Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163021 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #780 on: December 25, 2009, 01:47:22 PM »
Finally, I can get back to Dodonpachi~
:V

Formless God

« Reply #781 on: December 25, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
Game of Rising No Vertical :V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #782 on: December 25, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »
Ha ha, Merry Christmas Sapz, I knew ya could do it. That's great news to wake up to.

EDIT: Snicker snicker snicker...your score is even worse than mine. ;)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 03:33:01 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #783 on: December 25, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
Ha ha, Merry Christmas Sapz, I knew ya could do it. That's great news to wake up to.

Thanks!

...Ahahaha, so it is, and by quite a long way, too. Does that make it the lowest scoring UFO Lunatic 1cc, then?
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #784 on: December 25, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
Actually, that's pretty "normal" considering that ReimuB is slightly worse at scoring when compared to ReimuA  :V

Does that make it the lowest scoring UFO Lunatic 1cc, then?:V
Nope, your score is still about double the amount of the lowest one. Which was a "handicapped" 0 Spell Card capture run using only green UFOs.

Nevertheless congratulations! It's not that bad, is it?  :V
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #785 on: December 25, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »
Congratulations! It's not that bad, is it?  :V
Thanks! And for how bad it was... well, the difficulty started to feel much less ridiculous once I switched to the less well fed miko. With the Reimu shot types, I have a reasonable chance at dodging almost everything with the possible exceptions of Greatest Treasure and Radiant Treasure Gun, while with SanaeB it was more a case of pure resource management, which I'm not exactly excellent at. I hear a lot about how the hitboxes don't make that much of a difference, but seeing as my King Kraken Strike histories are 4/5 with ReimuB and 1/26 with SanaeB... :V
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #786 on: December 25, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »
I hear a lot about how the hitboxes don't make that much of a difference, but seeing as my King Kraken Strike histories are 4/5 with ReimuB and 1/26 with SanaeB... :V
Varies from player to player. If you have a tendency to clip bullets often, and / or use Reimu too much ("Reimu-Hitbox Syndrome") then it's most likely that the hitbox difference will make a large difference. The other extremity is also true (that is, using a non-Reimu Shot Type regularly will most likely make the hitbox difference minor). MoF, SA and UFO would be the largest "factors" attributing to this. The other games, not so much.

For the record, I have a tendency to use multiple Shot Types per game, with the exception of MoF.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 06:21:40 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #787 on: December 25, 2009, 06:29:45 PM »
Ah, I could never stand anyone who has anything but the smallest hitbox except for PCB, where I feel for once the difference is negligible (it helps that Reimu is still sloooooow). In any game from IN on, using someone with a large hitbox makes me doubt my own abilities, leading to a severe decline in play. I may be no score runner, but I end up getting awfully close to bullets. :V It is my dream that one day ZUN will get the hint and go back to EoSD, where everyone had the same hitbox size and you could judge based on the shot type's actual merit.

Hopefully Sapz will warm up to the game, and we'll have one more person who likes UFO among our ranks. \o/
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #788 on: December 25, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »
It is my dream that one day ZUN will get the hint and go back to EoSD, where everyone had the same hitbox size
Wait, seriously?

Back to MarisA for me. :V

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #789 on: December 25, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »
Congrats Sapz, and yes, every day I thank the non-worshippers who don't donate to the Hakurei Shrine for keeping our little miko skinny as hell.  There's a reason I play Reimu types almost exclusively for any sort of perfectionist play, and only use the others for the sake of being able to say "I 1cced with [insert character here]."

Well, that's certainly a kickass Christmas present... and that makes all 9 standard Lunatics 1cc'd.

*considers being a copycat and devoting the day to finishing out SoEW and MS just to be able to say the same
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #790 on: December 25, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »
Congrats Sapz.
Thanks!
*considers being a copycat and devoting the day to finishing out SoEW and MS just to be able to say the same
Go for it. SoEW Lunatic isn't really a big deal so long as you don't stop streaming and stay the hell away from the bullets with the too-big hitboxes. MS is a fair bit tougher since it's really harsh with giving out lives, but since you've managed UFO, I imagine it won't be too difficult for you... UFO Lunatic is far harder than either, IMO.
Let's fight.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #791 on: December 25, 2009, 07:20:11 PM »
Thanks!Go for it. SoEW Lunatic isn't really a big deal so long as you don't stop streaming and stay the hell away from the bullets with the too-big hitboxes. MS is a fair bit tougher since it's really harsh with giving out lives, but since you've managed UFO, I imagine it won't be too difficult for you... UFO Lunatic is far harder than either, IMO.
> I've beaten SoEW Lunatic.
> I've beaten MS Lunatic.
> I've yet to 1cc UFO Hard.

