Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XIII: Unlucky Deaths & Silly Mistakes Edition  (Read 198285 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XIII: Unlucky Deaths & Silly Mistakes Edition
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
and what about Mysterious Snake Show?

People consider Mysterious Snake Show difficult? It's just dodging snakes in an alternating pattern. It's honestly Nue's easiest card if not one of the easiest cards in UFO, and I'm counting Easy Mode. If I, someone prone to fuckups, can pull off a 100% Capture History, that's kinda sad, especially for an Extra Card.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:37:26 PM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
I tried to scorerun UFO Normal and I royally fucked up everything past Ichirin's midboss battle

Yet I still passed 1 bil before stage 6

...maybe my UFO route doesn't suck ass after all

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
I tried to scorerun UFO Normal and I royally fucked up everything past Ichirin's midboss battle

Yet I still passed 1 bil before stage 6

...maybe my UFO route doesn't suck ass after all

Did you 1cc?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Maid's Tool "Dagger Shower" Capture (StB Stage 7-1 Clear)

Time Sign "Tunnel Effect" Capture (StB Stage 7-3 Clear)

Yes I skipped stages 5 and 6. I hate those stages.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:05:06 PM by Ace »

Enjoy.

Random

• Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2012, 09:10:09 PM »
Did you 1cc?
Nope. Died at Nue because a stupid blue UFO had to escape at the wrong time. Fuck MarisaA and her Yuuka speed during her bomb.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2012, 03:48:03 AM »
I managed to terminate an otherwise capture of Philosophy of a Hated Person inside the deathbomb window.

Zil

« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:45 AM »
People consider Mysterious Snake Show difficult?
He didn't say it was difficult, he was just giving an example of curving lasers. And in any event making fun of people because they think something is hard is pure fuckery.

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
*plays EoSD Lunatic*
*does weirdly well getting power in the first two stages*
*stage 2 goes well*
*perfect 1st half of stage 3 what the shit*
*gets to Meiling with 5 lives*
*death to her opener*
*death to third nonspell because FUCKING DENSE SILVER BULLETS*
*death to second to last card because I'm an idiot and ran into one of the rainbow lines*
*enters stage 4 with two lives*
*sits in one place and lets a bullet hit me*
*RAGEQUIT*

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
Fight the rage. I must've posted at least 100 times in the rage thread when I was going for the 1cc.

A big part of this is how EoSD is horrible when restarting because stages 1-2 before Cirno are basically filler, but hey, no game is perfect.

Random

• Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »
well i just had a ufo leave at 1.5 seconds
...i quit

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »
And in any event making fun of people because they think something is hard is pure fuckery.

I didn't mean to make fun of people. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem like anyone would have a problem with that card. Sorry.

well i just had a ufo leave at 1.5 seconds
...i quit

This is why I despise UFO sometimes. What you rely on for resources can fuck you over.

Enjoy.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2012, 02:39:55 PM »
Okay, so IaMP is fun, no doubt, still not fully used to the controls since I've never been too great a player as far as fighting games are concerned, but I'm having fun. However, is this terrible delay normal? I don't know if it's my controller, but after one action, say, sprinting or getting hit, it feels like it tages ages until I can do something else again and if I press the button too early the command just goes into nothing and I won't even know it until my character stands still and possibly gets hit again.

Again, I like the game, but I've been seriously going at this for not even one day and I've thrown both my chair and my mattress within 5 seconds of each other, this is not a good sign, especially because I've never even considered doing anything with either of these two, no matter how angry I've been.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:42:59 PM by Lepetit89 »

Zil

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
When I played it, I found the controls to be horribly bad, so that might be part of the game, though I was using my keyboard to play. If I was standing still with no threats coming at me, I had extreme difficulty in just performing a single skill. Using one during actual fighting was completely impossible for me.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
Okay, so IaMP is fun, no doubt, still not fully used to the controls since I've never been too great a player as far as fighting games are concerned, but I'm having fun. However, is this terrible delay normal? I don't know if it's my controller, but after one action, say, sprinting or getting hit, it feels like it tages ages until I can do something else again and if I press the button too early the command just goes into nothing and I won't even know it until my character stands still and possibly gets hit again.

Again, I like the game, but I've been seriously going at this for not even one day and I've thrown both my chair and my mattress within 5 seconds of each other, this is not a good sign, especially because I've never even considered doing anything with either of these two, no matter how angry I've been.

