Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258388 times)

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #480 on: August 16, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »
Just tried my first lunatic run (IN) and completed it with only 1 contine  :V Now I just need to complete extra stage, only about 4 spellcards left

« Reply #481 on: August 16, 2009, 11:21:16 AM »
I think I'll skip looking at the first two replays by Derp because they are probably tool assisted too. What convinced me most in his replay of VoWG no-focus timeout is the bomb he used in the first non spell. In the stage he was taking gigantic risks to keep his score, but bombing that non spell turns much of the point item into power item, which a professional scorer would never do. His motive in doing that is probably because that attack can easily show that the replay was tool-assisted. He gave himself too little space in the first spell card and took too much unnecessary risk in the third.
The fourth replay I knew he cheated right away because nobody dodges the first non spell like he did, also the beginning of VoWG was just BS.

anyway this can be a little off topic, I guess as long as everybody is knows it's tool assisted there's no point t further prove it.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #482 on: August 16, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »
I didn't even bother to look until you pointed it out.

This statement seems to say it all:
As a whole, the replays sum up to be inconsistent levels of play.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #483 on: August 16, 2009, 12:13:17 PM »
Quote from: donut
He didn't have a death fairy in [UFO]!
In a sense...~

I'm watching the replay and it seems like the only really tough wave of the final card came just as Hiziri lost her last HP.  Still, I agree that the major difficulty from that card seems like pressure (mmm, 0/0 going into it).  It's nice to see that her second card is still a gimme on Lunatic though.

LtC

« Reply #484 on: August 16, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »
Cleared the extra on Sanae A.

The boss feels pretty uninspired and boring specially compared to the last 3 stages of the main game. The sixth boss on normal feels harder than extra boss, maybe it's just me. The main game itself feels pretty good though, specially compared to the other games, at least for now.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
Woo, first Normal 1cc of UFO! Used Reimu A and finished with four spare lives, and got my first captures of the eye lasers, the survival card, Hiziri's weirdass curvy lasers, the Shinki limiting lasers and her second-to-last card. Died on the final card twice at the end, but still... a decent run, I think. On to Extra!
Let's fight.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2009, 02:03:33 PM »
Finally UFO Easy 1cc

Finished 0/0 hahaha

I reached stage 5 with 8 lives, and stage 6 with only 3...

Died once to her last spell...

That game is harder than SA. Moving to Normal now...
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
So here's basically how this run went down:
(...)

This is hilariously similar to my PCB Lunatic 1cc, down to the Stage 1 death.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #488 on: August 16, 2009, 03:55:50 PM »
Two Replays:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4329
UFO Normal 1cc, Great Magic "Devil's Recitation" Normal Capture.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4331
Flying Fantastica Normal Capture (Ignore the rest of the stage)

Derp

« Reply #489 on: August 16, 2009, 06:25:04 PM »
My replays are not tool-assisted; they are the result of 1000+ stage runs and 750 VoWG attempts spread over about 2 months. In the first 3 replays I uploaded I wasn't playing for score; I just wanted to get to VoWG as fast as possible, so I take risks (Often dying- I don't care, it's just a practice run) to make the rest of the stage go by faster and be less tedious.
Quote from: exe3e
What convinced me most in his replay of VoWG no-focus timeout is the bomb he used in the first non spell. In the stage he was taking gigantic risks to keep his score, but bombing that non spell turns much of the point item into power item, which a professional scorer would never do.

1. I actually find Kanako's opener harder and more tiring than the entire stage before it.
2. Like I said above, I wasn't going for score.
3. I'm not a "professional scorer".
...also the beginning of VoWG was just BS.
I micromemorized that first wave and can pull that off 90% of the time. (Not sure if 10% error rate is due to randomization or  movement throwing off the red wave's aim.)

1. Pick up the items from the previous spell card and get to the bottom center of the screen.
2. Get as close to the center as you can using the E in the enemy marker for reference and focused diagonal movement for extra precision.
3. 3 "walls" of red amulets will come at you. 2 in front that overlap as they reach the bottom of the screen and 1 more spread out behind them.
4. Don't move, and the first 2 waves should narrowly miss you.
5. Tap to the left/right to dodge the third wave.