...yeah, go for it.  And congrats, Sapz.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #792 on: December 25, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »
YES
HELL YES
FINALLY
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/Sapzdude/UFOLunatic1cc.jpg?t=1261748275[img]
UFO LUNATIC 1CC!
NEVER. AGAIN.

Haha congrats! That sure took you a while didn't it?  ;)

Ah, I could never stand anyone who has anything but the smallest hitbox except for PCB, where I feel for once the difference is negligible (it helps that Reimu is still sloooooow). In any game from IN on, using someone with a large hitbox makes me doubt my own abilities, leading to a severe decline in play. I may be no score runner, but I end up getting awfully close to bullets. :V It is my dream that one day ZUN will get the hint and go back to EoSD, where everyone had the same hitbox size and you could judge based on the shot type's actual merit.

Hopefully Sapz will warm up to the game, and we'll have one more person who likes UFO among our ranks. \o/

I would like this too actually. I always found the hitbox difference to be pretty weird.
The best shottype is mostly Reimu anyway, making the other characters double suck.

I like UFO too, so I guess you can sign me up as well. /o/

« Reply #793 on: December 25, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »
Well, i'm positive i read something on the wiki about the Hakurei amulet. That one of its abilities was to prevent Reimu from growing fat even if she eats sweets. Maybe that's the cause for smaller hit-box. Marisa - and any other playable Touhoe probably just eat a lotta sweets and get larger hitboxes than Reimu as a result! Or something...

Anyway, i like how Reimu's hitbox is smaller because it makes clipping less likely. At Lunatic mode, and sometimes Hard as well, there is a lot of attacks that require you to squeeze through tiny gaps and getting hit just because you were a pixel too far to the right is not fun.

------------------

And, i've done it. Alice have been pretty popular on these boards as far as i can see so i decided to put in my own effort as well.

Perfect Alice Lunatic. XD

I had plenty of runs where everything was perfect but Alice was being a bitch and consistently killed me with one of her attacks. I even managed to have her final non-spell and her 2nd spellcard be the cause of that.
The biggest "fuck-you" she gave me though was a completely perfect battle as well as the stage being messed up by Hanged Hourai Doll. What a miserable end to such an awesome run.

In the end, i decided to screw the stage and just go for boss perfection. Even then, i had to try about 10-15 times before the girl finally stopped teasing me with near-perfect runs.

Good fight though.

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
« Reply #794 on: December 25, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »
SA extra is finally down, bwa ha ha!
Entered Subterranean Rose 1/4.00, cleared at a very tense 0/0.00.
All that's left is, let's see, PCB, UFO, and StB.
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #795 on: December 25, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »
Well, i'm positive i read something on the wiki about the Hakurei amulet. That one of its abilities was to prevent Reimu from growing fat even if she eats sweets. Maybe that's the cause for smaller hit-box. Marisa - and any other playable Touhoe probably just eat a lotta sweets and get larger hitboxes than Reimu as a result! Or something...

It keeps her on the Border between Anorexia and Death :V As in, it keeps her as thin as it's naturally possible to get without dying. Of course no one else is as thin~ And it doesn't let her get any thinner because then it would have to use up its power to keep her alive. That and because we'd get stuck with Skeleton Reimu, which no one wants :P

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #796 on: December 25, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »
I just reached Remilia on Hard mode without vpatch :P

It's so hard... Marisa feels like she's ice skating!
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #797 on: December 25, 2009, 09:35:03 PM »
That and because we'd get stuck with Skeleton Reimu, which no one wants :P
So THAT'S what happened in MoF. :V

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #798 on: December 25, 2009, 10:29:32 PM »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #799 on: December 25, 2009, 11:12:20 PM »
> I've beaten SoEW Lunatic.
> I've beaten MS Lunatic.
> I've yet to 1cc UFO Hard.

