Author Topic: Three Daily Touhou Bests!  (Read 145464 times)

Re: Three Daily Touhou Bests!
« Reply #630 on: January 18, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »
Shuusou Gyoku midboss.  Was this supposed to be hard?

Patchy, Kogasa, and that MS card dude all have about one fun pattern each.  That's pretty good as far as Extra midbosses go.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #631 on: January 18, 2010, 06:12:38 AM »
That Damn Glowing Orb. No really.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ebarrett

« Reply #632 on: January 18, 2010, 06:13:43 AM »
Kogasa by a very, very wide margin. HMs to HOHO I'M DERANGED MIKO Sanae and LLS's circleballorbthing.

« Reply #633 on: January 18, 2010, 08:51:20 AM »
Keine, since she is the only one (out of the two Extra midbosses I have actually fought; the other one being Chen) whose attacks I can somewhat deal with.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #634 on: January 18, 2010, 09:15:30 AM »
Non-game characters aren't real.  Favorite figment I guess goes to Youki (blame the Life of Maid ones for that).

Background has to go to the Radioactive Cat, but Shinki, Eirin and Sakuya all get HMs.

Death Fairy I hand to EoSD Extra's; as bad as I am at it (pretty bad, actually), it's during one of my favorite parts of the music. :V

Title: I've always had a few favorites: Super Youkai Warhead probably takes this, but Fantasy Legend puts up a very strong fight, as do Hell's Traffic Accident, Flower Master of the Four Seasons, The Cheery Forgotten Umbrella, The Little Pandemonium, The Closed Eyes of Love, and especially The Crimson Watchguard.

Extra midboss: Despite the fact that I'm terrible at her cards, this I give to Horatio Keine.  HM to Patchy, who is fun, and Kanako, who is easy.  And Nue. (If you don't get it, you need to play LLS more.)

HOHO I'M DERANGED MIKO Sanae
I lol'd.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #635 on: January 18, 2010, 09:34:52 AM »
Ex-Keine, because I play IN extra the most. And because they're just plain fun.

Formless God

« Reply #636 on: January 18, 2010, 10:19:43 AM »
Kanako and Kogasa.

I still remember myself doing their spell cards effortlessly while listening to the sound of everyone's jaws dropping all the way to the floor *_*

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #637 on: January 18, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
Hakutaku Keine

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #638 on: January 18, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
Yuki and Mai.

[/Samidare]

Gpop

« Reply #639 on: January 18, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Ex-Keine only because I can capture all of her cards 99% of the time. HM to Chen as she's also really fun and easy.

« Reply #640 on: January 18, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »
I hate them all.

But if I had to pick I'd choose Patchouli.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #641 on: January 18, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »
Yuka

Lots of variation in attacks.

Spoiler:
See if you can figure out what I mean.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #642 on: January 18, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »
Yuka

Lots of variation in attacks.

Spoiler:
See if you can figure out what I mean.
I hate how all her bullets suddenly speed up a ton right before she switches waves. Although, thats probably just because of slowdown... ^^;

Anyway, Kogasa. She's got pretty fun spellcards, and really; that last one makes me freak out no matter how good I am at it. Its awesome.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #643 on: January 18, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
Kogasa probably. Most of the Windows ones are pretty bad.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #644 on: January 18, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
Kogasa's fight won my heart because of the laughing music in the background. And her cards are just so much fun to fight~

« Reply #645 on: January 18, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
Kanako's spellcards in Extra Stage are really fun, especially her second, which is like loleasy for me now. Honorable mention to Chen for being the second easiest (for me, anyway). :V

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #646 on: January 18, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »
Kanako probably, her cards are awesome and I can capture them consistently. Espescially like her last one, I'm using a very weird movement tactic which somehow turns out the same every single time.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #647 on: January 18, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
In general I don't really like the Extra midboss fights, so I have to give this one to
That Damn Glowing Orb. Midboss Nue.
Nice and random, not too difficult, and the whole 'fight', if you can call it that, is survival and keeps changing phases before any of them get boring. :V
Let's fight.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #648 on: January 18, 2010, 11:27:10 PM »
Favorite Death Fairy?

Only seen 1 (PCB) and I hate her, so I'm gonna go with whoever said Lily.

