Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 295956 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2013, 08:19:02 PM »
Spoiler:
So the characters new to LoT2 are:

Kogasa
Momiji
Byakuren
Kasen
Parsee
Satori
Hina
Nazrin
[/spoiler
No
Spoiler:
Hatate
....not surprised. But
Spoiler:
kasen without hatate
?!!? WHYYY GOD WHYYYY!!! *cries*.
I'm seriously thinking I'm the only person who likes
Spoiler:
Hatate
='(

« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »
Qaz, do you have the japanese list of spells for Maribel and Renko, I'll compare the spell names I have and use the one used in LoT1 if they are the same.

Right, I made a thing for that.

http://pastebin.com/fyvD1xtk

All of the existing translations from all of the LoT1 files.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2013, 09:08:20 PM »
Here's a few spells I'm looking for suggestions

髭切の呪縛腕 - Whisker Cutting Cursed Arm? (most likely a Kasen Spell Card)
魔人経巻・複写詠唱 - Replicated Chant of Majin Kyokan?
スカンダの脚 - Legs of Sukanda?

Also, it seems there's no spells for Merry or Renko in the text dump, as well as no recruitement events (as in, no line with が仲間になった! (joined the party!) with their names in it, so either it's not a game event, or the patch doesn't contain everything)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #393 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13:54 PM »
Here's a few spells I'm looking for suggestions

髭切の呪縛腕 - Whisker Cutting Cursed Arm? (most likely a Kasen Spell Card)
魔人経巻・複写詠唱 - Replicated Chant of Majin Kyokan?

Also, it seems there's no spells for Merry or Renko in the text dump, as well as no recruitement events (as in, no line with が仲間になった! (joined the party!) with their names in it, so either it's not a game event, or the patch doesn't contain everything)

The patch file contains everything. A more likely answer is that they aren't playable. They weren't in LoT1 before the expansion, as well.

(also for consistency with LoT1 call her "Maribel Han", and "Mari" for short. I am not getting into a thing with her clusterfuck of a name, so unless ZUN declares at AWA what her godawful name is supposed to be, just leave it the same as it was in LoT1)

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #394 on: August 13, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
I'll check in just a few in the official release and the cheat file with all characters unlocked if they are playable. That's kinda surprising they would not be, since they are in the game itself right now

Edit: Ok, all characters now have a portrait, except for Maribel, you can access Mari and Renko status, but trying to go to their skills crash the game. Maybe they'll be there in a further update. Flandre skills will crash the game as well.
There's also a new image for the Great Tree option menu, looks pretty neat
And ahmagawd sound effects
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:43:12 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #395 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »
Legs of Skanda is one of Byakuren's skillcards in Hopeless Masquerade. I checked, and it has the exact same spelling as here.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #396 on: August 13, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »
Legs of Skanda is one of Byakuren's skillcards in Hopeless Masquerade.
Ahh thank you, I was checking up her spell cards on the wiki, but it's not updated on her character's page yet with the new HM stuff

Edit: And like I thought, Kasen joins you after getting 12 game overs (achievement 8 )

Edit2: A few things I found, Master Spark is finally working as intented, so multi-target and consumes all MP. I'll have to go change a few spells since they decided to once again change some names. Chibi Youmu is adorable. It seems to be missing some SE for spells and attacks, as well as some animations, so even though it's the official release, it doesn't feel entirely completed (go back to what I was saying about characters not working on my earlier post)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:23:32 PM by kuilfrayt »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #397 on: August 13, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »
You guys are acting like the 1.00 patch works on the trial.. does it or something? Or did you already get your physical copy in?

« Reply #398 on: August 13, 2013, 11:07:31 PM »
You guys are acting like the 1.00 patch works on the trial.. does it or something? Or did you already get your physical copy in?

They could be datamining the 1.10 patch released on 3peso's site, which contains the full executable.  Of course, the game isn't playable with that alone, so they'd have to have gotten a physical copy already if they're actually in-game with it.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #399 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »
Got my copy. Save files from the demo can be transferred. Spells now have sound effects but some still don't have animations.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #400 on: August 13, 2013, 11:34:29 PM »
髭切の呪縛腕 - Higekiri is apparently some ancient samurai blade. I don't know if Kasen's arms are supposed to be able to cut beards or something like that, so this might be it? Then again I know next to nothing about Kasen, so someone can correct me on this matter.
魔人経巻・複写詠唱 - 魔人経巻 is Byakuren's scroll, which touhou wiki translates as Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll. Since this spell care apparently copies Byakuren's parameter buff/debuffs onto an ally, 複写詠唱 should be "Incantation of Replication". So the proper name for this would be "Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll - Incantation of Replication". I think "Sutra Scroll - Incantation (or Spell, if pressed for space.) of Replication" is fine.
結界の魔術師見習い? -  "Magician of Boundary in training?" or something alike.
星詠みの学徒 -  "Apprentice of Stargazing". 星詠み is apparently an astrology term.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #401 on: August 13, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »
Got my copy.

EEEEEKK!!!

I was planning on waiting for english patch but truth be told the more I thought about that, the more pointless that was since these games are technical enough that it's very hard to fully grasp your tactics and stuff on a first playthru anyway....especially since spell formulas are unknown.

Speaking of spell formulas, does the full thing come with a database thing special disk did?

« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2013, 11:46:11 PM »
What floor is Mokou on? The wiki says 4F but I can't find her event.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2013, 11:55:57 PM »
EEEEEKK!!!

I was planning on waiting for english patch but truth be told the more I thought about that, the more pointless that was since these games are technical enough that it's very hard to fully grasp your tactics and stuff on a first playthru anyway....especially since spell formulas are unknown.

Speaking of spell formulas, does the full thing come with a database thing special disk did?

