Author Topic: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54764 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:55:39 AM »
>You are Iku Nagae, Gensokyo's premier messenger and dancer, and the sky has fallen!  Related to this, you have had a terrible, no good, awful, very bad day yesterday, and are having another one today.
>You do not know how, or why, but Bhava-Arga has fallen from the sky and now hovers scant yards over the surface of Gensokyo. This has caused numerous problems. On top of this, Tenshi has run off after stealing the Sword of Hisou. This has made her a primary suspect in the eyes of many. including yourself at one point. You've since proven her innocence on the matter.
>You are an oarfish youkai in service to the Dragon Palace. As a resident of Bhava-Agra, you bear a status similar to that of a Celestial, and are considered a minor functionary in the Celestial Bureaucracy that makes certain the known universe runs as it should, with all the rights privileges, and duties that come with this position. You are in the service of The Dragon, who reigns quietly as the highest god of this realm, and is among the highest beings in the universe. It regards you well, and you think of it as a guardian.
>While your duties and position suggest your place is in Bhava-Agra, you have a tendency to roam to other places. You somewhat blame this on Tenshi Hinanai, whom you have unfortunately been charged with keeping out of significant trouble, and her tendency to visit Gensokyo whenever possible. You are well-know for your love of dance, and excellence in performing it; oftentimes you've been asked to star in performances given at the Dragon Palace. Others have styled you the Dance Empress, particularly those who would try to claim that title for themselves. You are, as far as you know, well regarded by everyone you know and are welcome practically anywhere in Gensokyo, save perhaps for Higan. The only real black spot in your days is periodically having to deal with Tenshi's chicanery.
>You have been tasked by The Dragon in dealing with this incident. You have taken some stock of the damage surrounding the fall. You have found that Bhava-Agra's food supply has been badly affected by these events; you defeated a tsuchinoko on Minoirko's behalf in hopes of alleviating this. You have delivered messages for Patchouli. You have had bad run ins with Marisa and Reimu; and nearly had one with Sanae. You have found Tenshi hiding in the Ancient City, became convinced of her innocence, convinced her to join you, and have had several spats with her. You've done your best to bond with Tenshi, and you've made significant progress in that regard. You've been hearing a lot about a search for some thing called the Brocken Spectre, and learned it is key to the whole issue. You found and rescued Yamame, who was captured by faeries. You've been given a hit list by Yuugi. You've released Aya from prison after a rather confused encounter, and are trying to fix that issue. You've discovered that the islands of Bhava-Agra do not cast proper shadows; nor did Nitori, who was practically dead to the world before you were able to have her shadow restored. You've found Kogasa has had her shadow stolen very recently, it has since been restored. Yukari had loaned you a very important tool, which you have returned safely! You tried to get a candid photo of Aya, but had problems when she ran from Momiji. Meeting her at Kourindou later, you might have had success. You have learned of a mysterious poltergeist roaming the Forest of Magic, and have deduced that she is both the shadow thief and the Brocken Spectre. You've beaten the Brocken Spectre in combat, then got exilled away into the missing shadow of Bhava-Agra. You managed to escape there and end up in Makai, from which you have escaped after several misadventures. You have reached a kind of agreement with the Brocken Spectre. You may have convinced Reimu not to come after you! You seem to have even managed to make a connection with the paranoid and isolationist poltergeist and gotten some of the missing shadows restored. You have met with Remilia and managed to arrange for an amicable solution.
>Presently, you are finalizing things with Aya.

> "Excellent. Now, my brain has been completely addled these past two days, and I have had a tendency to not understand agreements properly, making false assumptions about what will and will not happen. Not to further rub in anything unpleasant, but can you detail for me exactly what we have agreed to do, outside of our meeting tomorrow morning?"

>"You're going to do what you can to get me free," says Aya, "And I'll go back if I have to, with the understanding you'll be doing your best to cut it short."

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
Re: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 02:58:31 AM »
>Inquire what language it is this go-around.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »
> Nod.
> "And, again, I cannot guarantee anything, but I suspect Lord Tenma will be more open to compromise if he can see you have returned for himself. If what you and Tenshi believe how the Yama handled this situation is true - and I must admit I would not be surprised if it was - then I would not be surprised at all if he was willing to grant leniency wherever he feels he can justify it."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:05:32 AM by Yamameko no Naku Roda ni »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 03:07:58 AM »
[
> Nod.
> "And, again, I cannot guarantee anything, but I suspect Lord Tenma will be more open to compromise if he can see you have returned for himself. If what you and Tenshi believe how the Yama handled this situation is true - and I must admit I would not be surprised if it was - then I would not be surprised at all if he was willing to grant leniency wherever he feels he can justify it."

