Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148363 times)

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #630 on: June 04, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Captured Lost Soul's VIllage -Tracking Path- on my second attempt ever, and may already have Youmu's Stage 6 opener down (honestly doesn't feel any worse than her Normal opener).

Still have a long long ways to go before a 1cc, but Hard isn't as horrifying as I thought it would be. Only about half of Yuyuko's attacks feel different, and the rest (excluding lolstream) I suck at on any difficulty so it doesn't matter. :V

Still hate Stage 5 though.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #631 on: June 04, 2011, 09:32:40 PM »
Still hate Stage 5 though.

Don't worry. I hate that stage too.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #632 on: June 04, 2011, 11:26:16 PM »
Phantasm Romance Another Mode, Remilia reached (attached).

Well, it's progress. First time perfecting the first three stages in a row, so I gave Yukari a try. Still not "economical" at this point, but I have to admit, a good deal of her attacks are badass. Same with Sakuya, though oddly I'm missing the track for her boss fight. Gotta fix that.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #633 on: June 05, 2011, 04:38:45 AM »
Every time the words "Resurrection Butterfly" appear on the screen, I know I've won!
PCB Extra unlocked with all characters!

TMiles

• Let's party!
« Reply #634 on: June 05, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14075

1cc Hard MoF with Marisa C (because Marisa C rapes stage 3,5 and 6,)

« Reply #635 on: June 05, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
I got the 1 billion+ score with Reimu A on MoF Normal! This feeling is what I like about touhou, even if it might make me play worse  :V
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #636 on: June 05, 2011, 09:12:21 PM »
I got the 1 billion+ score with Reimu A on MoF Normal! This feeling is what I like about touhou, even if it might make me play worse  :V

Its been a long while since last I played MoF but iirc my hi-score is like around some 900m so... good job. You score well at the most skill based score system in all of Touhou.  :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #637 on: June 05, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
I got past midboss Ichirin on Lunatic!

Oh god what are these next fairies doing
speeewn
Give up and retry?
Yes Yes ye
>No No No

(I'm taking UFO Lunatic seriously now. Even though I just managed UFO Hard.)

Udongein

« Reply #638 on: June 05, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »
MoF Hard 1cc
My first hard 1cc of any game...it was pretty easy, this was my second or third try because of severe lag during Hina's first two spellcards.
Maybe I should drop down from Lunatic and clear everything on Hard first. :V

« Reply #639 on: June 05, 2011, 10:11:20 PM »
Congrats on the MoF Hard 1cc you guys, I found that pretty tough. I'm certain both of you could 1cc PCB and IN on Hard if you wanted now!

Its been a long while since last I played MoF but iirc my hi-score is like around some 900m so... good job. You score well at the most skill based score system in all of Touhou.  :V

Ha ha, thank you! I'm not sure about MoF scoring being the most skill based though. There's almost no reason for grazing.  :wat:
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Udongein

« Reply #640 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:24 PM »
EoSD Hard 1CC.
I fought Remilia blind and almost perfected her, dying only to Scarlet Gensokyo.
:o

Replay coming in like three minutes.
EDIT: Here.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:52:01 PM by LTP »

« Reply #641 on: June 05, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »
I'm not sure about MoF scoring being the most skill based though. There's almost no reason for grazing.  :wat:

Well maybe not. But its the least retarded score system. No need to milk, heavy punishment for failure. How it should be.

« Reply #642 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:20 PM »
No need to milk,

MoF? You mean that game where you have to bomb milk everything for score? As opposed to dodge milking everything?

« Reply #643 on: June 06, 2011, 12:12:57 AM »
Bah. Doesn't happen too often and not against bosses. And no bloody graze whoring.

« Reply #644 on: June 06, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »
Not too much of a fan of MoF scoring now. And you don't bomb everything for score in MoF. You generally bomb the final nonspells of bosses and dense stage parts. You still need to safely get items over the PoC.

Now, EoSD, IN, and SA scoring. That's quality there, just not something I've practiced enough on.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #645 on: June 06, 2011, 03:01:31 AM »
I've gotten PondeSuika's new SA Stage 5 path pretty much down, and also have an understanding of the Power progression through it. This path is a hell of a lot simpler than moozooh's, but hey, I still need to make sure I know what I'm doing. :V

Also, TD's scoring system isn't too bad itself, considering what we know of it so far. I'm kinda hoping some aspect of the game's second half (read: those +30 and +50 blue spirits rumored to be in the coding) will encourage the bombs/hypers to be a bit more spread out though.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #646 on: June 06, 2011, 05:23:32 AM »
Just went and cleared SA Extra at 60FPS, ReimuA.

I feel good. I died to only Rorschach in Danmaku and Philosophy of a Hated Person, and used only three bombs (two in the stage portion).
I also pulled off a successful borderhack in the third phase of Philosophy, which is "cool, maybe I'll try this again next time" in terms of my reaction.

Also, everything felt horribly easy.

Double Edit: Went ahead and cleared it with MarisaA. Also easy, captured Genetics of the Subconscious faster than with ReimuA in my previous just now run.
Except the game crashed and it doesn't wanna admit I'm badass enough to clear with dolls...  :colonveeplusalpha:
Triple Edit: Thought I would go ahead and clear it with MarisaB... She's officially the weakest shot for Extra now. No arguing. I failed at Genetics.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:10:50 AM by Fast Fanatic »

« Reply #647 on: June 06, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »
Now, EoSD, IN, and SA scoring. That's quality there, just not something I've practiced enough on.

