Author Topic: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 80134 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #780 on: August 04, 2010, 01:09:02 AM »
> When Reimu's not looking, check chest for usual growths.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #781 on: August 04, 2010, 01:28:27 AM »
>"Thanks so much, again."
>"While I'm at it, though, I don't suppose you have any idea where I could find a geode? Or a cave with high quality bloodmoss, for that matter?"

>"Is a geode some magician thing? And, I guess if you're looking for a cave, you're looking for underground."

>"That doesn't surprise me. She's from the outside world, too, and I get the feeling she might have ended up here, too. If you do see or hear about her, let me know. Or have any ideas where it might be good to look for her, after I've visited Komachi."
>"For the future, is there anything you'd recommend for trying to talk with that 'Yukari' person? It sounds like I may want to speak with her eventually, but I'm not sure how to prepare for that."
>Make sure we have Byakuren's branch.

>"Well, not around here, I guess. As for Komachi, I guess you don't have to get right on that immediately, if you have other important things to do. Just get it done sometime today."
>"Okay. First off, be nice. And be ready for her to act weird. Especially with you. And, uh, don't be surprised if she doesn't keep her hands to herself. Or says weird things. She can be like that."
>You make sure to claim all of your former items from your Purple Dress before Reimu takes it.

> When Reimu's not looking, check chest for usual growths.

>They're still there. Maybe not in Utsuho's league, but you've at least got Renko beat.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #782 on: August 04, 2010, 01:32:58 AM »
>"Do you think there might be a reason I look like Yukari?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #783 on: August 04, 2010, 01:38:33 AM »
>"Do you think there might be a reason I look like Yukari?"

>"Heaven hates me, maybe?" she says, shrugging.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #784 on: August 04, 2010, 01:43:09 AM »
>"But if she's the only one that can get through the barrier, and you think I might have some sort of youkai ancestry..."
>Did any of our maternal (grand)parents vanish mysteriously or get adopted from unknown parents?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #785 on: August 04, 2010, 01:44:23 AM »
> "Oh, don't be like that. If Heaven hates anyone, it's me, dropping me in here, someplace I don't know, with magical people that could kill me without breaking a sweat, and breaking me apart from my friend, and leaving me with memories that apparently might not have even happened, and..."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #786 on: August 04, 2010, 01:49:26 AM »
>"But if she's the only one that can get through the barrier, and you think I might have some sort of youkai ancestry..."
>Did any of our maternal (grand)parents vanish mysteriously or get adopted from unknown parents?

>She shrugs.
>Actually, your family has kind of a history of bad marriages and relationships, now that you consider it. There's a couple of biological relatives you never had a chance to meet. Not to mention the trouble with half your family not being from your home country...

> "Oh, don't be like that. If Heaven hates anyone, it's me, dropping me in here, someplace I don't know, with magical people that could kill me without breaking a sweat, and breaking me apart from my friend, and leaving me with memories that apparently might not have even happened, and..."

>"Oh, memories?" says Reimu. "You mean that dream? Wasn't that weird stuff? I thought it was an incident at first, but since it's not happened again, I guess it was just some thing."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #787 on: August 04, 2010, 01:52:45 AM »
>"Incident?"
>"Keine wasn't entirely sure how much of that actually happened... and I don't remember it very clearly myself. It might have been worthwhile for me in the end to arrive here and see the wonders, but..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #788 on: August 04, 2010, 02:07:04 AM »
>"Incident?"
>"Keine wasn't entirely sure how much of that actually happened... and I don't remember it very clearly myself. It might have been worthwhile for me in the end to arrive here and see the wonders, but..."

>She nods. "A problem I have to go solve."
>"No use worrying about it, I suppose," says Reimu.

>_

« Reply #789 on: August 04, 2010, 02:10:17 AM »
>"Which direction is the Forest of Magic from here, anyway? There's a couple things on my list of stuff to-do, there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #790 on: August 04, 2010, 02:15:01 AM »
>"Which direction is the Forest of Magic from here, anyway? There's a couple things on my list of stuff to-do, there."

>"It's to the south," says Reimu. "If you came from the Underground, you almost had to go through it."

>_

« Reply #791 on: August 04, 2010, 02:19:23 AM »
>"Oh, maybe I did go through it already? Is that where Mystia lives?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #792 on: August 04, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »
>"Oh, maybe I did go through it already? Is that where Mystia lives?"

