Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 295957 times)

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #360 on: August 11, 2013, 09:46:55 PM »
Oh. Then, it's released.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »
Not yet, they mentionned on the website that they wanted to release the patch before day 3 of Comiket to fix any bugs they found and unfinished parts, so still waiting on the game.
But there is img2.dxa so there's gonna be new stuff to translate in images most likely
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #362 on: August 11, 2013, 10:36:33 PM »
There is absolutely new stuff to translate, since there's 16 floors that weren't in the latest demo.

The game is not yet released. It is not on melonbooks or dlsite. C84 day 3 begins in 2.5 hours. Maybe that's when they'll appear digitally. Or maybe tomorrow at 11 am EST. When I'm at work.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2013, 12:38:28 AM »
There is absolutely new stuff to translate, since there's 16 floors that weren't in the latest demo.

The game is not yet released. It is not on melonbooks or dlsite. C84 day 3 begins in 2.5 hours. Maybe that's when they'll appear digitally. Or maybe tomorrow at 11 am EST. When I'm at work.

16 more? guess that answers my question of hao many floors this one is gonna be.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »
16 more? guess that answers my question of hao many floors this one is gonna be.
Maybe 20 like the last LoT, this is just my guess based off the last LoT's floors before the other 2 discs.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2013, 02:40:29 AM »
No, it's supposed to have like 22 floors or something. I think. I don't remember.
Also, I've never said anything about it before, but man, this game lags so much on my computer. Holy crap. I don think that'll be fixed in the final version either. It's kind of a shame but oh well?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2013, 03:03:27 AM »
Have you tried setting 画面効果 to OFF in the options menu?
Signature

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2013, 03:10:59 AM »
I've had that setting off forever. It's not that.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »
As soon as you can, forward me another text dump as well, cause i find it really useful. Since I'm buying a physical copy of the game and not downloading it, I won't have it for a while, so work on it without that would be hard to start eh

I would also like to pitch in my help as well, so please forward me a text dump too please.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »
Gensokyo's images done.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ygg9rbf84pg8ah9/img1.dxa
Despite my sloppiness, some, if not all of them came out better than expected.
Except Keine's School  :colonveeplusalpha:

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2013, 02:35:20 PM »
I was curious, what sort of program do you use to open and modify .dxa files?

And while comic sans is the font of pure and unfiltered fun, the new one looks damn much better now.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:39:00 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »
I got it from qaz. You can ask him about it.

« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
Also I wouldn't expect a quick English patch. It's going to be a really big game. This is going to take a while to finish, potentially nasty hacking to be done, and tons of time of playtesting. Which people can volunteer for when the time comes and not right now, although I do insist that beta patches be kept private and not given to everyone freely. I had enough trouble with that crap with LoT1.

Is this thread the place to watch for when you need beta testers?  I've got a lot of free-time, an LoT obsession and am technically savvy.

Also related, I've never purchased a game from Japan again, what's a good place to order a copy of LoT2 from?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2013, 10:01:56 PM »
I found the game on melonbooks now if someone is still looking for it there.
http://shop.melonbooks.co.jp/shop/detail/213001013702

But yeah, seems you should order from dlsite or melonbooks, I don't know how to do either yet meself yet, never made an account. There's prob some youtube videos or something on how to do that though. I'll check myself once I get the required casheses.

« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »
I found the game on melonbooks now if someone is still looking for it there.
http://shop.melonbooks.co.jp/shop/detail/213001013702

But yeah, seems you should order from dlsite or melonbooks, I don't know how to do either yet meself yet, never made an account. There's prob some youtube videos or something on how to do that though. I'll check myself once I get the required casheses.

melonbooks.co.jp is the store for physical items. That's for buying an actual CD.

I'm looking for it on melonbooks.com, which is a digital store. And it's not listed yet.

it's on dlsite as an annoucement still and is not for sale.

« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2013, 10:38:54 PM »
Does Melonbooks ship to NA?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2013, 10:46:01 PM »
melonbooks.co.jp is the store for physical items. That's for buying an actual CD.

I'm looking for it on melonbooks.com, which is a digital store. And it's not listed yet.

it's on dlsite as an annoucement still and is not for sale.

oh curses, I didn't know that, thanks

« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2013, 11:09:42 PM »
Does Melonbooks ship to NA?
No. If you want a physical copy, you need to find a deputy. You can ask NForza in his thread Here. He's swamped with orders right now, but I think he's still taking orders from physical shops. It'd probably take a while, though.

If you don't care if you get a physical copy or not, I'd recommend just waiting for the digital version. It'll be a lot cheaper and probably quicker as well.

« Reply #378 on: August 13, 2013, 01:19:03 AM »
No. If you want a physical copy, you need to find a deputy. You can ask NForza in his thread Here. He's swamped with orders right now, but I think he's still taking orders from physical shops. It'd probably take a while, though.

If you don't care if you get a physical copy or not, I'd recommend just waiting for the digital version. It'll be a lot cheaper and probably quicker as well.

I definitely want a physical copy, that's the whole point :) Thanks for the help.

« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2013, 02:11:01 PM »
:getdown: aaaaaaaaaaa when's the digital release

« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
I suddenly remembered the very simple fact that 3peso has absolutely no idea how to do proper patches, meaning that the 1.10 patch contains the full executable.

So yeah. I don't have the game, but here's the complete string dump. It's unfiltered, so there's tons of useless crap, and it's probably really unorganized.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7q4vk63oai1ym1u

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »
It doesn't look too bad, the useless stuff is pretty much kept together, and it looks all sorted in hex order, other than for some random numbers that don't make no sense for me, but it seems that all texts are together where they should be. What I'll do is put my translation directly on it on an excel file so it'll be easier to find stuff

Btw, anyone would have better translation for
結界の魔術師見習い? - The Magician who can See Through Barriers?
and
星詠みの学徒 - Star-Reading Student
It's Maribel and Renko's "classes"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:23:07 PM by kuilfrayt »

« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
I have no idea how you unlock her.  This was from hex editing the save file.

You can't spoiler images, so here's the plain link.

http://i.imgur.com/gcarMU7.jpg

Edit: Oh wow, this goes on for a while.  Welp, here's a bunch of datamined characters and their slots.  They look like they mostly have all their abilities too?

THIS IS VERY LIKELY THE FULL CAST; BE WARNED OF SPOILERS

Starting from slot 27...

Spoiler:
27. China
28. Alice
29. Patchy
30. Eirin
31. Reisen
32. Sanae
33. Iku
34. Suika
35. Ran
36. Remilia
37. Sakuya
38. Kanako
39. Suwako
40. Tenshi
41. Flandre
42. Yuyuko
43. Yuuka
44. Yukari
45. Byakuren
46. Shikieiki
47. Renko
48. Maribel

This confirms my suspicions that every character from LoT1 is making a return.

So the characters new to LoT2 are:

Kogasa
Momiji
Byakuren
Kasen
Parsee
Satori
Hina
Nazrin

I can confirm that the file you provided in this post is indeed all the characters in the game as of v1.100. Sadly
Spoiler:
Maribel, Renko, or Flan
either aren't working with the current file or just not working period. Looking at
Spoiler:
Flan's
skills will crash the game and
Spoiler:
Renko's
don't even show up but don't crash the game. However, all the other characters have their skills displayable, but i haven't tested them out in combat yet to see if they'll work well or not.  Here is an image showing off some of the characters

Also achievement posted: http://imgur.com/dD5NL50

« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
It doesn't look too bad, the useless stuff is pretty much kept together, and it looks all sorted in hex order, other than for some random numbers that don't make no sense for me, but it seems that all texts are together where they should be. What I'll do is put my translation directly on it on an excel file so it'll be easier to find stuff

and

If you're planning on translating stuff to actually be inserted into the game, you'll need to keep it in a strict format so my tools can handle it. The best solution would be to just replace the text, leaving the numbers the same. Alternatively, if you do want to keep the original translation, you can do "<Japanese text> <hard return> <English text> <hard return> <hard return> ", i.e:

Japanese text
English text

Japanese text
English text

Japanese text
English text

etc. CSVs aren't a good idea in general, since the translation itself will assuredly contain commas, quotation marks, etc. I recall the Strawberry Bose people having enough trouble with that.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2013, 05:17:57 PM »
So, kinda like that?
http://www.mediafire.com/?chpsdon1h444sh0

The first one is just replacing the japanese text
The second one is the japanese text, and then insert another line with the english text
The third one is using and excel "hard return" alt-enter to make them fit in one line/cell

I can also just go to notepad instead, I was using excel at first because it allowed me to order the first text dump you posted

« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
uh, should've clarified.

Text file.

I honestly don't know how to deal with excel. The second option I described should look like this: http://pastebin.com/Da6RxurF

« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2013, 06:01:40 PM »

and
詠み doesn't mean read, it means to compose or to chant (specifically regarding poetry I think), not sure which would make more sense in context.

Maribel's is probably "The Apprentice Barrier Magician"

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »
Alright I'll put it on text file

As for the translation, 詠み does means chanting, but I've gone for now with reading because the classes are character's titles and are most of the time related to their powers or role in the Gensokyo's universe. Since Renko is able to tell the time and her location by looking at the moon and stars, I went with that translation, since the other one didn't make much sense. (Star-Chanting Student sounds weird)

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »
Anyone have a final Chara folder? Please post it here, if you will. Thanks a lot.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »
Qaz, do you have the japanese list of spells for Maribel and Renko, I'll compare the spell names I have and use the one used in LoT1 if they are the same.