Favorite Character Title/Description Text

Hells Traffic Accident made me laugh out loud when I first saw it, so it wins.

HMs to Symbol of loneliness and death (S. Aki), Half-human Half-ghost and Half-baked, and Turtle

Extra Stage Midboss

Never fought one. :V I like Ran and Kogasa though, so lets go with that.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #649 on: January 19, 2010, 12:28:30 AM »
every bone in my body resists the idea of voting Kanako favorite anything.

This, even though I dont even have to bother contemplating the idea :V

Anyway, Patchy. Because shes Patchy.

« Reply #650 on: January 19, 2010, 12:58:16 AM »
I'm going to be totally honest and say that I completely forgot to make a question for today. :V

Favorite character title: I'll be boring and say Hell's Traffic Accident and Nagging Helpful Lecturer or whatever Shiki's title is in StB. HM to Hyperactive Monster Cat.

Favorite Extra midboss: Kogasa. She used to be completely impossible for me, but after figuring her out, she's actually ridiculously fun to fight. That, and seeing her as the Extra midboss was a genuine shocker, especially since everyone mocked her for her "power to surprise humans."

« Reply #651 on: January 19, 2010, 04:19:08 AM »
So since Shim is back, I don't have to forget to put up questions anymore :V
However, this is one that I've been wanting to ask for the past few days, so...

What is your favorite survival card?

The ones where you can't hit the boss (MAlice Cannon on Possessed by Phoenix doesn't count), and your only option is to time it out. In case you can't remember them, every Windows Extra boss has one as their penultimate card, Murasa and Aya have one on Normal and above, along with Ressurection Butterfly, Hourai Elixer, Kaguya's Last Spells, and Yukari, Marisa and Reimu's Last Words. Not sure about PC-98 bosses.

I'm gonna go with Response [Youkai Polygraph] on this one. Koishi has to have the most flat-out fun bossfight in the series, and Youkai Polygraph is just a blast to play, I think. The amount of grazewhoring you can do is also delightful.
HM to Flandre's Secret [And Then There Will Be None?] for being fun in general, plus surviving the last few seconds makes you feel like fuck yeah I just did that.

Very dishonorable mention to Murasa's Sinking Vortex card which has put an end to so many perfect UFO Stage 4 runs :(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:18:23 AM by Serafie »

« Reply #652 on: January 19, 2010, 04:21:06 AM »
Kokkuri-san's Contract, for being one of the few I can consistently do.

HM to Illusionary Dominance for being intense random dodging.

« Reply #653 on: January 19, 2010, 04:22:44 AM »
Yuitia.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #654 on: January 19, 2010, 04:28:20 AM »
Probably...Possessed by Phoenix, I think.

Also, I think anyone who wants to ask questions is encouraged.  I have a good one for tomorrow night, but otherwise, fire away, people.  I guess we should organize it somehow.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #655 on: January 19, 2010, 04:30:30 AM »
Not sure about PC-98 bosses.
Nope... unless you want to count those timeout phases in LLS.

Anyways, going with "Peerless BS Wind God" (and nothing lower). Followed by "Suwa War".

DHM to Ghost "-foo-" for being easier at higher difficulties, and harder at the lower end (that is, Normal).
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #656 on: January 19, 2010, 04:31:44 AM »
I'll have to say Response [Youkai Polygraph] as well, since the concept is really cool and the pattern is awesome as well. Second place is [Nightmare of Heiankyou], because it looks really fun to do.

Funny, earlier today I was hoping for this question to come up here.

« Reply #657 on: January 19, 2010, 04:32:39 AM »
Nightmare of Heiankyou

Honorable mentions to Rising World(even though I can't go against it yet), Profound Field, Kokkuri-san's Contract/Boundary of Humans and Youkai.

Dishonorable mentions to And Then Will There Be None, Peerless Wind God, and Hourai Elixir Lunatic
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:36:31 AM by Enigma »

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #658 on: January 19, 2010, 04:32:56 AM »
Ghost "Sinker Ghost" for pulling a Kogasa on me

Formless God

« Reply #659 on: January 19, 2010, 05:24:04 AM »
Formless Peerless Wind God

HM to Boundary of Human and Youkai, Youkai Polygraph and Nightmare of Heiankyou for being both intimidating and loleasy at the same time.