IN Scoring isn't bad no. Sure it got that, gotta graze on every fucking boring attack the first stages have to offer nature and the idea of grazing also invites more undue memorization as to optimize your scoring unlike MoF that is simply, raise your faith gauge and don't let it drop, capture spellcards and point items and don't die. But IN's still a good system. It awards succesful survival play pretty well with room to improve for those who like to prolong the boring opening stages as you time out everything only to mess up something afterwards and go through it all again.

PCB's ain't bad either. That one penalizes bombs which is a good thing. Just too bad that the game is so slow paced that slowdown is likely to cause the bullets to move backwards. SA though... suiciding and bombing for score? Not saying there isn't any skill involved but damn. I would love to see how well people could score in that game if they weren't allowed to bomb. Its basically like the IN score system but with an added layer of stupid on top of it.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #648 on: June 06, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »
IN Scoring isn't bad no. Sure it got that, gotta graze on every fucking boring attack the first stages have to offer nature and the idea of grazing also invites more undue memorization as to optimize your scoring unlike MoF that is simply, raise your faith gauge and don't let it drop, capture spellcards and point items and don't die. But IN's still a good system. It awards succesful survival play pretty well with room to improve for those who like to prolong the boring opening stages as you time out everything only to mess up something afterwards and go through it all again.

PCB's ain't bad either. That one penalizes bombs which is a good thing. Just too bad that the game is so slow paced that slowdown is likely to cause the bullets to move backwards. SA though... suiciding and bombing for score? Not saying there isn't any skill involved but damn. I would love to see how well people could score in that game if they weren't allowed to bomb. Its basically like the IN score system but with an added layer of stupid on top of it.

To be fair, IN's system also rewards unfocused firing before the grazing.
Well, rewards this if you're Youmu, who can switch between sides very fast.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
Phantasm Romance Another Mode 1cc (attached).

Decided not to do Yukari since I still suck at her, and of course this depends on your definition of "1cc" (beat Mima, but lost to Shinki's final phase). I'm not sure I care that I didn't go all the way.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #650 on: June 06, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »
Ive got a pretty bad Easy score run here but after all the derp midway through, I still manage to clear and break my personal record by about 8mil. Also, Flying Fantastica captured in Normal practice on an alternate score.dat.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #651 on: June 06, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »
To be fair, IN's system also rewards unfocused firing before the grazing.
Well, rewards this if you're Youmu, who can switch between sides very fast.

I suppose it depends on the difficulty you're playing. I primarily play Lunatic mode in which I rarely have the liberty to go unfocused on things, so I'd assume that on Lunatic graze is more important because of all the bullets there are while shooting things unfocused is more important on Easy because there isn't that many bullets on the screen. Of course a mix of the two is always the best.

« Reply #652 on: June 07, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »
I suppose it depends on the difficulty you're playing. I primarily play Lunatic mode in which I rarely have the liberty to go unfocused on things, so I'd assume that on Lunatic graze is more important because of all the bullets there are while shooting things unfocused is more important on Easy because there isn't that many bullets on the screen. Of course a mix of the two is always the best.
Mm, yeah.  I always get confused when you talk about how awful the graze farming is in IN because I usually only score on Easy for it, where there's only a few cards that are really worth grazing (Reimu midboss for example), and most of those aren't even worth it unless you've practiced the hell out of them (Keine midboss anyone?).  It's mostly just about no-focusing unless you need to keep familiars alive for time.

Anyway, the reason I came to this topic, VoWG (Hard) capture.  After trying to perfect Kanako normal and failing several times because of her third card (which let me tell you, is complete bullshit), I messed around with slipping between amulets on Normal.  The result was that VoWG hard was stupidly easy.  The bullets felt really slow when I wasn't trying to run laps around them to avoid the walls.  VoWG Lunatic?  Maybe after I unlock stage 6 practice (read: 1cc) =p.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #653 on: June 07, 2011, 01:26:49 AM »
VoWG Lunatic?  Maybe after I unlock stage 6 practice (read: 1cc) =p.

You know you don't need to pull a 1cc for that, right?
It's how I captured VoWG with MarisaC before I even unlocked stage 5~

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #654 on: June 07, 2011, 01:29:55 AM »
I managed to capture Perfect Cherry Blossom the card (Yuyuko's second last) on Lunatic.

That leaves five cards on the list yet to be captured. Orleans Doll on Lunatic, Stradivarius, Ghost Clifford (H), Ageless Obsession L, and Kokuri-san's Contract.

« Reply #655 on: June 07, 2011, 01:32:51 AM »
You know you don't need to pull a 1cc for that, right?
It's how I captured VoWG with MarisaC before I even unlocked stage 5~
Right, forgot I could just watch replays for MoF... *is incredibly anal about not using continues*

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #657 on: June 07, 2011, 04:23:39 AM »
Not gonna lie. I just captured a Last Word card for the first time just now :V
Nice!
And then it'll snowball to you spending countless hours on Fantasy Heaven.

Edit: I finally got a replay of a MarisaA SA Extra clear!
Yayz. Genetics capture, no luck on Philosophy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:01:48 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #658 on: June 07, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
It's past 0400, and with that, I managed to clear IN Extra just now :getdown:

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #659 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
Nice!
And then it'll snowball to you spending countless hours on Fantasy Heaven.

No! Spend that time on SFN, UBS or whatever Ex-Keine's last word is called, instead. :V