Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55255 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #840 on: June 17, 2011, 02:41:48 AM »
>On to Ichirn's. Suspect we have some 'splainin explaining to do.

« Reply #841 on: June 17, 2011, 02:48:08 AM »
>On to Ichirn's. Suspect we have some 'splainin explaining to do.

>You give the reins a flick and resume riding to Ichirin's. Shimmer swoops in beside you as you move away.
>"Oh, yeah," she says. "Got a message for you. Ichi's asleep now, but she told me to tell you that your room's still waiting for you if you came back tonight."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #842 on: June 17, 2011, 02:49:09 AM »
>"Thanks."
>"Hey, do you know where she got this horse and cart from?"

« Reply #843 on: June 17, 2011, 02:51:24 AM »
>"Thanks."
>"Hey, do you know where she got this horse and cart from?"

>"No sweat."
>"Ah, um..." She furrows her brow intensely for a moment, then shrugs. "Probably someone over there." She casually indicates the majority of the village.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #844 on: June 17, 2011, 02:56:18 AM »
>"Ah well. They'll just have to wait, I guess."
>Head toward the orphanarium!
>Once we arrive, find a good place to hitch the horse. Preferably where he can eat and drink. Unless there's actually a proper stable there.

« Reply #845 on: June 17, 2011, 03:09:59 AM »
>"Ah well. They'll just have to wait, I guess."
>Head toward the orphanarium!
>Once we arrive, find a good place to hitch the horse. Preferably where he can eat and drink. Unless there's actually a proper stable there.

>You continue towards Ichirin's. Shimmer accompanies you for most of the way, flying alongside the cart, first on one side and then the other, occasionally darting away from it or over it and throwing in the odd spin. Particles of light rain down during some of her more rambunctious maneuvers, although this doesn't seem to be a constant thing.  Eventually she waves goodbye and flies back in the direction of where she first bumped into you. Shortly thereafter, you arrive at the orphanage.
>Looking around, you see several suitable places to hitch the horse. Unfortunately, there's no obvious source of water nearby for it to drink from; the place isn't really equipped for housing livestock of any kind.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #846 on: June 17, 2011, 03:20:47 AM »
>Hitch it near a good grassy place, then head inside to the kitchen, and fill it up a little troth or bucket. Something broad and low preferred so that it's less likely to be knocked over.

« Reply #847 on: June 17, 2011, 03:38:17 AM »
>Hitch it near a good grassy place, then head inside to the kitchen, and fill it up a little troth or bucket. Something broad and low preferred so that it's less likely to be knocked over.

>The entire area here is fairly grassy, but you decide to hitch the horse by the old tree in the back. Once it's securely tied, you head inside and quietly scrounge around for a suitable container. The place is lightless and quiet, save for the sound of someone gently snoring, but you take care to make as little noise as possible - you can be quite quiet when you set your mind to it. Eventually, you settle on a metal washpan, then take it back outside and fill it up at the well.

« Reply #848 on: June 17, 2011, 03:41:26 AM »
> Let's go ahead and take it back to the horse.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #849 on: June 17, 2011, 03:42:55 AM »
just like to note guys. ya forgot to ask the little fairy about the cows.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #850 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:05 AM »
> Let's go ahead and take it back to the horse.

>You take the washpan over to the horse and lay it on a suitably flat and secure piece of ground near it. You've barely stepped away again before it bends its head down and has a drink from it.

« Reply #851 on: June 17, 2011, 03:46:53 AM »
> Watch for a little bit, see if that horse sucks down that water so fast we need to refill it.
> How tired do we feel?

« Reply #852 on: June 17, 2011, 03:53:44 AM »
> Watch for a little bit, see if that horse sucks down that water so fast we need to refill it.
> How tired do we feel?

>You stay and watch for a bit. The horse does make a dent in the water, but there's still plenty left once it's done with it for the moment. You had been stopping for periodic drinks along the trip in and out, and kept a pace that didn't push him too much, although he did cover an awful lot of ground for one day.
>Fairly tired, although this is less from physical exertion than simply the weariness of being on the road for the majority of the day. You could stay up a little while yet if you had things you wanted to attend to.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #853 on: June 17, 2011, 04:05:18 AM »
>now that it comes to mind. See if Shimmer anywhere near by to ask about if she seen anything at night. Could give a lead on the cows
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."

« Reply #854 on: June 17, 2011, 04:15:52 AM »
>now that it comes to mind. See if Shimmer anywhere near by to ask about if she seen anything at night. Could give a lead on the cows

>Scanning about, you don't see her distinctive trail in the sky. However, you did see her fly back in the direction of the tree she was in early; you might be able to find her if you went back and looked around.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #855 on: June 17, 2011, 04:18:21 AM »
>where not that tired yet and this could save some time tomorrow.
>head on over to look for Shimmer.

« Reply #856 on: June 17, 2011, 04:40:56 AM »
>where not that tired yet and this could save some time tomorrow.
>head on over to look for Shimmer.

>You head back down the road towards where you parted ways with Shimmer. You don't see her among the tree she flew out of the first time, although the foliage makes it hard to tell for sure. As you move past it to the next tree, you hear her voice call out to you.
>"Hey! You're not leaving again already, are ya? You better not be."

