Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition  (Read 195042 times)

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
Re: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition
« Reply #960 on: April 05, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
Another IN Normal 1cc with Magic Team, this time FinalB. I'm posting this here because the run was FAR better than any of the others with Magic Team.

I failed Wriggle's Last Spell, after which I normally restart.
I didn't do it this time.

There were some ridiculous moments in between in Stage 2 and on Idling Wave(see lucky dodges thread and replay)

Reached Stage 6 with 5/3, won with 1/3 because Rainbow Danmaku killed me HARD.

BUT I managed to capture Kaguya's penultimate Last Spell, the one with the safespot. :o
I couldn't even do it in Easy after about 200 tries in Spell practice, and now this... :V

I can't be the only one here who thinks the newer Windows games (MoF onward) are in general much better than the older ones.

I think the newer games are more "polished", for lack of a better word.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Zil

« Reply #961 on: April 05, 2012, 04:25:48 PM »
Nope, there are a lot of people who feel that way.
Yeah. I don't think I've played PCB since I first cleared it. It's funny how each stage makes you wait an hour before the first enemy appears. But anyway, congrats BT. Now you can forget that game exists. :D You don't have many left to clear on Lunatic right?

I failed Wriggle's Last Spell, after which I normally restart.
Why would you restart when you fail a Last Spell when it doesn't cost you anything? ???

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #962 on: April 05, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
I have yet to 1cc everything but EoSD and PCB. :/

By the way, apparently my anniversary is mid-August, not mid-September, so I'm running out of time!

I'd argue that MoF is harder but then again I'm like the worst bomb person ever.

Since even my "must bomb everything in sight" runs aren't bomb everything in sight runs at all. Anyone who's watched the replay can tell as much.

I NEVER bomb when it's not needed. (As far as I can tell, that is. I waste bombs like any other player. :V)

When I want to bomb everything, I ready myself by making it so that I can reach the bomb button with my finger easily.

Yeah. Nothing more. Since I usually don't even have the bomb button in mind when playing for survival.

I tried fixing this horrible habit for God knows how long and nothing's helping. :U
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:37:09 PM by BT »

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #963 on: April 05, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
Why would you restart when you fail a Last Spell when it doesn't cost you anything? ???

I think it's my own ego that doesn't allow me to go on unless I perfect at least the first stage (only for Normal difficulty) , or a mixture of "IN is the easiest game" and "I can't fail at the first stage already"

I am better when I just don't care about the Last Spells though...they're just a bonus, not a normal spell card.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:42:22 PM by Piranha »
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #964 on: April 05, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »
Well, I fucked up the phase before it and had to continue (And I had 395 fucking point items why), but on Hard I captured Shinki's Cheeto Laser phase on my first try. Considering how many people bitch about it, that's an accomplishment of anything. but the insulting part was that right after the phase that I continued on, SHINKI DROPPED FIVE POINT ITEMS. FIVE. THE AMOUNT THAT I FUCKING NEEDED FOR AN EXTEND.

FUCK YOU SHINKI THAT'S JUST NOT FAIR

I'd put this in the rage thread but I think this should all go together since this is more accomplishment than it is failure.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:50:38 PM by Esupanitix »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #965 on: April 05, 2012, 04:51:29 PM »
Since even my "must bomb everything in sight" runs aren't bomb everything in sight runs at all. Anyone who's watched the replay can tell as much.

I NEVER bomb when it's not needed. (As far as I can tell, that is. I waste bombs like any other player. :V)
Well then BT, I challenge you to try something. Play MoF Lunatic and bomb every spell. I don't care how easy the spell is, you're required to bomb it. Every single one. Just play a run like that and see how well you do. I want to see how it turns out. :3

(Of course, you can still bomb elsewhere as needed.)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #966 on: April 05, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »
Okay then, be that way.

>:L

Nonspells included?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #967 on: April 05, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Kanako's third nonspell.

I was almost going to break the challenge by capturing PWG.

