Author Topic: Maid RPG  (Read 116767 times)

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
Re: Maid RPG
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2009, 04:44:59 AM »
Some house rules I'm thinking on:  Firstly, setting the favor cost to just be the average of all the maid's abilities times ten.  Provides a catchup mechanic for maids with poor stats, and also gets rid of the absurdity of spending the same amount favor to go from 0 to 3 as 5 to 6.

I also like the idea (I think it was originally Shiny's) of granting bonuses upon reaching milestones in stats.  I'm thinking that in my game, reaching 6 in any ability will grant some bonus in combat.  This should make it so everyone can play a role in battle.  They should also provide more of an interesting tactical element, like the dragons' linear breath weapons in my RP's first fight.  Athletics and Will won't grant extra abilities in combat, since they're already the most important combat stats.  All are applicable only in combat scenes.

Affection  -  "Support":  Take 1d6 stress to relieve 2d6 stress from an adjacent ally.

Skill  -  "Sweeping":  Move through multiple enemies and roll attacks against each of them in one turn.

Cunning  -  "Finesse":  If you lose a round of combat, the damage dealt to you is also dealt to your attacker.

Luck  -  "Mulligan":  Take 1d6 stress to re-do a roll or force someone else to re-do a roll, only allowed once per roll.

These...  may not be balanced.  >_>  Only one way to find out for sure, I suppose.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2009, 12:57:58 PM »
serp, some of those abilities are special abilities granted to maid, I think especially the luck factor.

My take is that some of them is unbalanced. Will wait for further comments and. I want the log =D

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

The Astral Pancake

• Lurker McLurkington
  • ZOT
« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
Okay, after the clusterfuck that was Wrathie's last game, I'm going to propose a few changes to his assist system. Well, mainly because adding together both of the rolls can lead to two players completely raping whatever characters are in their way unless the GM piles in eleventy billion more NPCs.

My proposed change is that the assisting maid grants a variable bonus depending on the stat needed. If stat is 0-2, +1. If stat is 3-4, +2. If stat is 5-6, +3.

So if a maid with 4 skill is assisting in a skill check, she would grant a +2 bonus to the assisted maid's roll.

What do you think guys?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »
SCENARIO - NEVAROSSA, Endless Journey to Nevermore
Number of Players: 2~5 (concessions can be made if necessary)
Play Time: Minimum of 2 hours.
Duration of Scenario: Dependent.

TIME ZONE (THIS IS IMPORTANT) - GMT+0800

Game Ruleset:
--> Seduction enabled to anyone
--> NPCs enabled
--> Random Events disabled
--> CHANGE: Master is slightly different
------> The Master has Weapons, drawn from Maid Weapon table.
------> The Master can fight, but only in the necessary conditions.
------> The Master is bound by Maid statistic rolling, with the exception of Will, which remains standard.
--> CHANGE: Maid Uniform concept is changed entirely
--> Other changes will be listed accordingly

Summary:
Fantasy / Slice-of-Life / Combat-oriented
In the magical world of Invyria exists many different kinds of people, places and interesting landmarks. Invyria itself is a large landmass, somewhat of a supercontinent, if you will. Invyria itself is not only magical, though, but also quite... mysterious. Many of the lores and myth behind its inception are still relatively unknown to its inhabitants, though there are rumours of a lost civilization, a mystical land beyond the reaches of Invyria itself, somewhat of an "Atlantis" or an "El Dorado," which lie behind a single gate - The Gate to Nevermore, which led to its name - Nevermore. It is said that Nevermore unlocks the secrets to everything you ever wanted to know. Our story centers around the Master, one of the most powerful lords in the land, and he wishes to reach the Gate to Nevermore to see if the stories are true. For this he employs only his most trusted maids as his loyal companions to not only serve him but also help defend him along the way from whatever may invade him. His gigantic castle reveals that there is a compartment which acts as a mobile fortress - one that can penetrate through nearly any ground, and hover past rivers. It is charged with magic, making it impregnable. He will use this to travel to the Gate of Nevermore, far in the northern reaches in Invyria.

It is up to you, as his loyal companions in servitude, to ensure that he makes it to his destination in one piece.

Game-related information:
The "mansion" of this game is a mobile fortress that is big enough that it needs no more than one floor. Invyria has very few mountains, which means the entire journey will take place in this fortress. Naturally there is an outdoor section. Participants of this game need to be prepared in the sense that there WILL be events that involve defending the master if he needs it against invaders of the fortress and thieves. It is of utmost importance to know that the master can fight, but only if he has to. It will be in YOUR favor if you take initiative. You will most likely get bonus favor. It is a healthy balance of fighting and slice-of-life.

Only time will tell about what happens when we actually get there... IF we will get there...

