Author Topic: Touhou as a horrible american saturday morning cartoon show  (Read 34127 times)

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
Re: Touhou as a horrible american saturday morning cartoon show
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2010, 06:44:19 AM »
"Thundr slowly raises pistol to the shadow's head"

"I'm sorry. But I must kill you now. Only to keep the masquerade, nothing personal."
I regret nothing. Maybe not 1ccing sa with Patchy, but nothing else.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

fatfree

• Loldog
  • Touhou newbie
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
It has been a while since I've laughed this much. I demand more!  :V
I love this thread!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2010, 01:51:30 AM »
What if America decided to make a Touhou game?
Rena Hatel is the last member of a long bloodline of ancient warriors, specialized in the vanquishing of powerful demons known as Yoi'Ka. When she was a child her family was been slaughtered by a mysterious fox-themed sorcerer who goes by the name Raphael and his giant panther demon familiar Cherkhan. Rena is adopted by Sam Iban, a demon-turned-good who appears as a large, muscular afro american man with a pair of horns on his head, cool shades and a penchant for beer. He raises Rena and teaches how to deal with demons, reaching into her bloodline powers and supplies her with the best Yoi'Ka killing gear around. All grown up Rena sets out to find Raphael and take revenge for her family.
Using a powerful spear/sword hybrid called the Gohei, a Ball-and-Chain called the Hatel Orb and her own holy powers Rena faces thousands of Yoi'Ka, learning abilities, getting new weapons and even skimpier outfits along the way. Rena has no mercy for Yoi'Ka, especially the common Faruni type Yoi'Ka, who often end up being torn in half by Rena's sheer strength or with a sword driven through their throat and then forcefully pulled out from the other side. They're mindless leader Cirunos get's an even worse treatment by getting it's wings forcefuly torn of and stab into it's own chest. (As you can see, it's a combo of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and God of War.)

In her gory battles Rena meets fellow demon hunters Marisa Kartel, a gun-toting witch with a huge attitude and a figure that would make Bayonetta jealous, Alfred, a slightly cowardly news reporter who follows Rena around to get a good scoop, but helps when truly needed, Sabin, a rival demon hunter from a bloodline similiar to that of Rena's, and Richard, a kind young man who asks Rena to collect various artifacts in exchange for money or weapons. There's also Patchington, an elderly gentleman with much knowledge of demon lore, who in fact has certain connections with a neutral vampiric Yoi'Ka.

After several brutal battles with mighty Yoi'Ka Lords Rena finaly faces Raphael, whose scheme is finally discovered: by sacrificing large amounts of both human and Yoi'Ka blood Raphael tries to summon the Evil God Yunk'Arin (who looks and sounds like the Elder God from Legacy of Kain, only way bigger, way more powerful and possessing even more eyes). This creator of Yoi'Ka kind will reshape all of existance into it's own twisted image. Raphael wishes to revive Yunk'Arin and make a world for only Yoi'Ka. Raphael tries to sacrifice Rena to make Yunk'Arin even more powerful, but Rena defeats him in a long, epic battle. Raphael is forced to sacrifice himself and Cherkhan to summon Yunk'Arin afterall, and thus condemns the world to an eternity of darkness. The unspeakable horror emerges and defeats Rana effortlessly. When all seems grim, all of Rena's friends reappear and start attacking Yunk'Arin. They're will to keep fighting for the world and their love for Rena manages to reawaken her, and allowing her to fully access the power of the Hatel bloodline.
One last epic battle commences between Rena and Yunk'Arin, which involves many overpowered abilities, explosions, transformations, quick-time events and psychedelic battle fields.
Yunk'Arin tries one last ditch attack by copying Rena's form and fight fire with fire, but in the end it get's vanquished by getting stabbed by several light swords, suffering many brutal kick and punch combos, getting blasted by everyone's ultimate attacks and getting shot square in the eye, resulting in a magnifecent over-the-top explosion.

In the end Rena pairs up with the character with whom she got the highest relationship score, may this either be Sabin, Marisa, Richard or Alfred. Rena however sets out when Yoi'Ka start to emerge once again, making way for several sequels.

Never played any of those games, so Sam Iban made me think of the Demoman from Team Fortress 2.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2010, 03:49:23 AM »
that was PHYSICALLY PAINFUL TO READ

oh GOD

what the HELL RURO

Actually, now that I look back on this, that description sounds more like Nelvana than 4Kids to me... a 4Kids version would be more along the lines of:

ZOMG there are monsters all over the land of Fantastinator and someone needs to show them who's boss! Enter Rachel, a totally cool and hip and gnarly warrior of justice, who will cut those baddies down to size with the help of her random friends TAYLOR, ELLEN AND KAITLYN.

Which... actually sounds all well and good (albeit mildly irritating) until you realize that for all the ACTION-Y hype, the network regulators or whatever have forced 4Kids to eliminate anything more stimulating than people running. :V

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2010, 03:55:25 AM »
This has probably already been posted, but I shall leave it here regardless:

There was something here once. Wonder what...

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:19 AM »
Actually, now that I look back on this, that description sounds more like Nelvana than 4Kids to me... a 4Kids version would be more along the lines of:

ZOMG there are monsters all over the land of Fantastinator and someone needs to show them who's boss! Enter Rachel, a totally cool and hip and gnarly warrior of justice, who will cut those baddies down to size with the help of her random friends TAYLOR, ELLEN AND KAITLYN.

Which... actually sounds all well and good (albeit mildly irritating) until you realize that for all the ACTION-Y hype, the network regulators or whatever have forced 4Kids to eliminate anything more stimulating than people running. :V

Don't forget the bad puns. :D

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2010, 03:19:39 AM »
Don't forget the bad puns. :D

Assist me, Ellen!!

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »
Big question, exactly who is the cousin of whom in this show? I know Marisa and Alice have great potential to be cousins but why stop there?

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »
Big question, exactly who is the cousin of whom in this show? I know Marisa and Alice have great potential to be cousins but why stop there?

I thought I killed you.

Oh yeah, and Reimu and Suika are sisters. Admit it.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »

Yukari Violet will be revealed to be Reimu R?ve's grandmother.

(R?ve is French for dream. Part of Reimu's name means dream. It also helps they both start with a R)

Also, what if the American show got animated by an American? Imagine Touhou drawn in the style of Butch Hartmann.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »
Yukari Violet will be revealed to be Reimu Rêve's grandmother.

(Rêve is French for dream. Part of Reimu's name means dream. It also helps they both start with a R)

Also, what if the American show got animated by an American? Imagine Touhou drawn in the style of Butch Hartmann.
Eww, I can't stand that show...

Although there are SOME americans who have a somewhat anime style to them...the only one I can think of off the top of my head is The Boondocks

That said...Touhou Boondocks....
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »

lol wut

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »
Also, what if the American show got animated by an American?

Byakuren & Butthead!

"I need some TP for my TEMPLE!"

Alternatively: East Park!

"By the gods, they killed Cirno!"
"You bastards!"

Also: ohmygodthatreimu!  :o
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »

Wow I never expected to see a Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari, In a topic about Touhou, let alone a "Touhou as a horrible american saturday morning cartoon show" topic!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:04:39 PM by Danielu Yoshikoto »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2010, 07:14:10 PM »
I thought I killed you.

Oh yeah, and Reimu and Suika are sisters. Admit it.
You can't kill me. This is a thread about Saturady morning cartoon shows and violence of that level is not tolerated.

The other big question is what are they going to try to sell in the Touhou animated series since we all know it would be a half hour comerical.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »
Byakuren & Butthead!

"I need some TP for my TEMPLE!""

Also: ohmygodthatreimu!  :o

uhhuhhuhuhuhuh.. you wanna see MY parlequin ship?... huhahuahahuhh NEHEHEHE

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »
Wow I never expected to see a Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari, In a topic about Touhou, let alone a "Touhou as a horrible american saturday morning cartoon show" topic!
The character portraits are good reaction image material. I'm surprised no one else discovered this...

That and I'm a Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari fan, but we're going off topic here :V

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2010, 10:34:40 PM »
"By the gods, they killed Cirno Alice!"
"You bastards!"

BONUS MATERIAL:

There was something here once. Wonder what...

Mechazaurus

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 04:24:11 AM »
The other big question is what are they going to try to sell in the Touhou animated series since we all know it would be a half hour comerical.

Anybody having visions of Filmation's Touhou? Like maybe Princess Adreama and Misty Magica (along with Spirit Mane the talking horse) defend the land of Fantasticor from Vamperina and the inhabitants of Red Monster Castle.

Actually though, now that I think about it Touhou could so easily be tuned into a cheap ass He-Man/She-Ra 80's style action figure commercial it's kind of scary.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 04:38:00 AM »
You forgot the psa at the end where Marisa tells you that stealing is wrong and whatever they name Yuyuko as lectures you on eating healthy. Oddly enough Judge Sheila of Xanadu never gives out these lectures.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2010, 05:00:32 AM »
You forgot the psa at the end where Marisa tells you that stealing is wrong and whatever they name Yuyuko as lectures you on eating healthy. Oddly enough Judge Sheila of Xanadu never gives out these lectures.

And Sue the oni comes on to say "I might look yer age but r'member kidsh, drinkin' age ish 21 until mom and dad are ashleep!"

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »
Judge Sheila of Xanadu never gives out these lectures.
They want kids to be excited to learn life lessons from pretty, colorful ladies...not bore them to death.

Also Mokou telling us that violence is wrong and you should solve your problems by 'talking it out', and demonstrating this example with Kaguya.

We need someone to take on the "If someone touches you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable (ry" bit.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »
We need someone to take on the "If someone touches you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable (ry" bit.

Medicine. (Touch her and you die)

(Also, I don't know why but 'Sue the Oni' sounds hilarious to me.)

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »
(Also, I don't know why but 'Sue the Oni' sounds hilarious to me.)

Don't you mean Sue the Goblin?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »
Don't you mean Sue the Goblin?

Wouldn't Ogre be more fitting?

And what do they call Eirin Ellen? The Millenia Old Genius Bodyguard Archer Nurse from the Moon?

Or what about Ursula? The Solar Powered Cyborg Raven from Heck?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2010, 07:00:54 PM »
lol wut

Even if I like Fairy Odd Parents... this is just too much. D8

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
Also, if Butch Hartmann DID make the cartoon, Yuyuko would probably be the main character. And make a guest appearance in Danny Phantom.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »
Also, if Butch Hartmann DID make the cartoon, Yuyuko would probably be the main character. And make a guest appearance in Danny Phantom.
This is what I was thinking about the other day while I had nothing else better to do than to lay around and watch TV.

"What if Yuyuko and Youmu appeared in Danny Phantom...?"

Then I saw the above pic...

Fuck it all.