But then I was going to die at T-00 seconds. >:(

Had I not been a derp and derped on Stage 3, Nitori's third nonspell, Stage 5, Sanae's second nonspell (the hell was this about??) and Stage 6 (planned to bomb BEFORE getting a bomb -________-), this might've cleared.

Oh, not to mention I got cocky with Sanae's first spell, and I died on the last second of Aya's last spell after bombing once and surviving with 0 power for PLENTY of time.

I kind of saw this coming but whatever. :U

Zil

« Reply #968 on: April 05, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »
See? Now just figure which spells you're sure you can capture without bombs (Dance on Medoteko, for instance) and no doubt you'll 1cc.  :P

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #969 on: April 05, 2012, 05:23:40 PM »
That's no fun but OK.

"Don't get to Momiji with >2 power" is a start.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #970 on: April 05, 2012, 06:06:27 PM »
Okay Zil thanks for motivating me or something like that.

MoF Luantic 1cc

Two first clears in a single day. Don't recall this happening, ever.

The run was just as derpy as the run above. In fact, I died to BOTH popcorn fairies at the beginning of Stage 4, full bombs and all. And I screwed up Stage 6 again.

In fact, highlights are: pretty much nothing since I bombed most of the stuff. I guess the best and pretty much only thing that happened in this run is a live Yamato Torus capture, but the waves were pretty easy IMO.

Dear God now I have to do IN and TD. PCB syndrome all over again.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #971 on: April 05, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »
>UFO Lunatic clear before IN clear

Dafuq?

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #972 on: April 05, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
If you're talking about me, I said "everything but EoSD and PCB" (and MoF, currently).

That would have been nice. :(

« Reply #973 on: April 05, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »
>UFO Lunatic clear before IN clear

Dafuq?

I think this was the case for Naut.

« Reply #974 on: April 05, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
I think this was the case for Naut.

Indeed. I cleared UFO lunatic before I cleared anything on hard.

« Reply #975 on: April 05, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
It's because you are the messiah meant to teach us all that UFO is the best game.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #976 on: April 05, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
Indeed. I cleared UFO lunatic before I cleared anything on hard.

I can only truly respond with a quote from a famous man named Douglas Walker.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Enjoy.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #977 on: April 05, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
I probably should not get into people mocking PCB, or other early games, but I mainly can't stand it. There are flaws, but PCB and the other games have several cool patterns, many great pieces of music and some interesting scoring systems, compared to, say, the newest game that should be the most polished. Okay, TD is not really - that - bad, it has it's flaws but also has several good points. Do you see where this is going?

And if the games seem to get too easy, as some people seem to state every now and then, try scoring: go break 2b in PCB and then think again about how easy it was compared to UFO lunatic 1cc. If you are not into scoring, try challenges, like unfocused movement, no bombs, or perhaps even nonvertical or some perfecting? Are you not interested in challenges either, or are you just plain lazy? Well, maybe you really should not post about how the game is too easy, boring and shitty since you were able to clear it by bombing every threatening pattern.
Lunatic 1cc is just a sip off the drink, and there is much more to the cup than just that. Sometimes the drink is not your kind, but you probably should not go tell other people who like the said beverage that it sucks, because you don't like it and your opinion obviously is greater to theirs.

Hrrrr enough is enough, I mostly try to remain silent about this stuff, but some attitudes seem to really anger me. I probably should do something about it, but yeah, enough raging and onto the topic.

You discussed easiest lunatics to clear? I think I know this one dude, who did UFO first, since they happened to like it. He did not play it for the fact that it was easy nor hard, he did not accomplish the clear to dickwave and show off. He did so, because he liked the game, he wanted to play it. It was the obvious pick to him. You should never play Touhou for showing off, you should never clear that one game since it's the only one left. You should play the game you like, you should accomplish your goals, not others. And when you work for stuff you like, or you want really hard just for yourself, even getting three seconds more into it will feel a bit good.

