Author Topic: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Over  (Read 62418 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Over
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2010, 02:05:35 AM »
...My god.

The PMs I received LITERALLY SAID 'You have received a message' as a title.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT.

That said, the best use I've ever seen for a message sending power. Infinite kudos to K4U + Kefit for doing it, and then having HW claim tracker to go along with it.

bbl, busy beating my head against a wall. -_-

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #571 on: April 29, 2010, 02:06:19 AM »
No, Zent.

No.

You deserved to be lynched. You don't fucking excuse the bullshit you pulled.

I don't regret that lynch, merely that I couldn't slow it down in time. I MIGHT have figured out HW scum. MIGHT. But against Serela? Prolly not. And against you? Def not. I still tried though. That NEEDED To be thought through. There is, however, a small comfort that scum all had to pile on to get your lynch.

Now, with that vitriol out of the way, I apologize for calling you stupid.

You played mafia badly, but that doesn't extend to the rest of your mental faculties. Quite frankly, it's just that mafia is unlikely to be your game, though you could give it another shot if you think you can learn from your failures.

Mountain is cop-less, right?  I don't really like investigative roles, they make mafia too easy.  I will agree that 4 scum was too much, but if I had brought it to 3 I would have removed one or both of the kills, substituting the vig for something like a limited doc.

Mountainous is power role-less

So, you DID have power roles. Trouble is, Vig brings lylo QUICKER. And didn't an obv townie have to be LYNCHED to get a vig shot? Do you realize how bad that is? You basically are allowing a situation where D2 lylo is possible.

If I misunderstand, I apologize. Even so, an (up to) two shot vig in 9:4 isn't good.

That said, I agree that cops are cheap. Other investigative roles aren't as bad. Tracker and Watchers are pretty good. But remember, Watchers are OP in role madness. Trackers are OP in a game with few roles. A watcher would have been FAR superior to the vig though, and POSSIBLY made this thing close to balanced with 10:3.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #572 on: April 29, 2010, 02:07:34 AM »
I just realized K4U had a PR

* UncertainKitten slaps Edible

What the fuck were you thinking?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #573 on: April 29, 2010, 02:07:42 AM »
And didn't an obv townie have to be LYNCHED to get a vig shot?

Nah, just killed.  Alice would have had a kill today had he bothered to play yesterday, and he had correctly deduced three scum.

« Reply #574 on: April 29, 2010, 02:08:00 AM »
I'm actually curious if K4U was right when she warned me that claiming could possibly mess me up (in the case that Rou called BS on her "inventions"). She would have targeted Rou even if I was a real tracker, but meh.

Goonie Bird is still my favorite role name.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #575 on: April 29, 2010, 02:12:58 AM »
Ok.

SLIGHTLY better.

In fact, has a charm to it. I may actually consider doing something like that in the future. It's another way to reward good play. Get NK'd, enable another role.

It also forces town to work more as a team.

It's actually pretty awesome as a WEAK collection of power roles. The trouble is, in 9:4 (remember, two OR LESS mislynches allowed),  with a weak SCUM power role, isn't good.

Weak scum power roles are STILL more powerful than the same role on a town. They can organize with it. Now, I know the powers weren't mirrored. I'd say the vig is (dear God, UK saying something like this?) too swingy to work in a 9:4 game. Even with the fact that it needs to be charged with the death of certain roles.

Honestly...10:3 with the same set up and giving scum the message sender actually could be a quirky and enjoyable game. 9:4 was too much.

All balance concerns aside, town honestly deserved to lose. And I'm not exempt from that. Yes, I did start to get my act together in end game (seems that happens a lot), but it wasn't enough, and the rest of the town wasn't going that far. And I can't blame them given the events. But the blame is spread enough through the town so I'm comfortable saying even with better balance this game would have been a town loss.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #576 on: April 29, 2010, 02:16:30 AM »
Oh god no.

Sorry, this game just got worse

I'm Kefit, Mafia Jew Shield Goon. I have the ability to block a shot from killing me (meaning a vig is pretty much confirmed). Meta excuse is that I use Moogy as a shield or something along those lines (I dunno, that's what the role PM says). Either way it only works once.

You had a vig...AND YOU GAVE A SCUM BULLETPROOF AGAINST IT?

So, let me get this straight. Scum had TWO power roles, one of which EXPLICITLY makes a town PR worse...and you had 9:4?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #577 on: April 29, 2010, 02:18:19 AM »
I...

SEE?! I WAS TOWN. Don't judge people on their stupidity.

I'm not going to blame you for our loss, but you are a complete moron in terms of mafia and I feel -no shame in saying this-. It is very apparent you should have never come to this game.

Mafia simply isn't the game for you, sorry.

Also, Drop your indignation over this. You -were- a liability to town the entire way through, and I'm fairly sure you realize this.

The obvtowns were basically masons once massclaim occured. The confirmability on it's own was pretty decent, and I was HOPING a scum would try to get in the group, but if not I was going to take Chaore as town.

