Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163022 times)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2009, 07:38:59 AM »
Reached Youmu's final Lunatic card. If I'd had another bomb, I probably could have reached stage 6... Of course, I did die with bombs in stock multiple times on the way there, so... >.<

Gah, if only I could consistently deathbomb, I might actually be able to 1-freaking-cc PCB Lunatic!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »
Reached Youmu's final Lunatic card. If I'd had another bomb, I probably could have reached stage 6... Of course, I did die with bombs in stock multiple times on the way there, so... >.<

Gah, if only I could consistently deathbomb, I might actually be able to 1-freaking-cc PCB Lunatic!
Yeah, PCB does give you quite a bit to work with.  I wasted 11 bombs from Youmu's second noncard to Yuyuko's second card on my 1cc (died with 3, 5, 3).  Go for it!

Also, Shuuso Gyoku Normal 2cc again.  Working our way down.  SG is the exact opposite of resource-heavy.  You get 6 lives and 14 bombs.  With SakuyaA I think PCB gives you 10 lives and 42 bombs...and note that deathbombing kills you and takes a bomb, so you can lose four of your chances in a single shot easily.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2009, 08:30:11 AM »
Yeah, PCB does give you quite a bit to work with.

Yeah I used 32 bombs on my 1cc.  That's THIRTY-TWO bombs, and I wasn't even using Sakuya.  I died once with three bombs in stock (hurr two deaths to Youmu's 2nd boss non-spell) and once with one bomb.  (I also finished 0/0)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:31:45 AM by Lybydose »

Bananamatic

« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
2cc'd PCB Lunatic with ReimuB :V
Reached Youmu's second card this time....I really need to figure out the misdirecting on her nonspells.

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
2cc'd PCB Lunatic with ReimuB :V
Reached Youmu's second card this time....I really need to figure out the misdirecting on her nonspells.

Just dodge them normally.

Bananamatic

« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2009, 06:24:34 PM »
Just dodge them normally.
How do you dodge them normally when they overlap at times :V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »
IN Hard 1cc~ That's the fourth Hard mode I've done~

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2009, 11:31:06 PM »
LLS LUNATIC CLEAR GET!

theshirn

« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:35 AM »
LLS LUNATIC CLEAR GET!                                                       
Huzzah!  Not that bad, is it!

now do it with default lives

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »
Huzzah!  Not that bad, is it!

now do it with default lives
god dammit thats what Baity said when I did it

Although you could probably do it. You used 9 less bombs then I did on my LLS Lunatic 1cc ;-;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2009, 02:25:05 AM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:52:47 AM by Koishi Ruromeiji »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2009, 02:31:44 AM »
The stage portion of Stage 4 is actually easier than everything but Stage 1, imo. And even then I sometimes reset because I didn't get the UFOs right.

I made it up to Murasa's last this time though. Her third card raped me in the ass, violently.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2009, 04:00:45 AM »
As of 15 minutes ago, I have been playing Touhou for two years. I never imagined I would still be playing that series I tried on a whim, let alone get this good...

To celebrate, I went and 1cc'd Mountain of Faith normal - where I got my start (okay it was easy mode but I didn't want a bad ending)...NO VERTICAL!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6244

Here's hoping to another year. I'm sure I'll find some other way to get even better from here!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2009, 04:09:42 AM »
Well, I seem to be making progress on PCB Lunatic. Reached Yuyuko's second nonspell before game over. If I can just figure out when I need to bomb, I think I can do this... And if I can get better at stage 4. Seriously, ARGH! Lily White, the enemies right before her (not the ones that have individual types of bullets, only the waves that have all three) and the enemies right before the Prismrivers all slaughter me. The ones that release the tons of aimed shots are ridiculous. If I only tap very slightly, they kill me with the main burst. Any more than that, and I tend to run straight into the scattered bullets. Then that last death fairy... If I don't get a border on it, I'm forced to waste a bomb, or die if I don't get EXTREMELY lucky.

Then the Prismrivers drive me INSANE >.< Lunasa's second nonspell, the first spell, Lyrica's attacks,  and the last two cards... All of those are areas I'm SERIOUSLY likely to screw up on. Especially the last one. Yes, sometimes I do fail Lyrica's card, the moving wall above me ends up being too long and I can't get through.

