Author Topic: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 55470 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
> "I will be giving Aya an interview tomorrow morning about the disaster that befell our home. I have her camera. What I would like is for you to sneak up on her disguised as something other than a person, because she's quite perceptive and will almost invariably know you're coming."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2011, 07:28:28 PM »
> "I will be giving Aya an interview tomorrow morning about the disaster that befell our home. I have her camera. What I would like is for you to sneak up on her disguised as something other than a person, because she's quite perceptive and will almost invariably know you're coming."

>Nue nods. "Hands will be a problem, though."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2011, 10:45:58 PM »
>"Could you not simply keep your hands within the illusion until you have your shot? Because once you take it, it won't matter if Aya knows you're there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2011, 10:49:21 PM »
>"Could you not simply keep your hands within the illusion until you have your shot? Because once you take it, it won't matter if Aya knows you're there."

>"I'm not using up two seeds," says Nue, frowning.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »
>"Oh, I thought you could disguise yourself without needing one of them. My mistake."

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2011, 11:07:02 PM »
> "Mmm...I suppose it would be impossible to simply render yourself invisible, then?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2011, 11:10:48 PM »
>"Oh, I thought you could disguise yourself without needing one of them. My mistake."

>"I can," says Nue, "But that's why hands would be a problem. At least if you want me to sneak up on someone."

> "Mmm...I suppose it would be impossible to simply render yourself invisible, then?"

>She shakes her head.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2011, 12:50:01 AM »
>"I'm afraid I don't really understand why hands would be a problem. Couldn't you just keep them within your disguise? Or is what you do under your own power different from what the seeds can do?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »
>"I'm afraid I don't really understand why hands would be a problem. Couldn't you just keep them within your disguise? Or is what you do under your own power different from what the seeds can do?"

>"Heh," says Nue, "Let's just say I can look like anything I want, hon. The seeds just make illusions, I do the real thing. But, well, there's some tricks to it."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2011, 01:11:14 AM »
>"Are you saying that you actually do change your form?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2011, 01:12:53 AM »
>"Are you saying that you actually do change your form?"

>"You've had some head trauma lately, haven't you?" says Nue. "Maybe you shouldn't be hanging around in bars."
>Tenshi chuckles.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2011, 01:14:05 AM »
>"I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a yes or a no."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2011, 01:18:07 AM »
>"I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a yes or a no."

>"Is she okay?" says Nue, frowning and glancing to Tenshi.
>"I dunno," says Tenshi with a shrug.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2011, 02:09:46 AM »
>"Okay, you know what? Forget it. Let's just focus on the practical aspect."
>"So hands will be a problem. What if you took position ahead of time and simply waited?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2011, 02:19:25 AM »
>"Okay, you know what? Forget it. Let's just focus on the practical aspect."
>"So hands will be a problem. What if you took position ahead of time and simply waited?"

>"Maybe," says Nue, "but ambushing Aya would be difficult."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2011, 02:21:48 AM »
>"Well, I'm afraid I have little experience in this area. Your own idead would likely be much more effective than mine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2011, 02:46:32 AM »
>"Well, I'm afraid I have little experience in this area. Your own idead would likely be much more effective than mine."

>"Well, there's two ways we can do it," says Nue. "The first way is that you try to lure her somewhere, and I'll be in wait. But that's probably what she expects. Better would be to figure out a place where she'd go naturally, and lay in wait."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2011, 02:50:05 AM »
>"Do keep in mind that we have an advantage, namely the fact that I have already been cooperating with her. And we have another advantage: you. Aya will be on guard for me to attempt such a picture, but she will not expect you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2011, 03:13:32 AM »
>"Do keep in mind that we have an advantage, namely the fact that I have already been cooperating with her. And we have another advantage: you. Aya will be on guard for me to attempt such a picture, but she will not expect you."

>"Huh, so she knows, too?" says Nue. "Yeah, that's going to make it harder. Because distractions like that are pretty much first thought anyone would have when trying to pick a specific person's pocket."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2011, 03:20:11 AM »
>"Actually, I've been able to use the fact that she's on guard to my aadvantage. I'm not sure if you know this, but she's supposed to be in prison, and the tengu are... eager to get her back."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2011, 03:22:38 AM »
>"Actually, I've been able to use the fact that she's on guard to my aadvantage. I'm not sure if you know this, but she's supposed to be in prison, and the tengu are... eager to get her back."

