Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258379 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #870 on: August 30, 2009, 12:54:05 AM »
Wellll, it's not quite VoWG, but I managed to get my first capture of Source of Rains Lunatic. :V
I hate that card.  Capped it, but it's still stupid and I still hate it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Bananamatic

« Reply #871 on: August 30, 2009, 01:04:37 AM »
How the hell are you supposed to damage Kanako anyways?
I always enter with 1-2 power at most, I've managed to survive until 20 seconds left and then clipped something.....I never do enough damage :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #872 on: August 30, 2009, 01:08:53 AM »
I always enter with 1-2 power at most, I've managed to survive until 20 seconds left and then clipped something.....I never do enough damage :V

You damage her excruciatingly slowly while you fly backwards and forwards across the screen really fast. Which is why, as theshim says, it's a stupid asshole of a spell card. :V

EDIT: Kickass. After having so many attempts at Stage 6 Lunatic, I went and had another try at Stage 6 Hard. It wasn't quite a perfect run, but no deaths and I captured all five spell cards, so that's pretty cool. Hm... I wonder if I could time out VoWG hard...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:20:31 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #873 on: August 30, 2009, 01:11:07 AM »
It's easy(in concept), but it's stupid too, so you'll die more then you should by really awkward walls or just clipdeath. I just bomb it anyways, as it lets me 4OptionMarisaC VoWG for massive damage.

Bananamatic

« Reply #874 on: August 30, 2009, 01:26:04 AM »

You damage her excruciatingly slowly while you fly backwards and forwards across the screen really fast. Which is why, as theshim says, it's a stupid asshole of a spell card. :V

I dodged her crap for 70 seconds and she still had like 1/3 life.....
 :-\

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #875 on: August 30, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »
Actually, if you do it "right", then it shouldn't take that long at all. Though, that does come with greater risks.

Also, I feel that the waves for "VoWG" Lunatic have slowed down considerably for me, hence the random capture after only 1 try today  :V

To get you started, you start at the middle, and a little bit to the right. Move right slowly, making sure that the Enemy marker's center is to your left (i.e. you are still on the right side of it. Once you pass the 2nd stream on the (extreme) side, you make the circle, and repeat, remembering to watch for the circular waves of triangular bullets.

Figured out more of Syou's 1st SC. It's not 100% static, but more like... 70-80%. The other %age is aimed.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #876 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:26 AM »
Huh, cool. I just managed to time out VoWG Hard down to 64 seconds without getting hit. Having said that I died about four times during that last minute, but still. I might actually be able to do this.

EDIT: Aaaaand then going back to the game I forget to save the replay. Goddamnit.

EDIT again: Just had another single death on VoWG Lunatic. I think I'm getting the hang of all the crazy dodges between amulets... a capture may come soon. :V

Also, is it just me or is the difficulty for Kanako's second non-card completely messed up? It seems that Lunatic < Hard < Normal, at least for me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:01:36 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #877 on: August 30, 2009, 02:04:08 AM »
Unless I clip it, it's simple streaming on Hard.....but Unremembered Crop can go die :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #878 on: August 30, 2009, 02:09:15 AM »
Unless I clip it, it's simple streaming on Hard.....but Unremembered Crop can go die :V

Well yeah, but it's even simpler streaming on Lunatic. On Hard you at least have to move around a bit, I mean I clip that every so often too, but Lunatic is just a simple, short 'right, left, right left' dodge. I don't think I've actually ever messed up the Lunatic version. On Normal I usually end up needing to move backwards and forwards across almost the whole length of the screen. Who knows, maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but it seems strange that a tactic that works for Lunatic wouldn't work on Normal. :V
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #879 on: August 30, 2009, 02:11:51 AM »
For Hard, all you need to do is move up a bit, problem solved. Normal's you can take by "rhythmic" movements (i.e. counting before you swap directions).

Still, Lunatic < Hard < Normal.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #880 on: August 30, 2009, 03:32:10 AM »
OH YES
OHHH YES
FINALLY

Oh man that felt awesome that is the best spell card ever. VoWG Lunatic captured!

