Author Topic: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54786 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »
>"Yes. You will have to interact with people-that I cannot find a way around-but I have a way for you to do so with effectively no risk of exposure."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 02:05:48 AM »
>"Yes. You will have to interact with people-that I cannot find a way around-but I have a way for you to do so with effectively no risk of exposure."

>"Go on?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 02:26:44 AM »
> "There is a species of youkai called the nue. They are...illusionist shapeshifters, I guess would be the best way to put it. They can change their appearance with a given amount of effort. I have met with one underground, and learned that she has the resources to cast such an illusionist spell on someone else, so that this other person could look entirely different."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 02:35:14 AM »
Feel free to override anything I say that isn't what you intended, by the way. I just want to get as many commands in as I can before I disappear for the weekend. >_>

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:36 AM »
>Actually, go with what Kilga said.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:44:22 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 02:57:18 AM »
> "There is a species of youkai called the nue. They are...illusionist shapeshifters, I guess would be the best way to put it. They can change their appearance with a given amount of effort. I have met with one underground, and learned that she has the resources to cast such an illusionist spell on someone else, so that this other person could look entirely different."

>"That sounds odd," says the poltergeist. "How does it work? This making someone else look different?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 03:20:18 AM »
>"I... do not really know. Nue-I don't know if that's truly her name, but it's what she calls herself. Anyways, she was insistant that only she could teach you how to use the 'seed of non-identification' that will allow you to do this. That is the problem: it will not be possible for her to teach you how to use the seed without seeing you. She did say you could remain in your current, concealing outfit, but she could not teach you if you remain hidden the way you did with Remilia."
>"If it helps, Nue is much like Suika in that she does not seem to care who you are. I can garuntee that she will ask you nothing about yourself. She will show you how to use the seed, then leave."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 03:40:57 AM »
>"I... do not really know. Nue-I don't know if that's truly her name, but it's what she calls herself. Anyways, she was insistant that only she could teach you how to use the 'seed of non-identification' that will allow you to do this. That is the problem: it will not be possible for her to teach you how to use the seed without seeing you. She did say you could remain in your current, concealing outfit, but she could not teach you if you remain hidden the way you did with Remilia."
>"If it helps, Nue is much like Suika in that she does not seem to care who you are. I can garuntee that she will ask you nothing about yourself. She will show you how to use the seed, then leave."

>"I don't know about that," says the poltergeist. "A disguise you don't understand could stop working for reasons you don't understand."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 03:43:59 AM »
>"That, I think, is why she would need to explain it to you. She told me that she could teach you how to use it, but that she could not teach me to teach you how to use. It has, I think, something to do with the fact that she is, indeed, a nue-she said one 'had to be born to it' in order to be able to explain it to others. She and I also went over reasons the disguise might fail, and I believe we can make the chance of that effectively non-existant.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 03:54:44 AM »
>"That, I think, is why she would need to explain it to you. She told me that she could teach you how to use it, but that she could not teach me to teach you how to use. It has, I think, something to do with the fact that she is, indeed, a nue-she said one 'had to be born to it' in order to be able to explain it to others. She and I also went over reasons the disguise might fail, and I believe we can make the chance of that effectively non-existant.

>"I'll talk with her," says the poltergeist, "But I don't think this will work."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 04:02:04 AM »
>"I believe it wiil. And, Shuuei?"
>"I know this is hard for you, but you agreed to it. This shows that you trust me, and for that, thank you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 04:36:23 AM »
>"I believe it wiil. And, Shuuei?"
>"I know this is hard for you, but you agreed to it. This shows that you trust me, and for that, thank you."

>She nods. "You're welcome."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 04:50:20 AM »
>"Very well, then. I must go underground to get Nue. I will return shortly, and she will be with me. Do you want any... special accomodations for this initial meeting?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 05:16:47 AM »
>"Very well, then. I must go underground to get Nue. I will return shortly, and she will be with me. Do you want any... special accomodations for this initial meeting?

>"Okay, I suppose," she says. "I don't know, it seems like an awful lot of trouble, and I'm still not sure it's a good idea."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 05:45:08 AM »
"You probably don't know this, but the seeds have been used before, and the entirity of Gensokyo was fooled. It'll work."

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »
> "You probably don't know this, but the seeds have been used before, and the entirity of Gensokyo was fooled. It'll work."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2011, 06:37:48 PM »
Oops. Thanks for that, Kilga.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 06:47:12 PM »
> "You probably don't know this, but the seeds have been used before, and the entirity of Gensokyo was fooled. It'll work."

>She frowns. "Well, maybe. I don't know."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »
> Small smile.
> "We can't very well do nothing, you know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »
> Small smile.
> "We can't very well do nothing, you know."

>She nods. "I know, I know. So...if we're going to do something like this, perhaps I should return the shadow before it begins?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »
> "If you like. I will likely need to inform the Scarlet Devil Mansion at some point if you do, to let them know that I have no intention of backing out on our deal simply because the islands have been restored to their proper place."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 07:12:09 PM »
>Pause for thought.
>"Actually, restore the shadow upon my return. That will give me time to make sure word gets to Remilia."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »
> "If you like. I will likely need to inform the Scarlet Devil Mansion at some point if you do, to let them know that I have no intention of backing out on our deal simply because the islands have been restored to their proper place."

>She nods. "I suppose so. Should I wait, then?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »
>"I think so, yes. I'll make sure word gets to Remilia. You can restore the islands' shadows upon my return."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 10:48:14 PM »
Right, so I'll be unavailable for a few hours. My plan is to go back to Tenshi and, after talking to her about Nue, have her deliver the message to the SDM, then go home for the evening since she has work tomorrow.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 10:57:20 PM »
>"I think so, yes. I'll make sure word gets to Remilia. You can restore the islands' shadows upon my return."

>The poltergeist nods.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »
>"Very well, then. I will see you soon."
>Assuming no objections, head back to the entrance to the underground.

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2011, 02:08:34 AM »
Just a comment, but sending Tenshi to be a messenger to the SDM screams out to be a bad idea to me, considering she just recovered from attacking them not too long ago.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2011, 02:11:35 AM »
That was befre the truce. If she walks up to the gate now and says 'hey, tell Remilia the islands are going to go back up soon but Iku still plans to honor your agreement', I don't think there'll be any problems.

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »
You failing to take into account that Tenshi is very proud and confrontational, and has already gotten into conflicts with two of the head people at the SDM, including the gatekeeper. Plus, she's probably going to be frustrated not only by the fact that she technically lost against Sakuya, but her hunt for Kisume was probably fruitless.