Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258373 times)

Matsuri

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #930 on: August 31, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
The butterfly wings can really throw one off. Those bullets aren't as big as they seem.  ;)

Bananamatic

« Reply #931 on: August 31, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »
Unseasonable Butterfly Storm.....took me 291 attempts. Then I've figured out that I can just go up and down and got it within 20.

Matsuri

« Reply #932 on: August 31, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »
At least it's not as bad as Fantasy Heaven. That took me over 300 tries.

Bananamatic

« Reply #933 on: August 31, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »
I still didn't unlock that one.

Is 14 attempts for Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana good? :V

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #934 on: August 31, 2009, 04:36:24 PM »
EDIT: I'm proving to myself more and more that UFO lunatic is possible. I just managed UFO stage 5 lunatic's stage portion without dying. Then I died three times on Syou, but anywaaaaay. Basically, this game is EoSD on a level up in difficulty: Random, difficult yet doable stages, and extremely hard bosses that make all the stages pale in comparison.
I may need to feast upon your brain sometime. Before I quit with UFO I would routinely find the STAGES harder than the BOSSES (exempting Byakuren, of course). In fact I have a no-bomb 1-miss run of Syou here somewhere. At least I hope I saved and didn't delete that replay...
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Matsuri

« Reply #935 on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:46 PM »
I still didn't unlock that one.

Is 14 attempts for Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana good? :V

Seeing that it took me over 100 tries, yeah. However, someone on YouTube taught me a neat trick to beating that card without moving. Which ironically only took me like 4-5 tries. (Don't pay attention to the history on that card, I use multiple score.dat files, so the number for that one is off. However, my capture of Fantasy Heaven is on that video there at the very end, and it actually took me more tries than the history shows since I experimented with different characters too. :p
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:48:59 PM by Matsuri »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #936 on: August 31, 2009, 05:46:21 PM »

Matsuri

« Reply #937 on: August 31, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
Another last word down!

That one's fun! I like using Marisa to take out all of the familiars, and just time out the lasers. :p

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #938 on: August 31, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
NUE CLEAR!

Went in 4/2...finished 0/0.  Yeah.  Everything was fine until Danmaku Chimera.  Why am I so bad at that card?

Also, replay.  And yes, it's a clear, whether it says so or not.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #939 on: August 31, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
Congrats man!!

I watched your replay and you really don't like going to the POC do you? hahaha

Your VoWG was pretty good too :)

Hopefully I'll beat it on Hard today to move on to PCB and EoSD...

Thanks. :D

Yeah, I really suck at getting points... I need to work on that. I'm lucky if I actually reach the 150mil mark in MoF, I usually concentrate completely on survival rather than points, which ironically means I usually get less lives. And I understand where you're coming from about VoWG now, heh... it suddenly becomes much more difficult when you have a 1cc riding on it.

Anyway, good luck with your Hard 1cc. :)
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #940 on: August 31, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »
And I understand where you're coming from about VoWG now, heh... it suddenly becomes much more difficult when you have a 1cc riding on it.

Yes it does.

But nevermind me... I definitely have issues with it.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #941 on: August 31, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
I just did Resurrection Butterfly without dying at all, and only bombing it once. Now, if only I could do the rest of the Yuyuko battle without dying 4+ times... =/ *has been doing practice runs of PCB Stage 6*

« Reply #942 on: August 31, 2009, 11:51:35 PM »
Just got to Kanako for the first time in MoF normal. I died on her second spellcard, but at least I now have stage 5 for practice, although I clipdeathed there mostly. Replay here.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #943 on: September 01, 2009, 12:30:38 AM »
I just perfected MoF stage 1.

I'm pretty sure I've done this before, but then again who knows? This is one of those stages that makes you not want to touch it. Minoriko's second non-spell confused the hell out of me for a long time for some reason.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #944 on: September 01, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »
...I can't believe it! I tried playing PCB Extra, (not sure why I was insane enough to try it) and I actually reached Ran! ...Her first nonspell is strangely easy.

« Reply #945 on: September 01, 2009, 12:58:16 AM »
Somehow 1cced MoF Easy with ReimuA when I wasn't expecting it! :P
I wasn't really trying hard in anything except for Stage 6 so it really came as a surprise. :o
(And just for the record I've 1cced Easy before with ReimuC but nothing better than that :V)

Matsuri

« Reply #946 on: September 01, 2009, 01:04:15 AM »
...I can't believe it! I tried playing PCB Extra, (not sure why I was insane enough to try it) and I actually reached Ran! ...Her first nonspell is strangely easy.

Her first spell is super easy too when you know the trick to it. Just slooooowly tap left or right as she attacks and you won't get hit by that mess of bullets-- and it's a free extend before the fun begins!

