Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163039 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2009, 05:23:52 AM »
*blink* Did I just... Have a perfect Lunatic Alice battle? Well, not counting borders, but still, no deaths and no bombs? Just... I can't believe it.
it's not a perfect when you break borders

Alice always makes me waste 2 lives....

Drake

« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2009, 06:29:47 AM »
dammit finally

UFO Hard Clear. No 1cc, but having to complete both stage 5 and 6 with only 3 lives each... It will make 1ccing much, much easier.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »
*blink* Did I just... Have a perfect Lunatic Alice battle? Well, not counting borders, but still, no deaths and no bombs? Just... I can't believe it.

Congratulations with that.

Come to think of it, i haven't perfected S3 in PCB Lunatic yet. Perfected Alice quite a bunch of times but never managed to get the stage perfect simultaneously. Then again, that stage portion is pretty unforgiving. Not as much as UFO but still... wow.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
I've... just completed PCB Extra for the first time, and it's the very first Extra stage I've ever completed. I really wasn't expecting to, I made so many mistakes, and I've never even properly seen Ran's last spellcard. I've never even made it through PCB 1cc Hard.

I'm still shaking.

Bananamatic

« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »
Is it just me or is Hell God Sword a bit overhyped? :V

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #275 on: December 02, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
Is it just me or is Hell God Sword a bit overhyped? :V

Still haven't captured it.

Bananamatic

« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2009, 02:52:52 PM »
Still haven't captured it.
What's so hard about it again? It can wall at times, but I still have a decent history on it.
Her second to last one though.....only one I didn't capture from st5.

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2009, 02:59:15 PM »
What's so hard about it again? It can wall at times, but I still have a decent history on it.
Her second to last one though.....only one I didn't capture from st5.

Huge walls.  I then get a slowdown period, which is completely unhelpful for getting through said walls.

The 2nd to last one is the easiest card in the stage though. 

EDIT:  Make that 2nd easiest.  Forgot about Asura Sword.

Bananamatic

« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »
Huge walls.  I then get a slowdown period, which is completely unhelpful for getting through said walls.

The 2nd to last one is the easiest card in the stage though.
Okay I'm weird.
Captured it again. 4/8 record so far.

Any hints for her second nonspell?(first boss one)
I've thought about going through the waves before they overlap right up to Youmu so I can focus bomb her in the face, but it does almost nothing....

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »
Okay I'm weird.
Captured it again. 4/8 record so far.

Any hints for her second nonspell?(first boss one)
I've thought about going through the waves before they overlap right up to Youmu so I can focus bomb her in the face, but it does almost nothing....

The only replay I have of this is entirely unhelpful (though I did "capture" the attack).  My current strategy is somewhat odd, and is probably best shown with a picture.  If you start the first wave at the bottom middle of the screen, you'll end up something like this a couple seconds later: 

Note the "open path" shown by the red line.  I follow that path (you'll actually end up doing this with mostly horizontal movements and possibly move up one or two paths).  Obvious paths will form through the yellow bullets shortly thereafter.  More importantly, you direct the 2nd wave to the left side of the screen, so then you can quickly move back to the right through the yellow bullets and not get screwed over by the intersecting bullets.

The Replay if you want it.  I totally don't use this technique at all and just lolrandom dodge.  (Ignore everything else.  Seriously.  This was a completely blind run, I didn't know any of the cards aside from the one Hard run I did like a month before.)  I'm too tired right now that if I tried a practice stage 5 I'd probably screw up just about everything.

EDIT:  loooool just tried it.  I died twice to the non-card.  Except I didn't die during the "hard part", I DIED TO THE AIMED TRIANGLE THINGS THAT YOU JUST HAVE TO TAP ONCE TO AVOID AND THERE WERE NO ROUND BULLETS ON THE SCREEN ROFL.  I also bombspammed just about everything else and broke a border by moving directly into Youmu.

EDIT 2:  Ok I did somewhat non-terrible this time.  I did it successfully twice and ran directly into a bullet once (causing me to die twice because the triangle bullets were everywhere).  I also captured the 2nd to last spellcard, so whatever.  Everything else is pretty bad (bomb spam) at 9 AM after getting zero sleep.  Replay
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:43:08 PM by Lybydose »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »
Yes. YES! YEEEEES!  :D
The first time I feel the urge to actually upload a replay:

MoF Lunatic 1cc!

