Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 78646 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #900 on: July 27, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »
:/

I wanted to participate in an exhalirating game of verbal sparring and this is what I get.

Look, if you do something that makes yourself look stupid, it doesn't necessarily means you are town unless you have other supplementary reasons. Take me as an example, I snapped D1 and I didnt get lynched because I improved since then and I had a history of being pissed at people. Shalako was basically trying to pretend he's failing at a gambit, but got shot regardless because his stupidity seems to lack a town motivation and we generally agreed on that.

The problem now is the same, I don't see how your flipping out has a town motivation behind it because you are being crazy, and crazy people aren't exactly easy to comprehend, just quit this babbling and exlplain in a intelligible manner to convince me why your decision is better than just letting town lynch people.

My point was simple, if you are town, you are selfish and arrogant to assume we should let you shoot thing instead of trusting us and sharing information with us so we can lynch people. You responded by 'conspiracy, we shouldn't put eggs in one basket' and 'oh he doesn't listen to me anywaI' when I have and I did listen and digest your information and deem it an insufficient explaination. So can you please try to do that nicely again? Thank you.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #901 on: July 27, 2015, 02:03:17 PM »
but

I'm not stopping town from just lynching people? :S

I'm not getting in the way of that at all.

I'm not asking anyone to rely on my role, there's no reason for that to be necessary. It's a backup that may come in very handy because of it being another town-sourced kill. No one has to worry about it except me. Enough of my role has been claimed at this point that you basically know what it is, just not what lengths are required to activate it. I can only kill one person, and it's not the easiest task Because Of Reasons.

My point was simple, if you are town, you are selfish and arrogant to assume we should let you shoot thing instead of trusting us and sharing information with us so we can lynch people.
Like, this is ridiculously false. This isn't remotely close to what's going on. I'm not holding anyone back. I'm not stopping anyone from making informed lynches. The only lynch this impacts at all would be a lynch on me. If you think my posts are scummy make a case on it and lynch me. Saying I'm being cagey about my role and should be lynched is IMO a questionable reason because I could have easily fakeclaimed anything an eternity ago and never drawn attention like this. :T But if you think my posts or interactions are scummy go right ahead!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #902 on: July 27, 2015, 02:04:27 PM »
tl;dr you're making this a bigger deal than it should be, claiming my role will have 0 impact on you scumhunting anyone other than me.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #903 on: July 27, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »
Shalako was acting like a maniac overall.

My only silliness is from you insisting we make a huge deal over my role. I'm, as far as I know, fully and satisfactorily participating in the game in every other aspect.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #904 on: July 27, 2015, 02:07:19 PM »
Like I don't even

But you are one of the three lynchable people.

Scumhunting of you is bloody important

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #905 on: July 27, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »
 I quit for the night

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #906 on: July 27, 2015, 02:10:19 PM »
:V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #907 on: July 27, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »
in any case I'd really rather see what everyone else has to say about today before going off so far in any direction like this

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
Waking up because I am curious as to your response. And because too pissed to sleep.

Color me disappointed. So you basically conceded that you being scum is indeed relevant and then decided to clamp up, what the hell.

Also, since you are idling anyway, I would advise you to actually scroll back and read the page in detail, I have alot of points I wish you had addressed.

Right, I probably will be awake for another hour, fire your questions at me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #909 on: July 27, 2015, 03:09:59 PM »
hi I'm phone posting because my internet is so broken it won't load shrine maiden otherwise
i am fairly confident my role is not responsibleh for the missed killy

Sereley I still adore you even if you're growing up into a bitter mafian :( Do you think DNA is trying to provoke you? There's only one dood left and I'm still here to pair up so we could afford some mistakes. But rally, rally, we've got Conq and Dan and instead it seems like scum team went for the easy kill sooooooo I think it's one of them. *shrug* Then again I've been super wrong all game so. Maybe I'll care if I can actually die!

Conq, Dan, darlings, why do you two think you're both still alive, doesn't that feel super wrong somehow?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #910 on: July 27, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »
MY ROLE KILLS PEOPLE OKAY GET THE FUCK OUT

Good thing I commuted then

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #911 on: July 27, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
Oh shit so it was you Dan.

I sent a drone but it went back to me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #912 on: July 27, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »
To Dan, obviously.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #913 on: July 27, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
and the commute is confirmed since dna.

This doesn't necessarily mean Dan isn't scum, as they are allowed to no-kill once, Dorian heavily implied jailing patorikku, and Shadoweh sounds like she still has her BP, so the kill sounds like it's mysteriously vanished, unless Patorikku was Swordgirls can-only-vig-your-buddies vig :V

Also, I wasn't surprised Dan wasn't dead because getting my role off is not so simple Because of Reasons.

Sounds like in terms of roleshens... something isn't right somewhere so we still can't really trust anyone based on roles any more than we could before.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #914 on: July 27, 2015, 03:24:24 PM »
no wait I'm dumb it means scum tried to nightkill dan if they didn't no-kill

and they wouldn't actively want to no-kill since it gives them an extra mislynch

well all that leads to my previous "let's lynch dorian" so sure

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #915 on: July 27, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »
Do you have any conditions to your commuting? If so, why pick to commute until now when scum is unlikely to kill you instead of such as during N2 (before Shalako's being shot) when you were townreaded by everyone just after replacing in and is a much more appealing NK target?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #916 on: July 27, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »
Orrr Dan could be scum with a commute shot, so he was busy the other nights.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #917 on: July 27, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »
anyway, let him speak for himself.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #918 on: July 27, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »
Do you have any conditions to your commuting? If so, why pick to commute until now when scum is unlikely to kill you instead of such as during N2 (before Shalako's being shot) when you were townreaded by everyone just after replacing in and is a much more appealing NK target?

