Author Topic: Three Daily Touhou Bests!  (Read 145504 times)

ebarrett

Re: Three Daily Touhou Bests!
« Reply #570 on: January 16, 2010, 04:14:38 AM »
IN's FinalB twin deathfairies.

« Reply #571 on: January 16, 2010, 04:16:55 AM »
To be fair, I'm only giving questions earlier because I'm forced to, so :V

Pretty much all death fairies are annoying, but I guess...the dual death fairies at the start of FinalB in IN.

Very very very dishonorable mention to the death fairy at the end of PCB Stage 4 for being retarded and stupid.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #572 on: January 16, 2010, 04:18:31 AM »
Fav Death fairy? These are the strong fairies before a final stage/extra stage boss right? Since I have only gotten that far in EoSD... I would have to say EoSD >.<

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #573 on: January 16, 2010, 04:40:19 AM »
The death fairies are the fairies, one per game, that appear and fire a shit ton of bullets and usually are tougher than the average fairy to boot (I never really considered the twin fairies in final B as death fairies since the method to kill them makes them really easy). As I consider them, they are in:

EoSD extra
PCB stage 4
IN extra
MoF stage 6
SA stage 4
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #574 on: January 16, 2010, 04:43:03 AM »
I hate them all.

PCB's has some nice background music though. ^_^

nintendonut888

« Reply #575 on: January 16, 2010, 04:46:26 AM »
Cherry PCB's death fairy is easy if you go off to the side in the beginning. That's the only hard part.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #576 on: January 16, 2010, 04:48:26 AM »
How are you supposed to deal with the IN Stage 6 ones anyway?

The way I do it is to just press X.

nintendonut888

« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2010, 05:02:15 AM »
Position your hitbox above the youkai kanji on the human/youkai bar, when the fairies fire, stream right. When one dies, stream the other way.

Or at least that's how the border team does it. Anyone else is just screwed. :V

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2010, 05:17:16 AM »
Lily White.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2010, 06:17:54 AM »
SA Stage 4

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #580 on: January 16, 2010, 07:33:13 AM »
Who is your favorite death fairy?

HM to the pre-Utsuho souls in SA stage 6 if they count. Otherwise, probably the MoF stage 6 fairy.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #581 on: January 16, 2010, 08:33:34 AM »
Changing my vote to Lily Black if she counts.

Actually, fuck it, I say she counts. Donut gave me YuugenMagan on the hair question, I'm giving him Lily Black on this one.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #582 on: January 16, 2010, 09:09:08 AM »
Yup. Lily Black. No contest here.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #583 on: January 16, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
EoSD extra
PCB stage 4
IN extra
MoF stage 6
SA stage 4

No mention to MS stage 1 deathfairy?  :V

I'll go with EoSD extra's for fun dodging.
HM to IN for being one of the attacks with the most bullets onscreen.

« Reply #584 on: January 16, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »
IN - Fills the screen, looks impossible and can easily get done consistently allowing for showing off!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #585 on: January 16, 2010, 12:53:48 PM »
Pre-Mokou Death Fairy.

Or Lily White.

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #586 on: January 16, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »
That bunny fairy that appears before Mokou.
HM's to Lily White and Lily Black.

Gpop

« Reply #587 on: January 16, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
Yeah you know what? Fuck that Lily White all the fucking way (and Lily Black, and she's equally as cool).

HM to all others BUT EoSD fairy.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #588 on: January 16, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »
Should the LLS stage 4 midboss be counted as a death fairy? It definitely looks fairy-esque and is easily more lethal than any other death fairy.

Not that I'd vote for it, though.

Spring is drawing closer and closer...
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

nintendonut888

« Reply #590 on: January 16, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »
Should the LLS stage 4 midboss be counted as a death fairy? It definitely looks fairy-esque and is easily more lethal than any other death fairy.

Not that I'd vote for it, though.

Spring is drawing closer and closer...

One of the defining characteristics of a death fairy to me is that they don't have a lifebar and therefore aren't proper midbosses. They simply appear and look the same as a normal fairy, but have a lot more firepower. But if you guys want to include them, I'm not gonna stop you.

@Jaimers: I once gave that fairy a mock-tragic story about how she worked so hard to become a midboss, inspiring all of her friends, and then the heroine just mows over her like she's nothing. :V

ebarrett

« Reply #591 on: January 16, 2010, 07:12:19 PM »
@Jaimers: I once gave that fairy a mock-tragic story about how she worked so hard to become a midboss, inspiring all of her friends, and then the heroine just mows over her like she's nothing. :V
She certainly did inspire a few - when I see any MS midboss I immediately think, "free resources! stage stalling! probably couldn't lose a life here if I tried!"

« Reply #592 on: January 16, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »
Lily White.

HM to Lily Black.

I don't care for any actual death fairies.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #593 on: January 16, 2010, 11:12:32 PM »
IN - Fills the screen, looks impossible and can easily get done consistently allowing for showing off!
It's still a forced bomb to me. I can get through most of Mokou and capture it, and that is still messing me up.

« Reply #594 on: January 16, 2010, 11:17:13 PM »
Border team, I just safespot that thing. Anything else is an autobomb, though I have captured it a few times when I had no bombs, I'm not consistent at it.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #595 on: January 17, 2010, 01:53:59 AM »
Lily Black inspires blind, mindless rage whenever I have to fight her, so she wins this. Lily White is less cool, but decent.

HM goes to SA stage 4 fairy, who you can bomb for free, since she gives you back the power you lost in bombing her and then some. 8)

« Reply #596 on: January 17, 2010, 01:59:37 AM »
I also have a question in mind, but I'd obviously wait for approval.

« Reply #597 on: January 17, 2010, 02:11:51 AM »
Yeah, Lily black. No contest here

nintendonut888

« Reply #598 on: January 17, 2010, 02:35:30 AM »
I also have a question in mind, but I'd obviously wait for approval.

DENIED No, go ahead.

« Reply #599 on: January 17, 2010, 02:40:31 AM »
Okay

What is your favorite character title/description text?

In case that confused anyone, these are things like Reimu's Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise, Sakuya's Perfect and Elegant Maid, Marisa's Ordinary Magician, etc.

If you need to, look them up on the wiki. Even the midboss only ones have these, and it's different for some characters in different games.

For me, Hell's Traffic Accident

Honorable Mentions to Super Youkai Warhead, Little Sweet Poison(despite how much I hate Medicine), and Thoughtless Not-so-Thoughtless Daughter of the Heavens.

Edited because that Kaguya title mentioned on the IN Character page wasn't an actual one.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:44:11 AM by Enigma »