It's important to do the first 2 steps quickly because at least the red waves are aimed.
Quote from: BaitySM
...the strat for scoring is well, outdated. Clearly, he hasn't seen my scoring strat for the stage  :V
I've seen your replay, but you use ReimuA and don't collect some point items at max value. Don't think it's possible to get all of the items at max value without bombs.
He's missing another 4 point items on top of his current score.
You're talking about the ones that became power items after Yamato Torus, right?

« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »
Ah.. UFO Normal 1CC. Everything went great until the final boss were i lost a crapload of lives. Too bad but whatever. My first clears of anything tend to suck.

I think UFO has proven a lot of fun. Has anyone checked out Lunatic difficulty? Is it still bullshit or has it been toned down? I hope it is. Even if it isn't, Normal mode is still much fun.

Although there are some problems here and there. First of all: The Final boss' (omg, i don't remember name of a Touhou girl. Shoot me!) i think 3rd spellcard. The one with the lasers and the four aimed stars. That spell sucks!

I don't like most of Syous non-spells. Her music is damn amazing though.
Stage 4: Nothing wrong with that. The music in the stage portion is fine but it really took me aback.

Oh yes. I tried the extra stage. I made it to Nues third spell. The one with the curving lasers. That one is horrible.

« Reply #491 on: August 16, 2009, 06:46:08 PM »
*sees Derps post*

I'm getting a flashback to a certain someone.

Its easy just to post that you spent over 1000 attempts at the stage and over 750 for VoWG. That doesn't make it the truth.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #492 on: August 16, 2009, 07:20:41 PM »
Hell yeah, UFO Extra cleared! Got my first cap of the survival card too, which was pretty sweet. Finished 0/0, heh... the last card ended just as I used my last bomb and so it looked as if Nue got blown up by the Amulet Chaingun, which looked pretty awesome. ;D

Not a lot else to say other than that I HATEHATEHATE her 7th (I think) spell card, it seems like a weird mix of Genetics and Princess Tenko with fog added for extra insanity. @_@

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4332
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #493 on: August 16, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »
My replays are not tool-assisted; they are the result of 1000+ stage runs and 750 VoWG attempts spread over about 2 months.
I'm going to need a screenshot of your Spell Card record.

...also the beginning of VoWG was just BS.
Quote from: Derp
I micromemorized that first wave and can pull that off 90% of the time. (Not sure if 10% error rate is due to randomization or  movement throwing off the red wave's aim.)
Quote from: Derp
1. Pick up the items from the previous spell card and get to the bottom center of the screen.
2. Get as close to the center as you can using the E in the enemy marker for reference and focused diagonal movement for extra precision.
3. 3 "walls" of red amulets will come at you. 2 in front that overlap as they reach the bottom of the screen and 1 more spread out behind them.
4. Don't move, and the first 2 waves should narrowly miss you.
5. Tap to the left/right to dodge the third wave.
I'm willing to believe this to some degree. But why bother doing it, really?
If I cannot reproduce this (and believe me, I can reproduce almost any result possible), then there's something off with your method.
Here we go. Took 2 tries. Now I ask you, where / when did you realize that was possible?*

I've seen your replay, but you use ReimuA and don't collect some point items at max value. Don't think it's possible to get all of the items at max value without bombs.
That's because the said run was a No Deaths No Bombs run. Now, If I wanted to use bombs...

You're talking about the ones that became power items after Yamato Torus, right?
No, there's 20 there I believe. The other 4 are from the stage portion.

*Yes, I know what I'm asking. Nobody else answer this.

Playing at 7am has adverse affects on your reading ability.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:34:31 PM by BaitySM »
<>

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #494 on: August 17, 2009, 01:25:07 AM »
I'm not sure whether this should be an accomplishment or a rage, because it could go either way really.

So I managed to 1cc UFO Normal, a heck of a lot sooner than I would have expected. Thing is, I get some stupid hellish lag in a few portions (Unzan's eye laser/fist combo, Murasa's anchor spread mostly). So by the end of it I had a 35% slowdown rate. The suck, I'll have to redo it when I get my new laptop soon. I don't think it will be too bad, the slowdown is on 2 cards that aren't really bad anyways so...

