Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163064 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #810 on: December 26, 2009, 04:10:54 AM »
The only real complaint I have is how while most of the hard parts are designed to make use of UFOs to clear them (blue spam in stage 3, wall spam in stage 4, etc.), that's a dumb reason to throw stuff like that so liberally.
Stage 3 blue orb spam is easier than you think (hint: micromem).

Stage 4 walls... I think you should be more specific about it. If it's the red orbs, it's pure dodging and by using a Forward Type, you're obviously going to have more trouble with it than with say... Homing.
Even then it isn't that bad. There's also a trick to "trivialize" the waves by a certain amount, but I obviously can't show you that, and I'm not sure which one of my replays would show this.

Stage 5 walls... same as above.

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I believe the UFO color changes are consistent, except that the timer will freeze if you're within a certain distance of it (the UFO will stop flashing when you're within this range).  So, if you follow a UFO while you're waiting for it to change, it won't change because you're too close.
This is correct.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:12:31 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #811 on: December 26, 2009, 05:03:29 AM »
Stage 3 walls...micromemorizable? I-impossible. D:

Also, I think I just understood the logic behind the UFO changing thing. By having them not change when you got near, it's supposed to preserve the one you are trying to get, so it doesn't change the split-second before you grab it. Of course, as it turns out, we expect it to be a set interval so we end up hovering around it waiting for it to change and...yeah. :x
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Formless God

« Reply #812 on: December 26, 2009, 05:44:54 AM »
Are we talking about the blue orb spam at the beginning and after the purple walls after Midboss!Ichirin ?

Are they even possible ? ._.

« Reply #813 on: December 26, 2009, 06:58:30 AM »
Stage 3 walls...micromemorizable? I-impossible. D:

Also, I think I just understood the logic behind the UFO changing thing. By having them not change when you got near, it's supposed to preserve the one you are trying to get, so it doesn't change the split-second before you grab it. Of course, as it turns out, we expect it to be a set interval so we end up hovering around it waiting for it to change and...yeah. :x

I'm honestly surprised you didn't know that. I thought everyone figured that out like a day after the release at the latest. :(

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #814 on: December 26, 2009, 07:02:43 AM »
I'm honestly surprised you didn't know that. I thought everyone figured that out like a day after the release at the latest. :(

Um... I didn't know that either, actually.

nintendonut888

« Reply #815 on: December 26, 2009, 07:09:44 AM »
Then prove it! :[ I have realized actually that in the first wave I survive more often on the left side, but I want hard data! HARD DATA! :shakefist:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

« Reply #816 on: December 26, 2009, 08:58:24 AM »
Ah ha ha, that was a crazy run. I very randomly decided to do a full run of UFO lunatic for the first time since my infamous 1cc. I did rather badly, screwing up my UFO chains from the very beginning, making dumb mistakes like dying with full bombs against Kogasa immediately after dying...but then pulling holy shit crazy stuff like moving through the triangle walls in stage 3 and capturing King Kraken Strike and surviving the random spam after the streaming bit of stage 4. I game overed on Vajra, but considering this was a bad run and I still got that far, I'm considering it an accomplishment.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:06:29 AM by nintendonut888 »

Formless God

« Reply #817 on: December 26, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
I've finally found a way to do Magic Butterfly consistently on Lunatic :V

Even at one power :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #818 on: December 26, 2009, 01:29:17 PM »
Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I believe the UFO color changes are consistent, except that the timer will freeze if you're within a certain distance of it (the UFO will stop flashing when you're within this range).  So, if you follow a UFO while you're waiting for it to change, it won't change because you're too close.
* Sapz facepalms

Now I feel really stupid for not noticing this. I'd much rather it was the same timing all the time, but if that's how it works then that's fair enough, I suppose.
Also, I love that it says "NO MORE UFO" right under your Nue avatar.
Nue's an exception because her only appearance in UFO Lunatic is to give you much-needed free stuff. :P
>:(
Quiet, you, I want a day off. :V
Let's fight.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #819 on: December 26, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »
What with all of the popularity of perfecting PCB Alice recently, I wanted in.  However, since I already had a perfect run of Stage 3 from a while back, I felt I had to step it up a notch, so I've worked on this one on and off for the last few days.

