Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162600 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #720 on: December 22, 2009, 09:32:37 PM »
Pretty sure I've done it before, but I just did it on camera again for good measure and perfected the stage portion along with it.
First attempt. Not worth uploading.

You're just saying that because you actually game overed on her

Also, Alice has one difficult non-spell (and another if you don't kill it lolfast with Marisa A), while Ichirin only has one semi-difficult one. King Kraken Strike is hard, but the rest of her isn't that bad most of the time. The only catch to Consecutive Hooks is that you need to be patient.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #721 on: December 22, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »
The only catch to Consecutive Hooks is that you need to be patient.
Dying 3 times makes me lose all the patience I could have

« Reply #722 on: December 22, 2009, 09:53:31 PM »
You're just saying that because you actually game overed on her

Also, Alice has one difficult non-spell (and another if you don't kill it lolfast with Marisa A), while Ichirin only has one semi-difficult one. King Kraken Strike is hard, but the rest of her isn't that bad most of the time. The only catch to Consecutive Hooks is that you need to be patient.

The 2nd spellcard i can't really remember much about but King Kraken Strike is more than enough argument for Ichirin being harder than Alice. I can capture Alice's spellcards pretty well but i need serious luck to capture King Kraken Strike - i can't even do it consistently on Hard mode.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #723 on: December 23, 2009, 12:50:32 AM »
Alice is harder than Ichirin.
After perfecting EX Alice, I thought it would be silly if I couldn't perfect normal Alice.
Still not sure which one of them is more difficult.  :V
These seemed sort of strange to me, since I didn't recall PCB Alice being that hard. So, I went into stage practice for a little while, and after only a few attempts managed a perfect Alice battle. Would have been a perfect Stage run except for a derp death during the post-midboss spam... maybe I'll have a go at a proper stage perfect in a little while.

...So, er, I still don't really get what's supposed to be that hard about this battle. :V I'm gonna have to disagree, I find EX-Alice and Ichirin wayyyyy more difficult.

EDIT: Having said that, Benevolent Orleans Dolls is tough. :V
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:12:26 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #724 on: December 23, 2009, 02:08:15 AM »
Just cleared SA Hard with ReimuA. Took about 2 hours to pass Stage 5 (I went out for dinner after 1-and-a-half), then another 2 hours or so for Stage 6. Turns out in this run, I managed my first captures of Nuclear Excursion and Hell's Tokamak, failing only Subterranean Sun IIRC (through "safety bombing", of course). I must say, the second sets of suns in Nuclear Excursion made it a lot harder than I thought it would be, but Hell's Tokamak was for some reason a lot easier to get used to (still not completely, but you get the idea).

Now I can practice all of Hard to my heart's content. Provided I don't get too caught up in other stuff, a Hard 1cc could be likely before mid-January (when winter break ends).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Formless God

« Reply #725 on: December 23, 2009, 03:52:35 AM »
Someone challenged me to do a :
- Half Past 2 Lunatic
- No Focus
- No Vertical
- Youmu-solo constant shooting.

It's done.

« Reply #726 on: December 23, 2009, 09:12:36 AM »
Okay. I think i'm off on a quest to beat all Stage 3 bosses perfectly.
The easiest one first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3_oK4ZnC7s
Perfect Yuugi Lunatic. I'm also stalling Wind Blowing Down From Mt. Ooe becuase i think its fun.

Next up, Hong Meiling. I don't think i'll be doing much Touhou-related before post-christmas.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:14:55 AM by Zengeku »

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #727 on: December 23, 2009, 02:25:15 PM »
Cleared PCB lunatic mode :V
with 3 continues lol.

But I only ran it for practice and didn't expect to clear it at all, but due to my many practice runs on stage 5 and 6 I managed to complete those with minimal losses.

Then the score board appeared, cards captured: 2 >.< Bombs used: 49 :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #728 on: December 23, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »
I unlocked UFO Stage 6 Lunatic for ReimuA, and now Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple, Magic Butterfly and Superhuman are no longer autobombs for me. Same goes for Kogasa's last non-card, King Kraken Strike and a load of other stuff. \o/

I still suck horribly at the stages, but I've a feeling I can fix that after some stage practice. Donut, remind me to listen to your advice more often. :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #729 on: December 23, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
I unlocked UFO Stage 6 Lunatic for ReimuA, and now Nirvana's Cloudy Way in Purple, Magic Butterfly and Superhuman are no longer autobombs for me. Same goes for Kogasa's last non-card, King Kraken Strike and a load of other stuff. \o/

I still suck horribly at the stages, but I've a feeling I can fix that after some stage practice. Donut, remind me to listen to your advice more often. :V

Anytime~ Now if only more people would listen to me...

Also I think I finally understand my problem with Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction. I never paid attention to how close the sun bullets were, leading me to get trapped.

Now if only I could STOP SCREWING UP SIMPLE DIAGONAL DODGES *insert inaudible curses here*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

« Reply #730 on: December 23, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »
I'm still honestly confused why stage 3 is so impossible. I even tried hard with Sanae B and:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6571

Beat it no bombs one death. I might add that that death would not have happened if I were using Reimu A and had her slight damage increase. I'm really not trying to troll, I want to help everyone get past this bottleneck stage.

« Reply #731 on: December 23, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »
So I tried EoSD Lunatic mode for the first time ever. Default lives of course.

Made it to stage 4 before I lost my last life on my first try. Continue then game over on Illusional Misdirection. Continue again, game over on Scarlet Meister, barely clear Scarlet Gensokyo.

Notable captures were Forest Blaze and Young Demon Lord. Almost got the Dream Vine card as well but had to bomb.

But WTF at Demarcation, Killing Doll, most of Patchy's stuff, Vampire Illusion, Scarlet gensokyo, Scarlet Meister, some of Cirno's stuff, Sakuya's opener(though this is impossible for me on Hard as well), Remilia's opener. Remilia's 3rd card seems easier than it is on Hard, but I clipdeathed it.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #732 on: December 24, 2009, 12:03:12 AM »
Donut:Two things wrong with your
I might add that that death would not have happened if I were using Reimu A and had her slight damage increase.

and

You could've gotten the rainbow UFO, and it would've saved you(without really changing your UFO route) or used that gap to the left.

nintendonut888

« Reply #733 on: December 24, 2009, 01:59:23 AM »
Nit-pick nit-pick

I wouldn't have died because with Reimu A's superior firepower those fairies would have died and I wouldn't have been trapped in the first place. Really now, the point of a shotgun type is that they're supposed to do MORE damage when shotgunning, and I was pretty close to them.

« Reply #734 on: December 24, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »
I wouldn't have died because with Reimu A's superior firepower those fairies would have died and I wouldn't have been trapped in the first place. Really now, the point of a shotgun type is that they're supposed to do MORE damage when shotgunning, and I was pretty close to them.

Spoiler:
Those fairies have static spawnpoints and can usually be killed before they can even fire.  I can trivialize them with SanaeA at 2.00 power.

:V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #735 on: December 24, 2009, 02:23:26 AM »

...Shotgun type? Uh... What? Sanae B doesn't really get any advantages for shotgunning unless she's literally on top of the enemy. It only really applies for during bombs. She's meant for spread with relatively decent power for her range, not for you to go up close and rip through the enemy without using up a bomb.

It may be a little tougher for her to deal with a lot of bosses, though not really by an insane amount, but she does absolutely amazing on stages, which is why people like her.

nintendonut888

« Reply #736 on: December 24, 2009, 02:42:39 AM »
Well, with a few exceptions, I can guarantee that Reimu A is more than competent on the stages as well, and does better on bosses. Wide range is less useful than you'd think.

Bananamatic

« Reply #737 on: December 24, 2009, 02:55:48 AM »
Well, with a few exceptions, I can guarantee that Reimu A is more than competent on the stages as well, and does better on bosses. Wide range is less useful than you'd think.
Yeah, Touhou isn't Dodonpachi :V
It's only good for scoring and Blue UFO. Really :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #738 on: December 24, 2009, 03:32:06 AM »
HELL YEAH I BEAT YUKARI~~

That leaves just Koishi and Flandre for Windows Extras to take down, and EoSD lags like woah for me, so... Koishi is all that remains more or less.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #739 on: December 24, 2009, 06:01:01 AM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #740 on: December 24, 2009, 06:17:50 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6173

A 2 death UFO lunatic 1cc?! When did this happen? o_o I think at that point it's more a matter of your skill than what shot type you use.