Yeah, that's just the command interpreter being weird. SWR handles it a little better. You might get used to it if you stick with it though. but :mileage:, as usual.
--------------------------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, knowing how something works is one thing. Putting that knowledge towards your execution of a task is a completely different thing entirely. Folks, this replay. This replay right here sums up my problem with Subterranean Animism.  I had gone up to Satori with nary a mistake, after a two month overall hiatus from Touhou, and what happens? Derp on the opener, derp on Souvenir, Three. Stupid. Mistakes. on Princess Undine. I'm not too sure if there's any more advice I can take. I've played this game enough to know how every pattern works, to an extent. I've analyzed my progression through the run, I predicted every wave of bullets coming at me. It all keeps getting ruined by dumb mistakes. And especially from Stage 4 onward, you cannot afford to screw up like that. Once you do, you're pretty much fucked one way or another. Rant aside, I think I can get this. Like I said, those deaths were merely due to stupid mistakes. If I can prevent those, I've got this. Plain and simple.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
Heh, speaking of SA Lunatic.  I tried no-bombing it again but I died three times in Stage 3. Again. One death on the boss. One terrible death to the boss' final non-spell and two deaths to the stage because I apparently don't know how to do it or some shit like that.

1MNB Stage 4. Then a Stage 5 performance worth slamming your head into your desk over. Die to midboss Orin's first non-spell, die to the rest of the stage twice, die to Orin's first spell and then twice on her last. AGAIN!  >:( WHY? This fucking card is easy! I could understand dying to her non-spell or Catwalk or the third spellcard but twice on the final and twice in a row? I could probably steamroll Utsuho with those two lives.

This is horribly frustrating because the first half of the game is so beyond terrible that no metaphors I can think up can describe just how terrible it is. I don't know if they are entertaining if you are scoring but from a survival standpoint they are so boring.

I'm not sure if I am going to push through with this clear because the restriction means that I can see a bullet coming at me, that I already at that moment know I cannot dodge, and just accept that I'm gonna lose another life in half a second. That, or situations where you find yourself screwed over by some of the ridiculous stuff that can happen in Stage 5.

/end of the complaining. I'll try thinking of a different sort of challenge to pursue. I think I may already have ideas.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 10:24:55 PM »
SON OF A BITCH KEYBOARD

I TRY TO DO A NOFOCUS NORMAL 1CC OF UFO WITH SANAE A AND YOU JUST FUCKING LOCK UP- LITERALLY, IT LOCKED THE WORST POSSIBLE OF ALL KEYS: UP, AND THIS WAS RIGHT AFTER SINKER GHOST AND I HAD SIX LIVES RETAINED UNDER MY BELT.

I am sorry for the SCREAMING but to be honest, I fucking hate my keyboard so fucking much right now. I wish I hadn't ruined the c, v, and b keys on my old, ergonomic, ACTUALLY FUNCTIONAL KEYBOARD.

I HAVE FULL REASON TO SCREAM LIKE A LUNATIC (No pun intended) THIS TIME. This was not my fucking fault. This was the keyboard being a jerk.

Second worst part: I couldn't save my replay because guess what: A vertical key was locked, making pause menu navigation impossible. I could have saved a replay of failure at Kogasa's last card for the Fail Compilation Thread. BUT NO.

Again, I am sorry. I would be calmer about this but this is just fucking crossing the line. Keep in mind that the same situation from thread X / XI (Whichever one had me screaming at Byakuren out of fucking nowhere) would simply pass as me complaining calmly now. The fact that I am acting this way over something ten times worse is a sign of improvement and a sign of legitimate ability to complain.

If I ever come into some money, I'm going to throw this back into a box and use it as a backup for if I ruin a good keyboard like the ergonomic one.

Enjoy.

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »
Motherfucking Orin.  That is all.

No, that is not all.  Spleen Eater..  Really?  I ace that stupid spell every time I play it, so the one time I actually go for a legit semi-scoring 1CC Normal it kills me with a rogue familiar running into my legs.  Riiiiiiiight.  I suppose on the bright side I perfect Stages 1, 2, and 3 all in one go while going for non-bomb graze abuse.  It also marked first-captures for Satori/Suika's first and third recollection spells.  But goddamn you, Orin.  And then to follow up the failure of Spleen Eater, I ate it on Blazing Wheel too.  Hahaha.  Shuldajestbomd.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
Messed up a perfect run of UFO Stage 3 on Hard at her last spell. This is after both bull blue orb spams and her first boss card.

Why.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:28:25 PM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2012, 01:14:01 AM »
Tch!

Marisa.... I understand if you want to glide around the field like it's an ice rink.
I also understand if you want to wait until a tenth of a second passes before you do as I ask.