Of course, that's not even mentioning the tons of stupid deaths I tend to have on stage 2 & 3... And all the restarts I keep making on stage 1 due to Cirno and everything before her. Frost Columns keeps throwing me stupid deaths, as well as a lot of the first half of the stage >.<

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2009, 04:20:26 AM »
Well, I seem to be making progress on PCB Lunatic. Reached Yuyuko's second nonspell before game over. If I can just figure out when I need to bomb, I think I can do this... And if I can get better at stage 4. Seriously, ARGH! Lily White, the enemies right before her (not the ones that have individual types of bullets, only the waves that have all three) and the enemies right before the Prismrivers all slaughter me. The ones that release the tons of aimed shots are ridiculous. If I only tap very slightly, they kill me with the main burst. Any more than that, and I tend to run straight into the scattered bullets. Then that last death fairy... If I don't get a border on it, I'm forced to waste a bomb, or die if I don't get EXTREMELY lucky.

Then the Prismrivers drive me INSANE >.< Lunasa's second nonspell, the first spell, Lyrica's attacks,  and the last two cards... All of those are areas I'm SERIOUSLY likely to screw up on. Especially the last one. Yes, sometimes I do fail Lyrica's card, the moving wall above me ends up being too long and I can't get through.

Of course, that's not even mentioning the tons of stupid deaths I tend to have on stage 2 & 3... And all the restarts I keep making on stage 1 due to Cirno and everything before her. Frost Columns keeps throwing me stupid deaths, as well as a lot of the first half of the stage >.<

Which shot type are you using?  Reimu gets a fairly easy Prismriver opener, and then you get two really easy spells if you fight Lyrica (red).  As for the pre-Lily stuff, just don't shoot anything.  The bullets they fire if you don't kill them are all aimed and are very easy to avoid.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2009, 04:22:48 AM »
Which shot type are you using?  Reimu gets a fairly easy Prismriver opener, and then you get two really easy spells if you fight Lyrica (red).  As for the pre-Lily stuff, just don't shoot anything.  The bullets they fire if you don't kill them are all aimed and are very easy to avoid.

Reimu B. And I have been going and fighting Lyrica. I just happen to end up screwing up against her more than I should be against such really easy attacks :V And yeah, I think I'll try not shooting against the last stuff before Lily...

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »

WHAT

UNL's lunatic was giving me a lot of problems lately, so I tried it again but with the system cards that I unlocked recently.
FIRST TRY, these things make everything ten times easier, it's insane.
Used Cirno because she's the strongest.

Welp, that was all the fighters done. Much faster than I could ever have possibly imagined.

We're going out with a bang, last up is UFO.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Bananamatic

« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2009, 07:22:01 PM »
oh wow I've got all the way to st4 MoF Lunatic even though I've died 3 times across stages 1-2

Drake

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »
Reached Flowery Soul before game overing. I'm definitely making progress. My biggest weakness is, without a doubt, the fact that I keep dying with bombs in stock. 12 misses, 29 bombs used. That doesn't sound too bad, right? Actually, it is. That's a grand total of TEN bombs wasted, since over twelve lives, I get 36 bombs, plus the ones that drop on stages 2, 4, and 6.  Granted, it could have been MUCH worse, but I still need to figure out when to bomb so this doesn't happen again.

On the subject of bombs, does anyone have any advice on when it would be a good idea to bomb for extra point items during stages? Sometimes enemies will drop TONS of them, and if I don't get a border, that means that I'm basically ending up missing a ridiculous amount of them... And since point items give extends, missing them is NOT a good thing.

On a side note, I'm having trouble believing that I'm seriously considering trying and 1ccing PCB Lunatic O.O And actually getting pretty freaking close. I've definitely come a long way, especially for the amount of time I've been playing Touhou. Though I've forgotten exactly when... I'm pretty sure the earliest it could have been was around June. Possibly sometime later actually. Meh, whatever...

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:55 PM »

On the subject of bombs, does anyone have any advice on when it would be a good idea to bomb for extra point items during stages? Sometimes enemies will drop TONS of them, and if I don't get a border, that means that I'm basically ending up missing a ridiculous amount of them... And since point items give extends, missing them is NOT a good thing.