Masons? Say what now? I'm curious as to what you're thinking here, UK.

...My god.

The PMs I received LITERALLY SAID 'You have received a message' as a title.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT.

That said, the best use I've ever seen for a message sending power. Infinite kudos to K4U + Kefit for doing it, and then having HW claim tracker to go along with it.

bbl, busy beating my head against a wall. -_-

I was wondering where this was, given how bard's role was sent to me in HimeMafia.

I'm not sure what to say on this, but don't blame yourself too much Rou.

I do find it amusing the the flavor me is exactly the same as I was my first game, though. (Inb4 Edible 'That was unintentional.')

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #578 on: April 29, 2010, 02:20:28 AM »

Not really masons. But townies who were more likely to confirm themselves to each other.

Two obvtown claims in a sea of townies would have gone pretty well, especially if the Limited vig were alive.

It's farfetched, but the power potential is decent, honestly.

But, it's still a weak power role (all three) BECAUSE that power potential is hard to reach. Nerfing the vig with a bulletproof scum just...boggles the fucking mind.

« Reply #579 on: April 29, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »
I do find it amusing the the flavor me is exactly the same as I was my first game, though. (Inb4 Edible 'That was unintentional.')

I'm just still mildly amused that Alice's flavor role was himself. :V

« Reply #580 on: April 29, 2010, 02:21:21 AM »
Regardless, I actually liked the gambit with K4U's ability and my fakeclaim. Shame it never actually got used for anything, would have been a more satisfying conclusion than the scum triangle attack dogpile.

Edible: Is there any chance you can post the role PMs? I'm curious :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #581 on: April 29, 2010, 02:22:05 AM »
After seeing what fascinating roles this game had, I can't stop thinking of fun set ups to do. Maaan, I need to get better at Mafia and sign up to host a game sometime. Although I'm still on the fence about if my first gimmick role idea is too extreme.

But yeah, this game was ridiculously unbalanced. 9:4 sounds cruel in the first place; on top of that, town's only special role was a Vig that required townies to be lynched first, there was a bulletproof scum anyway, and then K4U's massive mindscrewing ability.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Edible

« Reply #582 on: April 29, 2010, 02:23:07 AM »
Yeah, the BP was a bit much, but as it happens HW was the one scum Alice didn't catch anyway!  Haha.

« Reply #583 on: April 29, 2010, 02:24:31 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, Neo, you probably played the best out of the three newbies even if you did make enough terribad mistakes for me to pull out some BS case on you that I came up with on the spot during D2

Furien is a bro for sticking with us even after messing up a lot, though. The scum quicktopic was much more fun to post in than the actual game and like I said, I would take the entire scumteam out for burgers if I could.

Also
Edible: Is there any chance you can post the role PMs? I'm curious :V

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya

Edible

« Reply #585 on: April 29, 2010, 02:25:06 AM »
Maybe later, they weren't interesting anyway.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #586 on: April 29, 2010, 02:25:22 AM »
Happy coincidences do not balance make.

But whatever. I'm honestly willing to accept this loss DESPITE the ridiculous unbalance. We fucked up. Period.

Though you have halfway inspired me to write a Balance 101 article for future mods. I just don't think I'm good enough at mostly vanilla games to do it right.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #587 on: April 29, 2010, 02:33:41 AM »
Halp, how do i lynched Townie? ;_:  That basically sums up how I played.  I didn't know what to do so I lurked.  A lot.  I really did have something I needed to work on (because faking V/LA is lame), but I could have kept up my D1 activity.  I died a little inside when Carth said I was probably town.  I need to work on my scum play badly.

I agree the set-up was kind of imbalanced.  When I saw how weak the scum PRs were I thought the town PRs would be fairly weak as well, but they should have been stronger than they were.

I am officially a believer in Lynch all Lurkers.  Seriously, it's the most kickass scum tactic ever because everyone's afraid to call you out on it and you don't have to say *anything*.

I liked my ability.  I spent a pretty good chunk of time going through the Invasion role PMs to get a feel for Edible's flavor so that it looked like he wrote it so that it would actually look somewhat legit.

Quote from: Chaore
When I realized Carth was "supposed" to be me I thought you were masons as well.  Kitten4u being a mason with Roukanken made a lot of sense.

GG guys
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Edible

« Reply #588 on: April 29, 2010, 02:38:17 AM »
The Obvtowns as masons would have been pretty interesting.

« Reply #589 on: April 29, 2010, 02:39:44 AM »
That would have sucked for Furien since I got him to fakeclaim obvtown :V

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #590 on: April 29, 2010, 02:41:51 AM »
And made it slightly fairer. Honestly, the vig and obvtowns being masons would have been best. It would have basically assured that their power potential was reached, given a strong voting block to town, which would counteract the vig nerfing a bit, and actually be strong enough so 9:4 scum isn't evil.

Anyway, some irritating things have come to my attention. I have made my suggestions to the relevant person, and am willing to present them to the other relevant people. There's no need to...introduce my feelings on the matter here.

« Reply #591 on: April 29, 2010, 02:42:45 AM »
When I realized Carth was "supposed" to be me I thought you were masons as well.  Kitten4u being a mason with Roukanken made a lot of sense.

I'm pretty sure that mason pairing did, in fact, actually happen in RKS (though Rou was a replacement). I know you were part of a mason pair there at least.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #592 on: April 29, 2010, 02:47:41 AM »
Not really masons. But townies who were more likely to confirm themselves to each other.

Two obvtown claims in a sea of townies would have gone pretty well, especially if the Limited vig were alive.

It's farfetched, but the power potential is decent, honestly.

But, it's still a weak power role (all three) BECAUSE that power potential is hard to reach. Nerfing the vig with a bulletproof scum just...boggles the fucking mind.

Not entirely sure, even then. We look a good deal like scum buddies that way. Even if Alice -did- come in, I expect we may've been suspected as a triad of scummies.

Without Alice? Well... I'm interested how Carth would've reacted in Lylo. But we stand out, as you pointed out at the start of lylo.

We've also no reason to trust eachother either. We also knew shit all about our role, and really scum!Obvtown would've stayed hidden safely or damned us all unless he did something stupid we could catch him up on.

GG guys

Was mostly a post game question, really. Seeing as when she posted that she knew what we actually did.

But before Edible revealed our use, I -did- consider fake claiming that Obvtown was a mason pair. It would've made an interesting wit battle. I realize that me and Carth hardly worked together though, so calling me out on it would be easy as all shit. I also didn't know if there was another obvtown or what though. Would've waited for all claims.

I'm pretty sure that mason pairing did, in fact, actually happen in RKS (though Rou was a replacement). I know you were part of a mason pair there at least.

This would've been hillarious with a RKS Flavor Chaore toss. So damn obvious.

That would have sucked for Furien since I got him to fakeclaim obvtown :V

After Edible made the reveal, if he didn't, I would've expected scum to leave it be then strike at me for it.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #593 on: April 29, 2010, 02:49:23 AM »
I must admit I was pretty surprised when I learned that I had three scum buddies.

I learned a couple of things this game. Namely that being scum isn't very fun and also that I suck at it. Ironically, I had to kind of force the lurking. I wanted to post more d1, but figured if I did that people would go "omg wtf is Kefit doing lynch lynch lynch." D2 was a disaster though. I spent a couple of hours trying to plow through the initial Rou vs UK stuff and post something, but eventually gave up. It probably would have been more intelligent to just jump on Serela instead of OMGUSing Rat, but Rat's sudden change of topic STILL strikes me as odd. Also it was hilarious seeing Rat eventually OMGUS me back. His flip was the icing on the cake.

Also, I still don't see how lynching all lurkers helps to win games. If you have an established meta of lynch all lurkers then sure, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. As it is it seems to be a crapshoot, as Alice kindly demonstrated for us. I don't really support lurking, as it goes against the spirit of the game, but I'm not convinced that calling for lynch all lurkers in one game out of three is a good way to either stop lurking in general or help town to win.

Anyway, I'm not terribly happy with this win. The last minute rush was fun, but we really didn't deserve it. The game was unbalanced and, aside from huhwhat, we all played terribly. Then again, town didn't deserve it either. I'm really not happy with the attitude taken by several people this game, but I'll hope for a brighter cleaner tomorrow!

Looking forward to the next game. Hopefully I don't roll scum again >_>

ps our scum topic was the bestestest <3

« Reply #594 on: April 29, 2010, 02:50:27 AM »
<3

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #595 on: April 29, 2010, 02:51:27 AM »

This + everything above it basically.

I hate scum. :<

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #596 on: April 29, 2010, 02:52:26 AM »
Also, I still don't see how lynching all lurkers helps to win games. If you have an established meta of lynch all lurkers then sure, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. As it is it seems to be a crapshoot, as Alice kindly demonstrated for us.

I'll let Alice handle this in full himself if he wishes, but suffice it to say he has admitted he deserved that lynch.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #597 on: April 29, 2010, 02:56:59 AM »
Oh right. I forgot about this.

Most deserved apology: Kilga, because we NK'd you D1 on the basis that "he's Kilga and he's scary"

Edible

« Reply #598 on: April 29, 2010, 03:00:06 AM »
Most deserved apology: Kilga, because we NK'd you D1 on the basis that "he's Kilga and he's scary"

Most deserved apology to scum: Kilga, because I knew you'd NK him D1 on the basis that he's Kilga and he's scary.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #599 on: April 29, 2010, 03:00:22 AM »
Yeah but then Kilga just came back as a confirmed town. I'm certain that Edible was just waiting for that to happen.

My poke at Kilga d1 was with done with the hope that it would look weird if I poke Kilga d1 and then kill him n1. I guess it doesn't work like that. Of course, Kilga's ghost coming back didn't help matters any. This isn't the first time I've given Kilga a retarded d1 poke though, maybe I'll continue to do it just for fun.

EDIT: oh hi Edible