I didn't see anything so no.

Also

Spoiler:
I haven't gone past Tenshi yet cause I want to come close to beating her for all her items. I got defeated by her and returned to Gensokyo. Got Kasen

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #404 on: August 14, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »
kuil, can you send some of the new images to me ? (and translation too, if possible)

Sahgren

« Reply #405 on: August 14, 2013, 12:51:44 AM »
Got my copy. Save files from the demo can be transferred. Spells now have sound effects but some still don't have animations.

Really? No reason for me to not play the demo whilst waiting then.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2013, 12:53:55 AM »
Question for those who are playing the complete game, if they have it...

Does Rin's Extra Action still have the power to proc on itself? Because, if it still does, then I can see her being used for a lot of teams for this very reason, almost to the point that she could be considered a Disk One Nuke, which is actually quite funny when you remember who she's friends with...

Hell, if you give her a EVA Boost tome, then she could probably serve as a blink tank, which would serve her well if she's used as a dedicated switcher...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »
I don't know how to extract it but
Here img1 and img2 from the release, if you can extract them
I've only seen the menu option for when you select the Great Tree that is different from the trial, but nothing else other than that. If you find anything new, just post them and I'll translate

http://www.mediafire.com/?kqnb0hfj0e775dj
http://www.mediafire.com/?1tztkx6s1261mvp

Does Rin's Extra Action still have the power to proc on itself?
I'll check when I get to her again, but I don't see why it wouldn't still proc on itself, the skill description didn't say otherwise.

There is now a rock blocking the way once you get to 5F, from what I can tell, you need to have recruited Minoriko to go through
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:05:59 AM by kuilfrayt »

« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2013, 01:09:42 AM »
Does Rin's Extra Action still have the power to proc on itself? Because, if it still does, then I can see her being used for a lot of teams for this very reason, almost to the point that she could be considered a Disk One Nuke, which is actually quite funny when you remember who she's friends with...

Yes, she's very good, though the odds of proc'ing the Skill aren't reliable (I believe 32% at SLvl2). I think the power of that Skill is quite crazy, but it's for somewhat subtle reason -- while getting extra actions off, she doesn't suffer from buff deterioration, so if you charge her up with someone like Keine (or Ran later on, if she's the same as in LoT1), she can get off a crazy string of boosted spells in a row.

It's also insane that two of her Spells can DBF, so you can string off a progressively stronger attacks all while softening up your enemies for the rest of your team.

What's more is that she has a Skill that buffs up her stats for killing enemies, so if she's getting a nutty combo off on floor trash (or bosses that summon or come with minions, etc), she can buff herself all-around while getting off.

Finally, it's worth noting that she can duplicate ALL actions, not just her Spells. This includes Attack and even Focus, so if you get lucky, you can restore your entire MP bar in one action.

In conclusion, she's a high variance character with very good tools and utility, and seemingly above-average formulas. The Skill in question seems to be extraordinarily fun, which is why she's a part of my main team at the moment, and she's certainly living up to the expectation.

The Krve

« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2013, 01:25:37 AM »
By different you mean this right ?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2013, 01:38:11 AM »
Hum nvm, it's only the background image that changed, but the image with the text is a separate one, so there won't be anything to change

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2013, 01:40:57 AM »
Bleh feel kinda dumb for not noticing it earlier.

Edit: And like I thought, Kasen joins you after getting 12 game overs (achievement 8 )

I never got Achievement 8 and she's in my party.

The Krve

« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2013, 01:51:25 AM »
I've had high hopes for you man

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #413 on: August 14, 2013, 01:55:48 AM »
I never got Achievement 8 and she's in my party.

It's a bug. It gave me the achievement when I recruited her, but the achievement doesn't show as completed

« Reply #414 on: August 14, 2013, 01:56:51 AM »
Question for those who are playing the complete game, if they have it...

Hell, if you give her a EVA Boost tome, then she could probably serve as a blink tank, which would serve her well if she's used as a dedicated switcher...

It does. I've had her concentrate proc 2 times because of that skill and I've seen Blazing Wheel proc 3 times in a row.

« Reply #415 on: August 14, 2013, 02:18:47 AM »
Rin seems potentially really good now, between her composite spells being upgraded and Extra Attack and the possibility to give herself some easy buffs from that one Warrior specialization by spamming Cat Walk.  Accelerated Rank Switch is nice too.

I've had high hopes for you man
I hope there's an expansion and he uses the powers of infinite possibility to join as a separate character from the newly girly Rinnosuke.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #416 on: August 14, 2013, 03:23:00 AM »
I hope there's an expansion and he uses the powers of infinite possibility to join as a separate character from the newly girly Rinnosuke.
NO! Let's hope he gets his old gimmick back.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #417 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:38 AM »
Anyone have the .dxa file extraction tools? I want to see what I can do about the translation, if anything.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #418 on: August 14, 2013, 04:03:20 AM »
Holy mother of f*** that new Tenshi O.o

Dang

Edit: On floor 7, you need to have recruited Satori to get pass the rock

Even moar edit: The second rock on floor 7, southwest, requires that you have 24 different achievements, if I'm reading this right.
There is some events with Alice's Doll which either requires no BP on any characters to trigger, or BP on Marisa (the event involved Satori and Hina from what I've seen, but I haven't used them at all so)
There is the 4th Chen and Ran event as well (which requires a certain amount of BP on Chen)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:20:44 AM by kuilfrayt »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #419 on: August 14, 2013, 04:15:01 AM »
And I thought the first one looked like the Overly Attached Girlfriend. Now she looks like Yuno Gasai after forgetting to take her meds for the past month or so.
Seriously, I'm laughing my ass off after the initial shock.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.