Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148214 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #600 on: June 01, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
Quoted For Divine Truth. Besides, its a bullet hell game. Just work with what you have. If there is unbalanced characters its the developers fault. Not yours.

Its MoF and you can get past Stage 4. That's basically the 1cc requirements here. Go for a 1cc that scores over 750 million.  >:D
--- or just whatever suits you. If its a first then measly 300M will suffice.
Broken characters are okay?  ALRIGHT, MARISAB TIME!!  And yeah, it'll be a first, I'm nowhere near score running MoF.  I can't even perfect stage 1 most of the time =(.

« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »
Broken characters are okay?  ALRIGHT, MARISAB TIME!!  And yeah, it'll be a first, I'm nowhere near score running MoF.  I can't even perfect stage 1 most of the time =(.

I'm just messing with you a little. You can just concentrate on getting your initial 1cc. You can look at score running later.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #602 on: June 01, 2011, 11:00:48 PM »
That was indeed me but I don't see any contradiction?
I just like my shottypes powerful and simple, that's all. If it means playing with a shottype that rapes any other type in the game then that's fine by me. Its not my fault the thing's unbalanced.

"Just work with what you have?" Just clearing that up. That's what made me bring that up again.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2011, 11:18:26 PM »
Yeah? Work with what you have. As in, pick a good type instead of an awkward/bad one right?

« Reply #604 on: June 02, 2011, 01:43:15 AM »
Was working on SA extra many months back but I couldn't read Koishi's attacks at all back then.  I think the farthest I got was polygraph or something.  Gave her a random attempt today for the hell of it, SA extra clear first try (not including a couple pre-Sanae restarts).

I'm now down to Sigma, Nue, and Marisa.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:45:40 AM by Random Stage 1 Fairy »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #605 on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:28 AM »
Okay, I guess there really isn't a safer way to handle the opening without sacrificing graze points, so... vertical streaming it is.

Maybe I thought of it because I looked at some Lunatic plays and saw ginormous gaps and all.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2011, 04:38:08 AM »
For Phantasm Romance, is beating Mima the minimum requirement for a 1cc? Or do I have to finish whatever Extra I choose? I did make it into Extra 3 (replay attached), but gameovered after Alice because I don't know when shit comes up. I also chose not to do Extra 1 since Yukari keeps kicking my ass into next week.

Okay, I guess there really isn't a safer way to handle the opening without sacrificing graze points, so... vertical streaming it is.

Maybe I thought of it because I looked at some Lunatic plays and saw ginormous gaps and all.
Um, horizontal streaming?

Do it higher up if you're worried about graze, since the bullets stay close together when first shot.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #607 on: June 02, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
Okay, one push remaining for the MoF Lunatic clear, Stage 5 unlocked for Practice Mode. As I thought, clearing the game is not exactly the biggest problem - doing it while not looking like the hero of a Michael Bay movie is the tough part. Guess I'll be spending some time developing strategies for Stage 4 and 5 before I go for the clear.

Udongein

« Reply #608 on: June 02, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
FUCK YES ONE DEATH EOSD EXTRA CLEAR

I died on QED. :colonveeplusalpha:
I'll still take this, though!

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2011, 01:05:20 AM »
Congratz! :3

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2011, 01:22:28 AM »
IN Normal 1cc

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14024

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud4XFCqcFqo

Hey, congrats, and a newcom-
WOAH HEY VIDEO QUALITY
We goinga need to fix dat up.
... Well, congrats on the clear. I'll give the replay a watch eventually (if you want) and go all critique-mode (if you want).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:24:01 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2011, 01:39:28 AM »
Finally, Phantasm Romance Normal Mode Shinki beaten (attached).

Haven't touched Another Mode yet, not sure how much I'll enjoy it (really more Danmakufu's fault than the patterns themselves).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2011, 03:39:53 AM »
Koishi. 90FPS.

ReimuC clear!

... Fucking yes.
God damn fucking yes.
Fuck you and your noncards forever.
Fuck Genetics of the Subconscious, and Rorschach in Danmaku, and Philosophy of a Hated Person, and Subterranean Rose forever.

I beat your goddamn stage.

Replay.

« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2011, 03:49:41 AM »
Koishi. 90FPS.

ReimuC clear!
Yay, congratz~!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2011, 05:48:51 AM »
Just throwing it down now, because I'm going to go back to GFW again! Route B-2 Normal clear!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2011, 02:06:59 PM »
FINALLY, FREAKING FINALLY.

SA Normal, you have been conquered by Marisa.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »
SA Hard clear ! \o/

Ended with two lives +4/5, captured almost all Utsujo's spells. =) The Slowdown sucks nevertheless, but with this computer I won't get anything better. >>
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
Hey, congrats, and a newcom-
WOAH HEY VIDEO QUALITY
We goinga need to fix dat up.
... Well, congrats on the clear. I'll give the replay a watch eventually (if you want) and go all critique-mode (if you want).