Besides the fact that it's X-shot (where X is a number between 1 and 2), there are no other conditions.  I still felt not like a priority target without scumflips and been on the tail end of the shalako wagon anyway.  so I saved it.

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #919 on: July 27, 2015, 04:02:51 PM »
I don't have problems with that. But before shalako's flip, you shouldn't have any way of knowing him to be scum, and how the hell would that be part of your decision making back then?

Oh wait.

Is that a scumslip.

Its a scumslip is it

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #920 on: July 27, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »
But wait that doesn't make sense, why would scum choose to claim being commuter when Serela already claimed to have shot Dan.

Hmmm.

Welp, time to choose between lynching Dorian or Serela.

I am just gonna sleep.

Night

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #921 on: July 27, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
If I were thinking logically about this game role puzzle wise.
One scum was the typical Rawlblockah so that some people will actually die when they're killed.
One scum was a Governor, a high-powered scum role that's still got a hard-counter in the Vig.
The third one has a lot of ground to cover, but it looks like scum is getting typical roles.
There's no scum information or immunity yet.

Vote manipulation via drones is why DNA is crossed out for me, that on top of a governor would be tres estrange.
Neighbourizor/Night-talk/One shot jailer? I just question how there could be a jailer fake claim if a townie actually had a jailer shot. Maybe Neko thought the Expect the Unexpected would make that okay.
One-shot commuter? Fits with the immunity need. Dan, you said your role was useless if you claimed it but that's not quite true, it just adds a level of WIFOM to if you get shot. What was your thought process here?
One-shot cop? Along with a tracker, it's not unreasonable, but it would up the need for immunity for someone on the scum team . Maybe I'm just annoyed with someone's decision making. :V
I'm not that concerned with what Serela has really, he's acting super wonky anyways. Reading would take too much bandwidth. <.<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #922 on: July 27, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »
I'm not that concerned with what Serela has really, he's acting super wonky anyways. Reading would take too much bandwidth. <.<
XD
Killing ability that requires jumping through hoops to successfully kill someone, and can only result in one extra death. That's... about how to sum it up? Theoretically, as the player count gets lower it's easier for me to use it, but... not directly. :T

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #923 on: July 27, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »
I guess town has two vigs because scum has a gov and one kill is unlikely to go off, and because there's multiple kill-stopping roles?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #924 on: July 27, 2015, 05:50:13 PM »
Ugh nevermind.

I looked at the playerlist and went "Wait... Patorikku... DNA... scum aren't terrified of losing an NK to Shadoweh because it won't make the game last any extra days now... in fact, it'd even make things worse for me if she did. They also now would desperately need my mislynch if they were hoping to win at all, and nk'ing me would probably be like giving up unless it's someone ultra unlikely."

That decides it.

My role is useless.

NNR, you are forever cruel for giving me, of all people, this role.

I am the worst Vengeful Townie ever. At night, I can target someone. If they kill me that night, I revengekill them too along with me. I have to target the person who preformed the kill on me. I have realized that even trying to terrify the mafia into killing me can no longer work because they probably can't afford to kill me, and have lots of more obvious kills and don't have any good reasons to go for me even if I'm not at Shadoweh doc risk. They no longer have roleblocks to decide wasting on me for safety. (As I said before, even if I could just tempt them into wasting a roleblock on me, the shenanigans would have been worth it.) My role is useless already.

So. There you go.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #925 on: July 27, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »
I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY NOW DNA

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #926 on: July 27, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
For the record, I spent awhile brainstorming any fakeclaims for about now that would work for making the mafia convinced they should murder me. However, first of all, all of them were obviously lying; at this point I was hemmed in by so many nights spent and so much information about my role revealed (such as not targetting the first two nights but targetting AD last night) that I'd have to go "LOL MISDIRECTIONAL LIES" to make any fakeclaims, which would also make it look like a lie. :T

Even if I didn't manage to correctly target who killed me, I'd still have forced scum to NK me over someone who isn't mislynchable, but yeah, way too late to try to do anything like that. I didn't give up my shenanigan without a fight, but, when there's no choice there's no choice. ;_;

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #927 on: July 27, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »
(plus, past that, mafia wouldn't be afraid of my kill if they weren't dan or dorian, because they'd know I wouldn't target them; and if they ARE dan or dorian, they're probably doomed anyway, so it wouldn't matter, so yeah. no reason to not just give up on my role entirely)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #928 on: July 27, 2015, 06:52:32 PM »
Okay, cool. Won't really get to this game until evening as usual but there's a lot of stuff to go through now.

Dorian could you explain why you jailed Patorikku last night instead of trying to block the last scum?

Serela what made you think you were a likely night kill over the doc and vig?

Shadoweh would you be able to tell if you were rolebl9xowd? We're you rolebl9xowd on n2

Also re me and Dan being still alive, I don't think dan being alive is weird at all? As for why I'm alive,  frI'm the kills so far is guess scum is trying to go for an avoid the doc appoach? It's a little irritating because usually when I'm alive it's because my reads are terrible and I've been lynching townies. Then again there have been only 2 kills so far.
Anuway Off the top of my head I think dan interactions with Bard on d1 and afterwards make him pretty clear.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #929 on: July 27, 2015, 06:57:29 PM »
Serela what made you think you were a likely night kill over the doc and vig?
The idea was the other guys were likely doc targets (and since the mafia rb did end up dying, they couldn't stop her) and also that, whilst I didn't really think there was a high chance of me-death last night, it might happen sometime by the end of the game if we got a mislynch or two (two being probably lylo, but I'd still be the bomb that could mess up scum's lylo win)

unfortunately, esp. with dna about, the chances of me getting nightkilled seemed even less likely, and then last night the kill was stopped so an extra mislynch was added they'd probably need me for, also all these confirmtowns and etcetcetc