Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition  (Read 195040 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition
« Reply #930 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:43 AM »
actually, i am completely capable of perfecting shou now :V

in the live run i'm currently uploading to youtube

*checks

part 1: 88%
part 2: 40%

i actually perfect the fight up to the last nonspell where i bomb (that was incredibly derpy as i've capped that non before)
and on Demon of Purification, where I glance away and die because i am a tard

but 1d1b is still achievement because i suck at touhou :toot:

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #931 on: April 04, 2012, 01:50:40 AM »
actually, i am completely capable of perfecting shou now :V

in the live run i'm currently uploading to youtube

*checks

i actually perfect the fight up to the last nonspell where i bomb (that was incredibly derpy as i've capped that non before)
and on Demon of Purification, where I glance away and die because i am a tard

but 1d1b is still achievement because i suck at touhou :toot:

>Captures Most Valuable Vajra
>Fails one of Shou's nonspells on the same difficulty

Humans scare me.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #932 on: April 04, 2012, 01:52:59 AM »
I've got a better one:

> captures froggy braves the elements
> fails party start

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #933 on: April 04, 2012, 01:55:22 AM »
I've got a better one:

> captures froggy braves the elements
> fails party start

...*tilts head*

I swear I'm a youkai of some sort because I would NEVER end up doing that. Sometimes I will do the earlier part and continue, just to prove my point being possibly valid.

Enjoy.

« Reply #934 on: April 04, 2012, 04:51:05 AM »
UFO Normal no red/green summons get (0/2)!  I actually had a much better run survival-wise (one miss the first 5 stages) but it went to shit when I hit that annoying bug that makes you move when you aren't pressing any keys.  I don't mind much though, since my redo had a much better score :).

One day I will clear this game on Lunatic... Someday...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:55:40 AM by HououinKyouma »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #935 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20011
Mountain of Faith no bombs hard 1cc?
Yes, that's what this is.
I'm starting work on all hards all shot types...so I go to Mountain of Faith to get that out of the way first.  Of course, this was just a 1cc run until after I died to Minoriko.  I perfected Stages 2 and 3, yay, then died to each waterfall section, the triple popcorn fairy (missed the kill on the first one), and Aya's survival.
Then I die right before midboss Sanae (1 life left).
Then I double KO her nonspell (0 lives left).
Then I capture her spell wihtout frostthrowers on her (1 life left now).

Then I perfect her.

Then I almost perfect the Stage part of 6, but end up dying to the last fairy's last wave.

Then I go into Kanako thinking I already lost, having to perfect her to get the no bomb clear.
So I dodge the opener.
and then the second nonspell without frostthrowers because I moved them early for the second spell.
then I dodge the second spell.
then I capture the 4th spell, and all that stands between me and the clear is VoWG.

I captured it.

So, since my score.dat got corrupted, this re-re-unlocks extra for this shot type.  Low score attack GO

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #936 on: April 04, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
Lotus Land Story Normal 1cc.

Stage 4's main trick for killing me seems to be fucking my eyes up with that scrolling background and frankly I think that's shit design when the main difficulty comes from not being able to see what you're doing. Also, Yuuka's Master Spark, how the actual fuck is anyone supposed to dodge that on their first try. I knew it was there and I still conceeded a life to it for not moving before the line came down.

Lotus Land Story is really generous with the extra lives and bombs and stuff, so this one was honestly quite easy to do.

Feels good to have  PC-98 clear under my belt, if only because it makes me feel like less of a graphics whore since I generally don't like the PC-98 games for being really rough on the eyes.

Still, 3-5 are the only PC-98 games I'm really going to even try and get good at, I think SoEW is a horribly flawed game by comparison to the later PC-98 stuff, wonky as fuck hitboxes and very strange bomb delay contribute to this, as well as the fact that (the PC98 games in general have this problem) your own bullets don't fall into the background as easily, meaning I often get confused, not as a result of not reacting quick enough or sheer density but just not being able to see what the hell I'm doing.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #937 on: April 04, 2012, 07:33:46 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20011
Mountain of Faith no bombs hard 1cc?
. . .
then I capture the 4th spell, and all that stands between me and the clear is VoWG.

I captured it.
Congratulations! That reminded me again of my first EoSD normal no-bombs run, where i've started with 5 lives, but played so badly that i've got to Remilia with one life and the only death was to Scarlet Shoot :derp:
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #938 on: April 04, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
Congratulations! That reminded me again of my first EoSD normal no-bombs run, where i've started with 5 lives, but played so badly that i've got to Remilia with one life and the only death was to Scarlet Shoot :derp:
Yeah, the craziest things happen when you don't give up.  I took perfecting Kanako as a challenge at the end (not 'oh I lose'), just like my low-score MoF extra run does everything from Jade of the Horrid River onwards with no lives in stock.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #939 on: April 04, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »
Same thing happened to me with [Hard] Devil's Recitation and [Hard] LFS.