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #947 on: September 01, 2009, 01:24:02 AM »
FINALLY capped Peerless Wind God Lunatic. It wasn't even a very good capture, I wasn't trying that hard, just I randomly happened to not get clusterfucked down the right hand side of the screen as much as usual and I got a cap without even really expecting it. :V Well, whatever. That took me more attempts than VoWG Lunatic. Now I just have some Sanae cards and Suwako's survival cards left until I've capped everything... really not looking forward to Red Frog. <_<
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #948 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51:42 AM »
I love playing against Sanae.

I love practicing her cards... they're so nice! =P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #949 on: September 01, 2009, 02:59:50 AM »
FINALLY capped Peerless Wind God Lunatic. It wasn't even a very good capture, I wasn't trying that hard, just I randomly happened to not get clusterfucked down the right hand side of the screen as much as usual and I got a cap without even really expecting it. :V Well, whatever. That took me more attempts than VoWG Lunatic. Now I just have some Sanae cards and Suwako's survival cards left until I've capped everything... really not looking forward to Red Frog. <_<
That's pretty much how captures of PBSG tend to go.  And Red Frog is nothing...Suwa War is where it's at.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #950 on: September 01, 2009, 05:28:36 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4631

Nearly 50 tries later, I managed to beat UFO stage 3 lunatic without dying. But I was SO CLOSE to capturing King Kraken Punch. ;_;

I'mma gonna keep from playing full runs of hard and lunatic until the English patch comes out.

Spoiler:
Rumor has it it's going to be out much sooner than any previous patch

EDIT: Also, a bit earlier than that I finally captured Ghost Wheels without slowdown. Not only that, but it was at 0.00 power. :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:50:47 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #951 on: September 01, 2009, 05:53:40 AM »
PCB NORMAL 1CC WITH TWO LIVES LEFT!!!!!!!!!!! No words can describe how excited I am right now! YES! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4632 It doesn't say "Cleared" but it is. And I'm happy :3

Matsuri

« Reply #952 on: September 01, 2009, 06:04:06 AM »
PCB NORMAL 1CC WITH TWO LIVES LEFT!!!!!!!!!!! No words can describe how excited I am right now! YES! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4632 It doesn't say "Cleared" but it is. And I'm happy :3

Good job! Now aim for a Phantasm Clear!  ;)

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #953 on: September 01, 2009, 07:58:21 AM »
Got to Kaguya on Lunatic.

...what?

Why is IN so easy?

nintendonut888

« Reply #954 on: September 01, 2009, 08:10:33 AM »
You know what? I think LFO IS micromemorizable! I got it down to a sliver of life, AGAIN, after being caught in a literally undodgeable cluster of bullets that walled me from all sides AGAIN. Definitely the most dangerous parts of the attack are when the phases change, because bullets from the last phase interfere with the bullets of the next phase, making things that much harder to dodge (this is most definitely intentional though, because by the time those bullets clear, it's time for the next phase to begin).

Also, Superhuman is officially trivial to me. Once you realize actually following Byakuren is useless, you can end the attack by just standing in one place.

Plus, I think I finally saw the light on how to dodge the final WTF SKILL part of Magic Butterfly. I still failed it, but if I can master that dodge...

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #955 on: September 01, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »
UFO S5 Hard. Because this shows how SanaeB trivializes the stage. I could reproduce similar results for Lunatic, but the pre-boss waves are much, much more dangerous at that difficulty.

I swear, I will 1cc after tomorrow's early morning lecture. I can do this. I've prepared enough I believe. I just need to bomb the end SCs because they clip like crazy.

EDIT: Yep, definitely not 1cc material tonight. Spelling mistakes are horrendous.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:32:48 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #956 on: September 01, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »
Finally, I have defeated UFO normal.

... why do I have this strange compulsion to do it again?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #957 on: September 01, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »

Because the Shinki lasers are totally sweet. :V

Also, just got my first capture of Rorschach, woo (and about three near-misses of Genetics and Philosophy <_<).
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #958 on: September 01, 2009, 07:15:09 PM »

Because you desire to be better. You know you can do better. You cannot resist...

Also to be more on topic I 1cc'd China's scenario in 12.3 on easy last night (you can see why I wasn't rushing to post that). I can't wait for the translation patch so I can read the ending, because it looks adorable. I can see that China's dream seems to be inspired by manga from the pictures.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:18:18 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #959 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »
HELL YEA! 1CC MOUNTAIN OF FAITH LUNATIC! 3 LUNATICS DOWN!

Now, excuse me while I watch UFO videos to learn how to play as Sanae-B, as I am not willing to experience the mental trauma of failing to 1cc UFO on hard with Reimu-A.