Changes:

Maid Uniform Change
Maid Uniform color etc. has been ditched in favor of a new system of clothing. The master has had specific types of clothing made for the maids he has employed for the undoubtedly long journey. You only need to roll ONCE for your maid clothing. Maid Hair color/eye color remain the same, however.
1 - Amazon Armor (+1 ATH, +1 SKI)
2 - Sorceress Robes (+1 WIL, +LUC)
3 - Black Garments (+1 SKI, +1 CUN)
4 - Court Magician's Raiments (+1 LUC, +1 SKI)
5 - Queen's Gown (+1 AFF, +1 LUC)
6 - Spy's Set (+1 CUN, +1 ATH)

Maid Type Change
You can only have ONE maid type this time. Make it count.

Maid Weapon Restrictions
If you roll the following numbers:

12, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 35

Please roll again.

Maid Power System
You start with one Maid Power, but you can get more than one.
2nd Maid Power can be obtained with 150 favor spent at once
3rd Maid Power can be obtained with 300 favor spent at once, after gaining a 2nd one.

Maid Special Qualities System
You can have 3 Special qualities.

Combat
1. Favour is awarded on a merit basis.
2. You can do nearly anything you want as long as you can RP it convincingly.
3. You may get bonus favour during a battle.
4. Try not to get the Master involved if you can help it!!

Support Rolls
You may assist a person rolling if you can RP it. Support rolls work this way:

[ init.roll + (supp.roll - enem.roll) ]

Example:
1. The person initially rolled a 5, the target rolls a 7
2. The person supporting rolls a 12
The formula is:

[ 5 + (12 - 7) ]
[ 5 + 5 ]
= 10

Naturally, if (supp.roll - enem.roll) is a negative number the support fails.
Don't worry, I as the GM will do the mathing for you in determining support roll success.

Name -Vyvien Victus II -Vyvien=Victus II -ヴィヴィエン=ヴィクタス第二代
Age??GenderMale
------------
AttributeBase ValueModifierNew Value
Athletics3N/A3
Affection4N/A4
Skill3N/A3
Cunning1N/A1
Luck1N/A1
Will22
------------
Master TypeM. Spec. Qual 1M. Spec. Qual 2M. Spec. Qual 3
AristocratFamily HateRoyaltyBishonen
M-Power SourceM-Power Source 2Favourite Maid TypeStress Explosion
Political PowerMagical PowerLolitaComplaining
Master Hair ColorMaster Eye ColorMaster's Weapon---
Sky BlueBlueSpear---

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:48:44 AM by BougaPrincess »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2009, 06:22:57 PM »
This is a "maybe" for Hime's game.  If the time doesn't suit me, then, uh, just forget this exists or something.

Name: Hayate Kasuga

Outfit: Black Garments
Hair colour: Purple
Eye colour: Brown

Ath: 2 (3-1)
Aff: 1
Skl: 3 (2+1)
Cnn: 4 (3+1)
Lck: 3 (2+1)
Wll: 3

Weapon: Scythe
Maid Type: Lolita
Special Qualities: Actually a Guy, Injury - One Eye, Relationship - Ex-Lover/Love Rival
Maid Roots: Loyalty
Stress Explosion: Alcohol/Drugs
Maid Power: Fake Crying

Expect this to be edited when (or, more likely, if) I can find a suitable picture.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:03:02 PM by N.Theorist »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »
TranceAeshmaHime: You have my interest... Depends on what time it would be starting for me, naturally...
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2009, 11:49:52 PM »
Time is flexible for me I guess. Depends when people are on.

Mainly due to the fact that, damnit, I have school next week. So my time will be at night time. 6 PM and onwards. :V

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2009, 12:57:34 PM »
if it isn't obvious. /in for Trance's game.

and guys, for there will be a game tomorrow and I'm adopting Trance's System for assist if that is fine =D

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Some house rules I'm thinking on:  Firstly, setting the favor cost to just be the average of all the maid's abilities times ten.
Times ten is too much, it would be range from 10-40 favors. Thus giving the strong much higher advantage than the aff X2.

Provides a catchup mechanic for maids with poor stats, and also gets rid of the absurdity of spending the same amount favor to go from 0 to 3 as 5 to 6.
For game that use addition rule, it's good as it is, but those that use multiplication rule will need to either give more starting ability to off set the player base's stats or gm create non-bias event that will be advantage for low stats. I still remember my first low stat girl getting verbally attacked by everyone the first thing in the game introduction. >>;

I also like the idea (I think it was originally Shiny's) of granting bonuses upon reaching milestones in stats.  I'm thinking that in my game, reaching 6 in any ability will grant some bonus in combat.

I create this system in my Persona game, although it works well as a "milestones" since everyone start with limited stats of 1-2, if your game let people start with 1-4 then you should either make it much weaker or have a smaller achievable stat for the weak. Formula like Stat + 3 to unlock.

