Author Topic: Nitori Quest! [Complete]  (Read 38845 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Nitori Quest!
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2011, 06:49:58 AM »
>"No..."
> No... what have we...
>This can't be happening...

> Triage Utsuho. Diagnose her wounds.
>The hell raven has many lacerations all over her body.
>There are several large shards of glass sticking out of her torso and arms.
>She has large burns on her legs.
>The anaesthetic that she breathed in and you injected, combined with the blood loss, has had a much greater effect than expected.

> Is there any way we can save her? At least revive her somehow?
>Do we recall anything about surgery.
>Either way, it's time to get on that shit! Pick up that raven and go! If we don't know specifically where a surgery-worthy place is, then let instinct guide us.
>You recall most of your knowledge relating to anatomy and disease.
>This knowledge tells you that the hell raven has already passed away.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2011, 06:56:19 AM »
>Have we dabbled into restarting hearts via electricity, or at least have a working theory of it?
>If either is the case, it's time to put that to work.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #392 on: May 30, 2011, 06:59:17 AM »
OH MY GOD, YOU KILLED OKUU, YOU BASTARDS!
I think by revive they mean, uhm, that machine thingy that reboots a person's heart. omg cut by Purvis thinking like me
> Do we have any knowledge of how to revive someone's heartrate?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #393 on: May 30, 2011, 07:00:06 AM »
> Punch the wall.
> No... damn it! Even while we're trying to undo everything we've done, we still destroy them! Why did we use that much cesium? Why did we inject her with the anaesthesia? Could we have done something else, to make sure she didn't harm anyone or herself? Should we have let her just kill us?
> Wait... her heart's just stopped, right? Maybe if we made sure no further bleeding can occur, we can continue blood flow, oxygen flow, prevent brain damage... just send Fuuko to get the medical wing ready while Yuuko assists- wait, we sent them away. Damn it...
> Open the door, if there's one left. "Fuuko! Yuuko! I need you!"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #394 on: May 30, 2011, 07:08:42 AM »
> Punch the wall.
> No... damn it! Even while we're trying to undo everything we've done, we still destroy them! Why did we use that much cesium? Why did we inject her with the anaesthesia? Could we have done something else, to make sure she didn't harm anyone or herself? Should we have let her just kill us?
> Wait... her heart's just stopped, right? Maybe if we made sure no further bleeding can occur, we can continue blood flow, oxygen flow, prevent brain damage... just send Fuuko to get the medical wing ready while Yuuko assists- wait, we sent them away. Damn it...
> Open the door, if there's one left. "Fuuko! Yuuko! I need you!"
> Do we have any knowledge of how to revive someone's heartrate?
>Have we dabbled into restarting hearts via electricity, or at least have a working theory of it?
>If either is the case, it's time to put that to work.
>God damn it.
>Why? WHY?!
>You will fix this.
>You WILL fix this.
>You managed to find a method to manufacture immortality, what's stopping you from taking the next step and bringing back the dead?! Nothing, that's what!
>You call out for Yuuko and Fuuko, only to be met with silence.
>It matters not. You caused this by yourself. You will fix it by yourself.
>You will not rest until you fix this.
>You will not rest until you fix EVERYTHING.

NITORI QUEST -END-

Please wait warmly for the sequel.
Comments, questions, complaints, criticisms, death threats, throw them all my way.

« Reply #395 on: May 30, 2011, 07:11:31 AM »
... Woah, that was abrupt.

Well, god dammit. Nitori's even crazier now that she was before, isn't she? Taking a few chapters out of Herbert West's book now?

Gimme a bit of time to think about this.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2011, 07:13:04 AM »
Well, god dammit. Nitori's even crazier now that she was before, isn't she?
In some ways, I suppose.

Taking a few chapters out of Herbert West's book now?
Who?

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2011, 07:13:34 AM »
I can't find the correct words to express how awesome this is. Looking forward to that sequel.
... Woah, that was abrupt.

Well, god dammit. Nitori's even crazier now that she was before, isn't she? Taking a few chapters out of Herbert West's book now?

Gimme a bit of time to think about this.
Yeah, but at least it's a good kind of crazy this time.

Shadoweh

« Reply #398 on: May 30, 2011, 07:17:01 AM »
You...
You..
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I suggest we all take turns kicking Dormio until he's KILLED AND MANGLED!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
Herbert West is the title character of the story "Herbert West - Reanimator" by H.P. Lovecraft, about an amoral medical student who studies the science of the reanimation of the dead.

All right, so couple of questions:

> Was dealing with Utsuho the intended stopping point?
> Was SOMEONE going to die, with the likely targets being either Utsuho or Yuuko, or potentially Nitori dying and Yuuko continuing her "legacy"?
> Did we miss any important developments by not inspecting the bedroom with the girls?
> What was your inspiration?
> What would have changed if we had cut off Utsuho's arm?

