Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71747 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #870 on: September 03, 2016, 02:06:49 AM »
>"If you think it will work, we can try it."
>Let's try it

>As before, you and your three friends lay your hands upon your scepter. This time, however, you raise the weapon above your head. With one hand on the Grey Jewel around her neck, Breakdown raises her other hand and joins with yours. You can sense the connection she shares with the Jewels of the others. It's very faint, barely perceptible to your senses, but it's there. You do believe you can work with this.
>But as you send your spell out towards the other five bikers and start to work on them, you realize that there's a problem. As you expected, converting Breakdown took a fair amount of energy. Drag Strip's Jewel is nearly as strong, and the evil in all of the others seems to run deeper than it did in Breakdown. Without Reisen's help, you do not have enough energy to purify all five of the bikers. You can change Drag Strip and three of the four weaker ones, or the four weaker ones but not Drag Strip.

« Reply #871 on: September 03, 2016, 03:12:14 AM »
>Are we already in the process of using this magic, or is there opportunity to inform Reisen that it really did work, but that we might need her help to finish the job?
>And could we do four of them now and then get help from her for the last one, or would we ourselves be too out of juice by that point, even with her help?

« Reply #872 on: September 03, 2016, 03:16:49 AM »
>Are we already in the process of using this magic, or is there opportunity to inform Reisen that it really did work, but that we might need her help to finish the job?
>And could we do four of them now and then get help from her for the last one, or would we ourselves be too out of juice by that point, even with her help?

>You can put your spell on pause, for want of a better term, to talk to Reisen.
>It depends on which one you leave for last. If you left one of the weaker ones, then Reisen could help you once you deal with the others. Assuming their inner evil isn't too great. If you left Drag Strip for last, you MAY still be able to pull it off, but the odds are not as good. That Red Jewel's gonna be tough to overmaster.

« Reply #873 on: September 03, 2016, 03:59:26 AM »
>Then let's deal with Drag Strip and as many of the rest as we can. We can call in extra power for the remaining one, once this is a done deal.

« Reply #874 on: September 03, 2016, 05:05:43 AM »
>Then let's deal with Drag Strip and as many of the rest as we can. We can call in extra power for the remaining one, once this is a done deal.

>Which one do you wish to leave for later?

« Reply #875 on: September 03, 2016, 05:26:38 AM »
>Start with Drag Strip, leave whoever seems most harmless on first brush for last

« Reply #876 on: September 05, 2016, 02:51:23 AM »
>Start with Drag Strip, leave whoever seems most harmless on first brush for last

>The most harmless would appear to be woman wearing the Blue and and Indigo Jewels. Breakdown identifies her as Offroad. Her Jewels are the weakest, and the evil in her does not appear to run quite as deep as it does in the others. You believe she'll be the easiest to work on. Though she, and the other female members of the gang, do make you passing curious about something. You turned Breakdown from a male into a female. Will you do the reverse for the females? You wonder for a moment, but after some quick thought you get the impression that it doesn't work that way. Something to wonder about later.

>As you suspected, sinking enough power into Drag Strip to change her essence is a task in and of itself. She's very nearly as powerful as Breakdown, and although her spirit does not resist in the same way Breakdown's did, you sense a challenge there. It is as though the woman, even unconscious, is fighting you, though you sense not because of any enmity or fear, but just for the challenge of it. Breakdown simply states that that's normal for her. Drag Strip challenges everything and everyone she can, asleep or awake.
>The Yellow Jeweled woman isn't much easier to work on either. Her Jewel is strong, but beyond that her mind is even more fragmented and damaged than Breakdown's was. Touching her soul is rather uncomfortable. You strongly suspect that this woman is insane. You'll definitely be doing her a favor by curing her, but the power it takes to put her mind back together is significant. It's a massive mess in there, and you find yourself slightly relieved you didn't meet her while he was awake. Even with a weaker Jewel, she would have been more difficult to defeat than Breakdown was.
>The second weakest of them, the man with the Aqua Jewel and the truncated horns that denotes an Oni bloodline, doesn't present too much in the way of unexpected difficulties, but the man lying next to him, the one in the orange leathers, is another story. He wears a Green Jewel, and the evil in him runs deep. Very deep. You get the uncomfortable feeling that the dark paths this man has walked are not wholly the fault of the Jewels he bears. The resistance his spirit offers is great, more than any of the others. The power it takes to affect him is very nearly as much as you needed to change Breakdown. He does not want to be changed. But it is for his own good, not to mention the good of those around him. But the extra effort it takes to turn him leaves you and you colleagues with very little left in the tank, even with Breakdown's assistance. You're more sure than ever that you'll need Reisen to turn Offroad.