Generally, unlocked effect should differ and base on the game idea and setting, for example in my game, since the game setting is an equal mix of battle and other things, I set 3 stats for battle purpose while others for outside of battle. And since everyone start weak, I can make the unlocked effect more powerful.

1) Ath: Can attack whole group of attack instead of one. Base on "Ma" title next to the spell name in the persona game. (Battle)
2) Aff: Charm monster. Base on the charm in persona game. (Battle)
3) Ski: Can create a free random item creation per session since the mansion have a lab. (Outside of battle)
4) Cun: Can't remember what this is. (Outside of battle)
5) Luck: Can roll for a Free random event per session, if the game use more than one event type, gm must pick a GOOD event or make it good. (Outside of battle)
6) Will: Your persona will stay in battle with copy of your stats. (Battle)

Depend on how much of action is in the game, if the game is non-stop battle then you should have all 6 stats battle oriented effect while pure peaceful setting would be outside of battle kind of effect.

Lastly, the thing I feel it need to revise is the Seduction system.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:59:49 PM by shinyjam »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2009, 02:05:04 PM »
Lastly, the thing I feel it need to revise is the Seduction system.

This.. can we stop using seduction for everyday use..

EDIT:

Log for Session 7 is up..
Quite productive.. Read the log guys
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:11:52 AM by wrathie »

shinyjam

« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2009, 04:52:10 AM »
Persona: Enemy Phase

This is the villains side of my persona game, you play the role of the bad guys. Your goal is to consort with your leader, plan and execute(Playing part) to screw up the good side for whatever evil plan you have.

As a group you should discuss it with your team in online chat and tell me so I can build whatever scenario require for you all to execute in.

Once you succeed in executing whatever plan, the good side's session will begin to intervene or suffer and try to solve whatever evil results you produced. Try to stay anonymous so they can't find you and counter attack, although some plan would require direct confrontation.

For example:
Planning big evil things like blowing a up power plant require you to do a lot of works like battle your ways through the plant's security or sneak through it, hack the computer, etc. and assuming you succeed, then the good side will try to stop you within the time limit, etc.

The Baddies already premade(Negotiable), so I am recruiting 2-4 non-good side players that's compatible with my time to join in for some evil deeds.

Rule:
Pretty much the same, but you are force to do it bad guys style. Like you will solo the good guy's group, look down at the good guys and won't use your full stats,etc. Whenever I feel the need to balance as appropriate. (Your stats will obviously higher)

Goal:
Having some competition in the game as the bad guys can win this game. Stay anonymous, don't get capture/convert or reveal too much information, and lovingly screw the good guys.

Note: This game is currently Loli heavy.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:24:59 PM by shinyjam »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »
As promised... I remade some of the mechanics, putting together vamp, BESM and Meido..

well, not meido.. YET.. but still...

I'll get to there =D

Update 1!

EDIT:
Another fun session..

Again guys, no session on fi next week, only on sat..
see you!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 05:04:22 PM by wrathie »

Serp

« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2009, 11:49:46 PM »
Here's the transcript of last night's session, complete with abrupt ending due to censorship!

shinyjam

« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2009, 01:40:26 AM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Self notes for Maid Rpg Diceless & Passive Relationship version.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relationship
Passive Relationship: GM determine how good the relationship is base on how much hardship, joy, argument, etc. the players spend together. Seduction could be one sided, and it's just physical attraction rather than true love or personality compatibility, so it can never go beyond good friend without other real interection.

Usage of relationship: A limitation system for GM and an advantage system for players.

If A Hate B, then B will never do anything for PC-A for free or listen to it's cunning/affection, GM will prevent any illogical action made by B against A, also, if B has a bomb and it can choose who to give to, GM will force B to give it to A. Vice verse, If B likes A, GM will force B to keep the bomb and hurt itself, and thus, accepting positive relationship will not always be beneficial.

Stats for Diceless system
Athletic: Max Fatigue points X 10
Affection: Solve thing without action, persuation, help Increase relationship.
Skill: Techincal actions, survival skill, life skill, etc. Brain version of Ath.
Cunning: Solve thing with someone help, Bluff, Trickery, help decrease relationship.
Luck: GM will help you or let things slips more at greater scale.
Will: Max Stress point X 10, Main mental defense stat.

Prefer to replace value with words for RP experience and gm reference.
0 = Horrible
1 = Weak
2 = Normal
3 = Good
4 = Very Good
5 = Excellence
6 = Godly

Stress stat: Stress will be consider Mental stress, so it should be minimum to nonexistence in physical activity, but in failed social battle or self grieve can damage it normally.

Fatigue stat: Fatigue force player to not overdo/overkill things (unless they do it for impression) as they will be force to stop and rest. GM should try their best to avoid letting players abuse resting. Like NPC will ks the reward, or resting too much result in something bad happen.