Both are still 1/1. :getdown:

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #940 on: April 04, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
Tried TD Lunatic for the first time to unlock the stages in practice (just 1cced Hard not too long ago), and it's a lot harder than Hard. I did manage to capture at least one card from every boss, a few highlights being Heal by Desire (must have been with .2 seconds left, honestly) as well as Mononobe's Eighty Sake Cups and Newborn Divine Spirit.

lol 7 continues though >_>
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:03:15 PM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #941 on: April 04, 2012, 10:38:14 PM »
Still, 3-5 are the only PC-98 games I'm really going to even try and get good at, I think SoEW is a horribly flawed game by comparison to the later PC-98 stuff, wonky as fuck hitboxes and very strange bomb delay contribute to this, as well as the fact that (the PC98 games in general have this problem) your own bullets don't fall into the background as easily, meaning I often get confused, not as a result of not reacting quick enough or sheer density but just not being able to see what the hell I'm doing.

Yea, I've never really been a fan of SoEW even though I tried it a few times. Go for Mystic Square now, especially since it's not too bad until the stage 4 boss fight at least for me, and the stage 6 boss theme is EPIC considering the technology used to make it.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Zil

« Reply #942 on: April 04, 2012, 11:06:43 PM »
Oh yeah, Mystic Sqaure is a thousand times better, so don't let LLS ruin your opinion of PC-98. PoDD's still the best though, so that's the one I'd recommend. :D

HRtP is also pretty fun for what it is.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #944 on: April 04, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »

That was fun, actually, I'm still not sick of it since it actually uses a bit of strategy. More fun than Yoshika's random knife spam and Kyouko's charming siege from all sides.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #945 on: April 04, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
HRtP is also pretty fun for what it is.

See this is exactly why everything Zil says should be disregarded because clearly he's outta his mind.  :D Though I guess he's right about MS being better than LLS. Because of Yumeko if nothing else.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #946 on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:30 AM »
[attach=1]

How the fuck did I do this when the last run lost all but one life to Yuki and Mai then derped against Yumeko's laser spam, resulting in a game over?

I'm not kidding, this is the first time I've even GOTTEN TO SHINKI without continuing. I won with THREE LIVES IN STOCK. Compared to CONTINUING THREE TIMES, TWICE TO HER FUCKING CHEETO LASERS, this is a pretty massive win and the score seems pretty high. Is it?

Oh and I've tried Extra. I got pretty far for my first try but then on the second try I game over'd to the Jack of an Unknown Face (My nickname for the MS Extra Midboss because he has no suit shown on his card, though you can clearly see a "J".). I need to bomb more.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #947 on: April 05, 2012, 01:34:48 AM »
Oh, hooray.

First try 1CCs are always worthy of celebration.

The game in question?

Marine Benefit.

I got AppLocale running properly, finally :D
So happy~ I can finally start tinkering with Danmakufu~

Next time: Taizen Chisou Fails to Otohime Kanpukugu

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #948 on: April 05, 2012, 03:54:50 AM »
Next time: Taizen Chisou Fails to Otohime Kanpukugu

Otohime's actually not all that difficult considering that I got all the way to her "Ten Stars"-like card with the pink rotating bubbles on my first attempt at the stage.  I attribute most of that success to the generous life and bomb system and the fact that I auto-bombed every nonspell.  Those conveyor-belt patterns screw my eyes up still.  Good luck!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #949 on: April 05, 2012, 04:11:03 AM »
YAY I CAPTURED SHINKI'S GOD DAMN CHEETO LASERS ON NORMAL

Enjoy.

« Reply #950 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
Nailed sub 8 million on the special challenge in extra. Replay uploaded when I can.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #951 on: April 05, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »
[attach=1]

How the fuck did I do this when the last run lost all but one life to Yuki and Mai then derped against Yumeko's laser spam, resulting in a game over?

I guess it's because you dodged well. Only 5 miss and 7 bombs. Go for Hard mode next!! - And once you feel up to it, you can go for a Lunatic that I've never cleared.  :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #952 on: April 05, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »
So I just captured Emerald Megalith on lunatic.

