Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258747 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
Aaaand that's probably my last achievement for a while since I'm away for a few weeks with no Touhou. ;_;

Okay, I was wrong, my last achievement for a while is IN Extra no focus cleared.

I almost got clipdeath'd during the non-cards so many times it's ridiculous, but then that was balanced out by the utter rape from Fujiyama Volcano. Also lol Xu Fu's Dimension, Honest Man's Death, Possessed by Phoenix, Hourai Doll, and Keine in general.

No idea what brought on the whole 'must no focus clear all the extras' thing, but it's surprisingly fun.
Let's fight.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2009, 08:53:01 PM »
So I decide to play MS normal to find something to rage about (Most likely Yuki and Mai).
BUT OH WAIT
WHAT IS THIS
ARE MY EYES DECEIVING ME

Holy shit.
Holy shit.
I 1cc'd MS.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2009, 09:05:01 PM »
Congrats, but you should play on default lives. At least, you should until you 1cc it on default lives (I play on max lives because I don't like getting a bad ending. :V)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2009, 12:28:57 AM »
Somebody, slap me in the face.
Like, really hard.

As hard as you can.

nintendonut888

« Reply #334 on: August 05, 2009, 12:30:56 AM »
Not to burst your bubble, but if that translation thread is correct, you had 86% slowdown there. ._. The fact that it gives your score as a bunch of question marks and the bonus text mentions your slowdown help support it more.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »
Wait a moment.
86% slowdown?
Wat :V

Herasy

« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »
Accomplishment get!
IN Normal 1CC clear, 0.08% slowdown
Take that you Hourai NEET!

Next round: SA Normal 1CC  :V

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #337 on: August 05, 2009, 07:46:56 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4195

A failed PCB Reimu A no-focus 1cc attempt.  Despite failing at Resurrection Butterfly for reasons that could be easily prevented (next time I try this, I'm not hesitating for a moment to bomb Ghost Knives), I'm still happy with the result, getting some awesome highlights.  Particularly, I get a few good moments against the Prismrivers, capping both of Lunasa's opening noncards, and their final card.  I also apparently learned how to do the Deadly Dance.  And to give me an epic heart-pumping finish, rather than letting me lose my last life on Sumizome, the kind goddess Suwako smiled upon me, and I somehow deathbordered a bullet by dying, then triggering a border within the deathbomb window.  That at least gave me the chance to confront the epic final card.  Even if I failed against it, I didn't go down without a damn fight.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #338 on: August 05, 2009, 08:04:56 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4195

A failed PCB Reimu A no-focus 1cc attempt.  Despite failing at Resurrection Butterfly for reasons that could be easily prevented (next time I try this, I'm not hesitating for a moment to bomb Ghost Knives), I'm still happy with the result, getting some awesome highlights.  Particularly, I get a few good moments against the Prismrivers, capping both of Lunasa's opening noncards, and their final card.  I also apparently learned how to do the Deadly Dance.  And to give me an epic heart-pumping finish, rather than letting me lose my last life on Sumizome, the kind goddess Suwako smiled upon me, and I somehow deathbordered a bullet by dying, then triggering a border within the deathbomb window.  That at least gave me the chance to confront the epic final card.  Even if I failed against it, I didn't go down without a damn fight.

Suwako Border is incredible. No focus Lunasa's second opener is incredible.

Inspired me to do a no focus run of Stage 6, of which was basically a complete disaster. However, I did capture Resurrection Butterfly if that means anything  ???

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #339 on: August 05, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »
PCB Stage 4 Lunatic.

I'm satisfied. "Pseudo Stradivarius" capture. Lunasa's 2nd non-spell isn't that hard actually. You just have to know the method.

...though, I'm intrigued by Krim's replay now, so I guess I'll go watch that after dinner.

...I'm getting closer to "VoWG" timeout. Best so far is dying at 49 seconds left on the timer.

Still a long way to go though. There are some... interesting waves that occur more frequently as the timer goes down.