>She nods. "That's the one."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #793 on: August 04, 2010, 02:20:55 AM »
> "So you vaguely remember the dream too? You're another one, then. I really wonder what was up with that."
> Quick refresher: how much do we know about this apparent mass common dream phenomenon?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #794 on: August 04, 2010, 02:23:55 AM »
>"Does that half-youkai shopkeeper also live in the Forest of Magic, or a different one? Do... you think I should try to find out whether I have any youkai blood?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #795 on: August 04, 2010, 02:28:43 AM »
> "So you vaguely remember the dream too? You're another one, then. I really wonder what was up with that."
> Quick refresher: how much do we know about this apparent mass common dream phenomenon?

>"I figured it was Koishi screwing around, myself," says Reimu.
>You're pretty sure it's what most of the residents of Gensokyo recall from the time that it was part of the outside world. You're not sure why they, or you, can't remember too clearly. Parsee seems to have escaped it, and Satori has said Utsuho did as well. The world at large seems to have written it off as a shared dream. You don't know if anyone has really taken it seriously.

>"Does that half-youkai shopkeeper also live in the Forest of Magic, or a different one? Do... you think I should try to find out whether I have any youkai blood?"

>"Yeah. Just follow the road. And, really it's not important. Whether you're talented because of youkai blood or just luck of the draw, it wouldn't change much."

>_

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #796 on: August 04, 2010, 02:30:59 AM »
>"Alright. Er... who's Koishi?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #797 on: August 04, 2010, 02:33:50 AM »
>"Alright. Er... who's Koishi?"

>"Satori's sister," says Reimu. "She's weird. Also the black sheep of the family."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #798 on: August 04, 2010, 02:35:01 AM »
>"How would she be able to do something like that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #799 on: August 04, 2010, 02:40:05 AM »
>"How would she be able to do something like that?"

>"She's Satori's sister," says Reimu, "She does weird mind stuff. Mostly messing with the things you don't think about."

>_

« Reply #800 on: August 04, 2010, 02:41:32 AM »
>"That sounds a little... disturbing. You don't sound that concerned, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #801 on: August 04, 2010, 02:50:54 AM »
>"That sounds a little... disturbing. You don't sound that concerned, though."

>"She hides most of the time. Like I said, she's weird. If she acts up, I can deal with her. Or Marisa can."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #802 on: August 04, 2010, 02:55:35 AM »
>"What's Marisa like? Byakuren mentioned her, as well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #803 on: August 04, 2010, 02:59:27 AM »
>"What's Marisa like? Byakuren mentioned her, as well."

>"Beefy," says Reimu. "Kinda impulsive. Really open-minded. She's a good friend and a good rival; always has been.  I'd trust her with my life. Not very subtle, though. She's also got her mischievous moments, and can be kinda lazy. Oh, and plays the burglar from time to time, though Patchouli has mostly broken her out of that."

>_

« Reply #804 on: August 04, 2010, 03:03:28 AM »
>"Ah, I see. She doesn't sound so bad. She's on my list of people to talk to when I'm around that area."

>"Any last words of wisdom, or such, before I head off?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #805 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:47 AM »
>Wonder whether it would be a good idea to joke about Reimu being able to tease Yukari by saying she'd seen her granddaughter naked.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #806 on: August 04, 2010, 03:14:44 AM »
>"Ah, I see. She doesn't sound so bad. She's on my list of people to talk to when I'm around that area."

>"Any last words of wisdom, or such, before I head off?"

>"Oh, Yukari as a shikigami named Ran. You'll see her from a mile off, Fox youkai with nine tails. She's usually pretty level-headed, but she'll rat you out to Yukari for sure. Ran has a shikigami of her own, a little cat youkai named Chen. Chen's a little kid, pretty much. You might persuade her to keep a secret."

>Wonder whether it would be a good idea to joke about Reimu being able to tease Yukari by saying she'd seen her granddaughter naked.

>You have no idea if this would be a good idea.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #807 on: August 04, 2010, 03:18:39 AM »
>"How should I try to explain myself to Ran, if it comes to that?"
>"And... I think Keine mentioned that Chen was outside at the school earlier today... she must have been in the playground. I THOUGHT I saw someone with animal features there..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #808 on: August 04, 2010, 03:29:04 AM »
>"How should I try to explain myself to Ran, if it comes to that?"
>"And... I think Keine mentioned that Chen was outside at the school earlier today... she must have been in the playground. I THOUGHT I saw someone with animal features there..."

>She shrugs. "Ran's pretty reasonable, but she will tell Yukari. At best, maybe you can get her to do it on your terms. But yeah, if she sees you, Yukari will know. And then...well, who knows?"
>"Sounds like Chen."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #809 on: August 04, 2010, 03:32:14 AM »
>"Hopefully Chen didn't notice me, then. Or Keine managed to sway her. Well, no matter. I'll just have to look out for it."
>"Thanks again, Reimu."
>Consider making another border-barrier for practice.
>Quests. What's a good next destination?