Author Topic: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Over  (Read 62428 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Day 2!
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »
Why haven't Kefit/Alice been prodded for inactivity?

Whoops ;_;

It has been done.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2010, 02:32:11 PM »
UK: No point in voting if they're on course for getting modkilled anyway.

And I'm pretty sure there was a more polite way you could have responded to Kilga. >_>

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »
There probably was. Just as there was a more polite way for him to not try to be some moral god of goodness.

But he chose not to use it so I chose not to use it.

And plus it was about time I got to use "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!" given how long I've been using Kamina glass'd avatars.

At any rate, I highly doubt Alice will let himself be modkilled.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:15 PM »
Until they get modkilled, they're lurkers and worthy of voting. If they die to it, great, we can do that thing where we change our votes, right?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »
And if they do it with about 3 horus left in the day? >_>

But eh, whatever.

##Unvote
Vote: Kefit

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
Mod, what happens when people are modkilled?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #336 on: April 25, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »
Why Kefit over Alice, Rou?

(Again, not asking to be argumentative, just trying to figure out your motivations, and choosing to vote one player over another and explaining why is a pretty good way to determine it)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #337 on: April 25, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »
You know some days I should just not wake up.

@Kilga: Screw you. Seriously. Screw you straight up the ass. That's really all there is to say on the matter.

@Zent and Neo: I never touched your fest last night but you're both pushing the limits I can believe you're -really- that stupid. That said, I'd rather see if either one of you are town before I just say off both of you on that mess, so I can tell if it's an attempt to wagon and then a bus because one of you looks smashed or...

@Carth: NICE DEFLECTION BRO. In general your attitude alone has taken a decent post and -made me god damn worry-. Given I have my suspicions about Alive, this is just... Amazing. Well done.

Keeping vote on Rou because for the life of me I find that I can't properly guess Zent/Neo from that last bit without seriously knowing what they are. I'm also not switching over a lurking charge of all things, and my case on Alice if you could call it is his nice distraction at the end of Day 1. Fine with Zent, Neo, Alice, or Kefit getting lynched and I shouldn'tve have this many people fine for lynching and WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU.

:timeporpoiseisnotamused:

And you know what, if you think this is just another 'Everyone is an idiot post' like you lynched zak for, Tell me right damn well if you disagree with that sentiment. As Carth says, Search your heart, you know it to be true.

I need some damn breakfast then I'll try and be productive instead of yelling like a mad man.

Ninja Rou: You know. Shouldn't Kefit be MODKILLED by now?

Actually. Yeah. His last post was the -21st-. It is now the -25th-.

Same with Alice. 22nd.

Edible. You're a terrible Game mod.

Ninja UK: Only one post compared to Alice's 3 or 4, really.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #338 on: April 25, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
I was asking Rou. Generally answering questions for other people spoils the genuine reaction they'd have, which is why I usually hold back responses until a target has responded, such as with the Serela case on you.

Also, by the rules, Alice and Kefit have 24 hours to respond to the prod PM. So while Edible took far too long to send them out, Alice and Kefit do have the right to the 24 hours after the prod PM to respond, given how the rule is phrased.

Which is probably for the better since 2 modkills can very badly destablize a game.

That said, I want them to post. ASAP.

Chaore

« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2010, 03:59:12 PM »
Fair enough. Blame me for being hasty to answer.

Also, True. Emphasize the 'Edible you're terrible at this' then.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »
Anyway, deadline update. By my calculations we have 30 hours left. I'm tempted to ask for an extension if Alice and Kefit don't show up within the next 12 hours since we' might have to react to modkills and revote and such.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
Mmm, very well then.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2010, 04:12:24 PM »
@Chaore: I deflected what now? I thought I'd been pretty nice this game, actually. Not really inclined to buy 'attitude' on me, there are clearly far worse offenders and I am struggling to ignore it, since everyone seems to be doing it and I can't call scum/town just on that.

Chaore

« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »
You certainly moved everything to Alice/Kefit, if for good reasons. I'm not sure what to make of that yet, but I'm certainly making note of that.

And in all honesty your kind of wit is... Just plain unnerving and unusual for some reason. I'm honestly not sure and how you word thing is just sending me off guard. There is seriously just something about those posts.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
Actually, I will say this. I'm not doing this primarily to be the moral high ground guy (there is some of that mixed in, but it's not the only reason), I'm doing this because I genuinely don't want to play anymore. This particular game is Simply Not Fun Anymore. It's basically the same situation as Bardiche in My-HiME Mafia, except I don't have to ask for a modkill since I'm already dead. If Chaore wishes to hate me because I don't want to play a game I don't find fun, then so be it, though I ask some reconsideration.

Rest of what I want to say can be left for postgame.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Chaore

« Reply #345 on: April 25, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »
@Kilga: That makes a bit more sense, and put like that, I honestly can not disagree for obvious reasons. Go ahead and enjoy the rest of the game off. Just don't be quite as big of a dick next time you opt out, in all complete honesty.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #346 on: April 25, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Chaore: Do you actually believe Rou is more likely to be scum than Alice, or even Zent? I would call attention to this-

Quote from: Chaore
Keeping vote on Rou because for the life of me I find that I can't properly guess Zent/Neo from that last bit without seriously knowing what they are.

-which makes it seem like you don't think Rou is as likely scum as certain others in our group.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2010, 04:23:55 PM »
Also I guess neither of you have any particular reason to believe me, but I had a conversation with Pesco last night that I will be posting postgame that will demonstrate that these are my genuine feelings (unless you think Pesco's going to lie to cover for me, in which case ???), so it will eventually come.

Ninja'd by Chaore: I have acted in no worse a fashion than I felt was demonstrated in this topic.