You...
You..
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I suggest we all take turns kicking Dormio until he's KILLED AND MANGLED!
I believe that, as his scum buddies, that's yours and my responsibility.

Shadoweh

« Reply #400 on: May 30, 2011, 07:29:43 AM »
SUPERBUSSED! >8(

In all seriousness this was awesome like Eversion. Dormio you scare me sometimes.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #401 on: May 30, 2011, 07:30:35 AM »
Giving someone the heart paddles isn't bringing 'em back from the dead ;_;

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #402 on: May 30, 2011, 07:36:33 AM »
Herbert West is the title character of the story "Herbert West - Reanimator" by H.P. Lovecraft, about an amoral medical student who studies the science of the reanimation of the dead.
I see. I don't read books much, especially books in english. English is hard and way too much effort.

> Was dealing with Utsuho the intended stopping point?
I had several planned, you managed to avoid all of them. Utsuho was the final stopping point.

> Was SOMEONE going to die, with the likely targets being either Utsuho or Yuuko, or potentially Nitori dying and Yuuko continuing her "legacy"?
Nitori or Utsuho was going to die. I mean, considering how Utsuho is batshit insane and unable to feel pain, she wouldn't stop despite bleeding heavily (she jammed her control rod on over the screw in her arm, as well as all that glass) until either you or she was dead.

> Did we miss any important developments by not inspecting the bedroom with the girls?
The more you looked around your bedroom, the more you would have learnt about your studies. If you read enough of your papers, you would have remembered everything. Of course, after a certain point of remembering you would have begun to hear a voice in your head. That voice would have belonged to the old you. If you remembered everything, it would be harder to ignore.

> What was your inspiration?
I got bored. The entire plot was conceived when I asked Keine if I should try my hand at a text adventure and she told me yes. Everything was original, aside from the Touhou-verse.

> What would have changed if we had cut off Utsuho's arm?
/!\UNCONTROLLABLE NUCLEAR REACTION/!\ (AKA. wear the rod on your left and go even more batshit insane.)

SUPERBUSSED! >8(
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

In all seriousness this was awesome like Eversion. Dormio you scare me sometimes.
I have no idea what Eversion is but I'm going to take this as a compliment.
And the voices in my head tell me that my sanity is perfectly fine and that there is nothing to be scared of.

Giving someone the heart paddles isn't bringing 'em back from the dead ;_;
You just need to beeeelieeeeeeeve.

« Reply #403 on: May 30, 2011, 07:40:25 AM »
> What was special about the suit?
> What were the planned stopping points?
> What did Fuuko do to Nitori, or will that be explained in the next part?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #404 on: May 30, 2011, 07:46:55 AM »
> What was special about the suit?
It's your optical camouflage suit, the improved version. Nobody, bar those with exception vision (MOMIJIIIIII), should be able to see you if you had it activated.

> What were the planned stopping points?
Revert to old Nitori for fun options or get alternate methods of getting killed by Okuu. I'm pretty sure I had one in between but I forgot.

> What did Fuuko do to Nitori, or will that be explained in the next part?
She sabotaged one of your projects (portable nuclear generator) so that it would blow up. It gave you brain damage, which Fuuko found out from the full scan.
Fuuko snapped and began planning to escape with Yuuko when old Nitori began to look at Yuuko with the same expression that old Nitori would wear when performing SCIENCE!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2011, 07:48:37 AM »
>Could we have found a way to stop Utsuho without killing her?

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #406 on: May 30, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »
That reminds me, we never did ask Fuuko what the results of the scan were. But there was really no opportunity to anyways.

I'm glad there's going to be a sequel to this. I had a lot of fun lurking reading the quest!
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2011, 07:50:11 AM »
(she jammed her control rod on over the screw in her arm, as well as all that glass)
She did what now.

Anyways, does this mean we technically got a better (best?) version of what could've happened? The voice in her head thing makes me both glad and disappointed that we didn't search that room. It sounds like it would've been an interesting experience, at the expense of Nitori going crazy again. Especially since we're trying to revive Utsuho now.

As for Eversion, it's a freeware game that screws with you. Pretty fun, once you get past the creepy.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #408 on: May 30, 2011, 07:53:30 AM »
>Could we have found a way to stop Utsuho without killing her?
Optic camo + anaesthetics might have been an option. Of course, you would have had to fight off old Nitori first.

She did what now.
MASSIVE BLOOD LOSS.

Anyways, does this mean we technically got a better (best?) version of what could've happened?
Well, Nitori isn't a monster anymore.

