Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162603 times)

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #690 on: December 21, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »

AAAARGGHH one death during the stage portion.  Why didn't I restart?!

I also totally got hit during Yukari's Spiriting Away and it didn't count because a border wore off at the exact same time.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #691 on: December 21, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
Does that include PoFV Extra no deaths?

Cause that would be pretty hard too.
You'd probably want to try to get a low score when doing that, because the more lives you have, the longer the timer will be. Any extra time having to fight Shikieiki is NOT WELCOME KTHNX
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #692 on: December 21, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
I don't think you can avoid a 2 minute Shikieiki or Reimu fight in a no death attempt. It's 50 seconds first time without lives and 2 minutes otherwise. And there's no way you're avoiding the 5,000,000 extend.

Edit: Could be wrong and it's 2 spare lives, but that isn't likely to be avoided either.

Edit:

Ya, definitely go with Cirno. Or Tewi if you don't mind being a little cheap, but make sure to stay above 2 just in case. With Tewi, I still only got to stage 6 before dying, but it happened after the timer ran out.

Edit, yet again: Any spare lives and it's a 2 minute Shikieiki/Reimu fight. Tried again and made it to Medicine with Tewi without dying then messed up with a few seconds on the timer, then I had 2 stupid deaths on Komachi, then 2 stupid deaths on Shikieiki since the first one couldn't exactly be called stupid since it'd be hard for anyone to survive 2 minutes. Ya, I didn't even clear it that time, even though I should have.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:08:39 PM by Enigma »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #693 on: December 21, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »
Gah hah! If only PoFV were always this nice, I wouldn't hate it so much. Normal 1cc with Yuka, the only person I ever feel like playing as.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Shanghai Alice

• Border of Fail
  • Mo, Mosou Machine (Disillusionment Machine)
« Reply #694 on: December 21, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »
I beat EoSD after only using one continue!

...on normal.

Did I mention that I SUCK at these games?
...you know that what I said was one giant lie, right?

Disillusionment with Touhou... fun...

« Reply #695 on: December 21, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »

Shanghai Alice

• Border of Fail
« Reply #696 on: December 21, 2009, 08:55:59 PM »
Asteroid Belt Lunatic Timeout. =)
Speak, master, for your servant is listening.
*Bows before thee*

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #697 on: December 21, 2009, 11:18:06 PM »
Pacifist Flandre.
Wasn't very difficult. The hard part is avoiding the massive amount of clipdeath.

This was the most awkward run ever.
There were so many hilarious deaths you wouldn't believe, pretty much all of them with full bombs in stock.
Died on "Four of a Kind" because I ran straight into a bullet. If you watch the replay, you would think I was actively trying to commit suicide.
Died on "Counter Clock" in the most retarded fashion imaginable and I seriously died on QED's starting speed phase.
Dying at QED left me with only three bombs to get through the timeout phase. So it was kind of intense as I had to actually dodge it instead of just bomb spamming my way through it.
Speaking of QED's timeout phase, I found it surprisingly tame. Then again after LLS extra timeout phases, everything looks tame to me.  :V

Oh, and I did some awesome unfocused bullet circling in the beginning of the stage. Let's see how fast this gets flagged as tool-assisted.  :V

Shanghai Alice

• Border of Fail
« Reply #698 on: December 21, 2009, 11:51:27 PM »
Speaking of actively trying to commit suicide, does being UNABLE to commit suicide, even when I WANT to (because, you know, good luck kicks in at the wrong time for me) count as an accomplishment?

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #699 on: December 22, 2009, 12:41:56 AM »
Finally, more UFO progress -- perfect (but ugly) stage 1 on hard, but I make up for it by failing Parasol Star Memories at 1% (!), and then it goes downhill from there.

But hey, it's Hard, so I'm not complaining. Too much.

ebarrett

« Reply #700 on: December 22, 2009, 03:30:24 AM »
PoFV saved a story mode run, yay! Komachi lunatic 1cc, only a few remaining now. 2:57 in the third round, finished with one life to spare. Very proud of that one (zero luck involved, I either dodged as planned or ate a bullet pretty much 100% of the time), and further evidence that three minutes is the magic mark for the low-tier (vs. AI) characters.

« Reply #701 on: December 22, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »
HRtP Hard 1cc, Makai Route

HRtP is probably the easiest game to 1cc on Hard (took only 1 try). The only difference I've seen from Normal is that the bosses are slightly harder.

Something I'm quite proud of though, is that I perfected YuugenMagan, which I never did on Normal or even Easy.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #702 on: December 22, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »
I guess its only easier if you can somehow figure out how to play the game well. I also have a friend who managed to beat Sariel on Lunatic with continue spamming and all that but couldn't do the same thing to the easy version. What's up with that?

