Author Topic: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)  (Read 157665 times)

Formless God

Re: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2010, 12:46:23 PM »
Did BoWaP and Seven Colored Turtles in an Internet cafe. Judging from people's reactions ... I think they all wet their pants :V

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
She's like half a frame faster then Reimu... when unfocused. The difference between Reimu and Marisa has been negligible since MoF when ZUN took out speed differences (with that incredibly minor exception); although Reimu still ends up with the most used shot types anyway, soooo...
I just tried Marisa in UFO. You're wrong, she moves like a fighter jet. Normally (using Reimu) I get 1 worthy run out of 2-3 restarts. I restarted 15 times with Marisa before getting at the end of stage 1 and clipping twice on nazrin's diamonds again because of her crazy speed. I didn't even try Kogasa midboss.

« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2010, 04:04:24 PM »
EoSD Hard 1cc. Had some deaths with bombs, so I could have possibly had more resources left. Scarlet Gensokyo was at 26 seconds left on the timer when it finally went down. No replay for now since Gensokyo.org is still down.

Edit: And yes, I hate ReimuA, I only did it for Patchouli, and I still mostly failed at that fight.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:06:05 PM by Enigma »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2010, 07:32:37 PM »
She's like half a frame faster then Reimu... when unfocused.
You're wrong, she moves like a fighter jet.
No, this is actually correct based on the data gathered. Marisa moves exactly half a pixel faster per frame. Comparing the two values, that's 11.1.% faster. Did you also take into account the slightly larger hitbox as well?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »
I just tried Marisa in UFO. You're wrong, she moves like a fighter jet. Normally (using Reimu) I get 1 worthy run out of 2-3 restarts. I restarted 15 times with Marisa before getting at the end of stage 1 and clipping twice on nazrin's diamonds again because of her crazy speed. I didn't even try Kogasa midboss.

Marisa's speed is (unfocused/focused, pixels/frame) 5/2. Reimu and Sanae's speed is 4.5/2. Marisa's hitbox is a circle with a diameter radius of 3.5 pixels, Sanae's is 3, Reimu's is 2. Marisa also does less damage than Reimu A against bosses. Welcome to playing like a man.

EDIT: I suck
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:52:03 PM by Naut »

Bananamatic

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »
MarisA has delicious piercing
don't rely on slowasspark to get UFOs for you and she's better than needleraymoo

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »
That half a pixel per frame you talk about still makes a huge difference to me. I just can't play decently using Marisa, end of story.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
diameter radius
Hm, interesting. Though I believe Reimu's is a bit too small. It's a belief though; I don't have any hard data to disprove it. Contrary to this belief, Supporting such strange numbers between the three would be the changing Graze Box size between the three, with a notable decrease in size for Reimu.

EDIT: There we go.

Also, forgot to link you people.
Spoiler:
Part 2 of 4 reason in description
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:56:13 PM by Baity »
<>

« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »
Oh shit, that's supposed to say radius. My bad.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #219 on: March 11, 2010, 03:06:11 AM »
EoSD Hard clear (MarisaA) with continues, finished 2/0. Didn't realize until after I exited that I could use "Print Screen" to save a picture. Next time though.

More practice is in order for that 1cc. Aside from getting used to the new patterns, I really need to stop dying with bombs in stock. Probably would help if I got the Vsync patch so I can actually do more deathbombs. :V And Stage 4 was terribad this go-around, but interestingly enough I managed to capture Lava Cromlech.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:09:44 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
Harbor Sign "Eternally Anchored Ghost Ship" Timeout

I managed to make a timeout of Murasa's 3rd card in just two tries. Its not as hard as i initially thought. I was inspired to do it when i saw Banana's video. Now i need to time out Sinkable Vortex. Maybe i should go on a quest to time out all UFO's spellcards! 8)

MarisA has delicious piercing
don't rely on slowasspark to get UFOs for you and she's better than needleraymoo

I liked to use her for extra until i found out the wonders of SanaeB. MarisaA have her disadvantages though. For example, i failed to spot a bullet in Radiant Treasure Gun because blue bullets blended in with Marisa's options.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:38:11 AM by Zengeku the Viking »

Formless God

« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
Parasol Star Memories is impossible :V
Until Baity gets to it, of course

6DNB Byakuren Lunatic. Her 2nd and 4th non-spells are such epic trainwrecks :/ And it seems my consistency for "Superhuman" has transferred completely to "Magic Milky Way".
Slightly better than last time though. This is one pretty long skill slump.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #222 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »
Until Baity gets to it, of course
Maaaaaaybe.

While I'm under the influence of a certain wine, have a 2 Death Timeout while using the shots to make things somewhat manageable.

Spoiler:
Yes, I'm learning to wall jump between the tiny gaps
. And if you're wondering, yes it's smart to use your shots like that to remove umbrellas. Otherwise you'll only be relying on Boss Movement and RNG to determine your fate; why let that just happen when you can cut your own path instead? Similar story with "Blue UFOs" actually; it becomes a lot easier to time out when you destroy them.

For the sake of clarification Timeout != No Shooting in all cases. Similarly No Shooting != Timeout.
<>

« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »
Did BoWaP and Seven Colored Turtles in an Internet cafe. Judging from people's reactions ... I think they all wet their pants :V

Understandable. Those blasted turtles literally fill the screen. BoWap just goes fast but that isn't too hard because its the same pattern every time.

Bananamatic

« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2010, 05:16:05 PM »
BoWaP is a clipfuck

out of 40 hard and lunatic attempts, captured it only once on hard

« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »
IN Lunatic 1cc. Clocked in at EXACTLY 5am, due to failing 2 of Kaguya's last spells on ZERO SECONDS.

The run wasn't very impressive so no replay for you. 25 bombs used and finished 1/0. Hourai Jewel was just resource spam; all those practice runs apparently lost in time as I failed to change direction even once without needing to bomb.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #226 on: March 11, 2010, 05:22:31 PM »
I've only ever captured BoWaP by using the safespot for scoring purposes. I could probably do it on Normal without it, but it's not worth my time until I decide to try to capture all SA cards.

Formless God

« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
BoWaP uses the same pattern but ... too much memorization. I'd rather sightread it instead :<

1/15 on Lunatic and clipped it on Hard as Satorin was exploding :/
The StB version is worse. Much, much worse.

« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »
I won't be able to sit right under Yukari, would I? StB's version looks ridiculous as well.

I've got like 24 or 25 more cards to capture in StB before I can even do extra. But I can't be bothered to play it.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
Oh hey, speaking of BoWaP, I just timed it out.  :V
Wasn't really that difficult.

Strategic blinking is pretty silly.

Bananamatic

« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2010, 05:32:15 PM »
I play BoWaP like Battle Garegga :V

« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2010, 05:39:57 PM »
BoWaP uses the same pattern but ... too much memorization. I'd rather sightread it instead :<

1/15 on Lunatic and clipped it on Hard as Satorin was exploding :/
The StB version is worse. Much, much worse.

I captured the StB version without any real effort at all. But the benefit in StB is that you can immediatly try it again which will let you get into the pattern. Also, i don't memorize it. I just get into a pattern of similar movements as a natural reaction to a pattern that loops itself.

And i timed out the Lunatic version myself. Not very hard to do at all.

BoWaP is a clipfuck

out of 40 hard and lunatic attempts, captured it only once on hard

It kills you if you don't get through the gaps. That of course might be tough for some people to do because of the speed of the attack. My capture rate of it is 17/44 including timeout attempts. Admittingly i fail the spellcard on various occasions due to not reading fast enough but i usually compensate by timing the rest of thing out without dying. It also killed me in my Lunatic 1cc.

Bananamatic

« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »
It kills you if you don't get through the gaps
eh
that goes for Wizard Fox Thoughts as well

Formless God

« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2010, 05:51:30 PM »
Oh hey, speaking of BoWaP, I just timed it out.  :V
Wasn't really that difficult.

And i timed out the Lunatic version myself. Not very hard to do at all.

/sulk
I can to pull off precise movements against dense and slow patterns (Complete Clarification at 1 power is cake, and I could survive at least two waves of Gray Test Tray Shure and Cloudy Omen), but when I'm forced to read/move quickly, all the precision is gone :ohdear: Byakuren's non-spells, for example. 12~14 misses on BEE's last pattern, if that counts.

... Maybe it was because of StB >_>

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »
/sulk
I can to pull off precise movements against dense and slow patterns (Complete Clarification at 1 power is cake, and I could survive at least two waves of Gray Test Tray Shure and Cloudy Omen), but when I'm forced to read/move quickly, all the precision is gone :ohdear: Byakuren's non-spells, for example. 12~14 misses on BEE's last pattern, if that counts.

... Maybe it was because of StB >_>

If it makes you feel any better, I completely suck at Complete Clarification.
No really, I can't survive a single wave these days. :c
Although I have been using Marisa exclusively lately, who has a hitbox the size of fucking Greenland.

« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, I completely suck at Complete Clarification.
No really, I can't survive a single wave these days. :c
Although I have been using Marisa exclusively lately, who has a hitbox the size of fucking Greenland.

Greenland belongs to us!!! Ehm... anyway yeah, i actually agree with Jaimers here. I suck at Complete Clarification as well. My excuse is that CC not only uses bullets that conducts mindfuck on me but also forces you to direct your attention in multiple directions. At BoWaP anything comes from above. :)

« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »
PCB Hard 1cc

And it shows that I completely suck at that game.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2010, 12:48:25 AM »
Woah! How did I end up here? I think I tripped over the RAGE thread and fell down.

Just beat HRtP for the first time (Jigoku route). I didn't 1cc it, so it's not really an accomplishment, but I've left it alone for the longest time. It feels like I finally fixed a car that's been sitting in the garage for years.
Spoiler:
Konngara's glare pierces my soul

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Formless God

« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2010, 05:57:36 AM »
Maybe I'm really specialized at dodging bullets from multiple directions ... I've just got another CC down at low power :<
And lasted pretty long at BEE's attack where she plants smaller BEES on the borders of the screen.

Another problem though ... My finger wouldn't let go of Focus. AGAIN :/

8DNB Byakuren. 1 miss at Cloudy Omen, 2 misses at her 2nd non-spell, 2 misses at Magic Milky Way (due to 2 Power I think >_>), 2 misses at her last non-spell (these non-spells are really irritating), 1 miss at Devil's Recitation, theeeeeen ...

... I captured both Superhuman (at 1 Power) and LFO :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2010, 06:45:41 AM »
Alright, I'm feeling pretty confident in Stage 6 now.

Ugh, ReimuB's Homing doesn't help against Byakuren that much. Except for maybe the second non-spell and the last. They go down in about the same amount of time when compared to ReimuA though. Maybe I'll do one more run with ReimuA. Depends on how well I feel within a few hours.

EDIT: 2k Graze on Stage 6 alone. Interesting. I might want to consider milking for Graze for the sake of it.
EDIT 2: Man I wish I had this kind of control in a normal run.
EDIT 3: Welp, feeling terrible.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 09:41:28 AM by Baity »
<>