Author Topic: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)  (Read 156561 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)
« Reply #990 on: April 29, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »
I 1cc'd UFO Normal before I got my SA Easy 1cc. What are you people talking about
I need to know how much you played those two games during that time before I can really analyze your situation.

Yeah, Subterranean's difficulty can be extreme balls at times.
As for UFO, I don't see what's so hard about the UFO collection gimmick.
The only problem I have with it is when a green flasher UFO strays into a horde of bullets before turning red. Hate that.
SA is indeed tougher than your average Touhou game, but it has a lot of static and micromemorizable attacks. Most of the game is designed to be practiced over and over, and once you learn something you usually don't forget how to do it right away. In addition, a bunch of things that aren't static or micromem. can be dealt with one bomb (i.e. Double Black Death Butterfly right after the third wave fires, or the Catwalk midway through the first wave of rings).

Well, you did list one problem with the UFOs there. I'm also under the impression that the room you have to pick up UFOs is way too small - you basically have to hit it with your hitbox. But when maneuvering through even a modest collection of bullets, possibly unfocused for a brief time, it's easy to get thrown off by the small collection range and end up missing. Then you combine that with the game's many "additive blending" bullets, which are already hard to read against each other, and you see how awkward UFO collection can be.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #991 on: April 29, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »
I just did a thoroughly miserable LLS lunatic run on a school computer that clearly isn't built to handle Anex86 like the others around it. It got even more miserable when an automatic updates window popped up, windowed the game, and took all control from me at the end of stage 4, costing me two lives before I got rid of the window.

The reason this goes here is that I STILL 1cc'd 1/0. :D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #992 on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
Quote from: Formless God link=topic=5218.msg325136#msg325136   date=1272537854
  I 1cc'd UFO Normal before I got my SA   Easy 1cc. What are you people talking about

What the hell man

I was able to 1cc EoSD before SA. (I play SA way much more than the other games.)

I can now 1cc IN on Hard and I still get my ass kicked on UFO Easy

However, in all honest opinion, if you take a look at my replay, most of   my deaths weren't due to the UFO system. (The UFO system vomits extends   and bombs, so it should be much easier to beat than your average   Touhou) I just derped the whole thing really bad.

bomb moar

seriously, that's all there is to it
  The reason why I didn't use bombs is because I never expected to get hit, so I kept losing the chance to death bomb. fff

At least I never got used to IN's lag, but overall I am hesitant to bombing. =/

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #993 on: April 29, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
UFO's difficulty is overrated.

Pacifist Suwako

Well, that took absolutely zero effort. If you watch the replay you can see how sloppy I am and how much I'm not paying attention at all.
The timers are to fucking looooooong! >_<
Was at 0/3 after "Croaking Frog" but still made it somehow.

Well then, with this I've pacifisted every single extra and phantasm boss in the series. Yay me.  :derp:

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #994 on: April 29, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »
UFO's difficulty is overrated.
This is coming from the guy who can beat flanchan.zip without continues.

,,,  :V.

« Reply #995 on: April 29, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »
I would like to see pacifist Flanchan. Considering how badly you kicked its ass, it should be possible. Pacifist CtC would be interesting too.

And congrats. You should be glad that Evil Eye Sigma is impossible to time out, cause that would just suck.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #996 on: April 29, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »
You're too good Jaimers. @_@

Now, of course, you must time out every last word. :3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #997 on: April 29, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
I would like to see pacifist Flanchan. Considering how badly you kicked its ass, it should be possible. Pacifist CtC would be interesting too.

Flanchan might be possible. might
But that is with massive bombspam to kill attacks because the timers are pretty high and timing them out normally is pretty unrealistic.
Besides I'd rather wait first until Sercan releases the completed Phantasm stage. (Flanchan.zip is a demo)

Haven't looked much into pacifist  EX Suika or EX Reimu, but it might be worth exploring~

You should be sad that Evil Eye Sigma is impossible to time out, cause that would be awesome.

Fixed  :V

Now, of course, you must time out every last word. :3

I actually already did most of the hard ones so hmm...  :3

Anyway,
IN no bombs lunatic 1cc

It sucks is not as good as the previous attempts but at least this one is actually no bombs.
Disabled my bomb key this time because seriously.
I still pressed it, so it was a good thing that I did. ^^;

And a Momiji timeout with the streaming at the end.

« Reply #998 on: April 29, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »
Someone get Shuusou Gyoku working on Jaimers's computer so he can pacifist Marisa and Reimu

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #999 on: April 29, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
999 GET

He should do Stage 4 Boss actually.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #1000 on: April 29, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
Bam, motherbitches. 8)

Thread lock at 1000 posts, as always!