PCB Stage 3, No Focus/No Deaths/No Bombs/No Borders Broken
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Drake

« Reply #820 on: December 26, 2009, 07:30:51 PM »
Now I feel really stupid for not noticing this. I'd much rather it was the same timing all the time, but if that's how it works then that's fair enough, I suppose.
what

Yes, that's how it works. Using it properly is how you keep the strategy for getting Red UFOs in Stage 1. If you don't, then you miss having 5 lives at the end of Stage 1.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #821 on: December 26, 2009, 07:41:46 PM »
what

Yes, that's how it works. Using it properly is how you keep the strategy for getting Red UFOs in Stage 1. If you don't, then you miss having 5 lives at the end of Stage 1.

You can have 5 lives at the end of stage 1? :V That means you're getting two more red UFOs than me. I suppose I see how it's possible, but isn't that a little too risky?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #822 on: December 26, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »
Replay please, must know how to do this UFO route for stage 1  :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #823 on: December 26, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
Replay please, must know how to do this UFO route for stage 1  :V
Have a video instead. Assuming you mean 5 lives as in four spare, that is; if you mean 5 spare, I have no idea how to do that. And I was restarting whenever I didn't get to Stage 2 at 4/2, so yeah. :V
Let's fight.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #824 on: December 26, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »
Have a video instead. Assuming you mean 5 lives as in four spare, that is; if you mean 5 spare, I have no idea how to do that. And I was restarting whenever I didn't get to Stage 2 at 4/2, so yeah. :V
Well, I know how to do that, but I favor going for a green UFO at the end of the stage so I can end with 2 Red UFOs. I find it to be more effective, making up for the loss of half a life with 1.33 bombs and better UFO chaining for stage 2.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #825 on: December 26, 2009, 10:58:08 PM »
I just dodged a full wave of Catwalk. That's enough of an accomplishment in of itself (and the first time I've done so in a long time), but the reason it's worth posting is because I did it with the self-given handicap of playing while wearing gloves.

Speaking of which Sapz, go perfect EoSD extra while wearing gloves! >:D Either that, or do the "focus dancing" challenge. You need SOMETHING to do, right? ;)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #826 on: December 26, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »
Speaking of which Sapz, go perfect EoSD extra while wearing gloves! >:D Either that, or do the "focus dancing" challenge. You need SOMETHING to do, right? ;)
Innnteresting idea... were they thick gloves, then? Although, I can see play becoming difficult with any kind of gloves. :V I still have a few achievements I need to finish off first, but after that those are fair game~
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #827 on: December 26, 2009, 11:24:15 PM »
Innnteresting idea... were they thick gloves, then? Although, I can see play becoming difficult with any kind of gloves. :V I still have a few achievements I need to finish off first, but after that those are fair game~
wear mittens for an extra challenge

nintendonut888

« Reply #828 on: December 26, 2009, 11:42:11 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6620

This is the most inconsistent replay I have ever uploaded. Watch me utterly fail all of SA stage 5 (on purpose in the first half mind you, since I was just screwing around), game over on Orin's second non-spell, but capture Catwalk and the post-midboss section.

Drake

« Reply #829 on: December 26, 2009, 11:55:06 PM »
Hahaha, you guys haven't figured it out. Alrighty, I'll upload something.
EDIT: I'm half-lying, I do mean getting five lives. I also mean having two red UFOs at the end of Stage 1.

I do mess up on Stage 2, so follow this crappy write-up while watching it.

-You start with three lives and no UFOs.
-Before midboss Nazrin you have two UFOs, and two life pieces. The last fairy before Nazrin isn't killed immediately.
-At Busy Rod, when the UFO comes towards me you hover over it for a bit to prevent it from flying away, and from changing colors. When it comes back to you, summon the UFO and beat Nazrin.
-With proper timing, the UFO will fill up and explode at about the same point as a red multi UFO appears. You can grab both right away.
-You grab the last red UFO one or two fairies after the last UFO in the stage pops up. The UFO summoned will drop a red multi, and the last one will turn red at about the same time.
-Beat Nazrin, and you end Stage 1 with 5 lives and two red UFOs.

