Author Topic: Touhou as a horrible american saturday morning cartoon show  (Read 33889 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Touhou as a horrible american saturday morning cartoon show
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2010, 02:16:48 PM »
[nsfw]http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/139118/alice_margatroid-animal_ears-bunny_ears-cho_marisa[/nsfw]

Tagged nsfw for danbooru adds because safebooru seems to be down right now.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »
Gah you sod beat me to it, And I just spent time making this masterpeice too!  :V

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »
Never underestimate people's ability to take "ooh pretty!" over an actual decent story.

Touhou is about pretty patterns. :V

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2010, 06:51:23 PM »
Touhou is about pretty patterns. :V

With a decent story.  :V

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2010, 06:02:26 AM »
With a decent story.  :V

With characters that we all love :V

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »
story
Touhou

what :V

Also thank you for reminding me to write more Darth Okazaki vs Ruukoto Skywalker.
Spoiler:
"Ruukoto, I am your MAKER!"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »
"Join me, and together we will rule Gensokyo!'

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2010, 08:20:59 PM »
"The Danmaku is strong in this one."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
"These aren't the maids you're looking for."

And because I'm uncreative:

"POWEEEEER! UUUUNLIMITEEEEED... POWEEEER!"

Hmm, Marisa as Palpatine..?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2010, 08:38:27 PM »
"These aren't the maids you're looking for."

And because I'm uncreative:

"POWEEEEER! UUUUNLIMITEEEEED... POWEEEER!"

Hmm, Marisa as Palpatine..?

I'd rather think Yukari. You know, being the great master mind, and with the whole grandma gag around her. She'd be her young self as Palpatine, and old (or maybe even Eldtrich) as Darth Sidious.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »
And her twin laser weilding apprentice, Darth Ran.  :V

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2010, 10:48:48 PM »
And her twin laser weilding apprentice, Darth Ran.  :V

Or Ran can be Count Doku/Darth Tyranus, and then Chen will be General Grievous. :V You know, since Doku is Palpatine's apprentice and Grievous is subsequentely Doku's apprentice. And Ran is Yukari's shikigami while Chen is Ran's shikigami. It fits!

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »
better than just that as well, chens two tails + duct tape + 2 lightsabres

she can weild like grevious too!

Ps - end of episode 3 where darth goes NOOOOOOOOOO.... picture danmaku flying out and destroying everything instead of the force  :V

Sith sign : Cheesy movie ending

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2010, 02:31:53 AM »
You people have ruined me mentally.

Thank you.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2010, 03:13:50 AM »
Back on topic: I need someplace to put this.

NEW 4KIDS ANIMU

Undies: Along With You!

Rachel the moon rabbit is a transfer student who moves into the Eternity Boarding Home for Girls on earth. There, she becomes fast friends with sneaky Taylor, smart Ellen, and bossy Kaitlyn. They give her the silly nickname "Undies," and together explore the magical world of Gentleland, where they learn about the most magical power of all: friendship.

FAMILY FUN FOR ALL AGES

TRULY HEARTWARMING

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2010, 04:26:49 AM »

NEW 4KIDS ANIMU

Rachel the moon rabbit is a transfer student who moves into the Eternity Boarding Home for Girls on earth. There, she becomes fast friends with sneaky Taylor, smart Ellen, and bossy Kaitlyn. They give her the silly nickname "Undies," and together explore the magical world of Gentleland, where they learn about the most magical power of all: friendship.

FAMILY FUN FOR ALL AGES

TRULY HEARTWARMING

that was PHYSICALLY PAINFUL TO READ

oh GOD

what the HELL RURO

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »
That was pretty hilarious, Ruro.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2010, 10:02:03 AM »
that was PHYSICALLY PAINFUL TO READ
THIS!

And those pictures do NOT look like FAMILY FUN FOR ALL AGES

(That means: Nice work, Ruro  :V)

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »

NEW 4KIDS ANIMU

FAMILY FUN FOR ALL AGES

TRULY HEARTWARMING

I like Noodlebunny. Udon and all that.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »
I'm loving the chiyo and osaka reference in the picture, lol.

also bottom right pic = banned episode

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2010, 10:54:58 PM »
I'm loving the chiyo and osaka reference in the picture, lol.

also bottom right pic = banned episode
Well of course.  Every anime has at least one episode unsuitable for a children's TV show.
It's almost always the mandatory hot springs episode, too.