At any rate, I'm highly pleased to have been able to 1cc UFO so soon, am I getting better at this or is UFO just easy?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #495 on: August 17, 2009, 01:53:51 AM »
You know, it's weird. I play UFO at 1/2 frame rate, Unzan and anchor slow my game down to 20 FPS whenever they're on the screen, many other attacks slow to 50 FPS, and yet my slowdown only registered as <2%. I'm guessing 1/2 frame rate breaks the counter.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #496 on: August 17, 2009, 01:57:59 AM »
You know, it's weird. I play UFO at 1/2 frame rate, Unzan and anchor slow my game down to 20 FPS whenever they're on the screen, many other attacks slow to 50 FPS, and yet my slowdown only registered as <2%. I'm guessing 1/2 frame rate breaks the counter.
The "In-game SC clear time V/S Real SC clear time" counter is also somewhat broken, since it keeps counting when you pause the game.

« Reply #497 on: August 17, 2009, 03:05:15 AM »
Kay, so after that epiphany I had last night, I've managed to perfect UFO stage 3 lunatic's stage portion about three or four times now.  Really, this stage is just a bunch of streaming and isn't all that bad at all, and I'm kind of embarassed at how long it took me to figure it all out (clearly I haven't been watching Baity's replays enough :V).  The worst part about it is Ichirin's first boss card, which admittedly is still a pile of shit.  Perfecting it actually seems like a possibility now.

nintendonut888

« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:35 AM »
Then can you let me in on the secret? I can do the walling part by staying on the left side for a while, but I end up getting walled anyway. And I've seen replays, but the triple shotting fairies from hell end up killing me. What's their big secret?

On topic, I just beat Byakuren on normal capturing everything except her third spell card and fourth non-spell (nearly got the latter though).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #499 on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:50 AM »
Kay, so after that epiphany I had last night, I've managed to perfect UFO stage 3 lunatic's stage portion about three or four times now.  Really, this stage is just a bunch of streaming and isn't all that bad at all, and I'm kind of embarassed at how long it took me to figure it all out (clearly I haven't been watching Baity's replays enough :V).  The worst part about it is Ichirin's first boss card, which admittedly is still a pile of shit.  Perfecting it actually seems like a possibility now.
Two THREE Words
REPLAY FUCKING WHERE?

Damit Donut. I beat Byakuren on normal capturing everything except her 2 last non-cards, and Flying Fantastica.

Uh, your run is better because you capped FF.

« Reply #500 on: August 17, 2009, 03:16:47 AM »
Two THREE Words
REPLAY FUCKING WHERE?

Here you go:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4353

I'll clarify some parts just for the hell of it

-For the white-blue bullet clouds, the spawning points for the yin-yangs are static.  To make it easier, stand still while the enemies blow up so that the aimed white orbs bunch up.  That way you only have to worry about the blue bullets.

-I fucking hate Ichirin's midboss nonspell.  Anyone have any tips for it?  >_>

-The black-arrow fairies have semi-static spawnpoints, so as long as you're not at 1.00 power(which, yknow, is always a possibility) they're easy to kill fast enough.

-The last streaming bit... I'd have trouble explaining it, so just watch the replay.  The most important things are to a) know when the black-arrow fairies show up so you can get to the bottom right and kill them fast.  And, b) after the red wave preceding the second arrow-fairy, get to the bottom right and stream the final preboss wave slowly to the left.

Yep.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:22:30 AM by Azinth »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #501 on: August 17, 2009, 05:44:06 AM »
-I fucking hate Ichirin's midboss nonspell.  Anyone have any tips for it?  >_>
The general grid pattern is static, just run the stage many times until you can parse the pattern just off of Ichirin's position on the screen and act accordingly.

Other than that, I can't see any other way of attacking it, it's quite hard for a stage 3 noncard.

I still have a better cap rate on it than most of Ichirin's boss spellcards, jesus christ those things are horrible. Random varying slowdown between 40fps and 60fps does *not* help at all either, it merely increases the amount of times I plowed into a bullet due to Sudden FPSJump.