And getting far and eventually dying will always happen a couple of times. And it's awesome. The thrill, the knowledge of the fact that you do something you have never done before, the Rush. And the rush will come again on the next run, at the same point. It will feel good to die and start over again, just to feel the thrill again.

My latest achievements are mostly from IN, on easy mode. The mode of the game that really many people seem to laugh at. And you know what?

My latest personal achievement was 2.32b border team easy, it beat the goal I had set for myself. It felt better than any of my UFO clears.
Since I liked it.

Great job, BT! Most of this was not aimed at you, and keep up the good work!

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #978 on: April 05, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
That's the thing with flaws. Every game has them, and what flaws annoy you more than others are completely case-sensitive.

For instance, I despise PCB for its lack of control despite its cool patterns. Or, say, I like MoF for its mobility and bombs despite said bombs completely breaking the game.

I don't think most people clear all the games to show off. At least, that's not the main reason. It's mostly because of the drive to clear everything that will make you go insane if you don't clear everything! Addiction might be the right word here.

It's good to get these things off your chest once in a while I suppose. :)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #979 on: April 05, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »
FUCK YOU UFO I'M NOT USING YOUR GOD DAMN SYSTEM TO WIN.

For once I actually had fun with the game.

Let me clarify all of my rage down to this: I like UFO. I like its danmaku, its music, graphics, everything (Except for Murasa's danmaku :C She's worse than Shou). I JUST HATE ITS SYSTEM.

Well you know what, ZUN? Fuck you, I'm not using your overparalyzing system to win!  :dealwithit:

Enjoy.

« Reply #980 on: April 05, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »
Who is that aimed at exactly? A lot of the things in your post sounds really strange to me so please explain a few things for me.

I probably should not get into people mocking PCB, or other early games, but I mainly can't stand it. There are flaws, but PCB and the other games have several cool patterns, many great pieces of music and some interesting scoring systems, compared to, say, the newest game that should be the most polished. Okay, TD is not really - that - bad, it has it's flaws but also has several good points. Do you see where this is going?

I don't think anyone said that PCB sucks or anything. However, TD is lacking an actual Lunatic mode and that is unforgivable.

And if the games seem to get too easy, as some people seem to state every now and then, try scoring: go break 2b in PCB and then think again about how easy it was compared to UFO lunatic 1cc. If you are not into scoring, try challenges, like unfocused movement, no bombs, or perhaps even nonvertical or some perfecting? Are you not interested in challenges either, or are you just plain lazy?

A lot of those games have interesting score systems indeed but why is it that you should spend effort on a game you don't like? Because it will indeed take effort to score 2 billion so you'll need to spend a lot of time on it. Why is it exactly you should be doing that when there are games that are fun and challenging simply when you play for survival?

As for challenges, why exactly is it that we should need to augment the game's difficulty with arbitrary challenges like no-focus? I

Well, maybe you really should not post about how the game is too easy, boring and shitty since you were able to clear it by bombing every threatening pattern

That's not the reason anyone calls it easy. That approach works for basically any standard Touhou shmup.

Cool stuff Esu. No UFO's limits your resources greatly so good going!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #981 on: April 05, 2012, 08:29:50 PM »
Fuck yeah, UFO NoFocus Normal 1cc!

Honestly this was done on the first try. The only instance of focusing is so early into stage 1 that it doesn't affect any gameplay, so by what focusing does and doesn't affect, it's still a nofocus run. I can't believe I did this though, you should have seen my face on Flying Fantastica. I was glaring at the screen and scared as heck.

The only drawback if you call it one is that I used ReimuA, whom has slow speed and a small hitbox, which means I could have cheesed my way past some things that other characters can't get through.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #982 on: April 05, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »
Whooooo

First try Kanpukugu defeat

Score? Terrible as shit. (i think.... 28 million :V)
Future Card graze milking? Of course.

Am I any less proud? You bet!