>"Go on," says Nue.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2011, 03:31:40 AM »
>"Well, my latest attempt involved pretending I'd seen someone outside. I illuminated the area with a bright flash, then attempted to get the picture while she was stunned. Unfortunately, she stumbled backwards just as the camera went off, and I didn't get the picture."
>"Also, as I mentioned, I'm going to give her an interview regarding the situation with Bhava-Agra. So she will not be suspicious in regards to meeting me, and although she'll be on the lookout for tengu, if you can appear to be something completely different, she will likely not notice you until it's too late. Which is why I need to know the extent of your... abilities."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »
>"Well, my latest attempt involved pretending I'd seen someone outside. I illuminated the area with a bright flash, then attempted to get the picture while she was stunned. Unfortunately, she stumbled backwards just as the camera went off, and I didn't get the picture."
>"Also, as I mentioned, I'm going to give her an interview regarding the situation with Bhava-Agra. So she will not be suspicious in regards to meeting me, and although she'll be on the lookout for tengu, if you can appear to be something completely different, she will likely not notice you until it's too late. Which is why I need to know the extent of your... abilities."

>"Oh yeah, she's going to expect something," says Nue.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2011, 04:53:21 AM »
>"Something, yes, but not you."
>"Anyways, it would seem we have a deal. We can work out the plan as we move, but I'm afraid my friend is short on time. I know you may be reluctant to act before receiving payment, but by then, my friend would be dead. So I find myself having to ask you to fulfil your end of the bargain first, and you have my word that I will fulfil mine as soon as I possibly can."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2011, 05:09:09 AM »
>"Something, yes, but not you."
>"Anyways, it would seem we have a deal. We can work out the plan as we move, but I'm afraid my friend is short on time. I know you may be reluctant to act before receiving payment, but by then, my friend would be dead. So I find myself having to ask you to fulfil your end of the bargain first, and you have my word that I will fulfil mine as soon as I possibly can."

>"Well, if you wanna underestimate your mark," says Nue with a shrug. "Anyway, just a moment."
>"Hey, Deva!"
>Glancing over, you see Deva K nod, and make a few motions to the oni gathered around around.
>Nue walks around the bar, and says, "Lead the way."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »
>Head out.
>"I am trying not to underestimate her, but I'm afraid this isn't something I'm used to doing. I have almost no experience in this area. That's why I said you could probably come up with a much better plan than I could."

Yeah, I'm not doing so well with the whole 'plan-to-get-Aya' thing. Can you try and come up with something, Kilga?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2011, 05:27:03 AM »
I'm not sure there's a whole lot more to it than what you've described. I'm willing to bet we can get her to react favorably by pretending to flashbomb; she should cover her eyes out of instinct, which will give Nue a second with which to work.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2011, 05:28:39 AM »
>Head out.
>"I am trying not to underestimate her, but I'm afraid this isn't something I'm used to doing. I have almost no experience in this area. That's why I said you could probably come up with a much better plan than I could."

>"Well, the best way is for you to never be there, as far as she knows," says Nue, as you walk out into the streets. "She's going to be suspecting you at this point, no matter what, if you already tried."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2011, 05:34:04 AM »
> "I've actually managed to surprise her once, by playing at deception. It wasn't my proudest moment, but...I had my reasons for it. Regardless, I expect I came out of that encounter with a tiny measure of control over her, as part of the trick was creating a very bright flash of light that blinded her for a little bit. I expect that, if I make motions to suggest I am going to do it again, she will cover her eyes out of instinct, because I understand the flash is so bright it hurts in addition to blinding someone. That small reflexive maneuver on her part could give you enough time to do what you need to do."
> "Also,this is unrelated, but I want to mention it while I am thinking about it. When we get to the entrance to the surface, could you give Tenshi and myself a quick moment? There is something I wish to discuss with her in private before we separate for the evening."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:37:20 AM by Yamameko no Naku Roda ni »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2011, 05:44:20 AM »
> "I've actually managed to surprise her once, by playing at deception. It wasn't my proudest moment, but...I had my reasons for it. Regardless, I expect I came out of that encounter with a tiny measure of control over her, as part of the trick was creating a very bright flash of light that blinded her for a little bit. I expect that, if I make motions to suggest I am going to do it again, she will cover her eyes out of instinct, because I understand the flash is so bright it hurts in addition to blinding someone. That small reflexive maneuver on her part could give you enough time to do what you need to do."
> "Also,this is unrelated, but I want to mention it while I am thinking about it. When we get to the entrance to the surface, could you give Tenshi and myself a quick moment? There is something I wish to discuss with her in private before we separate for the evening."

>"Wouldn't I be blinded too?" says Nue.
>She gives an idle nod when asked for a moment.

>_