In a 1cc run, with a bomb in stock.  Seriously guys, what's so hard about this spell  :V

« Reply #953 on: April 05, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
Iirc, it's something a lot harder when rank is maxed out. It's either that or something related to bubbles. It doesn't look hard but it probably has it's reputation for a reason.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #954 on: April 05, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »
and after capturing Emerald Megalith I went on to manage the lunatic 1cc, with MarisaB, and default lives.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20026
Iirc, it's something a lot harder when rank is maxed out. It's either that or something related to bubbles. It doesn't look hard but it probably has it's reputation for a reason.
I died to the book, bombed right before Patchy and then bombed again on the second non-directional laser.  Emerald Megalith is third, so after the last bomb I captured a spell, so it must have been close to, if not at, max rank.

« Reply #955 on: April 05, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
Okay. Then you probably either underestimate your capabilities and are better at Touhou than you think or it's simply not that hard. The second option actually being quite plausible now that I think about it.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #956 on: April 05, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
PCB Lunatic 1cc

~~~

Story time!

I hate PCB. Considering there are two groups: one that claims that PCB is the easiest Lunatic and the other that... doesn't, I'm definitely with the latter, and not because it's not the easiest Lunatic. I can't explain it -- it has interesting patterns, it has challenging, random spells, and still I do not enjoy them at all. I see the bullets but die to them anyway. Something about the game is way too sloppy: the hitboxes, the animated bullets, something. It's gotten to the point that I felt like I could 1cc it easy but just didn't feel like it. And when I DID try some serious attempts just to get it over with, my motivation to keep going drains insanely fast due to how easy it is to derp to Chen.

In fact, I can count the number of runs that got past Stage 2, be it due to a lack of restarting or due to having 'survived' Stage 2, with one hand.

This is an attempt in which I decided to not give a damn and bomb everything in sight. It's funny, because earlier attempts with the very same method STILL died on Stage 2. However, this attempt made it to Alice, which was new.

What followed was an attempt in which I grit my teeth and literally went on and fought my way through stages until I died. Of course, I didn't die, because I was so concentrated on survival I was actually surviving! By that, I mean none of my infamous, untimely, consecutive derps with full bombs. By that, I mean full exploitation of border breaks. By that, I mean nervous dodging that actually gets the job done.

Of course, all this lasted until I reached a certain stage of panic, which was during the Stage 6 spam. To which I died TWICE, losing 3 bombs. I was crushed, since I actually thought I'd never have to see this game again with a fluke attempt that reached Yuyuko with 4 lives. Of course, now I'd reach her with 2, which wasn't enough.

Yeah, screw you Yuyuko. Breakdown or not, I'm not derping to you.

I SUPER NERVOUSLY reached RB with 1L1B.

Fighting and getting that final extend in the middle of the card was quite the triumph.

And it was over.

I don't care if this run is bad. All I can think of is how I don't have to beat this game ever again and I am currently overjoyed thinking that.

>:D

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #957 on: April 05, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »
I can sort of see a basis for what BT's talking about. I can't be the only one here who thinks the newer Windows games (MoF onward) are in general much better than the older ones. Though since I got into Touhou shortly after UFO came out, my thinking on the matter is admittedly skewed, but considering how much more time ZUN has had to polish the engine, bullet pattern designs, etc. it's kind of expected to see improvement in later installments.

Regardless, congrats on the 1cc!

Okay. Then you probably either underestimate your capabilities and are better at Touhou than you think or it's simply not that hard. The second option actually being quite plausible now that I think about it.
So I'm not the only one who thought that. I'm not crazy after all. :V

I may not play EoSD anymore, but back when I did I would usually try to go through Stage 4 bombing only once or twice at worst before Emerald Megalith. I had heard about people calling it bullshit before, but I never really saw it that way. Those people need to learn to read farther in advance, if you ask me. Keep yourself in good position to dodge stuff and the card's not bad at all.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #958 on: April 05, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
Congrats on that PCB clear. Bombing everything in sight is exactly the way to do it.  :D

I can't be the only one here who thinks the newer Windows games (MoF onward) are in general much better than the older ones.

Nope, there are a lot of people who feel that way.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #959 on: April 05, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
PCB Lunatic 1cc
Nice!
Now to edit your wall of text to fit a different game and my opinions.
I hate TD. Considering there are two groups: one that claims that TD is the easiest Lunatic and the other that... doesn't, I'm definitely with the latter, and not because it's not the easiest Lunatic. I see the bullets but die to them anyway.  It's gotten to the point that I felt like I could 1cc it easy but just didn't feel like it. And when I DID try some serious attempts just to get it over with, my motivation to keep going drains insanely fast due to how easy it is to derp to Kyouko.

In fact, I can count the number of runs that got past Stage 2, be it due to a lack of restarting or due to having 'survived' Stage 2, with one hand.
On a more serious note, PCB isn't the easiest lunatic either-Mountain of Faith is, as long as you can dodge VoWG at least somewhat.