Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55237 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #900 on: June 18, 2011, 05:19:43 AM »
>"Yeah. What did he say to you?"

>She is silent for another moment, then fixes you with a steady gaze. "Nazrin, is it true that you located Isato's goods and then and sold them in Braston without his knowledge or consent?"

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #901 on: June 18, 2011, 06:02:43 AM »
>proceed to in detail explain exactly what happened yesterday from leaving here, to finishing the job. Cirno, that the horses where waiting at the city. That and show the copy of paper work to Ichirin. Be plain to her about it, even if we tried to 'bend the truth' she probably suspect something.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #902 on: June 18, 2011, 06:39:11 AM »
>proceed to in detail explain exactly what happened yesterday from leaving here, to finishing the job. Cirno, that the horses where waiting at the city. That and show the copy of paper work to Ichirin. Be plain to her about it, even if we tried to 'bend the truth' she probably suspect something.

>You decide to plainly explain the sequence of events of yesterday. You tell Ichirin where you discovered the cart and how Cirno admitted to having taken it from Isato after driving away, as well as her purported reasons for doing so. Then you explain the details of the job you'd taken from the Melon Bowl, and how you felt that it was necessary to take the fruit directly there in order to fulfill your client's requests fully - it was simply a matter of expedient logistics. Finally, you tell her that Isato's cart and horses were left in the care of the Melon Bowl's proprietor, and that you've left the matter of settling payment up to Isato, once he can get into the city. Ichirin says little while you talk, simply acknowledging your statements. Her expression remains serious, though not directly scolding. Still that alone is enough to make part of you feel surprisingly uncomfortable.  You take out the job completion form to show her.
>"I believe you at your word, Nazrin," she says, before you've even given them to her. "You don't need to show me signatures."
>She pauses and lets out a deep breath. "I'm sure you meant no harm, but that fruit was neither yours nor the Melon Bowl's at the time you found it. What's more, you didn't even get a single guilder for them. We can both hope that the owner is true to her word and pays Isato when he gets there, but you essentially gave away someone else's property to a stranger. If you'd been considering taking it directly to Braston, why didn't you ask Isato when you spoke with him last night? He might well have been glad for you to do it."

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #903 on: June 18, 2011, 06:58:54 AM »
>"well that's a bit of an issue."
>Try are best to explain how cirno was reacting to everything. How she would have probably tried to beat on us, again, if we insisted on bring things back to Isato. How basically the only way we even managed to get her to give up it at all, was to convince her she was acting like a hero by bring it to the melon bowl.
>"She set her mind to that Isato was  villain and that everything she taken from him was hers now.... and i don't think i could changed her mind if i had a week."
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."

« Reply #904 on: June 18, 2011, 07:05:25 AM »
>"well that's a bit of an issue."
>Try are best to explain how cirno was reacting to everything. How she would have probably tried to beat on us, again, if we insisted on bring things back to Isato. How basically the only way we even managed to get her to give up it at all, was to convince her she was acting like a hero by bring it to the melon bowl.
>"She set her mind to that Isato was  villain and that everything she taken from him was hers now.... and i don't think i could changed her mind if i had a week."

>"Then are you saying that if she hadn't been so stubborn, you would have returned here with Isato's goods first?"

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #905 on: June 18, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »
i certainly hope you guys at least considered what i am saying. otherwise i guess i do look at things differently.

>"Yes. I mean... apart from just letting Isato be at ease, and that he and cirno didn't match stories.... which still bugs me. He would been able to come up and got to deal with everything earlier to. His cart and horses been back faster and all his business at the bowl would been done to, instead now where... i got tell him everything and probably check that everything worked out fine when i return to Braston."
>"Probably would been able to stay here had gotten to working on cattle the job faster to..."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #906 on: June 18, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
>make a note to ask Isato how much his fruit would cost normally.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #907 on: June 18, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »
Actaully, we probably wouldn't, due to time limitations.

