Author Topic: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Over  (Read 62400 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Day 3 - LYLO
« Reply #540 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:03 AM »
Results say he targeted Rat, meaning he is obviously lying about being a vanilla townie. <_<
What?

Unfortunately, there really isn't any way to response to this other then the equivalent of NO U. I'm vanilla townie, so either

A.huhwhat is completely lying, therefore would logically be scum.
B.huhwhat is telling the truth, and therefore, I'm logically the scum.

...of course, with people suspecting me so much already (and for good reasons, since I could see someone doing derpiness fakely to play the Newbie card), I don't really think that people will side with me instead of huh what.

All you've got is my word that I'm Vanilla Townie... which I doubt is going to amount to much, but, well... it's all I have.

And seriously, Zent going "oh whoops MY PM SAYS I'M FURIENIFY :V" doesn't clear him at all in my eyes. Wouldn't each of you at least try to save yourself, even after admitting to fakeclaiming?

Also, seconding UK's ninja on me. Wouldn't there have to be 4 scum for us to be in LYLO...?

And ninjaed by Rou. Now I'm wondering if Zent/Rou/Huhwhat are all scum together and plotting my downfall or something. Or... if my role has some hidden clause I wasn't told in PM that makes me look suspicious upon tracking; I've read about similar roles on the Mafia Wiki.

AND NINJAED TWICE MORE OH MY GOD LET ME POST @_@ 
and again.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #541 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:31 AM »
To clarify the above point, it's a question of 'Why did Chaore let Zent's obvious fakeclaim slip, especially since it should have been doubly obvious to him?' If one is scum, I can easily believe the other as a buddy...

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #542 on: April 29, 2010, 01:40:29 AM »
Most important to me is why in the world would a townie lie about their claim name, especially when it isn't indicative of your actual role or power at all? :/

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2010, 01:42:58 AM »
Most important to me is why in the world would a townie lie about their claim name, especially when it isn't indicative of your actual role or power at all? :/
My only concern is why would scum even need fakeclaims, given that the names mean nothing?
I swear I need to patent any new points I bring up to stop things like this happening. :|

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #544 on: April 29, 2010, 01:44:12 AM »
I swear I need to patent any new points I bring up to stop things like this happening. :|

If you patent points, people will post even less. There's nothing wrong with people stating their views. If I go 'olol I agree with Rou' then I'm just parroting. Vicious cycle.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #545 on: April 29, 2010, 01:44:49 AM »
EBWOP: Actually, here's a question. Why did UK point out the mistake with Zent's claim, rather than Chaore given that it was his role? Curiouser and curiouser...

I beat Chaore to it likely. I saw the Rou claim, looked at Cha's claim, and basically was like "WAIT A MINUTE"

The fact that Zent was claiming without even pointing out Cha's claim as fake was also more like scum who thought their claim was safe.

And for me to accept the title saying it all, I'd have to accept there were four scum in a thirteen player game, and very little power to counteract that

I'm sure you can understand why my mind is boggling.

Don't comment on town power until everyone has claimed. There's more to it but it's still weak.

And ninjaed by Rou. Now I'm wondering if Zent/Rou/Huhwhat are all scum together and plotting my downfall or something. Or... if my role has some hidden clause I wasn't told in PM that makes me look suspicious upon tracking; I've read about similar roles on the Mafia Wiki.

As I said, if we DO have four scum alive, a gambit by Rou and HW that simultaniously implicates a scummy newbie as well as defends a newbie scumbuddy is quite wise, especially given lol lylo.

We have to make a choice eventually. I want all the data first.

The fact you suggested the latter about a hidden clause in your PM bugs me. It's equivalent to claiming miller in response to a cop, and ties into a tendency to try to look town by giving others the benefit of the doubt. I've done this in the past.

Ninjas:
To clarify the above point, it's a question of 'Why did Chaore let Zent's obvious fakeclaim slip, especially since it should have been doubly obvious to him?' If one is scum, I can easily believe the other as a buddy...

This theory has occured to me, but it would mean that Chaore is essentially sacrificing Zent, which, granted, is not an impossibility.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2010, 01:45:58 AM »

Because he's an utter freaking dumbass. :V
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2010, 01:47:32 AM »
I'm Carthrat townie inventor.  I gave Rou that "Easy Stalk 9000" thing he was talking about.  I'm only one-shot, and I gave him the most useful of the three inventions I had.  My options were:

-Weak tracker (can see if they target someone, but can't tell who they target) (this is what I gave to Rou)
-Weak watcher (can see that someone was targeted, but can't tell who targed them)
-Bodygarud (can protect someone, but if that person is targed with a kill they will die in their place)

I can verify that Rou IS telling the truth about recieving the Easy Stalk.  I thought he was extremely townie D1, and I actually had a minor mental meltdown when I thought that he might be scum D2 (though thinking about it, Kilga's right, his vote switch to Alice is okay, so I'm less bothered by him now).

---

As for stuff.  Oooooookay, I guess I was wrong about the newbies.  Both Zen and Neo obviously need to die.  I think the fake claim is objectively worse so yeah.

##Vote Zentillion
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2010, 01:47:40 AM »
##Vote: Zentillion

« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2010, 01:47:56 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote Zentillion

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #550 on: April 29, 2010, 01:48:24 AM »
 :ohdear:

« Reply #551 on: April 29, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

* huhwhat highfives Kefit and K4U

And you too Furi but you were already on it so you couldn't participate in our triangle attack :< Sorry man.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #552 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:00 AM »

UK got it in one. She did beat me to it, as even I didn't insta-click 'wait a moment'. As you know, Fake claiming a -flavor name- is the last thing one expects.