>As before, when your spell finishes its work on each Blackblood, a rush of power escapes their Jewels. But this time you have someone there to provide some backup. After the Aqua Jewel's surge of power, which isn't too profound, Breakdown draws on her Yellow Jewel and throws up a protective shield around you and your group. She warns you that it probably won't be enough to shield you completely from Drag Strip's Red Jewel, but it's the best she can do with her Grey Jewel tied up in your spell. And true to her word, the shield holds against the rush of Yellow power from the woman she called Wildrider, but your spell finishes its work on Drag Strip before the other man, and that Red surge breaks Breakdown's shield. She tries to replace the barrier, but the Green Jewel of the man called Vice surrenders to your spell before she can, and the wave of Green power strikes you and your group, bowling you over again.

« Reply #877 on: September 05, 2016, 03:20:25 AM »
>Let's take a moment and collect ourselves, then evaluate the current status of things

« Reply #878 on: September 05, 2016, 06:03:49 AM »
>Let's take a moment and collect ourselves, then evaluate the current status of things

>It takes longer to collect yourself this time than last. This has been a properly tiring experience. Potentially rewarding, but certainly trying. You'd almost rather simply lie there for a while rather than get up again. Your body aches all over. "Sorry about that." you hear Breakdown say as she helps Lily back to her feet. "I couldn't get another shield up in time."
>"Don't worry about it." Lily replies, though she sounds a little punch-drunk herself.
>Next to you, Rin is still lying down, holding her head. "Wasn't the hard part supposed to be over?" she murmurs.

« Reply #879 on: September 05, 2016, 06:15:38 AM »
>"This is a better kind of tired, I think."
>We did pull it off, though, right?

« Reply #880 on: September 05, 2016, 06:31:33 AM »
>"This is a better kind of tired, I think."
>We did pull it off, though, right?

>"I could live with tired, but I've about had it with getting knocked around."
>"Agreed." Kiku rumbles from a couple of feet away.
>You certainly seem to have done. The two men you were working on are, like Breakdown before them, are now female, and the two who started as female are still that gender. Most importantly, you can sense not a trace of any of the power associated with Blackblood Jewels from the four of them. Only the one called Offroad remains unchanged. Fortunately, she still is asleep, so she's not presently in a position to give you any trouble.

« Reply #881 on: September 05, 2016, 06:38:20 AM »
>"Well, hopefully we're almost done with that for a while."
>Let's take it easy for another few minutes, then call up Reisen
>I am happy to report that the process was a success - more or less. All but one of the Blackblood Jewels are gone now, and Breakdown seems very grateful for us helping still the voices in their mind. There's just one slight problem. Well, perhaps more than one, but one I'm hoping you'll be willing to help with.

« Reply #882 on: September 06, 2016, 04:51:37 AM »
>"Well, hopefully we're almost done with that for a while."
>Let's take it easy for another few minutes, then call up Reisen
>I am happy to report that the process was a success - more or less. All but one of the Blackblood Jewels are gone now, and Breakdown seems very grateful for us helping still the voices in their mind. There's just one slight problem. Well, perhaps more than one, but one I'm hoping you'll be willing to help with.

>I'll need a minute or two. Reisen replies, sounding slightly distracted.
>As she replies, the woman called Drag Strip groans. "What the hell happened?" you hear her mutter, her harsh voice colored by an Eagleland accent.

« Reply #883 on: September 06, 2016, 05:20:40 AM »
>"How do you feel?"

« Reply #884 on: September 06, 2016, 05:49:40 AM »
>"How do you feel?"