On a side note, I think I have most of stage 5 Lunatic down by now, apart from the fact that Syou's first and second noncards can basically go to hell (story in Touhou Rage thread) and I'm starting to think this can basically be perfected given a little time.

Also I capped Kogasa's first spellcard a couple of times and almost managed to time it out once without dying (timing that thing out is silly, you get entirely too many of those oddly-moving boulders that will sometimes uppercut you from even THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN)
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

nintendonut888

« Reply #502 on: August 17, 2009, 07:23:35 AM »
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR.

HARD MODE OPEN FOR SPELL PRACTICE, god damn it. I have to say, this continue system is brilliant in a way: While it's a lot harder to get through, it really does a good job of helping you get better at the stage; after all, it's basically forcing you to be good enough to get through the stage on 2 lives.

Syou seems to be copying Orin in that she's much harder than Byakuren. Byakuren gets a huge jump in difficulty from normal, but she still has too many throwaway attacks to be harder than Syou. I was in dismay when I realized that bombs do a decreased amount of damage to Byakuren's fifth spell card BTW. D: Nonetheless, woot woot!

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #503 on: August 17, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »
... Finally.

After 2 days worth of torture, I managed to clear UFO on Easy with Marisa A. Still got a bad ending for a crapload of continues (all of which happened in Stage 6); I didn't even get to see the staff roll, thus missed the opportunity to hear 'Returning Home From the Sky ~ Sky Dream.'

Well... at least all stages are now open in Practice Mode; looks like I need to practice a lot more...

*Sigh* Will I ever be able to 1cc any Touhou game in any difficulty?

« Reply #504 on: August 17, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »
UFO Normal 1cc achieved.

But oh my lord it was bad. I had 7 lives going into the Stage 6 boss and lost 3 of them before her second card, all with bombs in stock. Her second-last spellcard got me down to no lives in stock, and I was doing her last card (Flying Fantastica) blind. I managed to capture it blind (probably because of all the VoWG grinding) and I was shaking by the end of it.

The "Shinki attack" was *AWESOME* though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:06:54 PM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Derp

« Reply #505 on: August 17, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
Here, a screenshot of my spellcard history. I have a one death, no bombs, no focus timeout of VoWG (First of like 25-30, most of them not saved or overwritten.) from 7/06 if anybody would like to dissect that.
I'm willing to believe this to some degree. But why bother doing it, really?
Because I can do it consistently, and it shaves off a second or two when trying to cap it. I wouldn't do it during a 1cc attempt, but there's not much to lose during a practice run.
Now I ask you, where / when did you realize that was possible?*
I took my hands off my keyboard while VoWG was starting up to stretch them, and when I put them back without looking I put them on the wrong keys(Easily done because I use the pl;' keys for movement).
No, there's 20 there I believe. The other 4 are from the stage portion.
You're going to have to point them out for me then, I checked and I can't find them.

Noticed someone flagged my replays as unmarked tool assisted. It would be appreciated if someone who knows the person in charge of the replay archive could forward my posts(most importantly, the screenshot) so he/she can make proper judgment.

« Reply #506 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »
What's up with the massive difference in attempts between Mad Dance and Divining Crop?  ???

Mad Dance isn't a hard spellcard *at all*, so you shouldn't be dying/restarting to it anywhere near that much... (not an accusation of shenanigans, just curious as to why it's that big).
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #507 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »
...just for consistency; also for the same shot type, upload the screenshot(s) for Stage 6 Easy / Normal / Hard because "Play Count" (and "Play Time") counts all the difficulties together.

EDIT: Don't attach them, but hotlink them to save scrolling space too. If possible  :V
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:10:36 PM by BaitySM »
<>

Derp

« Reply #508 on: August 17, 2009, 12:18:12 PM »
What's up with the massive difference in attempts between Mad Dance and Divining Crop?  ???

Mad Dance isn't a hard spellcard *at all*, so you shouldn't be dying/restarting to it anywhere near that much... (not an accusation of shenanigans, just curious as to why it's that big).
Probably because I usually restart if I fail Kanako's opener. 

@BaitySM:
I'll do that.

Derp

« Reply #509 on: August 17, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »
Haven't played easy/normal/hard in a long time. Gibberish means I haven't done the card since I last patched.