Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Rumia Quest V Cont: Everything comes together  (Read 33244 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Rumia Quest V Cont: Everything comes together
« Reply #510 on: December 04, 2012, 09:03:11 PM »
>Sigh. "Pretty sure Yukari survived that mess, but she's probably in a bad way after that. Any of you guys know where she usually hides out to heal up? I think we're gonna need to drag her off to Eientei."
>"Also, Makai's heart is pops, Shinki's mom. It's like some marriage gone wrong." Laugh in a somewhat dazed and unhinged way.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:04:44 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #511 on: December 04, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »
>We really need to find a way to keep our crazy half out cold.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #512 on: December 04, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »
>Sigh. "Pretty sure Yukari survived that mess, but she's probably in a bad way after that. Any of you guys know where she usually hides out to heal up? I think we're gonna need to drag her off to Eientei."
>"Also, Makai's heart is pops, Shinki's mom. It's like some marriage gone wrong." Laugh in a somewhat dazed and unhinged way.

> "So... what you're saying is Makai is like some badly written love story?" Remilia says blankly.

> "Yukari lives on the very edge of Gensokyo, but her exact location of her home changes, moving from one end to the other randomly.

>We really need to find a way to keep our crazy half out cold.

> Being in Gensokyo seems to help that. You don't think it's possible to keep your real self out cold. She lives in the Inner World, which is pretty much nothing but darkness. She'd just heal.

> Almost as if on demand to wanting to see Yukari, a gap opens below you, and pulls you all in.

> Inside the gap, however, things are different. The eyes are either half-open or outright closed. The purple background is darker, closer to black.

> You land, pretty roughly, outside Eientei, where Eirin is waiting outside.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #513 on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
>"Whoa. that was quick. Shoulda figured she'd come straight here though."
>Let's get up, dust ourselves off, and help the others up and dust themselves off too before heading over to Eirin.
>"So...How's she doing doc?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #514 on: December 04, 2012, 09:16:51 PM »
>"Whoa. that was quick. Shoulda figured she'd come straight here though."
>Let's get up, dust ourselves off, and help the others up and dust themselves off too before heading over to Eirin.
>"So...How's she doing doc?"

> Eirin looks solemn.

> "Not good." she says after a few moments. "It shows. She only wanted to bring you, Rumia, and Hijiri, yet she dragged even Tenma, who has a village to look after, Yuuka, who really should not be here, and Rika... who also shouldn't be here. Her control over her gaps has deteriorated to that extent..."

> Rika has instantly taken to rabbit hunting. Yuuka is joining in terrorizing the rabbits.

> "What about me?" Remilia pouts.

> "You're neither a danger, inconvenience, nor wanted here in particular. Nor do you have a village to run." Eirin says. "Now then, shall I take you to the patient's room?"

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #515 on: December 04, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
>Nod. "Yeah. If there's a way I can help, I'll try it. S'the least I can do for her getting hurt on my account."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #516 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »
>Nod. "Yeah. If there's a way I can help, I'll try it. S'the least I can do for her getting hurt on my account."

> Eirin takes you through Eientei. The upon reaching the room, you first see the still-unconscious Yumemi.

> Then you see Ran at a bed, Chen by her side. As you move around the two Shikigami, Hijiri sees her first, and falls to her knees, covering her mouth, then you see Yukari.

> One look tells you all you need to know. Yukari has large wounds all over, and her right arm is no longer there.

> "Heh... when the heart mentioned how long... you could hold out... she heard. Suddenly... her power spiked a hundredfold, as if hearing his father's voice drove her to greater power..." Yukari says. "But that's... not what I need to tell you. I need to tell you... my plan."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #517 on: December 04, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
>Wince at seeing her. "Plan..?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »
>Wince at seeing her. "Plan..?"

> "I always have one... even for my passing. A... human will soon come. A human from outside... brought not by me... but her own potential. You'll know her... when you see her. Protect her." Yukari says. "She's my descendant... after all."

> "You never mentioned having a family Yukari..." Ran says.

> "Did you think I... was alone before I had you Ran? I... never felt like you needed to know. My family... is my business." Yukari says, before adding, "This... must be kept... secret, however. There are those, even in Gensokyo... who... would rather someone like me did not exist."

> "Doctor's confidentiality." Eirin says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #519 on: December 04, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
>"....Yukari...."
>"...D-did you guys already have Kaguya try that shell of hers?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #520 on: December 04, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »
>"....Yukari...."
>"...D-did you guys already have Kaguya try that shell of hers?"

> "Technically speaking? She's already dead." Eirin says. "She's using her border manipulation, specifically, the boundary of life and death, to keep herself 'alive' despite being dead... but since she's dead, her power is falling apart. She's beyond help now. One of those wounds damaged her heart, and several others of her organs have been damaged. Then there's the severe blood loss."

> "Good analysis Eirin. Correct, as expected." Yukari says. "Besides... this isn't goodbye. I'll just be... living with Yuyuko instead. I'll be sure to come visit when I can."

> You almost forgot Yukari was best pals with Yuyuko.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #521 on: December 04, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »
>"So, basically, I got you killed."
>"Great."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #522 on: December 04, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »
>"....I'll keep an eye out for her. Want me to take her to visit you when I do find her? I figure you're the best one to teach her. Best way I can make up for this.."

Feels.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #523 on: December 04, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
>"So, basically, I got you killed."
>"Great."

> "No. Ultimately, it is my fault. I failed to stop Yumemi from entering Gensokyo, or enacting her plan. If she hadn't we would not have even known. I should have tried to sort out the device myself, instead of taking a joyride in your head. I should not have allowed her to hear the Heart, it gave her power. There are many things I could, or should, have done. Even then, as you know, 'she' is not you. I made sure of that when I planned the whole seal." Yukari says. "You are not responsible for the actions of her."

> Yukari pauses. "Besides... had I not held her back, the consequences would have been dire for the multiverse, with her free again. Better me, who has a Plan B, in fact... up to a Plan Z and beyond... than someone without a plan, eh?"

>"....I'll keep an eye out for her. Want me to take her to visit you when I do find her? I figure you're the best one to teach her. Best way I can make up for this.."

Feels.

> Yukari shakes her head.

> "She must find her natural potential herself. You cannot... simply teach someone this. Besides... you have nothing to make up."

> "If I thought this was your fault Rumia, I would have killed you by now." Ran says bluntly. You don't doubt that the Shikigami would have attacked you either.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #524 on: December 04, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
>"...You ain't alone in this though...I was the one who gave you the go-ahead.."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #525 on: December 04, 2012, 10:36:12 PM »
>"...You ain't alone in this though...I was the one who gave you the go-ahead.."

> "And how would have stopped me doing something I wanted? For all you knew, I could have manipulated boundaries to make you say yes." Yukari says. "It is not your fault, your past is not your fault. You are the 'second chance' I gave you. Everyone deserves one..."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #526 on: December 04, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »
>"I asked you to help keep her at bay, and you got yourself killed doing so."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #527 on: December 04, 2012, 10:45:40 PM »
>"I asked you to help keep her at bay, and you got yourself killed doing so."

> "Yet if I did not, many, many more would have died."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #528 on: December 04, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »
>"Rika could've gone alone."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #529 on: December 05, 2012, 12:37:59 AM »
>"....I'll make sure to keep tabs on 'Her' once she appears. I owe you that much at least..."
>Let's form a semi-transparent, sunglasses-like visor using Qi-infused darkness/dark energy. "For the time being, I'll wear these."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #530 on: December 05, 2012, 04:53:05 AM »
I take it that there's some reference with the glass that I'm missing?
Seriously, why?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #531 on: December 05, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
>"Rika could've gone alone."

> "I think we all know we couldn't do that. It's Rika. Knowing her she would have set the extractor to detonate and destroy Makai." Yukari says.

>"....I'll make sure to keep tabs on 'Her' once she appears. I owe you that much at least..."
>Let's form a semi-transparent, sunglasses-like visor using Qi-infused darkness/dark energy. "For the time being, I'll wear these."

> "Yes... her potential is beyond even mine, she could surpass me with ease." Yukari says. "I was at my potential, yet I had limits, such as being unable to connect the moon and the earth on anything but a full moon. She... doesn't have limits. Her natural potential is limitless."

> You form a visor for some reason. Yukari comments you look stupid.

I take it that there's some reference with the glass that I'm missing?
Seriously, why?

I'm missing it too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #532 on: December 05, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »
Well, we're gonna be keeping tabs on the 'new generation', yeah? I figured now's a good reason to make a nod to a certain series. (A certain Mr. Aznable, to be exact.)
After all, even if dying's not quite permanent for her, it's still a pretty hard-hitting thing to our heroic derp here.

>"...You oughta be able to give her a few pointers then, help her at least get the hang of things once she does discover them fully. Like say, 'not to mess with a certain boundary, otherwise weird things happen'."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #533 on: December 05, 2012, 06:44:35 PM »
I kinda agree with Yukari. We're not a gundam character or any kind of character who can pull off futuristic visors.
>Take the glasses off, yeah we might be responsible for Yukari, but we can make up for it by taking care for her descendant and taking up her mantle as a protector of Gensokyo.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #534 on: December 05, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
Well, we're gonna be keeping tabs on the 'new generation', yeah? I figured now's a good reason to make a nod to a certain series. (A certain Mr. Aznable, to be exact.)
After all, even if dying's not quite permanent for her, it's still a pretty hard-hitting thing to our heroic derp here.

>"...You oughta be able to give her a few pointers then, help her at least get the hang of things once she does discover them fully. Like say, 'not to mess with a certain boundary, otherwise weird things happen'."

I know next to nothing about Gundam except that's where that whiny thing known as Kira comes from, and it involves giant robots.

> "No. The powers for here may manifest in a different way, and teching her anything my way would hamper her own natural potential, as she would be bound by may way of thinking." Yukari says.

I kinda agree with Yukari. We're not a gundam character or any kind of character who can pull off futuristic visors.
>Take the glasses off, yeah we might be responsible for Yukari, but we can make up for it by taking care for her descendant and taking up her mantle as a protector of Gensokyo.

> You can't shake the feeling of guilt, but you decide to do what must be done anyway.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #535 on: December 05, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »
May I direct you to Zeta Gundam then?
Seed's really the only low-end Gundam, there's more than just that. Zeta's better. Way better.

>"If they do end up like yours though, I know who to bring her to visit."
>Smile faintly. "Besides, kids should learn from their elders in the family, and you're hers. That's what matters. Even if you don't actually teach her specific things, you can still give her pointers and tips for her to use as starting points. Kid probably won't know up from down when her powers end up going off, so she'll need at least a starting point to base things off."
>Beat.
>"Any idea if she's already shown up or not? Or is this rigged for her to show up once your life fades..?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #536 on: December 05, 2012, 07:16:50 PM »
May I direct you to Zeta Gundam then?
Seed's really the only low-end Gundam, there's more than just that. Zeta's better. Way better.

>"If they do end up like yours though, I know who to bring her to visit."
>Smile faintly. "Besides, kids should learn from their elders in the family, and you're hers. That's what matters. Even if you don't actually teach her specific things, you can still give her pointers and tips for her to use as starting points. Kid probably won't know up from down when her powers end up going off, so she'll need at least a starting point to base things off."
>Beat.
>"Any idea if she's already shown up or not? Or is this rigged for her to show up once your life fades..?"

> "It's not exactly rigged, but she wouldn't be able to find her way here until my own interference with boundaries ended. Besides, can you imagine the chose with two of me?" Yukari says.

> There is a purple glow around the youkai, which fades. She chuckles.

> "My power is starting to fail me. It won't be long until the Yama judges me, and, all well, I go to join my friend Yuyuko." Yukari says. "Don't worry. I openly embrace death, after all, I've been alive for ages, I have many friends who have passed on already. Yuyuko is just one~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #537 on: December 05, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
According to what I've heard, if Yuyuko takes a liking to you, she'll have you brought to Hakugyoukurou regardless of what's planned.

>"...Mysterious and enigmatic to the last, eh? Just wouldn't be you otherwise.."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #538 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
According to what I've heard, if Yuyuko takes a liking to you, she'll have you brought to Hakugyoukurou regardless of what's planned.

>"...Mysterious and enigmatic to the last, eh? Just wouldn't be you otherwise.."

> "Oh yes. Now then... Ran, someone needs to have enough of my power to stop the Hakurei Barrier falling apart before my descendant is ready. Once I put all my remaining power into you, however, that'll be my final act, I won't be able to keep myself alive. Of course, you'll gain access to a variety of my powers, but you're bright enough to use them right... and even then... it's your master's final order." Yukari says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #539 on: December 05, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »
>".....Here's hoping things go well for you on the other side...Oh, want me to pass anything on to 'her' when I find her? Like words of advice, or a specific item?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!