Yeah, The quality is low because I'm not a fan of waiting for hours to get a video upload. Also, critique and such is welcome.

I did try with 3 lives at the start and probably did a good bit better most of the way, except I game over'd during Kaguya's Rainbow Danmaku.

PS: I do have other replays uploaded if you guys want to check them out. :3
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #621 on: June 03, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »
PS: I do have other replays uploaded if you guys want to check them out. :3

I could check one out for you.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #623 on: June 03, 2011, 08:25:07 PM »
I appreciate the fact that you play on difficulties beyond your level but I don't appreciate you starting with 7 lives. Play with default lives next time. Playing with default lives will make you better prepared to handle the other games in this series as IN is the only game that gives you that many lives.

Also. Don't be unfocused all the time. You don't do anything near optimal amount of damage while playing like that and I think it claims your life much more than it would need to. Use focus during boss fights at all times!

My advice can be summed up like this;

- Keep playing Normal mode - that's good for you. I also see on the replay page that you have attempted a bit of Lunatic. That's nice. Keep that up and you'll eventually start to see some improvement.
- Don't use anything but default lives. It will spoil you with a ridiculous amount of resources that no other game in this series is going to give you, let alone other shmups out there.
- Use spell practice and practice mode. A lot of the problems I saw in this run could be solved with some more practice.
- Try attempting really challenging spells in Spell Practice. Something really beyond your level. It might take a ridiculous amount of attempts to pull them off but you will really learn some dodging from all the grinding. Good recommendations are Mystias Card 21 and Asteroid Belt.

You will get better with time. The important thing is to never give up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:58:54 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #624 on: June 03, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »
No bomb MoF Normal! This isn't exactly the hardest thing to do, for sure, but... it's funny how I got a perfect Stage 6 when my capture rate on Kanako's third card was like 1/50 and Source of Rain 0/50. Also perfect Aki, Hina, Nitori, wolf tengu, and boss Sanae (failed midboss non-spell). I died a million times on Aya.

With this I have captured every MoF Normal spell card!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:56:56 PM by 633IDK »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #625 on: June 03, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »
I was about to say something about Momiji being harder than Aya, and then I realized Aya uses Peerless Wind God on Normal and higher  :ohdear:

« Reply #626 on: June 03, 2011, 11:32:23 PM »
Normal Momiji is a pushover once you've tried her on Lunatic. Aya's first spell gives me the most trouble... I used to resort to pseudo-safespot it before, but it's hopeless when you have a shot-type that doesn't work when sitting in a corner.

-edit- Yet another PWG capture!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:56:14 PM by 633IDK »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #627 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:42 PM »
I appreciate the fact that you play on difficulties beyond your level but I don't appreciate you starting with 7 lives. Play with default lives next time. Playing with default lives will make you better prepared to handle the other games in this series as IN is the only game that gives you that many lives.

Also. Don't be unfocused all the time. You don't do anything near optimal amount of damage while playing like that and I think it claims your life much more than it would need to. Use focus during boss fights at all times!

My advice can be summed up like this;

- Keep playing Normal mode - that's good for you. I also see on the replay page that you have attempted a bit of Lunatic. That's nice. Keep that up and you'll eventually start to see some improvement.
- Don't use anything but default lives. It will spoil you with a ridiculous amount of resources that no other game in this series is going to give you, let alone other shmups out there.
- Use spell practice and practice mode. A lot of the problems I saw in this run could be solved with some more practice.
- Try attempting really challenging spells in Spell Practice. Something really beyond your level. It might take a ridiculous amount of attempts to pull them off but you will really learn some dodging from all the grinding. Good recommendations are Mystias Card 21 and Asteroid Belt.

You will get better with time. The important thing is to never give up.

Thanks a lot. I'll do what I can. ^^b
My Touhou Replays

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #628 on: June 04, 2011, 06:52:19 AM »
UFO lunatic 1cc the...seventh I think? Bah, it's to the point where I can stop counting. :V Still, it was quite a close run, so I'm proud of it, despite some...unsavory deaths. Funny how I can often manage Byakuren with only one life in a full run.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #629 on: June 04, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
You people and your skills and my lack thereof. Yeesh! I've been playing for more than 4 years and I'm still catching up. Anyway:

"Oh boy! Power's finally back on 54 hours after the tornadoes hit! I'll play SA since I haven't played that in months with ReimuB for yuks. Oops. I beat it and captured Hell's Artificial Sun even though I've never done that before."

Oops? Oops?! If I'm gonna oops, it's supposed to be the bad oops!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16