RE NOT HELPING TOWN OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING!?" Which is why I gave in to peer pressure even though I totally shouldn't have.

>BY THE WAY I KEEP SEEING ALL THESE PEOPLE CALL SHADOWEH TOWN

MALE, NOT TOWN

I know, right?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #351 on: October 22, 2013, 12:10:54 AM »
Wagon blame game lynches tend to be terrible. Validon, if you can admit that you weren't able to say anything about (the wagon, lynching, doing anything in the game because you were lurking more then Zakeri) then maybe you can understand why getting a lynch together was so hard in the first place. You were part of the problem. In point of fact I think your lurking was pretty scummy. Do you have any reasons to lynch Conq and me, but especially me, that aren't because we led a case? You've got an entire commercial break to convince people to start the day on it.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:45 AM »
Well, Conqueror I'm not considering as much to lynch because at the very least he did express interest in other wagons. You... well, I'll have to reread you, but you are right, I don't have much else of a reason to vote you other than that you tunneled Raikaria hard.
Also, if I was scum, would I really hardcore defend Raikaria like that? Wouldn't I just have sheeped along with everyone else because I would have known it was advantageous to scum to lynch him, particularly because A- He claimed a powerful role, and B- He was too much of a distraction from the real mafia that it would ensure the safety of the actual mafia for at least a little longer? Also just to let you know, I am BUSY IRL. I managed today to have a good amount of time to spend on this. If I didn't have to deal with schoolwork or anything, I would have been on a lot longer.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #353 on: October 22, 2013, 12:29:27 AM »
Just looked through and it just feels mostly null, although I don't like this:

Conq do you think we have time to move to another lynch/claim? We're going to be running into claims we don't want to lynch all day here. :/

I know it goes along with what you just said, but the fact that you mentioned Conq by name kind of gives me a bad feeling. Couldn't that just be, you know, directed at everyone and not just Conq?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2013, 12:35:56 AM »
Also sadly, I have nulls on practically everyone else mainly because I cared mostly about the Raikaria thing and the slapfight at the beginning of the day so if you want opinions on other people from me, I have none besides the face that Mitsuki gives me bad vibes and CF7 and Dark are at the very least null if not town.
As a quick question so that we can stop having a screaming match, who is currently looking scummy to you (well besides me, since you made it clear already you think my lurking is scummy)? Or are you still rereading?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »
Shadoweh's endless tunneling is kinda bad, and so is the reasoning afterwards (town nearly always manages to consolidate on a lynch with prodding or w/o.

Darkninja's tunneling is worse then Shadoweh's tunneling anyway.

Shadoweh is right on the front for blame-game scumhunting. Calling him scum for pushing a mislynch is almost as bad at trying to give yourself ~townie cred~ for avoiding a lynch.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #356 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:25 AM »
In an effort to promote easy readability of the game, I'm going to pretend Day 2 has started slightly early and request that people include concise summaries of
A.Who You Think Is Scum Right Now
B.Why
(note that concise means short and to the point, I'm not asking for essays)

Since we just got a lynch+flip, this is totally relevant even if you think you previously were pretty clear on this!

Yes I haven't delivered on this myself yet but uh I'll do it soon I promise? `-` (I need to reread the game, or better yet, not worry about it too much and only read the parts that are relevant from what I read of people's responses to this post)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #357 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:19 AM »
Mitsuki may be replacing out, but I still found his D1 play pretty souring, even when he wasn't panicing. He's pretty set as my D2 vote tomorrow. Second choice at this point would probably be Darkninja, he stuck to CF7 until he was more or less forced to get off of him, he had pretty much no reads on anyone else despite people requesting them.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #358 on: October 22, 2013, 01:03:00 AM »
I need to ISO Validon as well, and I've noted a Serious lack of Bananas.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #359 on: October 22, 2013, 01:07:27 AM »
You do have a point on that.  It doesn't lower my suspicions in the slightest, though.

Also:

Shadoweh is right on the front for blame-game scumhunting. Calling her scum for pushing a mislynch is almost as bad at trying to give yourself ~townie cred~ for avoiding a lynch.

Fixed that for you. :V

Cut: @Serela: My current list:

Shadoweh (only for tunneling on Raikaria and making that comment where it was as if she needed to ask permission from Conq for a change in wagon, so this is almost gut but with some justification)
Mitsuki (Her posts read as urgh in a lot of cases, particularly the "let's lynch lurkers if we can't agree on a wagon! owo" thing.)
Conqueror (Although there were some points where from a certain perspective, yes, Raikaria did look scummy, there was the occasional post that felt urgh to me as well, but not to the extent of Mitsuki)

Other people I'm reading as null right now, particularly the more lurker-like people (Zakari I'm looking at you).