Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Thread 1 (Locked)  (Read 60386 times)

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 1!
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2013, 07:48:37 AM »
Darkie keeps insisting that i'm baaaaad. His overall behavior
His overall behavior is just tunneling on me while ignoring anything else.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
Also i'm the glorious ~Vanilla Townie~. Again. How come i'm playing role madness game and i'm a VT again? It's a fucking conspiracy...
hmm, before i say anything else, please claim your character and role name.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

CF7

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »
My character is on your current avatar. And i'm an Idol of course.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2013, 10:00:07 AM »
Would like to drop by for a quick apology on the intelligibility of my posts. As I am not a native speaker, I tend to screw up my grammar royally when I stop paying attention to my work, which is rather common when one is using the internet. :V
(I did not call conq scum, but the mysterious ''on conq'' thing was actually a paragraph starting with ''on the subject of wagoning raikaria''.....which was ultimately cut short due to real life kicking in. Resulting in that pure, distilled !@#$.)

-CF7 your vanilla townie claim isn't convincing at all. Its missing out on all the important details. We want to know what your role does, on what conditions, etc. Which you are deliberately hiding from us
-Shadoweh, google translate sucks
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2013, 10:01:37 AM »
OK, I'm awake, I've done IRL stuff I need to do, and now I'm re-reading the mafia threat to see about many things, particularly the CF7 case.

Firstly, I'm not going to entertain the start of D1 and CF7's mantra and Darkninja's silly note for it. I've spoken enough about that already and I don't think it is indicative of scum.

Darkie's case moves more to being based on CF7's reactions to the initital vote. While I can see these reactions as 'Uh; no, this is why I'm doing it' and Darkninja's wording of his case, as I put before, gave off the impression he was saying something along the lines of; 'lynch this guy now', it does seem a little bit too guarded.

@ the above.
tl;dr
Whatever.

Don't like this attitude.

Oh. In that case.
##Vote NNR

Wait; what case?

BT's Number 44 makes good points I agree with. He puts it better than I would

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15735.msg1032782.html#msg1032782 because CF7 had repeatedly said that Darkninja was the most suspicious player. RVS misunderstandings or not, if that's the case you should vote them; not someone who you don't even make a case on after  saying someone else is scummy multiple times. And then the BT vote just smells of OMGUS.

I've already mentioned that the hammering part of the role BT claimed is non-indicative of alignment.

Everyone points out the flaws on CF7's case. His response?

I rest my case.

But i guess i can switch to Serela wagon, so my vote won't go to waste.

Openly admitting he'll just wagon hop so his vote doesn't 'Go to waste'.

Also i'm the glorious ~Vanilla Townie~.

Yeah... no. If anything this is a good reason to lynch you. Either you have some hidden power even you don't know about that likely works on lynch, or you're scum who can't think up a good fakeclaim because this is Role Madness. I think the latter is more likely.

##Vote: CF7

Note: CF7 is at L-1, but BT claimed his role does something when someone hammers. Please do not vote until BT has unvoted.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

CF7

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
-CF7 your vanilla townie claim isn't convincing at all. Its missing out on all the important details. We want to know what your role does, on what conditions, etc. Which you are deliberately hiding from us
Yeah... no. If anything this is a good reason to lynch you. Either you have some hidden power even you don't know about that likely works on lynch, or you're scum who can't think up a good fakeclaim because this is Role Madness. I think the latter is more likely.
Have you forgotten what VT does? Let me remind you. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Should i continue? Or maybe you got the idea?
Oh, right, sorry. I forgot. Townies are expendable. And Vanilla Townies are more expendable than the others.

Also will my vote against myself will count? At least i can deny him his power-up out of spite.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
DON'T HAMMER YOURSELF

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2013, 10:19:46 AM »
Do you even realize why a VT claim is bad?

VT's don't even exist in Role Madness. Everyone has some kind of power.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2013, 10:20:43 AM »
And for the what feels like the 3rd time; a role which has to do with hammering is non-indicative of alignment. In fact, the fact that BT went and outed it so early indicates it's more likely to be a town role; IMO.

Shadoweh

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »
BT is already on your wagon so he can't hammer you, relax a little.
What kind of fucking scum would claim VT in role madness, as if there needed to be further reason to lynch Raikaria into the god damn ground.

UNVOTE CF7
VOTE RAIKARIA
THERE WILL BE CAKE AFTER THE LYNCH

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

CF7

« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2013, 10:23:22 AM »
Do you even realize why a VT claim is bad?