>"Like I just lost, but I don't know what I was fighting." the yellow-clad biker grumbles as she raises her head to look at you. She's not a bad looking woman either, and while she wasn't changed nearly as much as Breakdown was, she still has a sign of your magic on her new evil-free body. Her dark purple hair now has light blue bangs and ends. "Why do I get the feeling that I know you?"

« Reply #885 on: September 06, 2016, 06:59:15 AM »
>"If you can remember fighting while you were asleep, then I suppose you might be able to remember what you were fighting against."
>"But don't worry; I never meant you any harm in the first place."

« Reply #886 on: September 06, 2016, 08:26:27 AM »
>"If you can remember fighting while you were asleep, then I suppose you might be able to remember what you were fighting against."
>"But don't worry; I never meant you any harm in the first place."

>"Yeah. I know that too." the biker replies as she gets to her feet. She's rather tall. "Must be awful strong, too. Don't know why, though."

« Reply #887 on: September 06, 2016, 04:48:33 PM »
>Let's just smile and politely introduce ourselves
>"I'm Lotus."

« Reply #888 on: September 06, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »
>Let's just smile and politely introduce ourselves
>"I'm Lotus."

>The woman cracks a cocky grin and points at herself with her thumb. "They call me Drag Strip, and there ain't nobody faster on two wheels." She may be boasting, but her tone is light, almost friendly. "And not that I mind having more pretty girls around, but where's the rest of my gang?"
>"Um... Here." Breakdown replies shyly.
>Her Red Jeweled companion's head whirls to look at her, disbelieving, but the look fades after a moment's contemplation. "BD?"
>The blue-haired woman flushes slightly. "Yeah."
>"What the hell happened to you? Never mind, I know what happened to you, but... Okay, so you've got breasts, but, how come I ain't got a dick?" she asks you bluntly.

« Reply #889 on: September 06, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »
>"I'm afraid your guess is as good as mine, at this point. This wasn't an... expected side-effect."

« Reply #890 on: September 06, 2016, 11:22:08 PM »
>"I'm afraid your guess is as good as mine, at this point. This wasn't an... expected side-effect."

>"Hey, I'm not complaining." the grinning woman replies. "I like my plumbing the way it is." Then she gives Breakdown a hard look. More specifically, her chest. "Heheh, and I still win."
>Breakdown blushes again, then smiles. "You haven't changed much."
>"Who'd want me to change?"

>What is the delay? Kiku asks Reisen.
>I'm convincing Hatate and the police to go away. It's taking longer than I thought, one of them's Blood. the rabbit replies as the Yellow Jeweled woman groans and stirs.

« Reply #891 on: September 06, 2016, 11:27:25 PM »
>Then I'll get straight to the point. The four of us had enough power to transmute the jewels of everyone but Offroad, but we're almost completely tapped out now. We need your help if we're to fix the last of them.

« Reply #892 on: September 06, 2016, 11:45:39 PM »
>Then I'll get straight to the point. The four of us had enough power to transmute the jewels of everyone but Offroad, but we're almost completely tapped out now. We need your help if we're to fix the last of them.

>Another Blackblood? Kiku asks as you explain your situation to Reisen.
>No, a Brightblood. Not a strong one. I'll explain later, I'm having trouble talking to you both and dancing at the same time.
>Kiku speaks again, and you sense that she has excluded Reisen from the group call. Perhaps one of us should go back up and assist her? she suggests.
>Lily, however, seems surprised. She did say 'dancing', right?

« Reply #893 on: September 06, 2016, 11:58:48 PM »
>I... assume that must be metaphoric.
>Presumably we still need to be the one to direct this jewel transmutation magic, yes? Would ourself and Reisen be enough to handle Offroad?
>Assuming so: Perhaps you should go sub in for her, Kiku. At least to hold them off for a bit so that Reisen can come help us tie up this one loose end here before she wakes up.

« Reply #894 on: September 07, 2016, 05:38:56 AM »
>I... assume that must be metaphoric.
>Assuming so: Perhaps you should go sub in for her, Kiku. At least to hold them off for a bit so that Reisen can come help us tie up this one loose end here before she wakes up.