The voice in her head thing makes me both glad and disappointed that we didn't search that room. It sounds like it would've been an interesting experience, at the expense of Nitori going crazy again. Especially since we're trying to revive Utsuho now.
I wanted batshit insane Nitori to finish her immortality project. :(

As for Eversion, it's a freeware game that screws with you. Pretty fun, once you get past the creepy.
I'll check it out. :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:56:12 AM by Caedo Ergo Sum »

« Reply #409 on: May 30, 2011, 07:56:17 AM »
It's your optical camouflage suit, the improved version. Nobody, bar those with exception vision (MOMIJIIIIII), should be able to see you if you had it activated.
... F-F-FACEPALM!!!

> What can you tell us about the experiments that Nitori ran, or at least what can you tell us that you don't want to be kept secret for the sequel?
>> Specifically, the four (five?) hearts in the display case, the reason for Yukari's and the fairies disappearance, the results of the experiments on Okuu, and the immortality experiments.
> What would the "Utsuho Kills Nitori" ending entail?
> What was in the vial that Nitori had?
> Did anyone try to stop Nitori, such as Reimu or Marisa?
> Nitori/Yuuko ship? :3

Man, sorry about coming up with these questions little by little.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:58:41 AM by Twelve Parsects »

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #410 on: May 30, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
I wanted batshit insane Nitori to finish her immortality project. :(
You do of course, know what you must do. And by that, I mean make one of those text based adventure games, with multiple paths and such.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #411 on: May 30, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »
... F-F-FACEPALM!!!
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

> What can you tell us about the experiments that Nitori ran, or at least what can you tell us that you don't want to be kept secret for the sequel?
>> Specifically, the four (five?) hearts in the display case
> What was in the vial that Nitori had?
The hearts belong to Kaguya, Mokou, and some rabbits. It's used to produce the essence of eternity, which is also what your vial contained. It would basically lock someone's mind into their own personal eternity.

>> the results of the experiments on Okuu
You replaced the old steam generators in the lab with nuclear generators. You were also working on nuclear batteries.

>> and the immortality experiments.
The first couple are just failed attempts that killed random people. (My planning is awesome)
Basically, you gave Yuuko immortality. It restored her missing limb and saved her from death. It also improved her intelligence, though she's still very childish.
The completion of the project would mean extracting it from Yuuko and implanting it in yourself. It wouldn't kill Yuuko, but she'd be driven insane by pain and betrayal. I really wanted to see this happen. :(

> What would the "Utsuho Kills Nitori" entail?
Okuu kills you, goes into overdrive and takes down the the rest of the lab, and the mountain it was built on. She dies too.

> Nitori/Yuuko ship? :3
Nyoro~n

You do of course, know what you must do. And by that, I mean make one of those text based adventure games, with multiple paths and such.
I wrote a 71 page CYOA for Helepolis in 3 days. NEVER AGAIN.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #412 on: May 30, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
And here I thought the Utsuho segment was going to be a flashback to how she got killed by monster-Nitori a while ago, rather than a parallel-time event.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #413 on: May 30, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »
And here I thought the Utsuho segment was going to be a flashback to how she got killed by monster-Nitori a while ago, rather than a parallel-time event.
Like I'm smart enough to think of playable flashback segments. :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Nitori Quest! [Complete]
« Reply #414 on: May 30, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
Oh man now I can't wait for the next one~

I hope this becomes a series. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #415 on: May 30, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »
Wow that was a damn fine read.

>For the sequel, Will the events that played out here take effect, as we could have gotten a much better ending (Okuu lives).
> What happened to the Outside World, And what happened to the rest of Gensokyo (or will that be for the sequel)?
>Will the sequel not be as disappointingly short as this ;_;

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #416 on: May 30, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
Wow that was a damn fine read.
Thank you. :)

>For the sequel, Will the events that played out here take effect, as we could have gotten a much better ending (Okuu lives).
But of course.

> What happened to the Outside World, And what happened to the rest of Gensokyo (or will that be for the sequel)?
You'll soon find out... maybe

>Will the sequel not be as disappointingly short as this ;_;
NO YOU'RE DISAPPOINTINGLY SHORT.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:54:33 PM by Caedo Ergo Sum »

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »
MUSIC DEMAND! (since no one has yet)

>Waking up
>Your 'terrifying' room.
>Hell Raven going Mad.
>Observing the lunatic Raven.
>The desperate trap.
>To be continued...

I think that's about it.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #418 on: May 30, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
MUSIC DEMAND! (since no one has yet)
Gddmt I hate you.

This could take a while, so please wait warmly.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #419 on: May 30, 2011, 10:23:27 PM »
Gddmt I hate you.

This could take a while, so please wait warmly.
You should be glad I decided to spare you from my torrential downpour of music requests. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.