VT's don't even exist in Role Madness. Everyone has some kind of power.
I do.
I have 1 power. It's passive. It has no effect on night actions or day's voting process. So technically i'm VT.

Shadoweh

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »
Would like to drop by for a quick apology on the intelligibility of my posts. As I am not a native speaker, I tend to screw up my grammar royally when I stop paying attention to my work, which is rather common when one is using the internet. :V
(I did not call conq scum, but the mysterious ''on conq'' thing was actually a paragraph starting with ''on the subject of wagoning raikaria''.....which was ultimately cut short due to real life kicking in. Resulting in that pure, distilled !@#$.)
It's okay, everyone else read it properly. It makes sense now.

-Shadoweh, google translate sucks
That makes this post more adorable. For Darkninja's benefit: Vanilla Townie is the plain role with no special abilities. It means he is claiming not to have any.

Cut: Wait, you're a vanilla townie with an ability? O_o what does it do

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »
I do.
I have 1 power. It's passive. It has no effect on night actions or day's voting process. So technically i'm VT.

That's not an ability then if it has absolutely no effect on the game.

Even if it's passive it has to effect something, like if you're targeted by something.

CF7

« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
It allows me to ignore this little rule.
Do not post during night unless a role allows

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »
I'm on my phone between lectures so I can't read what's going on. I saw stuff about hammers, though. ##Unvote

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2013, 10:43:04 AM »
It's (Slightly Past) 9:02 PM (In Australia)

Song: 9:02 PM

Conq (1) - Sky Paladin
Serela (1) - Mitsuki
CF7 (6) - Darkninjaabc, Serela, Zakeri, Validon98, NekoNekoRex, Raikaria
Darkninjaabc (2) - Serious Bananas
Raikaria (2) - Conq, Shadoweh
BT (1) - CF7
Not Voting: ActionDan, BT

|||||||||||||||||||||||(44%)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
CF7 is at L-2

« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2013, 10:54:43 AM »
##Unvote

Well, I reread the whole thing and I don't have much to say either. Serela seems a lot better now that I've paid close attention to what he's saying.

I don't know what to think about CF7. There is something that makes me lean towards town, but it's minor:

And where's that guilt you're speaking of?

I think that scum would assume there's part of guilt on what someone else is saying about them. CF7 didn't do that and even directly asked that, it just looks like prideful town who doesn't understand the case on him.
There have also been some things I haven't liked about him while I was reading, but I think that all of them are null. His claim didn't seem believable at first (when I began typing this all) but now it doesn't seem fake. Still, he should claim his role name the way it was given to him.

Replies:

What do you think of Validon's vote?

Nothing in particular. I'd like him to specify which points he doesn't agree with, but that's all.

Serela always pointed out that it's too early for lurker hunts, but why does putting a vote on a lurker now make it harder to consolidate lynch at the end of the day?

When did I say that? (o_o) I just said that I didn't want to vote lurkers now.

I'll vote and give my reasoning for my vote later. It takes time for me to write, and I think it's important to post this right now.
By the way, I'm playing alone.

Shadoweh

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
Huh. That role usually has a name called Insomniac. It's kind of weird that you'd be marked as a VT with it. Even a rainbow colored one.
Mitsuki I will forgive you if you ~*~vote raikaria~*~ with me

CF7

« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2013, 11:52:57 AM »
Tbh, it does a little bit more than that. It allows anyone to speak during the night. As it is we have everyone as an Insomniac atm. But that's really it.
Anyway i've been sitting on BT vote for some time and i think it's not doing me or BT any good.
##Unvote
I'll go and reread the thread, i guess.

« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »
CF7, please claim your role name as it was given to you.

Shadoweh

« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »
Can we please not lynch CF7, I want to have nighttalk ;;

CF7

« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »
I've reread the thread. So since the sky is falling, i guess, i can go full paranoia mode here.
My gut feeling tells me you are scum, and my guts never lie.
clearly only town can be this repulsive
Considering the stuff going on i don't like this one bit. Even if it's a RVS joke. Every joke has something in it, that is actually true.
You think CF7 is slapfighting town? Why?
Subtly pushing me as a not-town.
Quicklynch argument was like....well, what to me. My entire point boils down to the fact that CF7 RVS is suspicious, and that even if it was a mislynch its okay to occur since its so early in the game anyway.
Bolded for emphasis.
cf7 your point on bt is dumb; find another vote. even if i got powers from hammering i'd sure as hell be voting before deadline to show where i wanted to lynch.
What i really meant was "i suspect him/her and will vote for him/her, but since i want my "bonus for hammering"? i'll wait and place my vote when it's L-1"
He also says gaining his ability by hammering is weird for a townie. Not really? In Touhou NOCfia on SF I got extra shots of part of my role by hammering a player I scanned as guilty.
I can understand conditional hammering bonuses. I can understand that the role can even be town. Yet BT just said that he gets something out of hammering. It's kind of weird tbh. Why announce it in the first post? To paint yourself as a target for scum? Because really what scum wants a townie who's getting stronger and stronger with each passing day?
His BT vote is just too BLUH and he needs to get rid of it immediately and do something else regardless of alignment.