Most of the run wasn't amazing; my deaths were one to Divine Crop and two to that asshole of a fourth non-card, but that doesn't matter because I captured VoWG Lunatic. :D

Man, Resurrection Butterfly 80% and VoWG Lunatic on the same day, that's kickass. But then again, hours and hours of playing for only two spell cards. Huh. :V I wonder what I should do next... I don't really feel like trying to get another 1cc yet. That'll be tomorrow, though, I'm pretty drained after that and it's way too late to be starting anything else now.
Let's fight.

theshirn

« Reply #881 on: August 30, 2009, 03:43:22 AM »
OH YES
OHHH YES
FINALLY

Oh man that felt awesome that is the best spell card ever. VoWG Lunatic captured!

Most of the run wasn't amazing; my deaths were one to Divine Crop and two to that asshole of a fourth non-card, but that doesn't matter because I captured VoWG Lunatic. :D

Man, Resurrection Butterfly 80% and VoWG Lunatic on the same day, that's kickass. But then again, hours and hours of playing for only two spell cards. Huh. :V I wonder what I should do next... I don't really feel like trying to get another 1cc yet. That'll be tomorrow, though, I'm pretty drained after that and it's way too late to be starting anything else now.
ASDFASDFASDFGHDFIGSDJFGNHIFGMRERIMEIKNKGBDM

good job

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #882 on: August 30, 2009, 04:46:25 AM »
Just made it through UFO lunatic stage 4's stage portion without dying. Never mind how many deaths I had against Murasa. Her third non-spell is absolutely ridiculous, even if it is static. It's even worse than Tewi's static first phase that is still concentrated death. I did manage to capture her third spell card though.

Also, Unzan's brofists need the help of someone to just show its hitbox so we can finally figure out how the god damn thing is supposed to look. I clip the top of the fist all the time on Ichirin's second spell card, yet this practice run in hard (as I thought, it's MUCH easier after playing lunatic as much as I have) I was entirely inside one of the brofist's knuckles. o_O

Also, confirming that midboss Nue's attacks aren't static. Maybe instead they're aimed at your position...

EDIT: I'm proving to myself more and more that UFO lunatic is possible. I just managed UFO stage 5 lunatic's stage portion without dying. Then I died three times on Syou, but anywaaaaay. Basically, this game is EoSD on a level up in difficulty: Random, difficult yet doable stages, and extremely hard bosses that make all the stages pale in comparison.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:18:10 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #883 on: August 30, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »
So, I remembered that I never played PCB with Reimu. Ok, I say to myself, let's try.
And I 1cc the fucker like it was nothing.
Notably, I capture all of Youmu's Spellcards without problem.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #884 on: August 30, 2009, 08:10:18 AM »
Just managed a run of Byakuren where I made it to her fourth non-spell before dying on lunatic. I seem to have finally gotten down her second non-spell, but it's still tough. Also I didn't upload the replay because I still died 3 times on Legendary Flying Object. >_>

Speaking of which, first try on hard Byakuren in a while, I captured LFO hard. How predictable.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:21:26 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #885 on: August 30, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »
Got to stage 14 of thrtp, hell route, on lunatic before the first continue. Well, Kikuri would've wiped the floor with me anyways.  :V

I also beat stage 18 without bombing or dieing. Success!
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #886 on: August 30, 2009, 11:07:47 AM »
Captured Nue's last card on my second extra clear.

I still don't see how people can find Nightmare in (Kyoto) fun. It's a ****ing nightmare for me.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #887 on: August 30, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »

MoF Hard Cleared! Too bad Stage 4 desynched.

VoGW went so well. After 4 bombs, I dodged between amulets at the bottom of the screen about 5 times in a row, with at least one of those only by sheer luck (I lost track of my sprite in a wall of amulets).

That means : I DIDN'T DIE TO VOGW

Replay

Heeeey congratulations!

I got to VoWG 4 times yesterday and still didn't manage to beat her =(
I even got to it once with TWO LIVES and 4.0 =(

I guess I just suck too much at it.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #888 on: August 30, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
I got to VoWG 4 times yesterday and still didn't manage to beat her =(
I even got to it once with TWO LIVES and 4.0 =(

I guess I just suck too much at it.

Have you tried just practicing that stage in stage practice repeatedly? Doing that without the whole rest of the game beforehand might help you to get the hang of it, understand how it works, learn to predict where the waves will come from, etc. :V
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #889 on: August 30, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
Yes I have... I've beaten Kanako with two lives while practicing...

But I get really anxious when I'm playing for real :P
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #890 on: August 30, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »
Yes I have... I've beaten Kanako with two lives while practicing...