Quite a double achievement for me, as not only is this my first lunatic 1cc of any touhou game ever, but it also features my first capture of VoWG lunatic at the end!  ;D

Now I just need to stop shaking...
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2009, 08:57:17 PM »
Yes. YES! YEEEEES!  :D
The first time I feel the urge to actually upload a replay:

MoF Lunatic 1cc!

Quite a double achievement for me, as not only is this my first lunatic 1cc of any touhou game ever, but it also features my first capture of VoWG lunatic at the end!  ;D
Wow...that's AWESOME!  Good job!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2009, 09:34:32 PM »
EDIT:  Make that 2nd easiest.  Forgot about Asura Sword.

I've captured HGS more than I've captured Asura Sword.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »
Speaking of Lunatic Youmu cards, I just captured Components of Konpaku. First capture of ANY of her cards I've made on Lunatic.

EDIT: Update on my progress on PCB Lunatic. Managed to reach Resurrection Butterfly before game overing with a bomb in stock. If I can just stop dying with bombs in stock, I KNOW I can do this. I think I died twice on Mortality, one of those with three bombs in stock, and I died to Lunasa's opener with a bomb in stock...

On a side note, I just realized something. Theoretically, it might be possible to beat PCB Lunatic without capturing even a SINGLE spellcard. Say you get a total of 12 lives as Reimu B. That's 36 bombs, PLUS the ones dropped in stages 2, 4, and 6. Which grants you a total of FORTY bombs.  If you consider that it's entirely possible to get borders on every single one of Alice's spellcards, as well as getting them on Cirno and Chen's midboss (Cirno's is theoretical, haven't done this) and getting two on Chen's cards... Then add in borders for the rest of the bosses... That's a total of at LEAST four cards on the first two stages alone if you can't get a border on Letty, then another 5 on stage 3, that you can avoid capturing without bombing or dying. Then it's also possible to get borders on all the Prismriver cards in one run...

Eh, pointless speculation and random comments. It would take some effort to deliberately 1cc without making any captures. And there wouldn't be much point. Still, I find that somewhat interesting, and I'm relatively sure it's not something you can do in most other games.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:00:28 AM by ShiningDrake »

« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »
You could just time them out to avoid wasting the bombs.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2009, 12:14:33 AM »
You could just time them out to avoid wasting the bombs.

Well, there are timeouts, but beating the game without timing out OR capturing the spellcards. Also, tested the thing on if it's possible to get a border on Cirno. Yes, it is.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2009, 12:43:32 AM »
Timeout of "The Phantom of the Grand Guignol". :V Mostly a memorization-fest, although I ended up pretty much sightreading the final wave. Pretty fun, though... will probably stick this on YouTube tomorrow.
Let's fight.

theshirn

« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2009, 01:11:08 AM »
Got to Marisa's last phase!

I wouldn't hate Shuuso Gyoku's extra quite as much IF I COULD SEE WHAT KILLS ME.  Marisa is fair - BRUTAL AND INSANE - but fair; the stage, though...easily over 90% of all deaths I DO NOT SEE WHAT HIT ME.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2009, 01:32:08 AM »
The stage is streaming. =V

Protip: At the orange part, stream right. The bullets are aimed, but oddly enough, the gap on the right is larger then the left.
Also, the second midboss is static. Learn a safespot, and then just go there everytime.

« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2009, 02:19:24 AM »
Marisa is fair

wut.  Marisa is easily the most luck-based part of the entire stage.  The stage isn't bad once you figure out its gimmicks, and Reimu, while objectively harder, doesn't throw nearly as much bullshit at you.

For that orange streaming part, the reason you're dying isn't because of the laser is it?  Those things have huge hitboxes, and if you get anywhere near being under the enemies, they'll clip you.  You should try to stay close to the stream of bullets that are aimed away from you, rather than the ones aimed at you, if that makes any sense.

Oh and also, try supergrazing the streaming ships at the very beginning and play around with the stage at max rank for a bit.  Then when you go back to normal, everything will seem pathetically easy in comparison. ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:25:19 AM by Azinth »

theshirn

« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2009, 03:24:37 AM »
Marisa is fair - BRUTAL AND INSANE
All I meant is that you can see what she's shooting.  (Unlike the stage, or, say, GATES.)  And I had a feeling someone was going to post just that anyway.

I'm well aware the stage is streaming, and it's not the orange part that's killing me unfairly.  It's the grid.  I can't see what hits me on the grid part and it drives me insane.