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #703 on: December 22, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »
Managed to somehow 1cc Subterranian Animism with Reimu-A ... on Hard ... for the first time ... with live to spare after Subterranian Sun.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

« Reply #704 on: December 22, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
Then check this out KuroKonata.

Asteroid Belt Lunatic No-Focus Timeout. It wasn't really all that hard actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHK9v6q4hNI

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #705 on: December 22, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »
showoff

:V

I have never even captured it, ON HARD
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #706 on: December 22, 2009, 01:39:59 PM »
Finally 1cc'd IN hard with Reimu solo.
So I unlocked marisa's last word and with that I can unlock yukari's and finish my epic quest to capture all last words :D

Can't wait to start failing at them!

edit: Lol blazing star capped in 24 tries, it's like the total opposite of Fantasy Heaven.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:52:20 PM by Kawaii Yokai »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #707 on: December 22, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »
1cc'd UFO Normal again.  I cannot make myself like this game.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #708 on: December 22, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
showoff

:V

I have never even captured it, ON HARD

How about this then...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmjQkGDNQ

Apollo 13 Lunatic timeout - this time without using any tricks which means dodging at the center all the time. It looks sweet.

« Reply #709 on: December 22, 2009, 05:31:21 PM »
Subterranean Animism Normal 1cc with MarisaB and ReimuB.

Not sure whether I'll do it for ReimuC or MarisaA next. MarisaC is just, I don't want to try it.

Jaimers

« Reply #710 on: December 22, 2009, 05:39:29 PM »
PCB perfect stage 3 lunatic at long last.

After perfecting EX Alice, I thought it would be silly if I couldn't perfect normal Alice.
Still not sure which one of them is more difficult.  :V

Finally had a run where "Hanged Hourai Dolls" didn't completely shit in my face at the end. This thing has ruined so many perfect attempts it's not even funny.

Also figured out a consistent way to perfect the latter half of the stage. I haven't failed it ever since I started using these movements.

Edit:
now on youtube!
Still getting processed though.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:03:55 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #711 on: December 22, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »
Okay. Here's a timeout of Byakuren's first card on Hard mode. Lunatic is impossible, almost, so i decided to get the Hard version instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibpdXUIuuWA

PCB perfect stage 3 lunatic at long last.

After perfecting EX Alice, I thought it would be silly if I couldn't perfect normal Alice.
Still not sure which one of them is more difficult.  :V

Finally had a run where "Hanged Hourai Dolls" didn't completely shit in my face at the end. This thing has ruined so many perfect attempts it's not even funny.

Also figured out a consistent way to perfect the latter half of the stage. I haven't failed it ever since I started using these movements.

I might have to go and rip that strategy off then. Though, all i really planned to do was perfecting Alice herself. Which i pretty much have.

« Reply #712 on: December 22, 2009, 06:05:21 PM »
PCB perfect stage 3 lunatic
dssdjfdfjklsaeujwklfdsjalfjd'ajlkn sdlkafu8ewqyre9823hwqjekljfs

Still, even though I'm Parseeing like the fist of the motherfuckin' north star over here, fantastic job. I wish I could use that strategy for myself, but MarisaA just doesn't have the range to pull it off. :c
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:46:57 PM by Serafie »

« Reply #713 on: December 22, 2009, 07:01:05 PM »
PCB Lunatic stage 3 is a clusterfuck but the boss really ain't that hard. Not considering that the guy have beaten Ichirin Lunatic perfectly.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #714 on: December 22, 2009, 07:38:38 PM »
PCB Lunatic stage 3 is a clusterfuck but the boss really ain't that hard. Not considering that the guy have beaten Ichirin Lunatic perfectly.

Alice is harder than Ichirin.

Just FYI. ;D

Since I've beaten Keine, Alice and the FIVE MAGIC STONES are the only stage 3 bosses I haven't perfected yet.

BTW Jaimers, have you...

MADE A VIDEO OF YOU PERFECTING MS STAGE 3 ALICE?! :O
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #715 on: December 22, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »
That isn't even hard.

« Reply #716 on: December 22, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MJozAaP48
Tree Ocean of Hourai Timeout. Easy, easy stuff.

Just FYI. ;D

That might be Donut, but i know that i'm getting consistently pwned by Ichirin's first spellcard. Alice is easier to me because she doesn't have an attack that are complete garbage.

Bananamatic

« Reply #717 on: December 22, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »
i'm getting consistently ⑨ed by Ichirin's first nonspell
fix'd

Jaimers

« Reply #718 on: December 22, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »

Pretty sure I've done it before, but I just did it on camera again for good measure and perfected the stage portion along with it.
First attempt. Not worth uploading.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #719 on: December 22, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »

You're nuts.

I can consistently capture 3 cards from Lunatic Alice, I can't capture ANYTHING from Ichirin ON HARD.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube