Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71614 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #840 on: August 28, 2016, 06:09:43 AM »
>"It is convenient in situations like this."
>Now, let's take care of the others.
>Descend into the crypt!

>Only now does Reisen put her sword away. She has a fairly satisfied look on her face. She turns with the rest of you and heads back towards the crypt. It too, like a lot of other real estate in this place, has suffered some damage. One of the two statues has been completely destroyed, and the roof of the crypt shows some charring. And there's another complication standing at the top of the stairs: Hatate.
>You know, now that we've beaten Motormaster, I'm wondering. Reisen remarks. Can I have his bike?

« Reply #841 on: August 28, 2016, 06:27:32 AM »
>I think we should leave that until we see what will become of Motormaster himself.
>Hatate is just standing there in the open waiting for us? Or does she seem to be investigating something?
>Assuming the former, and she does not otherwise seem injured: "Yes?"

« Reply #842 on: August 28, 2016, 06:35:34 AM »
>I think we should leave that until we see what will become of Motormaster himself.
>Hatate is just standing there in the open waiting for us? Or does she seem to be investigating something?
>Assuming the former, and she does not otherwise seem injured: "Yes?"

>It's probably stolen anyway. Reisen gripes.
>Standing and waiting. Well, her camera gives evidence as to what else she's been doing, but right now she's just waiting. And seems uninjured.
>The young tengu has a reputation for being fairly collected and unflappable, but she can't seem to keep an expression of wonderment off her face. Or out of her voice when she says, "I have a lot of questions."

« Reply #843 on: August 28, 2016, 06:59:17 AM »
>"I'm sure you do. But before I can answer any of them, there's still some vital business we need to take care of. Downstairs."

« Reply #844 on: August 28, 2016, 07:33:44 PM »
>"I'm sure you do. But before I can answer any of them, there's still some vital business we need to take care of. Downstairs."

>Hatate smiles eagerly. You get the feeling that may not have been the best thing to say to her, as you've just made her curious. You're not sure you want her hanging over your shoulder while you try this spell on the biker gang in the crypt. And though she does stand aside, you have no doubt at all she means to follow you.
>Reisen evidently picks up on this as well. If you want, Byakuren, I could handle her. I was planning on staying up here anyway, and I can keep her out of your hair.

« Reply #845 on: August 28, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »
>I would appreciate that. Just don't be too curt with her - I fear it may only encourage her.
>Proceed

« Reply #846 on: August 28, 2016, 10:18:28 PM »
>I would appreciate that. Just don't be too curt with her - I fear it may only encourage her.
>Proceed

>Not to worry. Reisen replies confidantly. I've had a lot of experience with this type. More than her words, her tone of voice reassures you. She sounds more like her usual self than the side of her you saw in battle. "What our leader meant is that MOST of us have work to do down there. I on the other hand can try to answer some of those questions of yours, if you'd like." The tengu journalist seems fairly conflicted, and you and your comrades take advantage of her momentarily diverted attention to move past her and down into the crypt.
>It's as well you didn't waste any more time on Hatate as well. At the bottom of the stairs, where you left him, is Breakdown, and despite all the magic thrown at him, he is beginning to show signs of stirring.

« Reply #847 on: August 28, 2016, 11:20:22 PM »
>Then let's get to work on him first, before he can possibly object in a violent fashion a second time

« Reply #848 on: August 31, 2016, 12:28:26 AM »
>Then let's get to work on him first, before he can possibly object in a violent fashion a second time

>While you'd much rather not work at a rush, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options. At least you don't until Kiku walks around you and pulls out another ofuda, placing it in the back of Breakdown's head and incanting a quick spell. The talisman fades as the spell takes shape, and the biker stills. That was my last sleep spell. she says as she stands back up. We'd better do this before the others start to come around.
>How'd he start to recover so fast? Lily asks.
>Blackblood Jewels are said to bestow great resilience upon their wielders. Even against our unique magic. We were fortunate Poppy's lightning was as effective as it was. The tiger youkai walks back over to your group. I only hope that resilience doesn't cause us to use too much power on this biker. Not if you hope to repeat this spell for the others.
>Well even if we only get it to work on this one, at least he's the strongest. Rin says. We can handle the others.
>Dourly, Kiku replies. Hopefully.
>"Aw, cheer up, Chryssy!" Lily speaks with that big smile of hers. We already won!
>Kiku blinks. Chryssy? You and Rin can't help but giggle aloud. Trust Lily to be able to inject some lightness into any situation.

>But then you return your fellow magical girls to the task at hand. Time is limited and your task is large. Is some ways, you are about to remap someone's life. There is still a part of you that wonders: Is this the right thing to do? Do you have the right to do it? And what kind of life will you be giving to this man and those like him? But you calm yourself, knowing that this is, almost beyond any doubt, the only chance Breakdown will ever have. Blackbloods can't be 'cured' like other criminals and wrong doers. If they're as bad and as dangerous as you believe they are, each of these bikers is on a course to premature death, and will doubtlessly do more harm along the way. Potentially a lot more harm, judging from the power you saw in Breakdown's Jewels. You may be the only one- No, the only group capable of doing more for these people than killing them or jailing them. And if they choose to resume their lives of crime once you leave them, at least then it would be their choice, rather than a consequence of their birth, a fate they had no choice or control over.

>So you point your scepter down at the prostrate biker, and Lily, Rin and Kiku place their hands over yours. This time there is a joining not just of power, for more than power is needed for this task. Intent and emotion are as important as the power, coming together to forge a truly unique kind of magic. Lily offers the simplest of emotions, that pure and innocent heart of hers sending out nothing more than a desire for everything to be okay. Kiku's offerings are, inevitably, laced with fear. She can't help that, it's who she is. But her fear this time is a fear for the future of Breakdown and his kind. Like you, she knows that Breakdown's future is a dark one without your help, and that what you can do for him is, if only a little, going to improve his odds at life. And Rin, who has known almost nothing but the life of a slave, offers Breakdown her hope that he can escape the path of his life. Rin was able to find someone who offered her better than she had known, and now Breakdown has that same chance. All the remains is to give his power a name, a name that comes from the four of you. "Magical Prismatic Transcendance."
>The magic that pours from your scepter is a color not entirely like any your eyes have ever beheld. A mixture of pinks, whites, reds, yellows and light greens, it is something more than each. It doesn't seem to take as much power as you'd thought. This is a special kind of energy. It is more than the purifying light of your Violet Lotus. This feels more like... redemption. Redemption for a tortured soul.
>But like Reisen said, there is a danger. When your magic touches Breakdown, you have a sense that in order to redeem him, you may very well expose yourself even more fully to his damaged and diseased mind. You have faith in the strength of your own mind- the fact that you survived your experience with the Tar a few days ago is proof of that- but the risk must be considered.

« Reply #849 on: August 31, 2016, 01:03:35 AM »
>We have our friends and loved ones here beside us. Their strength and warmth bolsters us, shelters us, reminds us of who we are. With them at our side, we can endure anything.
>Let's do this

« Reply #850 on: August 31, 2016, 07:33:32 AM »
>We have our friends and loved ones here beside us. Their strength and warmth bolsters us, shelters us, reminds us of who we are. With them at our side, we can endure anything.
>Let's do this

>You and your three comrades wrap yourselves in the protective shell of your togetherness. Even the usually standoffish Kiku. That tiger's been the source of a great many surprises since you've gotten to know her. But then, what kind of friend can't surprise another every now and again.
>From the sensations you're receiving, you would gather Breakdown hasn't had much in the way of friendship during his life. You think this is mostly due to his rampant paranoia, and you wonder how he ever managed to fall in with someone like Motormaster. More accurately, why someone like Motormaster would want someone like Breakdown around. Perhaps as someone powerful that was easy to control? Seems likely. Surely Breakdown can find someone better than that to befriend this time around. He's be very hard pressed to do any worse.
>The rainbow that is your magic suffuses Breakdown's body completely, and though a seemingly unending torrent of fears and nightmares escape his tormented mind, they wash over your soul like dirty water, leaving no stain, only a sense of discomfort. The strength and security you share with your friends not only shields your minds from being tainted by the thoughts that had to have tormented Breakdown terribly for as long as he can remember, they keep you from witnessing the worst parts of them. You are glad of this not just because of the misery you are spared, but because you would not want to invade a man's nightmares. Some things should only be shared among trusted friends.

>The key to this mess, though, remains his Jewels, and his connection to that unholy abyss, and that is where your awareness of your magic's effect on Breakdown stops. You know that your power is affecting that connection, but all you can sense is your power falling away, down, down, down, passing through things unknown and unknowable to you. Things that, despite not being able to sense them now, you are sure contributed to the fracturing of Breakdown's mind, as well as many more minds like his, you have no doubt. You may never destroy that abyss, but this day, there will be at least one man who will be free of its corruption. You feel that black emptiness pulling, sucking, trying to consume your energy, your very souls as it does its work on Breakdown. But your will is strong, your conviction unwavering, your faith in your friends unshakable. You WILL save this man. Everyone deserves a chance to lead their own life, and you and your friends will be the one to give this man that chance.

>And then you feel a sharp lurch to the side through your magic. Your beam breaks off and Breakdown's body disappears beneath that scintillating rainbow of energy. All except the Grey pendant around his neck and the Yellow Jewel on his finger, which pulse once with power, then their energy shrinks, and then the two pulse again with great strength, sending out shockwaves of Grey and Yellow energy. The impact of that wave, at this distance, is enough to knock all four of you off your feet and send you sprawling backwards.

« Reply #851 on: August 31, 2016, 07:38:20 AM »
>Let's collect ourselves, pull ourselves to our feet, and see what we have wrought

« Reply #852 on: August 31, 2016, 10:00:33 PM »
>Let's collect ourselves, pull ourselves to our feet, and see what we have wrought

>You give your head a quick shake as the light starts to fade from Breakdown's body. What you see makes you stare in disbelief. He's... different, all right. In fact, he isn't 'he' anymore. The body lying face down on the floor of the crypt, while still on the thin side, is now quite feminine. In fact, a closer look at his, uh, her, upper body offers proof of her now female body. She's also more clothed somehow, as your magic seems to have generated a simple but still rather nice combinating of a white and blue blouse and black trousers held up with a dark blue belt for the thin woman with the still-wirey but now longer dark blue hair.
>"Bloody hell..." a stunned Rin mutters as she, too, realizes what has happened to Breakdown.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:57:55 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #853 on: August 31, 2016, 10:36:49 PM »
>"Oh dear...."
>How could this have happened? Do we have any idea?

« Reply #854 on: August 31, 2016, 11:09:01 PM »
>"Oh dear...."
>How could this have happened? Do we have any idea?

>Even Kiku seems startled. "That was not my intention."
>"She's pretty, though." Lily says, still smiling.
>You WERE inducing an extremely radical change in someone. Perhaps this is simply a side effect?
>And you may be able to ask her about it soon. She's coming around again.

« Reply #855 on: August 31, 2016, 11:13:53 PM »
>Clearly this is Lily's fault somehow
>Well, let's see how this goes....

« Reply #856 on: August 31, 2016, 11:47:06 PM »
>Clearly this is Lily's fault somehow
>Well, let's see how this goes....

>At least it isn't Lancer's this time.
>The blue-haired woman known as Breakdown groans softly as she gets her hands under her. "Easy there." Lily cautions as she darts over to Breakdown's side. "You've had a whale of a day."
>Lily, be cautious. Kiku warns her.
>Why? She's not evil anymore. Lily replies lightly as she helps Breakdown to her feet. "How do you feel?"
>The biker seems to sway on her feet for a moment. "What have you done to me?" she asks in a thin, shaky voice.

« Reply #857 on: September 01, 2016, 12:00:41 AM »
>"We, um... we tried to heal your connection to the abyss - your fear and nightmares. This exact result was not... entirely anticipated."

« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2016, 12:12:49 AM »
>"We, um... we tried to heal your connection to the abyss - your fear and nightmares. This exact result was not... entirely anticipated."

>The blue-haired woman presses her hand gently to the side of her head. She wears the expression of a woman who's lost something. "It's quiet..."

« Reply #859 on: September 01, 2016, 12:14:23 AM »
>Give her a few minutes. No need to overwhelm her with explanations when she's trying to come to grips with the sensation.

« Reply #860 on: September 01, 2016, 12:34:07 AM »
>Give her a few minutes. No need to overwhelm her with explanations when she's trying to come to grips with the sensation.

>You're pretty sure you know what she means, but Lily doesn't seem to get it. "Well, we ARE in a tomb."
>The biker looks around the room slowly, then something halfway between a sob and laugh escapes her lips. "I can't hear them.... It's finally stopped..." A slow smiles starts to spread across her face, but it drops away suddenly when her eyes land on one of her fellow bikers, a woman with thick hair and a lion's tail and ears. "The others, you didn't..." Her head snaps around to look at Lily, and the blonde flinches back at the intense look Breakdown aims at her. "You have to hurry, they'll kill you if they wake up. You have to change them too, before Motormaster comes back. I can help, but we have to hurry."

« Reply #861 on: September 01, 2016, 12:49:25 AM »
>"I won't object to the sentiment, but I feel I should point out that you don't need to worry about Motormaster anymore. We've excised the dark power that dwelled within them."

« Reply #862 on: September 01, 2016, 02:38:09 AM »
>"I won't object to the sentiment, but I feel I should point out that you don't need to worry about Motormaster anymore. We've excised the dark power that dwelled within them."

>"You what?" Breakdown shakes her head. "That's impossible, he wears the Black."
>"No he didn't." Lily disagrees. "He had a piece of evil stuck in his... Where was it this time, boss?"

« Reply #863 on: September 01, 2016, 02:41:17 AM »
>"Everywhere; it was suffused through his entire being. But Lily is correct - despite what Motormaster seemed to think, his power did not come from a jewel like any of yours. It was something different altogether."

« Reply #864 on: September 01, 2016, 03:07:48 AM »
>"Everywhere; it was suffused through his entire being. But Lily is correct - despite what Motormaster seemed to think, his power did not come from a jewel like any of yours. It was something different altogether."

>"But... Like calls to Like. He wore the Black, we could sense it. That's why, well, that's one of the reasons I was afraid of him."
>"It's possible the corruption within him misled you." Chrysanthemum suggests.to her. "It may have been masking itself, passing itself off as a Black Jewel, to disguise its true nature. We've encountered that kind of evil before. It's very good at hiding itself."
>Breakdown only seems to pay half attention to what Kiku said to her. She mutters something in Francais, which you understand as, "I'm still afraid of him, but...." Then she shakes her head. "Then you.... Killed him?" she asks, her unbelieving tone masking a note of hope.

« Reply #865 on: September 01, 2016, 03:15:58 AM »
>"He's not dead, no. But the source of his power has been destroyed and we've locked him safely away for the time-being. This corruption that was within him can have a powerful effect on one's personality, so I want to ascertain what he's like with it removed - once he regains consciousness. I have no intention of allowing him to roam free while he's a threat to anyone - yourself included."

« Reply #866 on: September 01, 2016, 03:37:46 AM »
>"He's not dead, no. But the source of his power has been destroyed and we've locked him safely away for the time-being. This corruption that was within him can have a powerful effect on one's personality, so I want to ascertain what he's like with it removed - once he regains consciousness. I have no intention of allowing him to roam free while he's a threat to anyone - yourself included."

>Breakdown takes a moment to digest that bit of news, then smiles a slightly rueful smile. "No wonder you beat me so easily. If you could beat him and still be standing. But it can't have been that easy with him." she continues, serious again. "And it won't be with the others. I wore the darkest Jewel, but Drag Strip's more dangerous than me. She wears Red but she can control it more than I could control the Grey. I don't know if you want to change her like you did me or lock her away like you did Motormaster, but you'd better do it soon."
>"And you're okay with that?" White Rose asks her. "Changing them?"
>Breakdown smiles again. "If you do to them what you did to me, you'd be doing them the greatest favor of their lives." She sighs. "And more than they deserve. More than I deserved."

« Reply #867 on: September 01, 2016, 03:49:56 AM »
>"Everyone deserves the chance to lead a decent life. I don't feel like you had ever been given that chance. So yes, I want to offer that to them as well."
>Let's get to it, before the rest of them start waking up.

« Reply #868 on: September 01, 2016, 04:06:08 AM »
>"Everyone deserves the chance to lead a decent life. I don't feel like you had ever been given that chance. So yes, I want to offer that to them as well."
>Let's get to it, before the rest of them start waking up.

>"You might think differently, if you'd heard what we'd done. Especially Vice." She straightens up. "But like I said, I think I can help you. Save you some time at least. The bond I shared with the others is still intact. We formed a Coven. I'll explain that later, but if you can send your power into and through my Grey Jewel, you can affect the other five at once."
>"Your Jewel still functions?" Chrysanthemum asks her.
>"Yes. Both of them Not like they used to, but I think I can still do just about everything I could before. Why your power didn't break the Coven bind, I don't know, but we can use it now. Assuming what you did to my Jewels means your powers are compatible with mine."

« Reply #869 on: September 01, 2016, 04:28:41 AM »
>"If you think it will work, we can try it."
>Let's try it