I guess while I'm here, I think I figured out Byakuren's first spell card at long last, because I captured it in three consecutive runs. Still a clipdeath-fest, but at least I can handle it. I think I also am starting to theorize on more practical LFO routes...

And FFFFFFFFF PoFV lunatic. I just realized that the input lag is pretty bad in the game, which certainly does not help anything. Did anyone even bother with a vsynch patch for this game?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #741 on: December 24, 2009, 06:18:53 AM »
And FFFFFFFFF PoFV lunatic. I just realized that the input lag is pretty bad in the game, which certainly does not help anything. Did anyone even bother with a vsynch patch for this game?
I don't get any...?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #742 on: December 24, 2009, 06:19:51 AM »
Did anyone even bother with a vsynch patch for this game?
Yes. It should have come with the rest of the serie's vsync .dlls in the download.

Although, I don't have any input lag in this game at all.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #743 on: December 24, 2009, 06:22:31 AM »
Well, it's certainly present in my game. >_> I can tell because Shiki is flying around everywhere out of my control, and I can attribute many hits/deaths to it. I guess I'll be picking that vsynch package up again...

« Reply #744 on: December 24, 2009, 07:01:50 AM »
Well, it's certainly present in my game. >_> I can tell because Shiki is flying around everywhere out of my control, and I can attribute many hits/deaths to it. I guess I'll be picking that vsynch package up again...

Input lag (or lack thereof) seems to differ from computer to computer and game to game.  Like how I have noticeable input lag for SA and no-one else seems to. >.>

theshirn

« Reply #745 on: December 24, 2009, 08:18:26 AM »
SIX!

PoFV Lunatic 1cc!  FINALLY!  Cirno is awesome, by the way.  One death each on Reisen, Aya and Yuka (better than usual on Aya, who frequently kills me twice or more), got to Shikieiki with 83 million, got the 90m Extend on my last life, died and finally, finally, FINALLY took her down on ROUND FREAKIN' FIVE.

Oh, and PoFV had to crash when I tried to save the replay, of course.  But HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE STRONGEST

EoSD will probably be next, then a ways off is IN, and then...the last four are going to take a WHILE.  PoDD hates me, tHRtP is stupid, SA is hard, and UFO just sucks.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #746 on: December 24, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »
Question: How is Cirno a good choice at all? I'm just wonderin', if Cirno is somehow good I'd love to 1cc with her (for the NEXT time I go mentally ill and think it's a good idea to play PoFV).

I just captured Murasa's third non-spell again. Sadly this feat was immediately followed by me getting hit by the first anchor in her third spell card (who the hell gets hit by the initial anchor?)

theshirn

« Reply #747 on: December 24, 2009, 09:00:08 AM »
Cirno
a) is fairly effective against the AI (it has issues with the icicles)
b) faces Yuka instead of Komachi - I've beaten Yuka without dying once multiple times; almost never do I get through Komachi without dying at least twice
c) her level 2 and higher freezes all bullets on the screen, Perfect Freeze style, a little after it goes off, and turns a bunch of them into cancellable bullets (spam this like crazy towards the later levels, especially on Shikieiki)
d) is the strongest!

I also am very comfortable with her speed and I like her scope; it's a little bit small, but it deploys instantly and rarely activates anything I don't want.

nintendonut888

« Reply #748 on: December 24, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
Cancellable...bullets? Explain. I do see the appeal of fighting Yuka instead of Komachi (for more than one reason), but I remember Cirno's speed being uncontrollably fast...

theshirn

« Reply #749 on: December 24, 2009, 09:07:50 AM »
Cancellable...bullets? Explain. I do see the appeal of fighting Yuka instead of Komachi (for more than one reason), but I remember Cirno's speed being uncontrollably fast...
As in, the little popcorn bullets that get cancelled when you kill enemies/activated spirits?  Around...I dunno, somewhere between a a quarter to a half (probably about a third) of all non-unique bullets (Shikieiki's hotdogs, Aya's thingies, etc.) turn into those when frozen.

Cirno is fast, yes, but I actually kind of prefer it that way.  And I much prefer Aya and Yuka to Medicine and Komachi, and I think Cirno's the only one who faces both of them.