>"There's a problem with Jirou's logic: the deal was made in advance. This wasn't just some thing a did on a whim like he's acting, it was just fulfilling what had already been agreed on. If the Melon Bowl refuses to pay, that's a breach of contract."
>"And more importantly, why was he giving you a hard time for what I did, rather than meeting me face to face? Who does he think he is?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:47:47 PM by It's Purvis! »

« Reply #908 on: June 18, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »
>"Yes. I mean... apart from just letting Isato be at ease, and that he and cirno didn't match stories.... which still bugs me. He would been able to come up and got to deal with everything earlier to. His cart and horses been back faster and all his business at the bowl would been done to, instead now where... i got tell him everything and probably check that everything worked out fine when i return to Braston."
>"Probably would been able to stay here had gotten to working on cattle the job faster to..."

>Ichirin's gaze doesn't waver. "Of course, this would have meant accepting that Isato mightn't make the delivery on time, giving up your bonus and your chance to impress your client, yes?"

>make a note to ask Isato how much his fruit would cost normally.

>You make a mental note.

>"There's a problem with Jirou's logic, the deal was made in advance. This wasn't just some thing a did on a whim like he's acting, it was just fulfilling what had already been agreed on. If the Melon Bowl refuses to pay, that's a breach of contract."
>"And more importantly, why was he giving you a hard time for what I did, rather than meeting me face to face? Who does he think he is?"

>"That... may be true," she says.
>Ichirin sighs again. "He didn't give me a hard time... as such. He wanted to verify your story, particularly after Isato told him he had no idea you were delivering the fruit to Braston on your own."
>She pauses for a moment. "I know he can seem abrasive, but he's only trying to make sure that no one here gets robbed and that matters are handled properly. In his way. Try not to hold that against him, if you can." She shakes her head. "Though I imagine he'll be even less happy now that you don't have any money to show for it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #909 on: June 18, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »
>"Not as unhappy as I am that he came to bother you, I assure you. But I'll leave him be, if he leaves me be. But who is he, anyways? Aside from a busybody."

« Reply #910 on: June 18, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »
>"Not as unhappy as I am that he came to bother you, I assure you. But I'll leave him be, if he leaves me be. But who is he, anyways? Aside from a busybody."

>"He owns one of the larger farms around here," she says. "And taught a lot of younger people the ropes over the years. He was on the village council for a long time, too. I don't think he's let the fact that he's officially retired slow him down very much. Although, um... opinions of him were always mixed." She frowns slightly. "I imagine you can understand why."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #911 on: June 18, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »
>"Has he lost any cows?"

« Reply #912 on: June 18, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
>"Has he lost any cows?"

>"Two, I believe. I can double-check, if you'd like."

« Reply #913 on: June 18, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »
>"You'll forgive me if I'm not in any great hurry to speak with him again about now."
>"Look, Ichirin, for what it's worth, I never thought he'd get you involved. Whatever I did or didn't do, that's on me, and I'm sorry you had to deal with this."

« Reply #914 on: June 18, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »
>"You'll forgive me if I'm not in any great hurry to speak with him again about now."
>"Look, Ichirin, for what it's worth, I never thought he'd get you involved. Whatever I did or didn't do, that's on me, and I'm sorry you had to deal with this."

>Ichirin just frowns at you, though you think it may be one of concern more than anything else
>"I appreciate the sentiment," she says, "but you don't have to worry about that. I'm capable of dealing with much worse than Jirou. I told him what you'd told me at that point, said that you had my full confidence, and sent him on his way. You needn't be concerned about what he thinks, either. Jirou holds firm to his own opinions, some of them... more kind than others. In all this, the one I think deserves the most thought is Isato. It was his property, after all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #915 on: June 18, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
>"I was planning to tell him first thing, don't worry."

« Reply #916 on: June 18, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »
>"I was planning to tell him first thing, don't worry."