GM will determine if success or fail base on player's description of the action and if he/she's stat will allow that action to happen or not, then the GM determine how much fatigue resulted.

Surpass ability: Player should suggest action that is within their stat, but allow to surpass it in exchange of receiving more fatigue, but heroic effort should be rewarded.

Surpass cost: Player can only surpass max of 2 category, respectively at X2 and X3 cost.

Example: PC has Ath of Weak, he can only do 20(Weak level) push up, but push himself to do 60(Good level) this time. He willing to accept X3 fatigue cost in order to temporary perform at Good level. He succeed, and (most likely) become unconscious where he's Gym teacher award him favors.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:00:45 AM by shinyjam »

Maid Xan~

« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2009, 12:05:19 AM »
I HAVE RETURNED!
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2009, 01:17:07 AM »
No game tonight guys.. astral's might pulls us back  :-

EDIT:

The game is on tonight as usual. see ya!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:59:14 AM by wrathie »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
Tonights log.

there might be a game tmrw. pm me if parties are willing.

and i'm going to kill the clown who edited my username again.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2009, 01:05:09 AM »
and i'm going to kill the clown who edited my username again.

Ooh, ooh, how tsundere~

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »
I'm interested in trying this out now that I have some time to spare. Can someone tell me if there are any games open and what I might have to know? (I've already read the rulebook, btw). My current timezone is GMT+7. I'm free most days except late on some evenings (beyond 6PM) and weekends.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:12:55 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »
Refer here. I am not a host btw.

Serp

« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »
Is this a log in my post or am I just happy to see you?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2009, 04:04:06 AM »
I'm interested in trying this out now that I have some time to spare. Can someone tell me if there are any games open and what I might have to know? (I've already read the rulebook, btw). My current timezone is GMT+7. I'm free most days except late on some evenings (beyond 6PM) and weekends.

Read Trance's game setup, he is GMT +8 and so it might work.
Probably weekday nights

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2009, 05:36:02 AM »

Read Trance's game setup, he is GMT +8 and so it might work.
Probably weekday nights

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Signing up for Trance's game then.

Aww...only one maid type? T_T

Name: Tsukishiro Oyuki
Outfit: Amazon Armour (o_O)

Athletics: 5 (4+1)
Affection: 3 (2+1)
Skill: 5 (4+1)
Cunning: 1 (2-1)
Luck: 1
Will: 3

Maid Type: Pure
Special Qualities:
Injury - whip scars (?!)
Princess (?!!)
Nekomimi (?!!!!) m(>_<)m

Weapon: Shuriken/Kunai \(^o^)/
Maid Roots: Slave (?!!!!!!!!!!) (o_O)
Stress Explosion: Crying (T_T)
Maid Power: Giant Weapon

Ok, I think that's everything....

N.B.: ....interesting name change....-_-

EDIT: Just a heads-up. I may be able to play on certain Saturdays, particularly during the day.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:15:24 PM by <Insert Witty Jew of The Day Here> »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2009, 03:17:27 AM »
Here we go: for Trance's game
and i'm in all the games ya noe..

Name: Hibiki Schwel
Outfit: Queens Robe

Athletics: 3
Affection: 4 (3+1)
Skill: 2
Cunning: 2 (1+1)
Luck: 3 (2+1)
Will: 2 (3-1)

Maid Type: Sexy
Special Qualities:
Criminal Tendencies: Kleptomaniac
Angel and Devil
Absurd: Runaway Ninja

Weapon: Kantana
Maid Roots: Returning a Favor
Stress Explosion: Alcohol/Drugs
Maid Power: Power of Friendship

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2009, 05:28:14 AM »
just a reminder.. there might be a game today..

so report in, Anathe, astral, theorist and xan

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2009, 05:50:40 AM »
Hey guys.

Proposing a dry run (No Maptools) on IRC, report in #touhou-meido at around sometime between... Erh, Should be around 12:00 PM GMT+0000.

That's 9:00~ PM in GMT+0800, and I will wait until 9:30 PM to get everyone in.

Shout-outs in particular to MtG, who isn't in IRC right now.

Maid Xan~

« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2009, 05:54:36 AM »
For Trances

Name: Mai Adrea

Outfit: Amazon Armor
Hair colour: Gold
Eye colour: Orange

Ath: 5 (3+2)
Aff: 3
Skl: 2 (2+1-1)
Cnn: 2
Lck: 1
Wll: 2

Weapon: Claws
Maid Type: Boyish
Special Qualities: Elf Ears, Injury-One Eye, Devil
Maid Roots: Self-Punishment
Stress Explosion: Sleep
Maid Power: Giant Weapon

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »
also for Trance's

Name: Izumi Kazuno

Outfit: Black Garments
Hair color: White
Eye Color: Red

Ath: 2 (+1)    3
Aff: 3 (+/-0)  3