Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71981 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #810 on: August 23, 2016, 02:46:53 AM »
>The Motormaster you knew may have been a hateful, violent person, but with the splinter cleansed from them, that may no longer be true. The change of heart that Satori experienced when we freed her from her corruption was profound, and hers was not nearly so... consuming as Motormaster's. That person who menaced the racing circuit may already be gone.

>Reisen takes a very long breath. The grip on her sword does not relax. "But I still hate him. I'm still... afraid of him."

« Reply #811 on: August 23, 2016, 02:58:54 AM »
>Let's put our arm around her gently, and assuming she does not protest, hold her in a protective embrace
>"It's okay; we're here for you, whatever happens. Hate can fade in its own time."

« Reply #812 on: August 23, 2016, 03:31:19 AM »
>Let's put our arm around her gently, and assuming she does not protest, hold her in a protective embrace
>"It's okay; we're here for you, whatever happens. Hate can fade in its own time."

>She does not protest. She doesn't seem able to take her eyes off Motormaster. But the tension in her shoulders does slack a little. Then she looks up and glances back over her shoulder, towards Rin. You suspect the women are having a private word.
>She has a point, Lotus. Kiku says to you. Satori was in a place to answer to those she's wronged. And this biker may have done worse. DO we just leave him here?

« Reply #813 on: August 23, 2016, 03:42:50 AM »
>I don't really like the idea of leaving him here unattended, no. But I'm not really certain what to do with him otherwise, yet. I'd like a chance to ascertain myself what manner of person he is now before handing him over to the police - if it's anything like it was with Satori, he may be confused, as well. Did you have any suggestions?

« Reply #814 on: August 23, 2016, 03:51:53 AM »
>I don't really like the idea of leaving him here unattended, no. But I'm not really certain what to do with him otherwise, yet. I'd like a chance to ascertain myself what manner of person he is now before handing him over to the police - if it's anything like it was with Satori, he may be confused, as well. Did you have any suggestions?

>Not one that you'd accept.

« Reply #815 on: August 23, 2016, 03:56:23 AM »
>I'll hear it out, anyway.

« Reply #816 on: August 23, 2016, 04:03:34 AM »
>I'll hear it out, anyway.

>In an sincere, even tone, Kiku replies, I would have let Reisen kill him.

« Reply #817 on: August 23, 2016, 04:10:30 AM »
>No, you're right - I won't accept that. Whatever crimes Motormaster may have committed, if that... vile being had so firm a hold over them as it felt like, then they too are a victim in all this. I won't pass judgement on them without seeing who they are while their mind is wholly their own.
>I appreciate your sincerity, just the same.

« Reply #818 on: August 23, 2016, 04:23:56 AM »
>No, you're right - I won't accept that. Whatever crimes Motormaster may have committed, if that... vile being had so firm a hold over them as it felt like, then they too are a victim in all this. I won't pass judgement on them without seeing who they are while their mind is wholly their own.
>I appreciate your sincerity, just the same.

>You did ask. Kiku adds wryly, We'll consider it further proof that you're a more forgiving person than I.
>Reisen takes a long breath, tilting her head up to look up at the snowy sky. "Motormaster may have made me miserable, but he's done worse to others. I could judge him now... But maybe that's not my place. Maybe they need to judge him first."

« Reply #819 on: August 23, 2016, 04:35:21 AM »
>Do we have any idea how the legal code views crimes committed under provable possession or mind control?
>"And in the interim?"

« Reply #820 on: August 23, 2016, 06:50:44 PM »
>Do we have any idea how the legal code views crimes committed under provable possession or mind control?
>"And in the interim?"

>That's one area of Yamato law you haven't read up on. Assuming it exists at all.
>"In the interim... Is up to you." she says, glancing back down at you. "You're my master."

« Reply #821 on: August 23, 2016, 08:21:17 PM »
>Do we think we have it in us to make another oubliette at the moment? Assuming this one only needs to be strong enough to hold a presumably-unpowered person for an afternoon or so? Would that make it much easier to form?
>For that matter, now that we have a moment to sit and think, can we piece together that idea for helping Breakdown?

« Reply #822 on: August 27, 2016, 12:56:15 AM »
>Do we think we have it in us to make another oubliette at the moment? Assuming this one only needs to be strong enough to hold a presumably-unpowered person for an afternoon or so? Would that make it much easier to form?

>Containing Motormaster in their non-powered form would be a far simpler thing than imprisoning and holding the Champions. You could probably manage it yourself, but the better option would be to ask at least one of your friends for assistance. You don't want to drain your tanks too much in one day, especially if one of the Champions decides to make itself obnoxious.

>For that matter, now that we have a moment to sit and think, can we piece together that idea for helping Breakdown?

>Seems like a long time now since you had to deal with Breakdown and that idea slipped away from you. And the presence of Motormaster still hangs over your head, too. You could always just leave him here. With his powers removed the police should be more than capable of handling him. Plus, even with Reisen seemingly mollified for the moment, you'd feel better for you, Reisen and Motormaster himself to get the rabbit away from him. Just in case Reisen's emotions get the better of her.
>But by the same token, you know you can't stay here forever, so if you're going to do something for Breakdown, and perhaps the other members of Motormaster's gang, it's going to have to be now, while you have the opportunity. Assuming anything CAN be done for them. That abyss of power you touched before is a thing you understand even less than you do Makai, but you do know that the connection Breakdown shares with it is something he was born with. That evil is a part of him in the same way his right arm is, despite the harm it may have done to him. That power could very well be a contributing factor to the psychological damage you witnessed in him, but even with all your power, you're not sure you can do anything about that. He was born in darkness, and that's not the sort of thing you can Violet Light away. You want to help him, very much, but to do that might require fundamentally altering his being, but simply shattering that Jewel, shattering his connection to the Abyss, is certain to cause a whole different set of problems. You would need to find an alternative, a way to let him keep that connection-

>Or maybe not. Maybe, just maybe, you could alter that connection, reroute Breakdown's supernatural ties to something that isn't inherently evil, as that abyss seems to be. That could give him a chance to live the rest of his life free of the influence of that abyss. And you think you even know what that might be: The light of sentient emotions. The same power that you and your friends tap into. Lily is fueled by her joy and cheer, Rin by her devotion, loyalty and now love, and Kiku, though driven at her core by fear, has learned how to use her fear positively, as a motivation. That emotion, that light, is a wondrous source of energy, perhaps as deep and profound at that Blackblood Abyss.
>But tying Breakdown into that Light won't be as simple as simply giving him one of your rings. It will require a unique Light of yours, and would be a significant investiture of energy on your part. Especially as his connection to the Abyss is so deep. And the process would be profound, beyond anything you've ever done before. It could change Breakdown and the others in other ways beyond altering their Jewels. All his life has been written by the abyss and his connection to it. In rewriting that connection, you could very well alter him physically and mentally along with it.
>Isn't that good, though? Breakdown has never had a chance to life his own life. Darkness has had a hold on him since he was born. Before he was born, even. You don't know that much about these Jewels; they might always be born with them, finding no relief in the wheel of reincarnation. He was not born innocent. Mayeb never born innocent. The life he's led, the life all Blackbloods lead, is one inherently tainted by that Abyss, that black hole of life, that source of depravity and evil. You would be giving them a chance to be free of that evil, to lead their own lives. If they chose to still do wrong, at least that would be their choice. They'd be free to make that choice, rather than drawn inevitably to it as they all are now.

>But you'll need the others help. At your full power you might be able to do this alone for one of them, perhaps some of them, but probably not all of them, not with Breakdown being as strong as he is. And you are not at your full strength.

« Reply #823 on: August 27, 2016, 02:58:34 AM »
>Do we think we even have enough power between all of us at this point to do this for them?

« Reply #824 on: August 27, 2016, 03:11:48 AM »
>Do we think we even have enough power between all of us at this point to do this for them?

>You believe so, yes. But it could depend on how powerful the other five bikers are, if you wish to try this on all of them.

« Reply #825 on: August 27, 2016, 03:36:33 AM »
>I think the best course of action for now may be to imprison Motormaster in a weaker, more temporary version of the oubliette we used to hold the Champion of Water - just long enough for us to ascertain their temperament and personality, now that the splinter is excised, and then decide the most appropriate way to deal with them.
>As for the other bikers....
>Let's relate our plan to the others

« Reply #826 on: August 27, 2016, 04:07:12 AM »
>I think the best course of action for now may be to imprison Motormaster in a weaker, more temporary version of the oubliette we used to hold the Champion of Water - just long enough for us to ascertain their temperament and personality, now that the splinter is excised, and then decide the most appropriate way to deal with them.

>How would this one look? Lily asks. Like, we made a park for Louise.

>As for the other bikers....
>Let's relate our plan to the others

>Impossible. Reisen says after you finish explaining. You can't do that with the Jewels.
>Healing a youma was impossible too. Rin replies. Until Byakuren did it lots.
>Reisen frowns. Maybe. But I still have my doubts. I mean... Are you sure you can pull this off? You could end up pouring all your energy into the abyss and getting nothing for it.

« Reply #827 on: August 27, 2016, 04:14:07 AM »
>I very much think it is possible. I know it may sound like reaching, but... I want to try. It seems like such a terrible fate to be born tethered to such a place, damned to never be able to rise above it. What kind of people might they have been, if they had only been born free of it?

>And I don't think we need to make anything as large as a whole park for Motormaster. I mean to check on them before too long; a comfortable room might even suffice.

« Reply #828 on: August 27, 2016, 04:38:15 AM »
>I very much think it is possible. I know it may sound like reaching, but... I want to try. It seems like such a terrible fate to be born tethered to such a place, damned to never be able to rise above it. What kind of people might they have been, if they had only been born free of it?

>And I don't think we need to make anything as large as a whole park for Motormaster. I mean to check on them before too long; a comfortable room might even suffice.

>I don't think I like this, Byakuren. Reisen says with a slight shake of her head. It's too great a risk. That abyssal energy might backlash on you. You could be risking your life.
>She may be right. Kiku agrees carefully. The Blood's magic is potent. You would be exposing yourself, and the rest of us, to great risk, for the sake of criminals.
>But that's what she does. Lily says with a smile. Byakuren fixes people. I'll give it a shot
>If you need me, you know I'll help. Rin says, though she doesn't sound entirely enthusiastic. If you're sure about this.

« Reply #829 on: August 27, 2016, 04:43:38 AM »
>Do we feel we could do this in a way that would at least allow us to break off quickly if things start to go wrong?
>If so, reassure them of this

« Reply #830 on: August 27, 2016, 05:05:22 AM »
>Do we feel we could do this in a way that would at least allow us to break off quickly if things start to go wrong?
>If so, reassure them of this

>You think you... MAY be able to. You're fairly confidant, but you'd be lying if you said you were 100% confidant of that. At least at this point.

« Reply #831 on: August 27, 2016, 05:13:39 AM »
>I think I can cut things short before anything goes wrong, if it does go wrong. But you're right that this is unexplored territory and I cannot fully promise the outcome, so I won't pressure anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with the idea. But I do want to try; we may not get so convenient an opportunity again.

« Reply #832 on: August 27, 2016, 08:01:32 PM »
>I think I can cut things short before anything goes wrong, if it does go wrong. But you're right that this is unexplored territory and I cannot fully promise the outcome, so I won't pressure anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with the idea. But I do want to try; we may not get so convenient an opportunity again.

>Rin and Lily exchange a quick look then nod in unison. We're in. Then Rin glances at Kiku. You?
>The tiger pauses. You haven't been sure which way she'd vote. She can be downright cold sometimes. But to your slight surprise, she nods once. I will help. If this works, we eliminate six Blackblood Jewels in one fell swoop. I won't object to a nonlethal way of doing that.
>I still say it would be better to break them and leave them to the authorities. says Reisen. And safer, too, for everyone. For all you know, Byakuren, they could turn out to be worse than they are now.