>Ichirin nods. "And... perhaps it's not my place to say this now, but if something like this comes up again, maybe you should inform the people involved of this possibility before, rather than after the fact."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #917 on: June 18, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »
>"It was implied to begin with, from my understanding of the contract. But I understand what you mean."
>Not to mention he should be delighted we took it rather than letting it spend an extra half day rotting in the sun...

« Reply #918 on: June 18, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »
>"It was implied to begin with, from my understanding of the contract. But I understand what you mean."
>Not to mention he should be delighted we took it rather than letting it spend an extra half day rotting in the sun...

>She nods again. "Then I think that's enough said on the subject. Oh, and just in case you think otherwise..." She smiles. "I think you did a fine job. Who knows if Isato would ever have been able to find that again on his own."
>That is also a valid point.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #919 on: June 18, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »
>Ha! Mom said we're cool!
>"Thanks Ichirin. I appreciate it, after hearing Jirou trying to drag my name through the mud."

« Reply #920 on: June 18, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »
>Ha! Mom said we're cool!
>"Thanks Ichirin. I appreciate it, after hearing Jirou trying to drag my name through the mud."

>Yay!
>"Oh, don't worry about what he thinks," she says. "I certainly won't."
>"So... what are your plans for the day? Assuming you have any at this point, of course."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #921 on: June 18, 2011, 11:41:47 PM »
>"I suppose I need to figure out how to get to the bottom of this cattle issue, after I let Isato know the final report."

« Reply #922 on: June 18, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »
>"I suppose I need to figure out how to get to the bottom of this cattle issue, after I let Isato know the final report."

>Ichirin nods. "Any ideas on that?"
>"Oh," she adds, "I don't know if this is a good or bad thing from the point of view of tracking them down, but I didn't hear of any more disappearing yesterday while you were gone."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #923 on: June 18, 2011, 11:57:34 PM »
>"Nothing that you probably haven't tried. Most likely, I'll just have to keep watch at night and hope for something. Maybe I'll have a look around the most recent case, and see if I can turn up something."

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #924 on: June 19, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
"however. every bit info helps. Get enough little bits and we should get the bigger picture."

« Reply #925 on: June 19, 2011, 12:33:08 AM »
>"Nothing that you probably haven't tried. Most likely, I'll just have to keep watch at night and hope for something. Maybe I'll have a look around the most recent case, and see if I can turn up something."

>Ichrin nods again. "The last one I heard of belonged to Takashi, I think. But he shares the same pasture land with quite a few of the others."

>"however. every bit info helps. Get enough little bits and we should get the bigger picture."

>"I have faith that you'll figure something out," she says. "I wish I had more to contribute."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #926 on: June 19, 2011, 02:06:21 AM »
>"Not as much as I wish I had something to contribute. Anyways, I'll go visit Isato now, before he gets too busy."
>Unless we've not really gotten cleaned up and such yet. If that's that case, add "after I get ready," and go do that first.

« Reply #927 on: June 19, 2011, 02:40:55 AM »
>"Not as much as I wish I had something to contribute. Anyways, I'll go visit Isato now, before he gets too busy."
>Unless we've not really gotten cleaned up and such yet. If that's that case, add "after I get ready," and go do that first.

>"Of course," she says.
>You basically went straight to the kitchen after you woke up. You excuse yourself and take a few minutes to get cleaned up for the day, and then leave and walk towards Isato's.
>It is a bright and clear morning outside, much nicer than yesterday's, and the village is lively - or at least as lively as Easthaven ever gets, anyway. You work your way towards the village center and then past it; a few people say hello as you walk by and you return their greetings politely. Soon enough, you arrive at Isato's house.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #928 on: June 19, 2011, 02:54:06 AM »
>Look around. Any sign of him outside?

« Reply #929 on: June 19, 2011, 02:58:42 AM »
>Look around. Any sign of him outside?

>You don't see any obvious sign of him outside at the moment.