>Maybe not. Rin suggests. She DID say that one of her forms was Dancer.
>Ohh, I wanna see that! says Lily.
>Perhaps you should ask her another time. Kiku remarks as she pushes off the wall she had been leaning against. I will do what I can, Lotus.

>Drag Strip looks around the tomb as Kiku starts marching up the steps. "So which one's Motormaster?" she asks Breakdown.
>"Actually, Motormaster's... Somewhere else. They put him somewhere after they beat him."
>"How come?" Drag Strip asks you.

>Presumably we still need to be the one to direct this jewel transmutation magic, yes? Would ourself and Reisen be enough to handle Offroad?

>You do. The spell was your creation, formed from your will and desire to help these people. As for Offroad, you believe that you and Reisen, provided she's willing, should be enough. Obviously the more people involved the less energy it will take from you, but you and Poppy should be enough for this woman. Depending on how much fuel Reisen has left in the tank, of course.

« Reply #895 on: September 07, 2016, 05:44:30 AM »
>"Despite what you may think, Motormaster did not have a jewel of his own. His apparent Blackblood power stemmed from a separate entity that had taken root in him - an entity we had to excise. Motormaster lost consciousness after the battle, so we placed him somewhere safe and comfortable  until we can ascertain his current condition and well-being."

« Reply #896 on: September 07, 2016, 07:05:26 AM »
>"Despite what you may think, Motormaster did not have a jewel of his own. His apparent Blackblood power stemmed from a separate entity that had taken root in him - an entity we had to excise. Motormaster lost consciousness after the battle, so we placed him somewhere safe and comfortable  until we can ascertain his current condition and well-being."

>Drag Strip's grin broadens. "Hot damn! That means he didn't outrank me after all. Girl, you just made my day. But that don't answer why you didn't just do to him what you did to us."
>"Because it only works on Blackbloods." the Yellow Jeweled woman grumbles as she raises her head to look at Drag Strip. Even in her new body she's a little rough looking.  Her thin grey hair is dark enough to be confused for black and it clings to her head. The look she aims at Drag Strip is faintly superior. "I've got a new mind, and I could figure that out, What's your excuse?"
>Drag Strip growls at her weaker companion, but Breakdown places a hand on her shoulder. "Do you really have to start arguing with each other already?"
>"Why not?"
>Breakdown sighs at Drag Strip's casual sarcasm, then returns her attention to you. "That does raise a question, though. I don't think we can call ourselves Blackbloods anymore, not after what you did to us. So, what are we, now?"

« Reply #897 on: September 08, 2016, 03:42:44 AM »
>"Well, you can call yourself whatever you like, I imagine. But for jewels that are neither Black nor Bright, but grounded in emotions of the heart... Heartsblood, maybe? I don't know there's ever been jewels quite like yours before."

« Reply #898 on: September 08, 2016, 09:00:56 AM »
>"Well, you can call yourself whatever you like, I imagine. But for jewels that are neither Black nor Bright, but grounded in emotions of the heart... Heartsblood, maybe? I don't know there's ever been jewels quite like yours before."

>Drag Strip chuckles. "I like that."
>"You would." Wildrider mutters. "Sounds kind of vampire-y."
>"Vampires are cool."
>"Being changed didn't improve your tastes any."
>Drag Strip snorts, "Can't help having better taste than you, zombie girl."
>"So carve yourself some fangs."

>Breakdown sighs again as the two wrangle with each other. "Well, I've been called a lot worse." she says to you. "We all have. Look, Lotus..." she starts. "Don't think I'm ungrateful or anything, but... Well, once you're done with Offroad, then what? I mean, you changed us. Did you... have a plan? For after?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:49:10 PM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #899 on: September 08, 2016, 05:00:43 PM »
>"I wanted to give you a chance to live your life free from the grip of the abyss - free from the voices and the darkness. What you choose to do with that life is up to you; I understand if that might take a little while to figure out."
>"Of course, if there's anything I can do to help...."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:05:03 PM by DracoOmega »