The speed that I parse the waves is a bit too long though. By the time I decide my "next" action, the amulets have already moved down too far.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:29:45 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #340 on: August 05, 2009, 04:35:43 PM »
I almost captured Kogasa's first endboss card on Lunatic. With 2 power(MarisaA).

« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
I captured Spell 21 in IN 6 times in a row.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #342 on: August 06, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
At least, you should until you 1cc it on default lives (I play on max lives because I don't like getting a bad ending. :V)
what
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

nintendonut888

« Reply #343 on: August 06, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
What's wrong with playing on max lives if you're just playing for fun? Sure default is the only legitimate way, but it's the same thing if you complete LLS/MS with 3 lives in stock. And if you're confused, I have beaten all of my lunatics default lives at least once (and all but SA at least twice).

« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2009, 01:21:57 AM »
What's wrong with playing on max lives if you're just playing for fun? Sure default is the only legitimate way, but it's the same thing if you complete LLS/MS with 3 lives in stock. And if you're confused, I have beaten all of my lunatics default lives at least once (and all but SA at least twice).

Well i would say that starting with max lives is equally as legitimate as starting with default lives if you have the additional lives in stock when you win. If you win that is.

But no matter how you look at it, playing with max lives is better cause then you don't have to worry about your lives that much compared to if it is a run with default lives. That's actually one of the main reasons i'm not too fond of playing full runs. I don't like to use bombs and i don't like to worry about my lives. Its more fun to just let loose and have fun and give all the spells your best in practice mode.

Still i play with default lives when i actually do a full run. There is more score to be had that way and its more cool to wind up with a crapload of lives at the end if you didn't start out with freaking 7 of them.

nintendonut888

« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2009, 02:44:53 AM »
Actually, I tend to do better when I play on default lives. I value my resources more and use them wisely. However, since LLS gives you an automatic bad ending if you continue during stage 6, I play on max lives for the sake of caution.

« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2009, 04:53:00 AM »
So here's basically how this run went down:

*Attempts lunatic 1cc of EoSD just for the hell of it*
*Dies on stage 1*

Me:  Aw hell... y'know, screw it, I don't feel like restarting so let's just keep going.

*Perfects stage 2*
*Dies 3 times on stage 3, all with bombs in stock*

Me: ...

*Gets through stage 4 with two deaths, one with bombs in stock, ends up at stage 5 with 1/2*
*Manages to 2LC stage 5 (I got MaxRank Killing Doll down to 1/5 life before dying).  Gets to stage 6 with 1/3*

Me:  Oh God, there's no way I'm going to pull this out, I'm fucked...

*Bombs the stage once(yeah...) and Midboss Sakuya twice.  Gets to Remi and dies to the first wave of her opener.*

Me: 0/3?  ...Well, that's pretty much it...

*Caps YDL/second nonspell*
*Caps Hell Mountain/third nonspell*
*Bombs Vamp Illusion/ caps fourth nonspell*
*Doublebombs Scarlet Meister, ends up at Gensokyo with 0/0*

So how did it turn out you ask?

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4199

tl;dr:  FUCKING EPIC END.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:01:06 AM by Azinth »

nintendonut888

« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2009, 07:59:37 AM »
I finally captured Scarlet Gensokyo without lowering Remilia's health from Scarlet Meister. For my 270~th try, I decided to try and make the music match in a way it used to back when I sucked and couldn't center myself on Remilia. It was fun, but it involved timing out Scarlet Meister (with bombs of course). One or two miracle dodges later, and I made a loli asplode.

« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
This one is a bit old, but I managed to clear spell card 144 in IN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3XfhLYv6dE

That was a fun card. I probably have the replays somewhere...

Edit: here's the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4230
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:40:24 AM by psych-cf »

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »
Ancient Duper Captured.

Took around 110 tries. Around 40 with Yukari, 50 with Youmu and 20 with Marisa. I would post a replay, but I'm too lazy to upload.

So that's 8/18 of the LWs.

« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2009, 11:12:14 PM »
Captured all of Patchouli's spellcards in the most retarded extra run ever http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4202

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »
So I do a MoF lolrun with ReimuC. My thoughts: Nah, probably I'll game over on Nitori.
The result? 1cc. The lol part? The only two captured SpellCards were Illusory Dominance and Mountain of Faith. Wat.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2009, 12:09:38 AM »
on that note I have not figured out a practical use for normal Reimu.C shots (other than you aren't moving really slow), any advice?

edit: Azinth, just try a little harder for 200M and post the results on the board please; you would rock
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:13:58 AM by lgb »
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2009, 12:14:17 AM »
on that note I have not figured out a practical use for normal Reimu.C shots (other than you aren't moving really slow), any advice?
Me neither, actually, since that run was filled as fuck with bombing (Which made my MoF capture even more amazing since I was at a brutal 1.45 power and no lives left).
All I can do well with her is shotgunning, and that makes her rubbish for extra (Unless there's something else that you can do).

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2009, 12:23:40 AM »
So I do a MoF lolrun with ReimuC. My thoughts: Nah, probably I'll game over on Nitori.
The result? 1cc. The lol part? The only two captured SpellCards were Illusory Dominance and Mountain of Faith. Wat.
I should do a "0 Spell Card" capture 1cc sometime.

If I didn't clipdeath so much on Kogasa, I would think that I'm starting to like UFO.

"Parasol Star" UFO S2, SC2 is a great Spell Card and all (now anyway...), but it's not exactly S2 level. Feels more S4/5.

...and "Umbrella Express" UFO S2, SC4. I would say that I survived for a fair long time. Of course, the bomb abuse didn't work so well, as was noted earlier. My fault for forgetting it in the first place.

@Phar:

I think you're at the point where luck is becoming a fairly very large factor in obtaining an even higher score now  :V

EDIT 2: ...you were right.

Quote from: score.royalflare
☆983,871,190 - coa

I haven't found any practical use for unfocused ReimuC either. I would say it would be great to destroy enemies to your side, but the damage is far too low for that purpose.

EDIT:

...I guess it's time I started to "properly" work on 1cc EoSD, PCB, IN and SA Lunatics.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:25:37 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2009, 03:33:51 PM »
PoFV Extra cleared. Now I'm finally done with th- What do you mean I have to do it again!?
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Drake

« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4206
IN Easy Marisa solo No focus No vertical.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #357 on: August 07, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »
edit: Azinth, just try a little harder for 200M and post the results on the board please; you would rock

Ask and ye shall recieve.  :V

I was actually intending to do it eventually, but you convinced me to try again.  As for the run, there was an Eternal Meek capture, but that's about all as far as dodging goes.  The rest is just a showcase of me pressing the bomb button at all the right times.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2009, 02:19:02 AM »
I think I'm the first person to do this - or, at least, to have proof.
Story of Eastern Wind - Extra Clear

EX-Cirno is a lot of fun.  Too bad I lag for 70% of the fight due to recording + crappy computer!  Anyway, the game still runs at full speed when FPS is dropped, so 95% of the time it's a handicap because movement and bullet paths look 'jumpy' and its harder to follow... but a couple of Cirno's attacks get modified because they're drawn based on frame count - not on time like every other damn thing in the game.  Of course, any advantage I get is negated by her final spellcard going from 'actually fairly simple' to 'Can't figure out shit what's going on!?'.

Yukkuri

« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2009, 02:44:46 AM »
I think I'm the first person to do this - or, at least, to have proof.
Story of Eastern Wind - Extra Clear

EX-Cirno is a lot of fun.  Too bad I lag for 70% of the fight due to recording + crappy computer!  Anyway, the game still runs at full speed when FPS is dropped, so 95% of the time it's a handicap because movement and bullet paths look 'jumpy' and its harder to follow... but a couple of Cirno's attacks get modified because they're drawn based on frame count - not on time like every other damn thing in the game.  Of course, any advantage I get is negated by her final spellcard going from 'actually fairly simple' to 'Can't figure out shit what's going on!?'.

You are REALLY good at deathbombing.  EXCirno doesn't look like the hardest extra boss, but looks very fun.