Author Topic: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Over  (Read 62407 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: MotK Mafioso Mafia! Day 2!
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2010, 11:17:14 PM »
Speaking of my vote on Serela, he still hasn't really given a straight answer to why he voted Zakeri at the time he voted (or anything else in that post, really), which was one of my main reasons for voting him in the first place.
When I first voted Zakeri I pretty much was just "ehh this is better then a jokevote" and then went to read the thread over and make a serious vote. Then, afterwards, I realized that  the serious vote I wanted to make actually was Zakeri (which was kind of a bad thing because of how that vote originally came out), but... it's better to vote the person I suspect most then do someone else purely to look better, right? The point is to catch scum.

Serela is off and should probably be ISO'd by me sometime tonight. The unvote really did bug me...
The Chaore unvote? He pretty much beat down my whole case, so I didn't see much of a reason to keep it. I didn't know I had basically redone different cases on him in the first place.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2010, 11:18:39 PM »
I didn't know I had basically redone different cases on him in the first place.
A better way to word this is "brought up old cases again". "redone different cases" signifies something a little different.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2010, 11:20:40 PM »
It's hard to explain. It was the feeling of the unvote. But I really should just do an ISO on you to see where it leads.

@HW: Three.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2010, 11:26:04 PM »
Auuugh, I don't think I'm up to all of this... look at just how much disaster I'm bringing to myself in this game... perhaps mafia's just not my thing.

Still, perhaps... screw logic. I'm basing my vote on how the tables seem to be turning, and they are turning on one person besides myself.  If I get hung tonight for taking this route, so be it. I shoulda stuck to word games like a good little boy.

##Vote: NeoSerela
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »
Zent's vote on Serela seems like an attempt to space the two apart after what I just said about them being teamed up. Ugh.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2010, 11:32:10 PM »
Still, perhaps... screw logic. I'm basing my vote on how the tables seem to be turning, and they are turning on one person besides myself.
what

No seriously, what? I'm not terribly surprised that I'm getting voted, but the person voting me is saying outright that they're doing it not for logic, but just because other people are suspicious. What.

I'm starting to think Zent couldn't be scum just because of how badly he's playing. If he had scumbuddies talking to him, they'd probably rip his head off. Of course, he might not even be talking to them, or they might just be thinking "he's a lost cause" at this point.

Either way, I'd much rather have my vote on him then just sitting unused. Because, what? ##Vote:Zentillion

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2010, 11:33:03 PM »
Rou, what makes Serela a better lynch than Zent?
His case sounded a lot more genuine and a lot less hurrrandom than Zent's - that is, it sounded more legible and thought out. Therefore I saw it more likely to be bad scum than bad Town.

Aaaaaand we have ANOTHER person who removes their vote on Chaore after pressure emerges. Then jumps on Neo while saying Neo is probably dumb Town. Yeah, definitely happy with my vote now.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2010, 11:33:31 PM »
EBWOP: Jumps on ZENT while saying ZENT is dumb Town. Stupid hasty responses to ninja posts.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2010, 11:41:35 PM »
So, because Serela makes more sense he's more likely to be scum?

That's...odd to say the least. Am I misunderstanding?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2010, 11:43:54 PM »
ITT MotK's apparently infamously dumb town continues to live up to it's name.

Let's have a vote count.

Roukanken(1): Chaore
NeoSerela(3):  huh♥♪!?what, Roukanken, Zentillion
Alice(1): Carthrat
Zentillion(2): UncertainKitten, NeoSerela

I double checked, so I'm pretty sure I didn't make a mistake; but please bring it to light if I did. A vote miscount wouldn't be good.

[edible]Looks good to me.  PS, you have ~46 hours remaining.[/edible]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:56:15 PM by Edible »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »
OMG SERELA IS SCUM HE POSTED A VOTECOUNT GODDAMMIT!

Unvote Vote Serela totally!

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2010, 11:50:42 PM »
I'll probably need a replacement before I embarrass myself any further at this point, really. Sorry for being so troublesome.

UK-ninja: Nah, more like I'm picking at straws for my vote + jumping on what looks like a starting bandwagon + stopping my indecisiveness by looking at the most acceptable at this point target. Though that's almost as horrible as voting because he makes more sense than I am.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2010, 12:58:14 AM »
So, because Serela makes more sense he's more likely to be scum?

That's...odd to say the least. Am I misunderstanding?
It's more that he's therefore less likely to be dumb Town. >_>

Zentillion asking for replacement is AAAAAAAAA

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »
Honestly, the replacement request is making me reconsider my vote. Trouble is I'm not sure how often scum replace out in frustration.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2010, 01:21:03 AM »
Zentillion won't be replaced.  Carry on.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2010, 01:21:53 AM »
Pah, forget replacement, I'm staying until I'm lynched.

I'm going to stay consistent and therefore my vote remains unchanged. Sorry, NeoSerela.

...DAMMIT STOP NINJAING. And what Edible said.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2010, 01:34:20 AM »
Okay, so due to something happening this week that wasn't going to happen until next I'll be less active (hence me not posting at all yesterday).  For those of you that have been talking to me about stuff in private, no this "something" is not a bad thing; it's actually a very good thing and I'm really excited that it happened a week sooner than I expected. :D  I won't elaborate any more than that because it's not related to this game.