Also, the second midboss is static. Learn a safespot, and then just go there everytime.
Yeah, I should do that.  I usually have a bomb running from the end of the orange phase, though. :P

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2009, 03:33:03 AM »
OH! The Grid! Right, the bullet lines are the same everytime.
Vertical: Stay slightly left/right of middle
Boxes: stay at bottom mid
Hori 1: Stay at bottom, dodge horizontally
Hori 2: Move up a bit from the bottom, dodge horizontally
Dia 1: Stay at your general position from Hori 2
Dia 2: Move left a bit

Now, of course the red bullets make it hard, but that's how you make sure you don't get hit by the orange lines.

Marisa is fun when she isn't using the BS stuff =V

Oh, and if you can't dodge the red bullets using the method of avoiding the orange lines I told you, you'll have trouble at Reimu's first phase second part. So yeah.

theshirn

« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2009, 04:35:53 AM »
I know where the grid goes.  Honestly, I've beaten a couple Lunatics here, I can see a BRIGHT ORANGE static pattern. :V

It's the red bullets - and frequently I get rammed by the dark-colored and entirely obscured enemies, and I can't see it.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2009, 05:22:37 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6267

Consider this an apology for the long period of time I considered UFO such a wtf game.  Having not played since the ReimuB 1cc on Thanksgiving, I pull a ReimuA 1cc out of my ass on the first try (okay, okay, there was one restart because I died before the Stage 1 title, but blah specifics).

UFO has now surpassed SA in the number of shottypes I've 1cced with.  UFO has both Reimus cleared, while SA still only has ReimuA cleared because every other shottype fires marshmallows for bullets   because I suck   because I'm lazy.'

*officially opens up the UFO entry in his spreadsheet of Touhou shottype 1ccs.

Edit: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6268

SanaeB that time.  Decent until Byakuren, then I die twice with bombs in stock to Milky Way, and panicbomb the hell out of LFO until I end with 0/0 supplies.  By the way, panicbombing LFO with SanaeB is just about the worst thing you can do.  Frognuke blindness + nonerasing bullets = good luck fitting yourself into holes you can't see.

*wants to know when UFO actually became fun.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:55:40 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2009, 08:37:13 AM »
Decided to fool around with IN Hard due to tons of early stupid mistakes I'm making on normal (I can usually get to stage 5), and somehow managed to claw my way to Marisa (grabbed Mystia's last spell along the way, but failed Wriggle's, what?). Maybe if I play a bit more hard, I'll be able to go back and finish clearing normal ...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »
Krim: UFO is like HRtP in that it's an utter bitch until you learn it, in which then it becomes crazy fun.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2009, 08:53:35 AM »
Decided to fool around with IN Hard due to tons of early stupid mistakes I'm making on normal (I can usually get to stage 5), and somehow managed to claw my way to Marisa (grabbed Mystia's last spell along the way, but failed Wriggle's, what?). Maybe if I play a bit more hard, I'll be able to go back and finish clearing normal ...

Heh, I always fail Wriggle's because I try to supergraze it, but then just end up forgetting which direction I'm supposed to go at some point.

« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »
So I realized today that I somehow forgot about Shuusou Gyoku in my mass cleansing of games from my computer.  And the Seihou talk recently kinda made me want to play it so... yeah.

Another 2-death Extra stage clear.  And I actually remembered to save a replay this time(to give theshim some encouragement incase anyone cares).  It could have and should have been 1-death, but a really stupid panic bomb in her fourth-last phase had me facing Reimu's ungodly horror of a survival attack with 3/0.  Oh well. 

theshirn

« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2009, 07:10:29 PM »
So I realized today that I somehow forgot about Shuusou Gyoku in my mass cleansing of games from my computer.  And the Seihou talk recently kinda made me want to play it so... yeah.

Another 2-death Extra stage clear.  And I actually remembered to save a replay this time(to give theshim some encouragement incase anyone cares).  It could have and should have been 1-death, but a really stupid panic bomb in her fourth-last phase had me facing Reimu's ungodly horror of a survival attack with 3/0.  Oh well.
ASDFGRAAANGFGAARRNNGGSSGGHHHH

And how do I view it?

« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »
1.  Go to your SG folder and replace your existing EX replay with the new one
2.  Open the game and go to the replay menu, select the EX stage.
3.  Enjoy.

There are two sets of dat files in the folder.  The top set is the replays and the others I don't know what they're for.