...Which means the entire SA storyline is cut from NA release.

Mechazaurus

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2010, 03:12:34 AM »
Hi, I'm normally just a lurker, but I just HAD to join in on this one!

First of all, there are to many girls in it. Americans don't want anything that stars a girl, so the hero is now Rinnosuke, here called Raymond Morris and his friend Marisa Kelly, who go to Eternity House, an upscale High School in California. One day they meet Genji, who is now human and looks and acts like a stereotypical old Martial arts master with a bald head and white Fu Manchu mustache. He's going to train Raymond in Dragon Syle Kung-fu and give him a spandex costume and a missile shooting super car so he can fight crime. He speaks in shallow fortune cookie lines, usually about the lesson of each episode. Oh, and he has a giant yin-yang on the front of his robe, cuz that's all Asian-ey and stuff.

He tells Raymond about how he is the chosen one and must defeat the evil Utsuho, who is now a giant shadow monster with a booming male voice named Solaris. Sakuya ,Patchouli and Remilia are now lackies for the villain, with the latter two now being guys. First "Patches" a comic relief evil computer nerd with a ton of gadgets who makes vague references to Star Trek and Star Wars (cuz those are only sci fi shows there are). And "Renny" who looks like one of vampires from Twilight and broods a lot. He'll be Raymond's rival. Sakuya is now called "Sakura" and is a ninja. All three are really incompetent and get beat up by the heroes every single week, without ever getting to kill anyone.

Other characters include school bullies Cirno, Wriggle, Rumia and Mystia (who are now all guys). Aya, who is now an arrogant rival hero (and also a guy). And Suika, who's a huge and muscular drug lord (and a guy) in a Very Special Episode about how you should Just Say No.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »

NEW 4KIDS ANIMU

FAMILY FUN FOR ALL AGES

TRULY HEARTWARMING

You people keep trying to make bad ones, and you keep fucking it up. I'd watch this.

9/4

• Unbalanced meter
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2010, 04:09:55 AM »
And Suika, who's a huge and muscular drug lord (and a guy) in a Very Special Episode about how you should Just Say No.
I hyperventilated from outrage. Really.

I'd buy it, just from the cover.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2010, 07:44:55 PM »
What if America decided to make a Touhou game?
Rena Hatel is the last member of a long bloodline of ancient warriors, specialized in the vanquishing of powerful demons known as Yoi'Ka. When she was a child her family was been slaughtered by a mysterious fox-themed sorcerer who goes by the name Raphael and his giant panther demon familiar Cherkhan. Rena is adopted by Sam Iban, a demon-turned-good who appears as a large, muscular afro american man with a pair of horns on his head, cool shades and a penchant for beer. He raises Rena and teaches how to deal with demons, reaching into her bloodline powers and supplies her with the best Yoi'Ka killing gear around. All grown up Rena sets out to find Raphael and take revenge for her family.
Using a powerful spear/sword hybrid called the Gohei, a Ball-and-Chain called the Hatel Orb and her own holy powers Rena faces thousands of Yoi'Ka, learning abilities, getting new weapons and even skimpier outfits along the way. Rena has no mercy for Yoi'Ka, especially the common Faruni type Yoi'Ka, who often end up being torn in half by Rena's sheer strength or with a sword driven through their throat and then forcefully pulled out from the other side. They're mindless leader Cirunos get's an even worse treatment by getting it's wings forcefuly torn of and stab into it's own chest. (As you can see, it's a combo of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and God of War.)

In her gory battles Rena meets fellow demon hunters Marisa Kartel, a gun-toting witch with a huge attitude and a figure that would make Bayonetta jealous, Alfred, a slightly cowardly news reporter who follows Rena around to get a good scoop, but helps when truly needed, Sabin, a rival demon hunter from a bloodline similiar to that of Rena's, and Richard, a kind young man who asks Rena to collect various artifacts in exchange for money or weapons. There's also Patchington, an elderly gentleman with much knowledge of demon lore, who in fact has certain connections with a neutral vampiric Yoi'Ka.

After several brutal battles with mighty Yoi'Ka Lords Rena finaly faces Raphael, whose scheme is finally discovered: by sacrificing large amounts of both human and Yoi'Ka blood Raphael tries to summon the Evil God Yunk'Arin (who looks and sounds like the Elder God from Legacy of Kain, only way bigger, way more powerful and possessing even more eyes). This creator of Yoi'Ka kind will reshape all of existance into it's own twisted image. Raphael wishes to revive Yunk'Arin and make a world for only Yoi'Ka. Raphael tries to sacrifice Rena to make Yunk'Arin even more powerful, but Rena defeats him in a long, epic battle. Raphael is forced to sacrifice himself and Cherkhan to summon Yunk'Arin afterall, and thus condemns the world to an eternity of darkness. The unspeakable horror emerges and defeats Rana effortlessly. When all seems grim, all of Rena's friends reappear and start attacking Yunk'Arin. They're will to keep fighting for the world and their love for Rena manages to reawaken her, and allowing her to fully access the power of the Hatel bloodline.
One last epic battle commences between Rena and Yunk'Arin, which involves many overpowered abilities, explosions, transformations, quick-time events and psychedelic battle fields.
Yunk'Arin tries one last ditch attack by copying Rena's form and fight fire with fire, but in the end it get's vanquished by getting stabbed by several light swords, suffering many brutal kick and punch combos, getting blasted by everyone's ultimate attacks and getting shot square in the eye, resulting in a magnifecent over-the-top explosion.

In the end Rena pairs up with the character with whom she got the highest relationship score, may this either be Sabin, Marisa, Richard or Alfred. Rena however sets out when Yoi'Ka start to emerge once again, making way for several sequels.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:08:13 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »
Pretty sure someone attempted that once. I don't remember the name of the game, but there was a big to-do about it.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2010, 11:45:35 PM »
Thats possible, but its still not american themed enough.

how about

CALL OF MIKO
GENSOKYO WARFARE

Sort of like a cross between IN and SA, but as a multiplayer online first person shooter.

The commy pinko's at Eientei are wielding Utsuho's of mass destruction, and have an army of brainwashed wabbit extremists. Its up to the hakurei special ops unit to deal with the situation, and, ultimately, save the world. Are you, Reimu "soap" Mctavish, up to the task with the illusionary worlds greatest task force?

sniper amulet, 130mm aerial artillery yin yan cannons, and peircing shot can be added as a perk, as can "deathbombing" which when you actually have died you blow everyone around you to smithereens, annoying other online players. Grazing has been replaced with a function called "autoaim" So anything fairly close is actually a hit.

Legacy|iB

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2010, 04:52:45 AM »
Sort of like a cross between IN and SA, but as a multiplayer online first person shooter.

The commy pinko's at Eientei are wielding Utsuho's of mass destruction, and have an army of brainwashed wabbit extremists. Its up to the hakurei special ops unit to deal with the situation, and, ultimately, save the world. Are you, Reimu "soap" Mctavish, up to the task with the illusionary worlds greatest task force?

sniper amulet, 130mm aerial artillery yin yan cannons, and peircing shot can be added as a perk, as can "deathbombing" which when you actually have died you blow everyone around you to smithereens, annoying other online players. Grazing has been replaced with a function called "autoaim" So anything fairly close is actually a hit.

Holy hell, I'd play that.

No, seriously - I would. That actually sounds quite awesome if you think about how it might work.

As well, it reminds me of this:

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
I think there has been too much complaining about the American names on the Touhou cartoon and not enough attention paid to the real problems. For example who had the lame idea to put ace reporter Abigail into every episode? When the heck are thy going to bring back Mimi the ghost and Shannon, the princess of bad place? I don't even want to get into the episodes with Mindy and the magic flying ship. They should have put Sally the deadly maid in that storyline instead of Sandy of big monster mountain. Everytime I think about how mean Sandy was to Rainy the umbrella is just makes me so mad. It was almost as bad as a couple seasons ago when Karen took a nap and flowers grew everywhere.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »
I think there has been too much complaining about the American names on the Touhou cartoon and not enough attention paid to the real problems. For example who had the lame idea to put ace reporter Abigail into every episode? When the heck are thy going to bring back Mimi the ghost and Shannon, the princess of bad place? I don't even want to get into the episodes with Mindy and the magic flying ship. They should have put Sally the deadly maid in that storyline instead of Sandy of big monster mountain. Everytime I think about how mean Sandy was to Rainy the umbrella is just makes me so mad. It was almost as bad as a couple seasons ago when Karen took a nap and flowers grew everywhere.

"Thundr slowly raises pistol to the shadow's head"

"I'm sorry. But I must kill you now. Only to keep the masquerade, nothing personal."