-Hover over the first multi in Stage 2 until the yin-yangs on the side appear. Kill the yin-yangs, grab red UFO. What I didn't do here was blow up the UFO when the fairies start shooting. If you do that, then you can grab both red multis easily.
-Next wave is different for other characters, but I just try to maximize the items I get for the next wave. The way I do this lets me grab items and have the UFO turn red as it gets to me.
-I mess up the next part. Summon the UFO, but kill the middle fairy before the UFO explodes, so the red multi flies toward you, and you get both stars. At midboss Kogasa, you should have six lives and two red UFOs.
-Get the next UFO, don't die stupidly like I did. You should have a life and a piece ahead of me by now.
-Pseudo-stream the purple shots and bomb at the center-left of the screen; the UFO should explode and the two red multis should fly right towards you. Oops, I didn't follow my own instruction, so I die again, and swipe a green UFO by accident as well. Instead, obviously get the reds and attempt to fill and blow it up before Kogasa appears.
-Beat Kogasa. If you do everything right, you should have 8 lives and no more UFOs.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:51:08 AM by Drake »

« Reply #830 on: December 27, 2009, 01:21:34 AM »
Making very small dents here and there for 1cc'ing IN Lunatic. Got up to Tewi, had a pretty good Marisa fight (managed to capture double-spark). Still need to get a better Mystia (I hate her non-cards) and Keine (I get overwhelmed easily). Probably could have gotten considerably further (getting the 800 point and Tewi extends) had I not RUN INTO A FUCKING BULLET in early stage 5, forcing me to deathbomb (went into stage 5 with 0/3).

EDIT:
-At Busy Rod, when the UFO comes towards me you hover over it for a bit to prevent it from flying away, and from changing colors. When it comes back to you, summon the UFO and beat Nazrin.
I didn't know that staying near the UFOs also delays the time in which they leave the field. I thought it only delayed the color change. o_O
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:34:51 AM by WinDEU »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #831 on: December 27, 2009, 09:31:16 AM »
Ye gods, I hate Aya so much it's not even funny.

MoF Normal 1cc with ReimuC.  5 deaths.  One on Aya's first card...there is absolutely no reason for a spell card like that on Normal.  1 on Sanae's Moses's Miracle by derping into the wall, one on Rice Porridge (which is easier on Lunatic than Normal/Hard), and two on the knife card because I never learned how to do it on Normal.

So yeah, I hate Aya, and ReimuC is godawful.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #832 on: December 27, 2009, 09:50:55 AM »
I once reached Sanae with Reimu C on lunatic. :V I don't know how.

Anyway, I just attempted to score on EoSD extra to be different. So hear me: 194 million is what happens when I actually try to reach the point of collection as much as possible. Take that however it is supposed to be taken (I think the WR is something like 600 million so ;>_>).

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #833 on: December 27, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »
So yeah, I hate Aya, and ReimuC is godawful.

I once reached Sanae with Reimu C on lunatic. :V I don't know how.

How can I resist? :V
MoF lunatic 1cc with ReimuC.
Ended 3/4.

Absolutely horrible run, especially my performance on VoWG. I timed this thing out, I should be able to capture it with ReimuC for God's sake.
Incredibly derp deaths everywhere, especially in stage 5.

Spoiler:
This was my first attempt.

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #834 on: December 27, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »
UFO Stage 3 ReimuA, No Deaths/No Bombs

I wasn't going to leave it at just a No Death/No Bomb run with ReimuB.  Homing shot for the pre-boss spam?  That's too easy.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #835 on: December 27, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #836 on: December 27, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »
SA Extra, No Deaths/No Bombs/No Gaps (not that gaps help anyway)

And no, that wasn't one-upping the previous poster.  The previous post being an SA Extra clear is purely coincidental.  I've wanted this for a long time, but haven't touched it much since I had a one-death run that failed on Subterranean Rose around 9 or 10 months ago.  Been working on this one on and off for the last week or two, and finally got it.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #837 on: December 27, 2009, 05:52:06 PM »
Because Donut asked so nicely~

Also Habachi is fun.

Drake

« Reply #838 on: December 27, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »
I didn't know that staying near the UFOs also delays the time in which they leave the field. I thought it only delayed the color change. o_O
It does. Try doing the same thing without moving near the UFO; it'll fly into the horizon instead of bouncing back to you.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #839 on: December 27, 2009, 07:30:20 PM »
Hourai Doll timeout. Also, congrats Krim! I've been working on that too, but it seems you've beaten me to it. :P
Let's fight.