Also also I'll throw in one last message and say I think Rat is pretty much dead-on about everything, though I still think Roukan deserves some investigation. My vote would be on Alice at this point if I had one.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2010, 04:30:56 PM »
I'm sure I'll have some witty rejoinders for your post game feelings, Kilga. Because it's getting unfun for me too. I don't get all sarcastic because I feel like being a bitch. I get all sarcastic when I'm sick of things going the way they do. But, whatever, postgame, etc.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
Roukanken(1): Chaore
NeoSerela(2):  huh♥♪!?what, Zentillion
Alice Margatroid(2): Carthrat, UncertainKitten
Zentillion(1): NeoSerela
Kefit(1): Roukanken

Alice and Kefit had 24 hours to post starting from the beginning of Day 2.  ~36 hours passed before their prod.  Sorry.

@Carthrat: Should a modkill become necessary, the flip will show at the end of the day.

« Reply #350 on: April 25, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »
Wow, Chaore. Antagonizing, much?

I'm not too sure if I like the idea of exchanging a vote for somebody who I actually feel is scummy for a vote on somebody who has a 50% chance of being scum but we can't tell because they're lurking. Also possibly overly paranoid, but Carthrat's suggestion to lynch lurkers instead could easily be ruse if one of the two players (or both?) who had more votes on them were scum.

« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »
Oh. That latter half only counts if Rat is scum too, obviously.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
How does Alice have a 50% chance of being scum? Taking raw chances, and assuming 3 scum, he has a 3/13 chance of being scum.

But, when you consider his behavior when he was posting in addition to the lurking, it looks worse. Also, lynching lurkers actually isn't bad play, it's just I prefer to lynch people who are being actively scummy. But, I did see merit in the Alice case so I'm willing to support it.

« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
I'm dumb and don't know how to statistic properly :3c

But I mean that there's no real evidence towards him being scum beyond lurking and it feels like taking a gamble to me.

What was wrong with his behavior while he was posting? I missed this.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2010, 05:01:34 PM »
I am going to bed, that is two people now who are insinuating that I might not be genuine in wanting lurkers lynched, or indeed Alice lynched, which is odd since I have been voting him since the start of today.

But that said, I fail to see how bringing up a new direction at this point is somehow instantly suspicious as it is.

Lurkers are generally worth lynching. They are very subtle in their machinations, since they don't actually do much one can point to as suspicious. That is, as I said, why lurking works. Town can do it, scum tends to do it more. Unless you have a good reason not to vote one, I'd suggest not hesitating. Zent's pretty bad but lurking is kinda worse.

Alice failed throughout day 1, didn't try to push the case he ostensibly had a vote on. Claimed he wanted to lynch Zent but didn't bother voting for him at the end and left someone else to decide first, I hate on the lack of pro-active voting. Rambled lots during the day, it was mostly chaff and commentary.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
I disagree in general with Carth's assessment that pure lurking is worse then Zent's posting. However, coupled with Alice's posts, which are cased in my ISO, HW, I could definitely see Alice being a scummy lurker.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »
Here is said ISO.

« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
Rat, what's your take on Kefit?

Chaore

« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Chaore: Do you actually believe Rou is more likely to be scum than Alice, or even Zent? I would call attention to this-

-which makes it seem like you don't think Rou is as likely scum as certain others in our group.

In all complete honesty. Yes.

I will repeat what we have on Alice. 3 days not here and a bit of oddity at the end of day 1. Lurking I will honestly say is not scum specific, LALU or not, and I can't in honesty hold the oddity at the end of Day 1 very high. It's suspicious but I can't outright call it scummy. It's the same reason I'm not voting K4U for her oddities, they look odd but they're NOT definite tells. I can't in good conscience find myself making a case for that.

Zent is a moron. This is not Town or Scum specific, and really everything he HAS done last night and the day before could SERIOUSLY go both ways. Even with flips I can not in good conscience say I see him specifically scummy or town. He has acted like stupid scum but he has acted like stupid town and it makes my -head hurt-.

Neo is similarily pretty damn new and bad cases aren't exactly town specific. While he does look positively worse and more definable because he is trying to act smart, I do have to hold him to a regard of mistakes. Fine with saying he is scum, but I'd rather see Rou's flip first.

Comparatively, I'd like to say I have a far stronger case on rou what with how he has been continously trying to dodge straight out of the spotlight when it -matters-. I can't for the life of me say I see town looking out for his Keister instead of looking for Scum, or continuing a case he pretty much switched to out of looking out for his keister instead of looking for -anything- new.

The 'because I can't make head or tails of Neo is me basically saying I haven't had my looks changed at -all- despite all this, because it makes no sense unless you try and force roles on them. Without definite info I seriously can't derive shit from that mess.

As such, I do seriously think there is something a bit stronger about Rou compared to Alice. I didn't vote Alice at the start of the day because I didn't think what I still have is tangibly very good. I'm absolutely fine with an Alice lynch, and -really- I get the lurking charge, but it feels like I'm dropping to a weaker case.

Ninja Huhwhat: I was completely out of line but frankly, I feel like I needed that out of my system before I even thought logically. Sorry about that.

Ninja Carth: Alright. Fine.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Alice Margatroid.

I've got no good reason to not vote Alice as I can't seriously say there isn't something odd about him. There... Really is no good reason to say he IS town and a lynch should be avoided.

Ninja HuhwhatSEQUEL: He just went to bed, apparently.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2010, 05:28:46 PM »
UK: He was the worse lurker, imo. I only remember him making one post yesterday, and that was to jump on the Zak wagon.

Also, as hypocritical as this is given how I acted yesterday, I really think we need to cut to the vitriol here. Take a time out and have a group hug or something.