Anyway, I haven't gotten around to rereading the thread yet, but I have caught up/read all of D2.  Um...I'm really not sure what to say.  I think my brain fizzled out the sixth time I went "wait what."  I'm starting to think that I was being too easy on the newbies.  Recent posts are just...There are no words.  I'd like to reread the thread with this in mind before saying anymore.  I'll try my best to finish my reread tonight, but I'm going to be pretty busy, so I'm not making any promises.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2010, 07:39:14 AM »
After careful consideration, I've decided that I'm not going to continue helping until UK either dies or apologizes for her attitude. This comes as late as it does because I spent a very long time simply not wanting to go anywhere near this thread out of disgust.

Apologies to Edible for basically ruining a pretty neat role.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #318 on: April 25, 2010, 07:46:31 AM »
Also in before someone (probably UK out of spiteful self-defense)  tells me this is anti-town, I know it's anti-town, I'm actually deriving a bit of pleasure from the fact that I'm acting in an anti-town manner and there isn't a damn thing anyone that's not Edible can do about it since I'm already dead.

Whee!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #319 on: April 25, 2010, 08:07:42 AM »
(probably UK out of spiteful self-defense)

Spent a few minutes cooling down, and I want to retract this statement, as it's nothing more than needless antagonization. Sorry about that.

Everything else I've said still stands, however.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #320 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »
No Alice post yet? Also where is Kefit? It has been some time already. Alice already looks scummy, lurking only makes it worse. Kefit has made one real post in this entire game ffs, which featured jumping on the Zakwagon and pointing a few fingers at Kilga without really going all the way. I'd lynch Alice. I'd lynch Kefit. I'd lynch them over most of the game. LynchAllLurkers! At least Zent is posting though what he is posting is pretty much a willful desire to do everything scummy he possibly can (see: fair-weather voting, not voting to catch scum, loudly declaring he's taking strategies to stay alive, etc). I'd lynch him too. That's three people I'd lynch, in exactly that order.

This is in fact really easy guys, we must lynch lurkers. Must. Not a point really up for debate, I think. Search your hearts. You know it to be true. People coast on lurking in many games. They are very often scum! It's a strategy that works because other people inevitably say stupid things that draw attention to them!

Quote from: Rou
My point is that by my earlier definition, Furienify and Zentillion were BOTH easy targets. Why, then, did Zentillion's wagon start flying ahead while Furienify stayed still? Therefore it's highly unlikely that Zent's advancing case wasn't scum-oriented.

Does that work in terms of why I'm not convinced by the Zent case?

If we had flips in hand that showed Zent was town I would be nodding along to this kind of logic most likely, but we don't so I'm not. I don't really agree that because Serela sounds smarter he/she is somehow more scummy as a result, not here.

Having seen it happen a hundred times before in a hundred slightly different ways I have realized I can take nothing from the UK/Rou spat, will not even bother trying to read it.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #321 on: April 25, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
Carth...raises an embarrassingly good point. Why haven't Kefit/Alice been prodded for inactivity?

On that note, Furienify has shut up again. I'm getting really irritated at how these players have to be prodded in order to produce. If we actually ARE up against a Lurker Mafia right now, I'm going to feel cheated for lack of a better word.

Kilga: I overreacted to UK, I'll admit. I was feeling pretty miserable when it came up. The fault is probably mine, mostly, since everyone else seems fine with UK's behaviour thus far. >_>

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »
That's a good question. Where are Kefit and Alice? if they are scum, they may be lurking because all the focus seems to be on me and my shitty performance and they don't need to do anything. Now the dumbass question - if all three of us are scum, wouldn't they at least try to post stuff that puts doubt that I'm scum (if NeoSerela is right, though, the other scum have given up on me and this question is moot)?

Perhaps I need to reconsider my vote and look at them, but if i change my vote, I'll be flip-flopping again. Sigh.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »
Before I respond to the three posts under Kilga's tirade, I only have 12 words for you, Kilga.

Hope the door doesn't hit your ass on the way out, Kilga.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »
Nothing to really reply to except that I mostly agree with the Kefit/Alice please post attitude.

Oh, right, to elaborate on my recalcitrance to capitulate to our dear Kilga's desire. He's trying to force a compulsory apology for things I don't feel are wrong. If I felt they were wrong, I would have apologized already. I did apologize to Rou for generally making his mood worse yesterday, but is there anything else I feel the need to apologize for? Fuck no. So, Kilga, and I'm sure you'll find this rude, but honestly, your attempts to force my compliance are rather rude in their own right.

Kilga, take your moral high ground, and shove it.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2010, 01:29:39 PM »
Oh, right.

##Unvote, Vote Alice

I love how the posts between mine and Carth's all talk about how great Alice is for a lynch but seem to lack votes in that direction. I just noticed Carth is already voting Alice. Is anyone else who agrees planning to do so?

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »
If I can be a little convinced we're looking at a mafia of lurkers here, sure, I'll vote for Alice. Though I want to stick with NeoSerela to stay consistent, there's so muck flak for my vote that perhaps changing is a smart choice. I do wonder what he thinks about Alice... if I switched my vote, would he be willing to do the same?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
Er, a little more convinced we're looking at a lurkmafia.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
Nah, I had an ISO on Alice. I'm not voting him just cause he's lurking.

Honestly, Zent, I'm already having second thoughts about going for an Alice lynch and just securing yours. But I want to see where this Alice thing goes.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »
I see...
Did you bring a light?
...No...