>Aya nods. "If it comes to that."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 03:11:11 AM »
> "Mmm. I think it will be a good deal harder if I approach him with something closer to a deal, like we are saying you will come back only if such-and-such happens, and doing it in that fashion would not go nearly as far toward making your friend look good..."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 03:25:35 AM »
> "Mmm. I think it will be a good deal harder if I approach him with something closer to a deal, like we are saying you will come back only if such-and-such happens, and doing it in that fashion would not go nearly as far toward making your friend look good..."

>She sighs. "If I must."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 03:32:59 AM »
> "It will do both your friend's name and your own chances at leniency better. Believe me, I would not be suggesting it if I did not think it an ultimate net benefit."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 03:50:16 AM »
> "It will do both your friend's name and your own chances at leniency better. Believe me, I would not be suggesting it if I did not think it an ultimate net benefit."

>"...If I must," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 03:56:12 AM »
> Nod.
> "You will have the night to consider the idea, regardless."
> Smile.
> "For what it is worth, I am proud of you for giving it this much consideration."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 04:10:26 AM »
> Nod.
> "You will have the night to consider the idea, regardless."
> Smile.
> "For what it is worth, I am proud of you for giving it this much consideration."

>Aya gives you an odd look, then shrugs. "If you say so."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 10:27:44 AM »
> "Well then. To tomorrow?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 07:00:14 PM »
> "Good luck to you, then. And stay safe."
> Assuming Aya does not object to our leaving, take flight straight up through the trees, avoiding collisions with branches as we can and protecting our face where we cannot.
> Once we have crested the canopy, fly off toward Renko and Maribel's house.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »
Are we ready to meet with Shuuei now, or is there anything else you want to do first?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »
> "Good luck to you, then. And stay safe."
> Assuming Aya does not object to our leaving, take flight straight up through the trees, avoiding collisions with branches as we can and protecting our face where we cannot.
> Once we have crested the canopy, fly off toward Renko and Maribel's house.

>"I'll try," says Aya.
>You fly straight upward; thankfully Rinnosuke's back yard is not that heavily wooded, so you have no difficulty taking to the air.
>It is a short trip to Maribel and Renko's home. Things seem quiet here, nothing appears especially awry.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »
Yeah, this is Shuuei time.

> Start building up a charge again.
> Head to the riverside clearing where we've met with the poltergeist.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »
> Start building up a charge again.
> Head to the riverside clearing where we've met with the poltergeist.

>You rebuild a charge, and head beck toward the stream.
>You head back toward the stream, and find it empty. After a moment, the poltergeist peeks around a tree. "Sorry, I thought you were one of the people from the house. She came earlier to get some water."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »
> "It's okay, I understand. How are you feeling?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:46 PM »
> "It's okay, I understand. How are you feeling?"

>"About as confused as ever," says the poltergeist. "Did you manage to get things taken care of with that strange short woman with the wings?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 10:26:39 PM »
> Nod.
> "Yes. An agreement was reached that leaves the people involved the choice of how to live their lives, instead of being ordered to live one way or the other."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
> Nod.
> "Yes. An agreement was reached that leaves the people involved the choice of how to live their lives, instead of being ordered to live one way or the other."

>"That sounds like it's good," says the Poltergeist. "I wasn't sure I could convince her without being seen."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:45 PM »
> "Remilia is not an unreasonable person. She behaved better throughout this whole ordeal than I did."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 10:56:15 PM »
> "Remilia is not an unreasonable person. She behaved better throughout this whole ordeal than I did."

>The poltergeist raises an eyebrow, then seems to be content to let the subject drop.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »
> Is she still wearing the mask?
> "So you say you feel very confused. But you know what I meant when I asked that question."
> Put on a sad frown.
> "Has it gotten any worse?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 11:29:09 PM »
> Is she still wearing the mask?
> "So you say you feel very confused. But you know what I meant when I asked that question."
> Put on a sad frown.
> "Has it gotten any worse?"

>She seems to have taken it off. But the straw rain cloak is still there.
>"Yes, it's getting worse," she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 01:04:38 AM »
> Grimace.
> "...What can I do?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »
> Grimace.
> "...What can I do?"

>"I don't think there's anything you can do," says the poltergeist. "But it's nice that you're here and asking, at least. I'm going to have to let go of it, soon, I think."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 01:51:22 AM »
> Give a small smile.
> "I would be a terrible friend if I did any less. And...for what it is worth, the August One knows of your plight, and is confident that you would survive several days without it, simply because of our interaction. It is not a permanent solution, but it is something, at least."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 01:59:02 AM »
>"And I have an idea that should allow you survive for longer without requiring you to expose yourself to others."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 02:01:15 AM »
> Give a small smile.
> "I would be a terrible friend if I did any less. And...for what it is worth, the August One knows of your plight, and is confident that you would survive several days without it, simply because of our interaction. It is not a permanent solution, but it is something, at least."

>She nods. "Well, that's nice to know," she says.

>"And I have an idea that should allow you survive for longer without requiring you to expose yourself to others."

>"Really?"

>_