But please don't flip flop between these two mindsets as I'm fighting Reimu, okay?
I just had a perfect LLS Stage 4 run ruined by a 3-miss Reimu fight :I

I still cleared the game somehow, but still >_>

Oh

« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2012, 02:19:43 AM »
I almost punched my computer
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21132
QED is giving me a lot of trouble lately...

Random

• Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2012, 03:25:07 AM »
So after watching Malk's PCB Normal no vert run, I wanted to try to no vert Lunatic.

attempt 1:
>ooh perfect stage 1
>not so great stage 2, died once but at least I used all of my bombs
>stage 3 what the fuck
>dies on stage 4

I can already see that this is going to be fun.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2012, 09:57:05 AM »
I'm not much of a "rage" person but these two really annoyed me earlier today (both IN's Spell 202 Ultra), particularly the second one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMnULBMpCpk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vbpopgKf1U

: /

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
I could never manage to NoVertical anything. I'd always hit up around stage 4 out of how tense I would get.

Enjoy.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
Yeah, that's just the command interpreter being weird. SWR handles it a little better. You might get used to it if you stick with it though. but :mileage:, as usual.

No way around that, I guess, though it becomes less noticable with practice, at least I've managed to get as far as Suika's (hopefully) last Spellcard on Normal now. I'm not sure if I actually like that one, with all the bullets it would be nice to know if I need to deal damage or if I just need to survive once the vortex and those super-bullets appear. I don't mind gimmicks, but seeing neither health nor any timers makes it hard to decide if I should try to launch a Spellcard since I'll definitely get hit if I input the command and wind up not having anything ready, which I couldn't see. Well, either her defense increases as her health decreases or there's something else at work, at least I don't see how anyone could take three direct hits from my Spellcards during my last healthbar. Ah, let's just try again.

Edit: Seems like she's just super-resistant towards Spellcards or something, but it's doable for me, had I tested that earlier when her healthbar was still visible this wouldn't have been a problem.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:01:42 PM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »
Erm, I don't think terrible delay on IaMP is normal, though I can't say what could be causing it

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
The incredibly noticeable lag between me pushing a button and stuff happening was what caused me to ragequit the game, uninstall it and never play it again. Because you know..it doesn't work properly. I'm not particularly amazing at fighting games but I have played plenty of them and delay between button push and stuff happening being that long is something I consider unacceptable.

But still, is that a technical problem then and not just the game being generally shit? I just assumed it was the latter, perhaps a fix can be found. TO THE TECH SUPPORT FORUM!

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody never had this problem for me, come to think of it. Hence why I kinda like that game.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »
I'm not sure about actual input lag, my main issue was delay between two actions where inputs would just be ignored due to bad timing, though that is something you can get used to I suppose. Which reminds me, the time it takes for your character to adjust to to a change of sides also seems to be annoying. Especially when fighting Remilia, it happens quite frequently that we jump past each other, I try to fire some bullets which are then shot in the opposite direction of where Remilia is. Nonetheless, there are still a few other things where I'm not sure if they're bugs - inputting names on the scoreboard, for instance, is it normal that the cursor skips one letter for each tap? You can still input any name by using the edges, but I found it a little annoying the first time.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:23:15 PM by Lepetit89 »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2012, 10:13:54 PM »
Dying at Stage 6
Spoiler:
Easy
is suffering

EDIT: And a not-so-great Easy Modo run where I made a lot of mistakes
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:10:37 AM by Railakuren Hijiri »

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »
Because I am utterly foolish, I decided today, I'd score clears of Phantasm with EVERY shot-type.  Or, at least, the last one that I needed to do so with before I could claim full Phantasm mastery - ReimuA, the Homing Amulets.

You know what happens when you've completely disregarded a shot-type for whatever foolish reason?  You have to clear Extra with it, first.  So I do so.  Two deaths to Charming Siege from All Sides, and in general, a terrible time against Ran, because... well, a LOT of my plans (including for Unilateral Contact) do not work with a shot-type that is so weak.  Ugh.

« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2012, 04:00:53 PM »
Okay, that is IT.

I am formally announcing a long hiatus from Ten Desires, also known as "that game that always does what you tell it to do...half a second later."

Sorry, whoever requested the Iwafune Ascending to Heaven timeout. I forget and can't be bothered to check. But that is not coming for a LONG time.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
Okay, that is IT.

I am formally announcing a long hiatus from Ten Desires, also known as "that game that always does what you tell it to do...half a second later."

Sorry, whoever requested the Iwafune Ascending to Heaven timeout. I forget and can't be bothered to check. But that is not coming for a LONG time.
Dude. You seriously need to setup vpatch for Ten Desires or something. I see no difference between using it or not, though it  may depend on your setup, so give it a try.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear