Author Topic: Visiting the Neighbors - Kanako in the Netherworld  (Read 97378 times)

Re: Visiting the Neighbors - Kanako in the Netherworld
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2013, 09:59:40 AM »
>"I had no experience with dragons up to fifteen minutes ago. So... no."
>"I'm not even sure if the elements in my realm are the same as here - fire, water, earth, metal, wood, sun and moon are the ones I know, and even then few people actually make use of them."
>To Alexandros: "I had to learn it once I got properly acquainted with Gensokyo, and I believe most beings with a semblance of magic are capable of it. I'm not sure if the same is true here, of course."
>How did we pick up danmaku and how hard was it to get to our current level?

>Cass nods. "Attack magic in this world is mostly divided into four schools: Fire, Ice, Wind and Star. Star is a neutral element: no one's weak to it, but no one resists it, either."
>"At least, that's the magic native to this world." she adds after a moment. "The holy magics we employ seem to have been unaffected by coming here."
>The male paladin nods. "If indeed thou dost join with Exalted Chromium to bring peace and stability to this poor world that hast known naught but chaos and strife for years untold, mayhap thou wouldst consent to teaching some number of we that follow him this power? I must confess, I myself find this idea most intriguing, and my own skills in the arts of sacred magecraft are not inconsiderable."

>You were informed of the existence of danmaku from one of the tengu envoys who came to the shrine to investigate your arrival. Suwako fell in love with the concept right off the bat, likening it to a festival, full of fireworks, but the kind you have to dodge. You yourself saw the logistical applications of the power; a method of resolving conflicts without undue harm coming to either party.
>As to the level of power you currently have, you rose to it rather quickly, actually. Danmaku isn't all that hard to pick up, once you get down to it, and you possess both a very quick mind and a tremendous work ethic. You rose to the level of danmaku you currently possess in a matter of days. Although you have to admit, had you known that the red-white miko of the Hakurei shrine, and the black-white mage of Gensokyo, were as skilled and as strong as they were, you might have worked a bit harder. You've no real complaints about losing to them, not the way that things have worked out since. But you are a very proud Goddess, and losing stings, no matter how you slice it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:16:59 PM by Sourfang, Seeker of Winter »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »
>"If we can find the time for it, certainly. It's not too hard to pick up."
>Fire, Ice, Wind and Star... Can we see the elements of our techniques?

« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2013, 12:15:55 AM »
>Fire, Ice, Wind and Star... Can we see the elements of our techniques?

>The three Wind spells are, obviously, wind type. The physical skills you now possess seem to be type-less, including your Expanded Onbashira and Meteroic Onbashira techniques.
>Kuzui Clear Water and Heaven's Dragon, your healing techniques, also appear to be typeless, while Yamato Torus and Virtue of Wind God are also wind type.

>"If we can find the time for it, certainly. It's not too hard to pick up."

>"I eagerly anticipate-" the young man begins, but a raking cough interrupts her flowery speech before it can ramp up.
>"Try to save your breath, Lex." Cassiopea advises her fellow paladin. "About dragons, wind goddess, at least the ones from Drakyl. Each of them is attuned to a certain power, and they themselves are immune to that power. Black Wyrms, for instance, are attuned with darkness and flame, and thus, attacks of that nature are useless against them. It would be like someone trying to harm you with a tornado. The fact that you were even able to turn Pyremaw's attacks back at him is a testament of your power, but it won't do any damage to their kind."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »
>"It certainly works wonders for infuriating them though, if Pyremaw is any measure. An angered foe is a weakened foe after all, they make sloppy mistakes and such. Take it from a former War Goddess, I know all the 'tricks of the trade', as some would say. How to properly respond to a flanking maneuver with only archers, and such matters."
>"As for Danmaku, provided that talks go well, I would be happy to teach some of your number how to utilize it. I daresay that given your response to it, even Chromium himself might be interested in a few lessons."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2013, 12:54:01 AM »
>"It certainly works wonders for infuriating them though, if Pyremaw is any measure. An angered foe is a weakened foe after all, they make sloppy mistakes and such. Take it from a former War Goddess, I know all the 'tricks of the trade', as some would say. How to properly respond to a flanking maneuver with only archers, and such matters."
>"As for Danmaku, provided that talks go well, I would be happy to teach some of your number how to utilize it. I daresay that given your response to it, even Chromium himself might be interested in a few lessons."

>"But an angered foe can also be a more dangerous one, as well. They're more prone to unleashing more dangerous and damaging attacks, rather than acting rationally and holding back some. A rabid animal is ultimately more harmful than merely an angry one."
>"And they're also all the more unreasonable when they're enraged." Cass continues. She shrugs and adds, "Granted, more Wyrms aren't going to be the most reasonable anyway, but I mean in general."

>Alexandros nods, his cough subsiding. "Our patron dragon epitomizes control over power wielded by sentients, as any attack he chooses to employ, be it with his sacred fangs, his hallowed claws, his mighty tail, his substantial body mass, his radiant breath, or the vast sorcerous might he possesses, may be rendered non-lethal at his will, and though such damage MAY in fact reave the life from the living, such an unfortune-" The eloquent paladin once more breaks off, coughing and choking.
>Cassiopea, shaking her head with a soft sigh, steps in, "To get to the bottom of his thought there, Exalted Chromium can make any strike he launches non-lethal. But even though he has enormous power and wisdom, none of us have ever encountered danmaku before. I believe I can say he would welcome the chance to see such a thing himself."
>"And of course, we'd be willing to share our knowledge with you, as well." the woman says with a smile. "Exalted Chromium and his followers never take anything without offering something in return."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #365 on: February 11, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »
>"Interesting. Well, if he ever finds his way to Gensokyo, he'll need to learn about Danmaku and such. Fighting without it and Spellcards is generally frowned-upon you know, and there are quite a few who are...Shall we say, 'lively' in welcoming people. All in good fun though, and it's rather entertaining really, even the peaceful sorts tend to enjoy it a bit. it's akin to sparring really. The main draw is, as I stated earlier, the beautiful patterns. I shall demonstrate a few when the time comes. The best thing about it is that they come from the heart and mind. In fact, some of my more damaging techniques I employed are versions of my spellcards that adapted themselves to this world."
>"But enough discussion, time is of the essence after all. We can finish things afterwards. And should any others show up to cause trouble, then I shall handle them myself while the rest of you move onward. I trust you have no qualms with that?"
>Let's wrap this up so the Prinnies can do their thing.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #366 on: February 12, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »
>"Interesting. Well, if he ever finds his way to Gensokyo, he'll need to learn about Danmaku and such. Fighting without it and Spellcards is generally frowned-upon you know, and there are quite a few who are...Shall we say, 'lively' in welcoming people. All in good fun though, and it's rather entertaining really, even the peaceful sorts tend to enjoy it a bit. it's akin to sparring really. The main draw is, as I stated earlier, the beautiful patterns. I shall demonstrate a few when the time comes. The best thing about it is that they come from the heart and mind. In fact, some of my more damaging techniques I employed are versions of my spellcards that adapted themselves to this world."
>"But enough discussion, time is of the essence after all. We can finish things afterwards. And should any others show up to cause trouble, then I shall handle them myself while the rest of you move onward. I trust you have no qualms with that?"
>Let's wrap this up so the Prinnies can do their thing.

>Cass looks between the Prinnies and her debilitated comrade. "I think that would be a good idea. I doubt we'll have to worry about the Broodmother's people anymore, but there's a lot more powerful beings in the Netherworld beyond them. After the fight we just had, we'd welcome your support if we're attacked again."
>It is only after about fifteen seconds have passed when one of the saint dragons announces, "You may get your chance, divinity. We're being followed."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #367 on: February 12, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »
>"Oh? How many? And what are they? If they're wolves with bladed horns, then I believe I might know them already."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #368 on: February 12, 2013, 03:10:13 PM »
>"Oh? How many? And what are they? If they're wolves with bladed horns, then I believe I might know them already."

>The canine-like dragon nods. "It's actually just one of them. But you're right, it's a mystic beast."
>"The beings you described are called that." Cass supplies.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #369 on: February 12, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
>"I think I know why it's following us. It's because I was speaking with one when Pyremaw started causing trouble. I won't be long."
>Let's go see it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #370 on: February 12, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
>"I think I know why it's following us. It's because I was speaking with one when Pyremaw started causing trouble. I won't be long."
>Let's go see it.

>The saint dragon points its rear left paw behind it. "The mystic beast is approaching from the southwest." he supplies helpfully.
>Letting the paladins lead the prinnies to the north, you divert yourself to the southwest to see if it is indeed your helpful canine from before. And sure enough it is him, loping up over a hillock of thick snow and ice.
>"I had to see it for myself." he says as you float down to meet him. "The winds told me you were powerful, but I didn't think you'd best that dragon, and his minions, essentially single-handedly."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #371 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »
>"I'll admit, he was a bit of a challenge. I suppose Sanae would have called him the 'Tutorial Boss'. That girl's always playing those games of hers in her free time. The underlings though, I'll admit were no challenge whatsoever. They weren't much level-wise, so they couldn't hope to stand on the same playing field as I."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #372 on: February 12, 2013, 06:47:45 PM »
>"I'll admit, he was a bit of a challenge. I suppose Sanae would have called him the 'Tutorial Boss'. That girl's always playing those games of hers in her free time. The underlings though, I'll admit were no challenge whatsoever. They weren't much level-wise, so they couldn't hope to stand on the same playing field as I."

>"That seems to be how these dragons, these 'Wyrms' operate. They can't seem to summon minions too close to their own level. Apart from their leader, she's a different story, but that's true for all the Overlords."
>"Is she your next target?" he asks, his head tilting sideways ever so slightly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #373 on: February 12, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »
>"Possibly. I still need to gather more information though. I do have a potential lead on how to gather more however."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #374 on: February 12, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
>"Possibly. I still need to gather more information though. I do have a potential lead on how to gather more however."

>"I can tell you this much. When the other Wyrms hear about you, some of them, at least, will be coming for you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #375 on: February 12, 2013, 07:39:53 PM »
>"Theoretically, I should be even stronger by then though. Not to mention that I won't be alone."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #376 on: February 12, 2013, 07:56:36 PM »
>"Theoretically, I should be even stronger by then though. Not to mention that I won't be alone."

>The dog of the winds sits down. "You believe you can work with those ahead?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #377 on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
>"There's a possibility, given how interested they were in learning about Danmaku. Equivalent Exchange is an important principle after all, I teach them Danmaku, and they provide me with information."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #378 on: February 12, 2013, 08:20:58 PM »
>"There's a possibility, given how interested they were in learning about Danmaku. Equivalent Exchange is an important principle after all, I teach them Danmaku, and they provide me with information."

>The hound stands again, and says simply, "I will join you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #379 on: February 12, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
>"Very well then, I am Kanako Yasaka, Wind Goddess. Though I believe I already introduced myself. And you are?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #380 on: February 12, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »
>"Are you familiar with the followers of this... 'Exalted Chromium' yourself?"

« Reply #381 on: February 13, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
>"Very well then, I am Kanako Yasaka, Wind Goddess. Though I believe I already introduced myself. And you are?"

>"You may call me Dobenbak. But you'll need to name the others of my clan yourself, if you wish to."

>"Are you familiar with the followers of this... 'Exalted Chromium' yourself?"

>The canine nods. "Slightly. Chromium seeks the title of Overlord like many others. But his followers are neither hedonists, destroyers or defilers, as far as I know. I believe they have spent most of their time fighting the forces of the Broodmother, Kollros and the Swamp King."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #382 on: February 13, 2013, 03:39:17 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "Am I to assume they'll be joining up as well?"
>This is an interesting little mess we've gotten into, isn't it? Well, we know Broodmother's lot are no good, though she herself might be a different case. The other two merit further investigation as well. For all we know, one of them might well be the sort of 'Evil Powers, Good Motive' brand of person. You get those every so often after all.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #383 on: February 13, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "Am I to assume they'll be joining up as well?"
>This is an interesting little mess we've gotten into, isn't it? Well, we know Broodmother's lot are no good, though she herself might be a different case. The other two merit further investigation as well. For all we know, one of them might well be the sort of 'Evil Powers, Good Motive' brand of person. You get those every so often after all.

>"Naturally. I am the alpha. They go where I go."
>Yukari did warn you that the Netherworld was caught up in what she described as a civil war. Only natural that such an event would draw a few colorful characters, both good and bad.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #384 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, how many are there? I think I know someone who can help with providing names."
>Perhaps she intends for us to resolve this matter. Interesting.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, how many are there? I think I know someone who can help with providing names."
>Perhaps she intends for us to resolve this matter. Interesting.

>"We number six at present, myself included."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »
>"Alright, that's a nice number. Do you need time to gather them?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
>"Alright, that's a nice number. Do you need time to gather them?"

>"Not long, depending on where we are going. My kind moves with the wind."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
>"I take it you know of the Prinnies and the Red Moon, yes? I decided to help some of Chromium's servants escort a group to a specific location, though I admittedly lack knowledge on the lay of the land. Shall we be off? We simply need to rejoin with them."
>Let's head back to the group with...Well, More Party Members!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #389 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
>"I take it you know of the Prinnies and the Red Moon, yes? I decided to help some of Chromium's servants escort a group to a specific location, though I admittedly lack knowledge on the lay of the land. Shall we be off? We simply need to rejoin with them."
>Let's head back to the group with...Well, More Party Members!

>Dobenbak the mystic beast (black dog) has joined you!
>2x Hell Hounds have joined you!
>3x Mystic Beasts have joined you!

>The golden hided hound tilts his head back and howls, a deep resonating note that rises up into the air and is caught by the winds. Some sort of message, you can tell, but the language is alien to you. Probably him communicating with his people. If these hounds are children of the winds, it would be logical to assume they can communicate in such a manner.
>With you new allies updated (presumably), you return back the way you came, flying over the snow-covered fields back towards the finger of rock extending towards the Red Moon, Dobenbak following you on the ground. Despite the slipperiness of the ice and the uneven layout of the terrain, the hound has no trouble at all matching your aerial pace.

>Along the way, the hound glances up at you and says "The winds that told of your fight with the dragon were chaotic, so I am not sure if I heard this correctly. You said that you were unfamiliar with the concept of magichange?"