« Reply #833 on: August 27, 2016, 08:20:27 PM »
>I don't believe so. And saving people from darkness is what this power of ours is for - even if that darkness is one they were born in. I think everyone deserves the chance to lead a better life - even those who have done harm to others in the past. I am willing to take that risk if it can give them that chance.
>Besides, I think we'll be fine. I wouldn't suggest this if I felt the odds were against us - I value you all too much for that.

« Reply #834 on: August 27, 2016, 11:54:23 PM »
>I don't believe so. And saving people from darkness is what this power of ours is for - even if that darkness is one they were born in. I think everyone deserves the chance to lead a better life - even those who have done harm to others in the past. I am willing to take that risk if it can give them that chance.
>Besides, I think we'll be fine. I wouldn't suggest this if I felt the odds were against us - I value you all too much for that.

>So does that mean you were planning on trying this on him, too? Reisen asks, pointing her sword at Motormaster.

« Reply #835 on: August 28, 2016, 12:43:21 AM »
>But Motormaster isn't a jewel user, as far as we know, is he?
>If so: Despite what Motormaster himself seemed to believe, I don't think he's a Blackblood. The power he wielded felt very different than Breakdown's to me, and seemed to stem from the corruption we have already excised.

« Reply #836 on: August 28, 2016, 01:07:56 AM »
>But Motormaster isn't a jewel user, as far as we know, is he?
>If so: Despite what Motormaster himself seemed to believe, I don't think he's a Blackblood. The power he wielded felt very different than Breakdown's to me, and seemed to stem from the corruption we have already excised.

>Correct. He claimed to wear a Black Jewel, but either he was lying for some reason or he was delusional.
>Reisen grunts but still looks unconvinced. Kiku suggests, If you are uncertain about this course, Poppy, perhaps you should stay above ground and keep watch for us. To make sure we are not disturbed.
>That's probably not a bad idea. Reisen agrees. Unless... You think you'll need me? she asks you.

« Reply #837 on: August 28, 2016, 01:19:47 AM »
>Do we think we have enough power without her? Or at least enough to give it a try?
>If so: I think the four of us can manage, and I don't want to press you into something you're doubtful about. But first, I think we should confine Motormaster safely away from here.
>Let's combine our power with the others and make a quick and miniature oubliette to put Motormaster in. Just something stable enough to last perhaps a day, against no significant power. Making it look like a simple, yet modestly comfortable room, should be sufficient.

« Reply #838 on: August 28, 2016, 05:34:16 AM »
>Do we think we have enough power without her? Or at least enough to give it a try?
>If so: I think the four of us can manage, and I don't want to press you into something you're doubtful about. But first, I think we should confine Motormaster safely away from here.
>Let's combine our power with the others and make a quick and miniature oubliette to put Motormaster in. Just something stable enough to last perhaps a day, against no significant power. Making it look like a simple, yet modestly comfortable room, should be sufficient.

>You think so, but it depends on how strong the other five are. If they all wear powerful Jewels, you might need Reisen to purify them all. But it won't work with her if she's not convinced it will, you're sure of that. She'd have to want it to work as much as you and the others do.
>Agreed. replies Reisen, on board with that idea at least.
>Even though you don't need near as much power to hold Motormaster, you'll still need a keystone to access their cell later. Needing something personal, something related to the biker, you search his prone body for a moment and come up with the key to his motorcycle. Reisen assures you that that'll do the job. And with that in hand, the five of you share a bit of energy between yourselves and cast one last spell at the prone biker: "Magical Rainbow Oubliette." The shimmering sphere of magical light fades into being around Motormaster's body and removes the biker from the physical plane, shunting him into your pocket prison.
>"Never thought we'd be using that on a human." Kiku mutters once the spell fades.

« Reply #839 on: August 28, 2016, 05:49:40 AM »
>"It is convenient in situations like this."
>Now, let's take care of the others.
>Descend into the crypt!