This theory has occured to me, but it would mean that Chaore is essentially sacrificing Zent, which, granted, is not an impossibility.

I haven't even gotten in a word between all these ninjas and suddenly I'm so scum tossing Zent aside? Even I'm not stupid enough to assume someone fake claiming my flavor name is -at all a pass-.

...Did scum just triple son of a freaking. God DAMNIT TOWN.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #553 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:18 AM »
Game over, scum wins.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #554 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:32 AM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #555 on: April 29, 2010, 01:51:04 AM »
Honestly, I'm leaning Scum in front of me wrt Zent.

It's terribly stupid, but the only ways I see Zent's weird claims working are A)Scum with Chaore, planned bus to get Chaore a ticket to endgame, or B) Scum stupid enough to think he had to "safe" claim and was looking through all the other claims to find one that wasn't taken.

B seems silly but, if Zent has demonstrated anything it's that he is very silly when it comes to mafia.

Ninjas: Fuck all of you.

It sucks I was wrong about Zent, but honestly, he bought town's loss with that fakeclaim.

At least I was thinking about the possibility of HW scum.

But apparently Rou wasn't a buddy? Interesting.

Well executed, regardless

« Reply #556 on: April 29, 2010, 01:53:34 AM »
Good game people. Postgame comments:

Sorry Edible, you probably didn't really deserve this :<

I'm sad my super duper roleclaim that was meant to make K4U look better while turning Rou against Serela never actually worked.

Apologies to Rou too, though I guess K4U should be doing that and not me. Hooray for Yoshi's Island enemy roles!

The highlight of this game for me was the scum quicktopic, which was much more fun to post in than the actual thread. I would totally take the entire scumteam out for burgers if I could. :>

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Over
« Reply #557 on: April 29, 2010, 01:54:19 AM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #558 on: April 29, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »
Yeah it was pretty terrible.

But the final-lynch gigglefit was worth it. :V

Edible

« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2010, 01:55:06 AM »
Sorry Edible, you probably didn't really deserve this :<

I probably did.  9/4 setup and no investigative roles for town is apparently horribly imbalanced, even if Town has a stump and a potential two-shot vig.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #560 on: April 29, 2010, 01:55:24 AM »
what the hell is up with Rou and Alice seeing me (not ACTUALLY) go after Carth then D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #561 on: April 29, 2010, 01:55:36 AM »
:akihawhat:

Yeah this was sort of a trainwreck. Sorry for my little breakdown. :|

HW I bought. Too much. I couldn't think of anything objectively bad he'd done all game, tbh. If he hadn't died N3 there would've been blood, though.

Furienify I WAS ON DAMMIT FFFFFFF

K4U? Really? Are you saying this thing you gave me was freaking fake?! O_O

And Kefit, well, I made that point I guess? Aw, who am I kidding, I played utter shit this game. >_>

« Reply #562 on: April 29, 2010, 01:56:12 AM »
Hardly.
Common courtesy :3c I blame shoddybattle ladders for the habit.

Serela: K4U was scum with the ability to send fake messages to people (like Rou!)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #563 on: April 29, 2010, 01:56:17 AM »
what the hell is up with Rou and Alice seeing me (not ACTUALLY) go after Carth then D:
Fix:Rou, Alice was a typo meant to say "huhwhat" but hw was scum anyway

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #564 on: April 29, 2010, 01:57:28 AM »
Quote from: Rou
K4U? Really? Are you saying this thing you gave me was freaking fake?! O_O
:D

Real commentary coming when my hands stop shaking.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #565 on: April 29, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »
Your night kill was simultaniously a great play and really stupid.

I had K4U and Kefit by NK analysis alone, and was GOING to go back and ISO both to set up a real case.

But then the claim bullshit occured.

I probably did.  9/4 setup and no investigative roles for town is apparently horribly imbalanced, even if Town has a stump and a potential two-shot vig.

Town power was too weak.

But not as bad as you think

The obvtowns were basically masons once massclaim occured. The confirmability on it's own was pretty decent, and I was HOPING a scum would try to get in the group, but if not I was going to take Chaore as town.

The vig having to rely on another player dying was...null. It gave town little power and mostly added swinginess

But, since town was basically mountainous...just no.

10:2 mountainous is theoretically balanced, and town has never won it*

*on MS

So 9:4 Mostly Mountainous? Yeah no.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #566 on: April 29, 2010, 02:00:11 AM »
SEE?! I WAS TOWN. Don't judge people on their stupidity.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Edible

« Reply #567 on: April 29, 2010, 02:02:42 AM »
So 9:4 Mostly Mountainous? Yeah no.

Mountain is cop-less, right?  I don't really like investigative roles, they make mafia too easy.  I will agree that 4 scum was too much, but if I had brought it to 3 I would have removed one or both of the kills, substituting the vig for something like a limited doc.

« Reply #568 on: April 29, 2010, 02:04:02 AM »
Sorry Zent, but you really did deserve that dogpile mislynch. :|

Apologies to everyone since I'm probably going to take half of the pointless ire/rage of town since I was on the scumteam, but meh.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #569 on: April 29, 2010, 02:04:47 AM »
SEE?! I WAS TOWN. Don't judge people on their stupidity.
You deserve an award. Seriously.

Also, K4U's role...  "Anyway, yeah, you can share your abilities. I can send PMs to people through Edible once a night."

Oh my god that fake inventor thing was genius.