Bomb the Stage 6 opener.  You get like 130 point items or so.  The first half of Stage 5 also has a section with a lot of point items that you probably won't be able to collect.

theshirn

« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »
Actually...Stage 5's first half is a) pretty simple, if you memorize is, and b) can net you a good ~150 point items if you do.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6117

Watch stage 5, I'm pretty sure I did it right.  If not, I'll upload a proper one after class.

But dodge as long as you can and then fire a bomb on the beginning of S6, you can get another ~120.

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2009, 11:31:44 PM »
Actually...Stage 5's first half is a) pretty simple, if you memorize is, and b) can net you a good ~150 point items if you do.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6117

Watch stage 5, I'm pretty sure I did it right.  If not, I'll upload a proper one after class.

But dodge as long as you can and then fire a bomb on the beginning of S6, you can get another ~120.

You missed quite a few point items and you're using Homing attacks.  There's a section where the faeries spawn quickly enough that it's difficult to kill all of them and autocollect with ReimuB, and it's much safer to just throw a bomb and collect ALL the point items.  Sure it's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to 1cc for the first time.  Plus it's just one bomb and you can get 181+ point items in this section.

(Also I'm apparently really really good at dying to Youmu's spells when they have 0.0001% life left and/or are exploding.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:46:10 PM by Lybydose »

« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2009, 12:18:58 AM »
On a side note, I'm having trouble believing that I'm seriously considering trying and 1ccing PCB Lunatic O.O

I don't think it beats me moment of utter horror when I realised I was 2/1 after Asura Sword, with 770-ish point items. Eternal Truth started up in bullet time as I thought to myself: "Holy shit... I could actually do this..."

(nostalgia start)
That run ended at wave #5 of Resurrection Butterfly, where I panicked from the first wave on and never recovered (having gone in 0/3). I'll never forget how awful I felt looking at the "Try Again?" screen. I was convinced that I had gotten there by a fluke and that it would never happen again.

3am the following night, I got out of bed, switched my PC on and played. Got to Resurrection Butterfly 0/1. I figured that if I couldn't beat my favourite spell in the series, I didn't deserve to win. I captured it and got my 1cc. My only regret is that I didn't have a microphone at the time, since I've never screamed so loudly in my life.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Drake

« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2009, 02:13:35 AM »
<Drake> i have experienced
<Drake> the oddest run
<Drake> of UFO hard
<Drake> ever
<PhantasmagoriaOfZengarView> oh man
<PhantasmagoriaOfZengarView> what happen
<Drake> everything
<Drake> i don't even
<Drake> what

Sit back and watch the most ridiculously awkward, lucky, bullshitty and spazzy UFO Hard run ever. Memorization was pretty much thrown out the window after Stage 3, and my god everything in this run was so unorthodox. Somehow, I got to Shou, the furthest I've gotten yet. I'm jittery as hell and aksjbfkajsbfljb ahah fsakhfjbaaf sbccsfadsazzzzzzz

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6248

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2009, 03:28:25 AM »
Finally managed to pull off a MoF Stage 2 Lunatic no death run after...countless attempts.

Although I have to admit - I suck at Hina's midboss spell card.  Like most Lunatic scorerunners, might as well bomb for scoring purposes.  Also, deathbomb fail (though I ran straight towards Hina)... >_>

I'm probably gonna try to attempt a Stage 5 no death run...but I already have too much problems with Sanae's 2nd and 3rd spell cards, since I'm 0/22 on both of those cards...but I'll try to figure something out.  The 4th and 5th spell cards I can handle just fine, though.
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2009, 04:12:30 AM »
*blink* Did I just... Have a perfect Lunatic Alice battle? Well, not counting borders, but still, no deaths and no bombs? Just... I can't believe it.

« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2009, 04:16:08 AM »
*blink* Did I just... Have a perfect Lunatic Alice battle? Well, not counting borders, but still, no deaths and no bombs? Just... I can't believe it.

Whether you died or not, it doesn't really count as a perfect battle if you got hit.  Though beating Alice without dying or bombing is still a pretty sweet achievement.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2009, 04:42:50 AM »
Well, here's a replay of that run. It wasn't a clear, due to epic screwups on Youmu, but I still made it to Flowery Soul.