Author Topic: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)  (Read 157661 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
Every scenes in DS will play like 10-8, and we'll be seeing a crying Donut.

:3

In the sense that 10-8 is extremely easy once you understand what's going on, yes. :<
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »
"my copy of the game is in Japanese, which means that I'm cooler than you"
Clearly, that's my reasonsing. herp-a-derp derp

Actually, in truth, it's for stability reasons; my computer is messed up beyond all reasoning, considering that I could record DOS-Boxes with Fraps and all. Well, I used to until I "fixed" it.
Spoiler:
;_;

Also, I'm going to point out that there are now 20 replays on the scoreboard of UFO Lunatic 1cc's with MarisaB. There are 18 SanaeA's and 11 MarisaA's. I have no idea what's with the sudden increase for MarisaB; maybe they're putting them up for the sake of going "oh yes, i managed to do it with the worst shot type ever, see, see?"
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2010, 09:22:49 PM »
EoSD Normal 1cc (MarisaA), cleared 3/3. The replay site isn't working for me right now, hence no link.

Finally remembered to get this done. Seems too easy now, having gone through a bit of Hard Mode (and that's taking into account the broken bullet hitboxes; nothing a bomb couldn't handle, you know?). No deaths until boss-Sakuya's opener, and I had max lives by that point.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2010, 09:50:49 PM »
"it means you're cooler than-GODDAMNIT!"
I was about to quote Kefit, goddamnit.

I have no idea what's with the sudden increase for MarisaB; maybe they're putting them up for the sake of going "oh yes, i managed to do it with the worst shot type ever, see, see?"
If it weren't for the bomb and the pitiful boss damage, she'd actually be a pretty fun shottype. Of course, Marisa's special ability is still "run into bullets" so I steer clear of her.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
If it weren't for the bomb and the pitiful boss damage, she'd actually be a pretty fun shottype. Of course, Marisa's special ability is still "run into bullets" so I steer clear of her.
She's like half a frame faster then Reimu... when unfocused. The difference between Reimu and Marisa has been negligible since MoF when ZUN took out speed differences (with that incredibly minor exception); although Reimu still ends up with the most used shot types anyway, soooo...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »
Also, I'm going to point out that there are now 20 replays on the scoreboard of UFO Lunatic 1cc's with MarisaB. There are 18 SanaeA's and 11 MarisaA's. I have no idea what's with the sudden increase for MarisaB; maybe they're putting them up for the sake of going "oh yes, i managed to do it with the worst shot type ever, see, see?"
Sc*ring?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2010, 10:35:06 PM »
No, not at all.

• There's only one SanaeA EXTREME scorerun at 2.3 bil. . 13 replays are below 350mil.
  • There's one MarisaB at 1 bil. with half the scores below 300mil (meaning just bare clears or non-scoring). For added reference, I sit on "3rd" with just over half the current top.
  • MarisaA, 527mil top, 356mil 2nd :V
<>

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2010, 10:37:28 PM »
1cc'd MoF Hard, Marisa C. Captured Virtue of Wind God with a history of 1/1!

Damn, Marisa C is broken.

However... WHY CAN'T I CLEAR MOF EXTRA?

« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
Maybe if you use her right, which I suck at. My Lunatic 1cc with her was full of fail. IIRC, I actually died 3 times on Stage 3, but I'd have to watch the replay.

Haven't really had time to play. Also, apparently I overwrote the replay of said clear. At least I had it uploaded on Gensokyo, so once it gets back up I can get it again if I want to.

Not sure what I'll try next.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:48:25 PM by Enigma »

Formless God

« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
In the sense that 10-8 is extremely easy once you understand what's going on, yes. :<

Photos 4, 5 and 6 are easy ?  :ohdear:
And the last 3. Aya charges at herself you (?) before you could move an inch, or is there some trick to this ? :<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »
And the last 3. Aya charges at herself you (?) before you could move an inch, or is there some trick to this ? :<
For the last 3, when the butterflies are flying out, move closer to Aya to buy yourself more time to move before she goes lolbodyslam.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
EoSD Stage 3 Hard perfect run. In Practice Mode, however.

First time in a while that I captured Meiling's second spell (random blue bullet spam), but I still had to stretch my path way to the side to get out.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »

Photos 4, 5, and 6 are all about shooting Aya at the right time. If you time it so that you get a picture just after she kicks off from a wall, you'll clear all the bullets she fires AND get a nice shot.

As for the last 3, protip: When something charges at you, don't sit still and let it hit you. If you're the least bit proactive you can get out of the way in time.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2010, 11:39:23 PM »
Actually, now that I think about it... couldn't you just move backwards, without being in danger of smashing into a butterfly bullet? Aya might just go on to the end of the screen though so I'm not sure if that works.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:43 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it... couldn't you just move backwards, without being in danger of smashing into a butterfly bullet? Aya might just go on to the end of the screen though so I'm not sure if that works.
Yes, but it's not recommended considering you'll be too close to micrododge the next wave of bulletflies.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2010, 01:23:02 AM »
Yes, but you had better take a picture quickly so you don't get flattened by the next wave of superdense bullets.  (You can't micrododge very well directly in front of the boss...)
This is what StB's unfocused speed is for  :*

nintendonut888

« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2010, 01:53:17 AM »
I somehow 1cc'd IN lunatic with the magic team. o_o I did it just for fun when Rikter was playing it, and I somehow made it all the way to the end.

It's not a pure run; I panicked at the end of Kaguya and Malice Cannon'd her to death (even then, my recklessness made it very close), but I feel slightly better about giving in to temptation by the fact that I captured Rising World.

I'd post the replay (it's a very lulzy replay, with me surviving things like Fantasy Seal ~ Dark and Eirin's non-spell and then dying to Hakurei Danmaku Field and Galaxy in a Pot), but the replay site's down at the moment.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »
*cough*

Note: It's very easy to lose your replays in there.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2010, 02:02:09 AM »
*cough*

Note: It's very easy to lose your replays in there.

Don't they like shun anyone who speaks English? :(

Anyway, here:

http://replay.royalflare.net/replay/th8_udf783.rpy

I think the replay spawned some error on the site, so if it doesn't work for some reason you know why.

ebarrett

« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2010, 02:08:24 AM »
StB's unfocused speed  :*
(sort of) QFT

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2010, 02:11:42 AM »
Don't they like shun anyone who speaks English? :(
No, why would you think that? What, you think they might get angry that a Western player is good or something? Pretty unlikely scenario.

I think the replay spawned some error on the site, so if it doesn't work for some reason you know why.
It says, it can't read the information from the replay; this seems to be happening with IN replays at this point in time. But other than that, the replay works fine.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2010, 02:17:57 AM »
IIRC Nicovideo is all ">:O" when someone comments in English, so, uh, you never know. :S

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2010, 02:27:52 AM »
IIRC Nicovideo is all ">:O" when someone comments in English, so, uh, you never know. :S
..... This is why I avoid using English as much as possible when I do stuff on Nico. .....Meh.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2010, 02:34:40 AM »

I throw them off with German.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2010, 02:35:10 AM »
..... This is why I avoid using English as much as possible when I do stuff on Nico. .....Meh.

How funny, 'cause that's why I use English as much as I possibly can when I do stuff on Nico. :)) Pixiv too, for that matter. Alternately, Spanish works too.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
I really wish EoSD saved single stage replays:

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
Hm, your Graze count is much higher than what I would normally expect from a person who doesn't play for score  :V
I'm guessing you used that spot during the Mid-Boss. Regardless of this fact (because it is actually pretty easy, especially at Max Rank because of the extra breathing space), congrats.

"Bury in Lake", "Emerald Megalith" 1 Death timeouts; the latter at Max Rank which dropped about halfway through. The former was something close to Max Rank; I pulled off a deathbomb just a bit earlier in the Stage which reduced the Rank and by the time it came around, it obviously wasn't at Max Rank (close enough to it though). "Green Storm", "Water Elf" and "Mercury Poison" all successfully timed out. All in the same run. The "Mercury Poison" one would've been a No Focus one, but I chickened out when approaching the end. I did do it at Base Rank before though (No Focus I mean). I'll see if I can upload the run from here. If so, expect a BGM swap. If not, then wait until April  :V

And now my own comments to this: "Bury in Lake", regardless of Rank will probably have the same difficulty, because of the way the bubbles are shot at different Ranks. Sure, the bubble bullets are evidently slower, but they're more packed together so if Patchy does a huge swing, then you're going to get one tiny gap to squeeze through. In other words, it probably doesn't matter what Rank I was at for it. While I'm at it, it's the only Spell Card for ReimuB that has Rank as the lowest attributing factor to it's difficulty; all the others change quite drastically in comparison (opinion).

The death on "Emerald Megalith" is pretty embarrassing.

Another EDIT: What's with American people and staying up late?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:39:51 AM by Baity »
<>

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2010, 09:52:23 AM »
Of course I used THAT SPOT. It's much easier than actually taking the attack head-on once you know how to use it. I haven't faced that attack any other way since...2006, probably.

I think the speed difference between ranks in Bury in Lake can be pretty significant, although you are correct that the main factor remains whether or not Patchy decides to dance around like mad. I don't find that the speed increase from rank makes Green Storm, Water Elf, or Emerald Megalith appreciably more difficult, but max rank Mercury Poison is pretty brutal compared to its slower incarnations.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »
Of course I used THAT SPOT. It's much easier than actually taking the attack head-on once you know how to use it. I haven't faced that attack any other way since...2006, probably.
True, it probably is much easier. Still quite easy to take on head-on once you learn what to do with it though (:samereasoning:).

I think the speed difference between ranks in Bury in Lake can be pretty significant, although you are correct that the main factor remains whether or not Patchy decides to dance around like mad. I don't find that the speed increase from rank makes Green Storm, Water Elf, or Emerald Megalith appreciably more difficult, but max rank Mercury Poison is pretty brutal compared to its slower incarnations.
I'll agree with speed increase from Rank not being a large factor affecting the difficulty of mentioned Spell Cards, but I will say that I do find the extra ring(s?) of bullets fired from "Water Elf" to be quite an annoyance.

Ah, this also reminds me. At one point (I believe this was July 2009? I can't remember too clearly), I actually believed that Max Rank!"Mercury Poison" was easier because the bullets weren't moving ever so slowly. Ah, memories.

EDIT: Uploaded.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:50:45 AM by Baity »
<>

« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2010, 11:37:15 AM »
Capped EX-7. Annoying bugger but not too difficult once i got into how it worked. It just sucks how that bastard oni-girl wanna dance around the field for 40 seconds until she finally wanna show her colourful appearance for my camera. She should give a little something in return... :*

How do you tell people that you beat Shoot the Bullet? More like: What do you answer when you are asked what its about since they don't know it? "Oh its a game about taking pictures of little girls :)"

What would that say about me now? :/

Overall verdict of StB amounts to a 9/10 i think. Fun game with only a few annoying scenes. Back to FFXIII which is awesome.