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #983 on: April 06, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »
I don't think anyone said that PCB sucks or anything. However, TD is lacking an actual Lunatic mode and that is unforgivable.
Are you saying that TD lunatic is easier than PCB lunatic?
I don't think that's true at all. I barely got 7 lives in TD, I got 10+ lives each with 4 bombs in PCB.
You might as well say PCB, or IN, or MoF is lacking a lunatic mode.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #984 on: April 06, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
I don't think that's true at all. I barely got 7 lives in TD, I got 10+ lives each with 4 bombs in PCB.

So you're saying that TD Extra is harder than everything besides Gengetsu, ExAlice, and Flandre because you're only given four spare lives?

You're saying that resources = difficulty? Au contraire! NEED I bring up UFO Lunatic, also known as "If you miss half of a life I'm going to tear your fucking skull out" difficulty? It's very possible to get ten lives and ten bombs in that game, but it's still hard as fuck to play.

Just because you get lives sparingly or excessively does not null the possibility of a perfect.

Enjoy.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #985 on: April 06, 2012, 12:38:02 AM »
You're saying that resources = difficulty? Au contraire! NEED I bring up UFO Lunatic, also known as "If you miss half of a life I'm going to tear your fucking skull out" difficulty? It's very possible to get ten lives and ten bombs in that game, but it's still hard as fuck to play.
UFO lunatic has much harder danmaku than PCB or TD, so the additional difficulty overweights the extra lives.
Don't forget that in UFO you actually have to work for those resources, and it's very easy to die summoning UFOs, unlike trancing.

TD lunatic has, imo, similar danmaku level as PCB, but 3 less lives. So that means TD is harder (yes I know there is trance and extra bombs in TD, but playing Sakuya in PCB gives you 4 bombs per life, and PCB also has borders, so it isn't that much difference).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:41:10 AM by Kanon »

« Reply #986 on: April 06, 2012, 12:49:51 AM »

Not necessarily. Depends on the person.

You might as well say PCB, or IN, or MoF is lacking a lunatic mode.

Not really. I can't fault PCB or IN too much for it since they are so old and I do actually find MoF to have quite a few pretty tough attacks though admittedly there are a lot of easy or static attacks which is indeed unfortunate. None of those three games came in the wake of UFO however. UFO was so significantly harder than the rest of the series that it really required it's players to step up their game. TD just felt like it didn't offer anywhere near the challenge that UFO did and it should given that it's a sequel. If it doesn't then it throws off all the old fans. People like me literally have no business in Ten Desires. There are no difficulties for us to play.

Just think how people would react if the situation was switched around and either didn't have an Easy mode or it's Easy mode was as hard as Normal mode?

« Reply #987 on: April 06, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »
(Except for Murasa's danmaku :C She's worse than Shou). I JUST HATE ITS SYSTEM.

Um, Murasa and Shou are in the same game, so that's 1/3 of the game lol.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #988 on: April 06, 2012, 01:11:14 AM »
Um, Murasa and Shou are in the same game, so that's 1/3 of the game lol.

My point is that Murasa is worse than Shou when it comes to stupid Danmaku. I can do all of Shou's nonspells without trying while Murasa's are just clusterfucking bullshit. I only need to bomb against Shou one fucking time at the very least and usually most. Murasa, however, I have a tendency to bomb a nonspell if I get walled, I always bomb Sinking Vortex now, and I'll bomb Sinker Ghost if I get in a nasty situation. Phantom Ship Harbor can suck a [REDACTED] but at least it's as fun as it is hard.

And more importantly, I know very well that 2 is 1/3 of 6. You didn't need to point that out. Please, don't point out obvious things like "Shou and Murasa are in the same game lol" and call that a post.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:19:52 AM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

« Reply #989 on: April 06, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »
And more importantly, I know very well that 2 is 1/3 of 6. You didn't need to point that out. Please, don't point out obvious things like "Shou and Murasa are in the same game lol" and call that a post.

I guess my point was you said the danmaku in the game wasn't really that bad, yet you claim to hate about 1/3 of it. That simply does not compute with me.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.