...it's also occured to me I'm being way more aggressive then I usually am, but it's making d1 be fun instead of a painful gross mess so I'll just roll with it `-`
Votes on BT are bad.
And he admits that he plays differently than his usual play. Which iirc he was town before. Which in turn raises questions about his alignment.

I think that scum would assume there's part of guilt on what someone else is saying about them. CF7 didn't do that and even directly asked that, it just looks like prideful town who doesn't understand the case on him.
Do you like cookies? Can i give you a cookie? Because that's how it went. Even if you can call that um... abomination a "case".

CF7, please claim your role name as it was given to you.
I am Chihaya Kisaragi.

So. Either i am wrong on all accounts and can't read people at all, or there's a scum here somewhere. Darkie, Serela and BT. Maybe all 3, which is unlikely, but still possible.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
oh geez, I'm glad we haven't hammered yet, I still wanted to actually discuss things.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »
CF7, I meant role name, not character name.

My entire point boils down to the fact that CF7 RVS is suspicious

I've just noticed this. I went back to check and no, CF7's vote on NNR didn't count. As I said before, it doesn't make sense to deduce CF7 has a conditional powerup role if the way he placed his vote wasn't taken into account by the mod. Darkie, what do you think about that?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
I have read page 1.  Dark is town.

bbl later for now.  let's not do rash things until then.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »
as in, got shit to do since my parents rely on me.

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »
CF7's claiming shenanigans are the weirdest thing ever (I'm a vanilla townie, oh my role name, it's just idol, oh no everyone's yelling at me uh I'm a vanilla townie with one little power nevermind, oh wait you want to actually know what it is, uh okay it makes me insomniac, I mean uh it makes EVERYONE insomniac that's cool right) but I guess it's super confirmable? Not that it doesn't mean he can be scum but it's still odd

But seriously, if you're going to claim, you CLAIM. And you especially don't claim HAVING ABSOLUTELY NO POWERS when you ACTUALLY HAVE POWERS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF CLAIMING (I have no idea why someone would ever be afraid of claiming insomniac, so)

While I'm somewhat tempted to let him live for a day just to see if it's true, this is the most unbelievable string of events I have ever seen, so

(that being said we're not hammering immediately because there's actually still delicious discussion to be had, it's funny considering I usually want the day ended sooner the better)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »
Hey ActionDan,

Earlier you voted for Mitsuki, and said something like, "I'm totally going to explain my vote later."  But you cancelled your vote.  Is there something you can say about it now?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
Further to that:  I didn't get the memo saying 'can post during commercial break'.  I assume there'll be some kind of update during the break to let us know that we're allowed to talk due to the insomniac ability, if what CF7 is saying is true.  Otherwise, how would I know that I was allowed to talk at night? 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2013, 01:52:30 PM »
responding to cf7 quotewall
Subtly pushing me as a not-town.
Um no, asking people why they think you're slapfighting town when he thinks otherwise is a totally legit question!
Yet BT just said that he gets something out of hammering. It's kind of weird tbh. Why announce it in the first post? To paint yourself as a target for scum?
In Role Madness scum can just assume everyone has some kind of power, so it's not that bad to claim you have something- although obviously you wouldn't want to claim what it -is-
Votes on BT are bad.
And he admits that he plays differently than his usual play. Which iirc he was town before. Which in turn raises questions about his alignment.
You vote on BT was bad because your reason to vote him was pure -what-. Everyone who's commented on it pretty much agrees (albiet I remember one person who tried to justify it from a town!CF7 point of view, they still didn't agree it was a good reason iirc)
And as for the second part (about me), different from usual =/= different alignment from usual. When I'm scum I tend to fall to pieces shortly into the game and fail with ever doing anything decent >_>; Good scum games are rare occurrences for me, although one happened not too long ago. But yeah if you're going to try to use this as a reason I'm scum sorry but actually looking at past games would prove it wrong
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore