Author Topic: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04  (Read 103140 times)

Re: Yukari Quest, continued... Again?! Version 2.04
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »
>Reimu has barriers we can't bypass. This is not right.
>Options for bypassing barriers.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »
>To be fair, we didn't actually try to bypass them.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2013, 04:26:36 AM »
>Reimu has barriers we can't bypass. This is not right.
>Options for bypassing barriers.
>To be fair, we didn't actually try to bypass them.
>You take a brief moment to think about the methods you employ to bypass various barriers.
>The first would be to simply ignore them completely. This would, of course, require knowledge on the outcome you desired.
>The second would be to dismantle the barrier, though this process can take some time and is likely to alert the creator of the barrier of your actions.
>The third option would be to alter the barrier, though this is not always guaranteed to work.

>_

« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2013, 05:09:23 AM »
>Well we should at least understand what barrier she's using to stop us from gapping into the mansion and yanking Alice.
>That and it would be bothersome to have to wait outside the barrier for her when we visit.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
>Well we should at least understand what barrier she's using to stop us from gapping into the mansion and yanking Alice.
>That and it would be bothersome to have to wait outside the barrier for her when we visit.
>You know that the barrier Reimu is using to protect herself is similar to the Great Hakurei Border, though on a much smaller scale.
>The main thing stopping you from simply entering and grabbing Alice is a lack of knowledge on what is on the other side of that border. That is to say, you do not know the layout of Reimu's mansion.
>That would be rather bothersome.

>_

« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2013, 02:57:16 AM »
>Eh, next goal; if we have to fight with Reimu till she calms down, something to stop her from sealing us, and can we easily ascend to Reimu's Fantasy Heaven level to fight with her if she pulls it out.
>For the border, our goal would be to knock on her door, because us bypassing it entirely just to do that would be amusing.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2013, 03:02:07 AM »
>Eh, next goal; if we have to fight with Reimu till she calms down, something to stop her from sealing us, and can we easily ascend to Reimu's Fantasy Heaven level to fight with her if she pulls it out.
>For the border, our goal would be to knock on her door, because us bypassing it entirely just to do that would be amusing.
>You suppose that it's the only thing left to do, isn't it?
>That would probably be rather amusing.
>As you think about what you should be doing next, you sense Ran and Chen approaching.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2013, 08:40:13 AM »
>Now that we've already made them get here on their own, gap them inside. Just because.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
>Now that we've already made them get here on their own, gap them inside. Just because.
>You decide to give Ran and Chen you assistance and open up a gap to your home right in front of them.
>You see Chen tumble through the gap's exit, though Ran calmly steps through. You'll get her one of these days.
>"Master!"
>Chen, undeterred by her fall, uses the momentum to quickly make her way towards you.

>_

« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2013, 06:57:38 PM »
>Scoop her up into a hug. Never enough family hugs.
>"So how was your outing today?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »
>Scoop her up into a hug. Never enough family hugs.
>"So how was your outing today?"
>There most certainly aren't!
>You pick up Chen, making sure to give her a nice hug.
>"Chen didn't get to do much..."
>"I had fun, though!"
>Ran seems to have something to say.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #311 on: January 21, 2013, 01:49:35 AM »
>"How did things go? Did you learn anything?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
>"How did things go? Did you learn anything?"
>Ran waits for you to detach yourself from Chen before she gives you a brief summary.
>"It would seem as though the Hakurei maiden disappeared for a brief period of time when the border first broke. It would likely be a safe assumption that something about her changed during this time."
>"The black and white thief still seems to be roaming the land, though I know not of her current location."
>"Other than that, I do not know much else."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »
>What do we know of the connections that the Hakurei Lineage has to the border?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #314 on: January 21, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »
>Yep, definitely need to talk to Reimu. Though if its a border issue experience suggests that we'll have to deal with it ourselves.
>What do we know of Marisa's relationship to Reimu?
>On that note, we should get around to taking our stuff back.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:42 AM »
>What do we know of the connections that the Hakurei Lineage has to the border?
>The Hakurei have been tied to the border for almost as long as you have. After the creation of the border, you found their blood to be quite attuned to the border, and so decided to delegate the responsibility of guarding it to them.

>Yep, definitely need to talk to Reimu. Though if its a border issue experience suggests that we'll have to deal with it ourselves.
>What do we know of Marisa's relationship to Reimu?
>On that note, we should get around to taking our stuff back.
>As you thought for quite some time, you're not going to be able to resolve this incident without dealing with Reimu and whatever it is that happened to her.
>The two have known each other for most of their lives and, while it may not seem to be the case, the two are rather close friends. Despite Reimu's constant disapproval of Marisa's behaviours, the two trust each other quite well.
>What do you want to reacquire?

>_

« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »
>What did she take from us? Ask Ran in case we miss anything
>While we're at it, we should return everything else she's stolen to their owners because someone needs some karmic retribution.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2013, 09:06:24 AM »
>What did she take from us? Ask Ran in case we miss anything
>While we're at it, we should return everything else she's stolen to their owners because someone needs some karmic retribution.
>From you, very little. You're quite adept at keeping yourself and your important belongings out of the reach of others. You don't think that you can say the same for your shikigami, though. You ask Ran if Marisa has ever stolen anything from you.
>"Whilst we have managed to keep her away from anything of value, that does not mean that we have not fallen victim to her kleptomania."
>"Food. Over the years I shudder to imagine how much of it she has managed to take from our stores."
>Isn't it great that someone like you is around to correct the injustices of the world?

>_

« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2013, 03:02:41 AM »
>Eh, not enough to warrant super trolling but yeah, gapping everything she's stolen back to their owners still sounds right up our alley.
>Except anything stupidly dangerous, that will depend on who the owner is.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »
>Eh, not enough to warrant super trolling but yeah, gapping everything she's stolen back to their owners still sounds right up our alley.
>Except anything stupidly dangerous, that will depend on who the owner is.
>Oh, you do love how charitable you are.
>Of course, anything dangerous will have to remain with you. For their own good, of course.

>_

« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2013, 08:58:02 PM »
>But of course.
>"Well one good turn deserves another~ And I suppose that I should ensure that everyone knows that I'm back."
>Proceed with Marisa trolling. Let the family watch; this should be a good bonding moment and Chen needs magnificent bastardry lessons.
>As well as cooking classes, the horror of the mountain must never be repeated by any of our family.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
>But of course.
>"Well one good turn deserves another~ And I suppose that I should ensure that everyone knows that I'm back."
>Proceed with Marisa trolling. Let the family watch; this should be a good bonding moment and Chen needs magnificent bastardry lessons.
>As well as cooking classes, the horror of the mountain must never be repeated by any of our family.
>"I do believe that most of Gensokyo's residents are already aware of your return."
>You tell Ran to be quiet before you continue.
>Dealing with Marisa is no simple task, she is quite powerful in her own right. You consider how you might go about your task.
>You think about how you might want to approach this. You could simply travel to her house, hoping that Marisa is not around. Alternatively, you could try to create a distraction, though that would require you to find and interact with Marisa. Of course, there are many other options available, you wonder what you should do.
>You still have a lot of things to teach your shikigami. When the time comes, that is.

>_

« Reply #322 on: January 25, 2013, 03:38:43 PM »
>Well first, start with our standard spying methods when we want to look in without others noticing. Spy on her house first in case she's there.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2013, 09:21:18 AM »
>Well first, start with our standard spying methods when we want to look in without others noticing. Spy on her house first in case she's there.
>Of course, you don't want to head into anything unprepared.
>You open up a small gap inside Marisa's house which you peer through.
>As expected, the inside of her home is a complete mess. You can see innumerable objects strewn across the floor, as well as all over various tables, desks, cabinets, and shelves.
>You then quickly check the exterior of her home with another gap. You do not see Marisa anywhere near her home.

>_

« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2013, 05:59:04 PM »
>So no Marisa and too much stuff to sort through quickly.
>Meh, gap all the stuff to us then and then sort through our haul.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »
>No, gap it to us and make Ran sort through it.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2013, 04:58:59 AM »
>So no Marisa and too much stuff to sort through quickly.
>Meh, gap all the stuff to us then and then sort through our haul.
>No, gap it to us and make Ran sort through it.
>She does have far too many belongings. If you were to sort through it at her home, you run the risk of having Marisa return.
>With complete disregard for the items, you unceremoniously dump everything from Marisa's house into Mayohiga. You wonder how angry Marisa will be when she realizes.
>You hear a fair amount of noise outside as everything falls into one large pile.
>Ran sighs.
>"Come Chen, it seems we have some work to do."
>"Nya... Okay!"
>Ran and Chen take their leave.

>_

« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2013, 05:09:11 AM »
>Supervise the sorting
>And by supervise of course we mean sit back and watch until something interesting shows up in there

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »
>If we find anything that seems to actually, legitimately be Marisa's, put it back in her house. After all, we're just taking what she's stolen. No reason to take things that are truly hers.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:07 AM »
>Supervise the sorting
>And by supervise of course we mean sit back and watch until something interesting shows up in there
>You decide to follow Ran and Chen out to where the items are, watching as they slowly sort the items by magical power.
>First, a small mountain of books are removed from the general pile. Several of these books are kept away from everything else, and you can feel some power coming from them.
>Most of the items appear to be mundane trinkets from the various factions in Gensoukyo. There are, however, a few things that stand out.
>Firstly, the plethora of mushrooms of many varieties. Some of them look rather dangerous.
>There are also many potions and fireworks. Leaving them alone is probably not the best idea.
>Marisa seems to be in possession of a fair amount of machinery from the outside world. The most dangerous of these would be something called an 'assault rifle'.
>You note that the Kusanagi no Tsurugi, which you believed to be in Marisa's possession, is not here.

>If we find anything that seems to actually, legitimately be Marisa's, put it back in her house. After all, we're just taking what she's stolen. No reason to take things that are truly hers.
>You return the mushrooms to Marisa's home. You aren't entirely sure what else actually belongs to her.

>_