But I get really anxious when I'm playing for real :P

Ah, fair enough, I know the feeling... tbh I'll probably be in the same situation when I try and 1cc Lunatic. Highly doubt I'll even come close to a capture. Still... practice does help, a lot. Have you tried going for a capture of it yet? That might help you be more confident about it.
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #891 on: August 30, 2009, 02:32:16 PM »
I'm at VoWG right now..

2 lives 3.5 power... but im shaking far too much to even touch the game...

If i make it, I'll clear with over 400 million score, which is pretty good for a first 1cc...

Man I'll go drink some water and come back later =P
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #892 on: August 30, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »
I'm at VoWG right now..

2 lives 3.5 power... but im shaking far too much to even touch the game...

If i make it, I'll clear with over 400 million score, which is pretty good for a first 1cc...

Man I'll go drink some water and come back later =P

Good luck. :V
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #893 on: August 30, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »
Died as usual: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4604

This was the hardest VoWG I've faced so far...

Whatever :/
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #894 on: August 30, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »
Died as usual: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4604

This was the hardest VoWG I've faced so far...

Whatever :/

Watching your replay, I have a few tips. Firstly, you died on the stage; you might as well bomb spam through the stage section, you get a ton of power-ups from all the enemies so you're unlikely to get low on power. Very nice score, by the way, I've never come close to that. Secondly, there's a much easier way of beating Kanako's 2nd non-card; just move up a bit, and then stream in very small increments right, left, right, left. The fourth non-card, you might as well bomb, it's pretty risky to try and whittle down its health and you want as many lives as possible for VoWG.

Now, for VoWG, from what I can see most of your problems with the card aren't to do with finding the gaps, you can do that well enough; the reason you keep needing to bomb is that you seem very unwilling to move unfocused and because of that you never manage to get around the waves quickly enough. An idea you might want to try out is to practice VoWG in stage practice without using focus at all so you get a feel for how to do the quick dodges. I'll try and make a replay demonstrating all the stuff I mentioned, it should explain much better than me just telling you.

Also, have you considered switching to Reimu B? She'd end VoWG (and everything else) much faster. :V
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #895 on: August 30, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »
I have, but playing with any character other than ReimuA makes the game completely different.

If you see the replay through the other stages, i depend completely on the homming shots to do most of my work while I'm busy dodging and collecting items not to get my faith mark down.

That death was really unnecessary... :(

I dont usually have trouble with the 4th non-card, but going with anything less than 4.0 makes it too long... I died because I didn't move at all.. That was weird.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:28:36 PM by lmagus »
Watch me on Youtube

Drake

« Reply #896 on: August 30, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
Fairly consistently 1ccing PCB Hard.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #897 on: August 30, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »
I'll try and make a replay demonstrating all the stuff I mentioned, it should explain much better than me just telling you.

Replay done. :V Done with Reimu A, also my first time getting a perfect battle against Kanako Hard. Used a bomb during the stage, but still.

Edit to avoid double post: I did a random very very bad (i.e. three continues and still failed) Lunatic run of IN to unlock some more cards for spell practice, and so:
Genealogy of the Sky-Born: 1/2
Game of Rising: 1/3
Omoikane's Brain: 1/3
Apollo 13: 1/7

And then... Earth in a Pot: 1/59.

Is there any good method for beating that or is it really just the clusterfuck that it looks like? I only managed to beat it by repeatedly destroying a load of familiars on each wave and getting lucky.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:32:51 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #898 on: August 30, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »
And then... Earth in a Pot: 1/59.

Is there any good method for beating that or is it really just the clusterfuck that it looks like? I only managed to beat it by repeatedly destroying a load of familiars on each wave and getting lucky.

Really easy if you're using Magic Team, Nether Team, Youmu solo, or Marisa solo.  Just kill lots of familiars on one side to give yourself a huge area to move into.  I have far more trouble with Omoikane's Brain

theshirn

« Reply #899 on: August 30, 2009, 09:04:51 PM »
Well...that was disappointing.

PCB Hard 1cc, including a capture of Resurrection Butterfly!  Vsync patch = magic.  PCB is disturbingly easy with it (at least on Hard, yeah, yeah, go play Lunatic, I can still capture Asura Sword and Ghost Clifford with the input lag so go away Donut, nobody likes you).

Replay, if anyone cares.