...yeah, go for it.  And congrats, Sapz.
Thanks! And hard as UFO is, I'd say you can definitely manage a Hard 1cc if you've got MS Lunatic under your belt. Which bits are giving you trouble?
Haha congrats! That sure took you a while didn't it?  ;)
Thanks. Yeah, yeah, I blame the delays entirely on Sanae needing to go on a diet. :V And good job with the Butterfly Delusion challenge.

Anywho, UFO Lunatic 1cc is now on YouTube~
Let's fight.

« Reply #800 on: December 26, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »
It keeps her on the Border between Anorexia and Death :V As in, it keeps her as thin as it's naturally possible to get without dying. Of course no one else is as thin~ And it doesn't let her get any thinner because then it would have to use up its power to keep her alive. That and because we'd get stuck with Skeleton Reimu, which no one wants :P

Nobody would want a skeleton Reimu. That amulet sure is wonderous. Maybe if we could mass produce them. Then everyone could have smaller hitboxes and everyone could remain thin!

nintendonut888

« Reply #801 on: December 26, 2009, 12:43:10 AM »
* Donut pants heavily

You have NO idea how much work I've had to do to upload this! MERRY CHRISTMAS GOD DAMMIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0uG9beNPg

« Reply #802 on: December 26, 2009, 01:17:27 AM »
Suddenly i lost all my UFO data. Or part of it. A tas'ed UFO lunatic 1cc to unlock practice start remains but all my Hard mode and Extra mode progress is gone...

Well, whatever. I beat UFO Hard mode again. Finished with four lives. I have now rooted out the biggest nuisance with UFO. The danmaku is mostly fine but the UFO system is making the game feel worse than it is. I think i had three instances where a red UFO changed color just as i was about to pick it up. The power system is also quite irritating but not as much as the UFO system. Now i can only count 7 attacks that i consider cheap. Sweet. Maybe i should go consult the help topic about those.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 01:21:57 AM by Zengeku »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #803 on: December 26, 2009, 01:20:16 AM »
The danmaku is mostly fine but the UFO system is making the game feel worse than it is.
Agreed completely. This has been my mindset for the last couple of months. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #804 on: December 26, 2009, 01:26:36 AM »
Agreed completely. This has been my mindset for the last couple of months. :V

I only just realized it a week or so ago. I came to the conclusion that just because Lunatic isn't for everyone, doesn't mean the game sucks. Of course, being the part-time game reviewer i am i still analyzed it for all its flaws and yes - the only real problem with the game is the UFO system. (Doesn't save ZUN from getting beat with a bat though.)

nintendonut888

« Reply #805 on: December 26, 2009, 01:34:22 AM »
The only real complaint I have is how while most of the hard parts are designed to make use of UFOs to clear them (blue spam in stage 3, wall spam in stage 4, etc.), that's a dumb reason to throw stuff like that so liberally.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #806 on: December 26, 2009, 02:02:47 AM »
The only real complaint I have is how while most of the hard parts are designed to make use of UFOs to clear them (blue spam in stage 3, wall spam in stage 4, etc.), that's a dumb reason to throw stuff like that so liberally.
Those are annoying, but another big complaint I have with the system is that the time it takes for a UFO to change colour is inconsistent. So many times I felt cheated out of a possible 1cc because a UFO randomly decided to kick back and wait an extra couple of seconds before changing, either getting me killed or messing up my entire chain (or more likely both).
Let's fight.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #807 on: December 26, 2009, 02:17:19 AM »
Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I believe the UFO color changes are consistent, except that the timer will freeze if you're within a certain distance of it (the UFO will stop flashing when you're within this range).  So, if you follow a UFO while you're waiting for it to change, it won't change because you're too close.

Also, I love that it says "NO MORE UFO" right under your Nue avatar.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Bananamatic

« Reply #808 on: December 26, 2009, 03:15:47 AM »
Current goals: ~
>:(

Formless God

« Reply #809 on: December 26, 2009, 04:02:43 AM »
I like UFO too, so I guess you can sign me up as well. /o/

Count me in :V

Oh, and Dodonpachi looks fun. I'll probably give it a try some day :V