« Reply #857 on: June 17, 2011, 04:46:39 AM »
>Give a mouse a break....
>"Hardly that. Like I said before, I came here to solve a problem, and I was wondering if you could help me with that."
>Fill her in about the missing cows.
>"You're out here most nights. Have you seen anything weird? Anything that might point me in the right direction?"

« Reply #858 on: June 17, 2011, 04:58:47 AM »
>Give a mouse a break....
>"Hardly that. Like I said before, I came here to solve a problem, and I was wondering if you could help me with that."
>Fill her in about the missing cows.
>"You're out here most nights. Have you seen anything weird? Anything that might point me in the right direction?"

>So many people leaping to the wrong conclusions today...
>"Oh, uh... maybe?" She tilts her head to the side.
>You explain about the missing cows in basic terms. Shimmer looks somewhat befuddled by the time you finish.
>"The cows are all waaay over there," she says, pointing to the north. "I'm down here. It's better over here; Ichi bakes cookies."
>"I didn't see any of 'em wander off down this way, if that's what you mean," she adds.

« Reply #859 on: June 17, 2011, 05:25:28 AM »
>Well, suppose we DID ask for a 'right direction'. 'Not this way' probably qualifies for a fairy.
>"Yes, cookies make everything better."
>"That does help, though. Thanks, Shimmer."
>To our room, then, to face our tasks tomorrow rested.

« Reply #860 on: June 17, 2011, 05:36:14 AM »
>Well, suppose we DID ask for a 'right direction'. 'Not this way' probably qualifies for a fairy.
>"Yes, cookies make everything better."
>"That does help, though. Thanks, Shimmer."
>To our room, then, to face our tasks tomorrow rested.

>You've heard worse answers from fairies...
>"Couldn't make that hole in the roof better," she says, then adds in a muttered voice "Wouldn't make grumpy-face better, either. Bet he thinks he's too good for cookies."
>"Sure thing!" she calls out.
>You make your way back to Ichirin's, deciding to call it a night. As you walk away, you hear Shimmer muttering on about grumpy-face and how someone ought to throw stale cookies at him.
>You enter the orphanage, then creep down the hallway to your room. It is as you left it this morning, except with bed tidied and made.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #861 on: June 17, 2011, 05:46:58 AM »
>Smile noticing the bed. Its the little things Ichirin did that you never really notice till you left.
> Crawl into bed and get ourselves some rest, hopefully tomorrow be easier, ha.

« Reply #862 on: June 17, 2011, 06:15:25 AM »
>Smile noticing the bed. Its the little things Ichirin did that you never really notice till you left.
> Crawl into bed and get ourselves some rest, hopefully tomorrow be easier, ha.

>You smile despite yourself. It's the little touches, sometimes...
>You crawl into bed, hoping at least for less traveling than yesterday. More than twelve hours on the road in a day can really take it out of someone... Sleep comes easily enough this time; for better or worse there are no trails of light in the night sky, nor restless thoughts mulling about in your mind. All in all, you think you did pretty well for yourself today. You sink into the sheets and allow yourself some well-earned rest.

>You awaken to the sounds of an active household. Glancing outside, it seems to be a couple hours past dawn. You've slept soundly and feel all the better for the extra hours you've caught today.

« Reply #863 on: June 17, 2011, 06:31:31 AM »
>Recall any dreams we had involving Honey, Marissa, melted cheese, or any combination of the three.
>Ahh, the sounds of bustle. That's more like it around here.
>Rise and sniff the air, see if we can detect the scent of breakfast.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #864 on: June 17, 2011, 06:48:51 AM »
>also dreams about cheese castles.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #865 on: June 17, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »
Having considered the Jirou situation carefully, I have come to a conclusion.

First we must assess what he did to Ichirin. Then, should the offense be grave enough, we shall owe him a visit to his house under the auspices of him being the number one suspect in the missing cows case (he knows how to get to Easthaven, and travels.), and publically bitch him out in front of his family and/or friends, and demand he get his stupid hat on and go apologize for Ichirin immediately for taking out his beef with us on her. Should he refuse, we roll him like a mook.

In this regard, we may wanna look into a good blunt instrument.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #866 on: June 17, 2011, 02:24:23 PM »
Purvis you make it seem like he wasnt just yelling at Ichirin for housing a 'thief' or something. As much as I would love to see Naz steamroll a random dude, We should at least know what he did first.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #867 on: June 17, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »
It's a good thing I said that was step one, then!

« Reply #868 on: June 17, 2011, 07:14:32 PM »
>Recall any dreams we had involving Honey, Marissa, melted cheese, or any combination of the three.

>If you were to admit this, even to yourself, Marisa would never let you live it down. And she'd just KNOW somehow, dammit!

>also dreams about cheese castles.

>Let's just say that while melted cheese makes an excellent burger, it makes a rather less impressive building material. By the end, you had dominion over less of a cheese castle, and more of a large cheese mound.

>Ahh, the sounds of bustle. That's more like it around here.
>Rise and sniff the air, see if we can detect the scent of breakfast.

>It certainly brings back memories... The place was always pretty busy when you lived here.
>You get out of bed and have a sniff. You can definitely detect the scent of breakfast. In fact, you suspect it's multiple people's breakfasts. There's eggs, toast, fried ham, something with cinnamon...

« Reply #869 on: June 17, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »
>Get a move on down to the kitchen, then, 'fore it all dissapears.