Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55236 times)

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #930 on: June 19, 2011, 03:01:13 AM »
>knock, time to inform him of everything.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #931 on: June 19, 2011, 03:13:42 AM »
>knock, time to inform him of everything.

>You go knock on the door. You hear footsteps and then a few moments later, Isato opens it. The look of startelement in his eyes when he sees you is palpable, though he tries to hide it.
>"Ah, um, good morning!" he stutters out. "What can I do for you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #932 on: June 19, 2011, 03:17:16 AM »
>"Good morning, Isato. I understand that you got most of the news yesterday, but I'll try to fill in the gaps. I found your shipment. It was mostly intact, the horses and wagon are fine as far as I could tell."

« Reply #933 on: June 19, 2011, 03:18:35 AM »
>Something on my face? He shouldn't be that surprised to see me...
>"Guess you weren't expecting to see me again?"

« Reply #934 on: June 19, 2011, 03:30:37 AM »
>"Good morning, Isato. I understand that you got most of the news yesterday, but I'll try to fill in the gaps. I found your shipment. It was mostly intact, the horses and wagon are fine as far as I could tell."

>He nods. "That's great news."
>Then he cranes his neck and looks around the road. "Um, where is it?"

>Something on my face? He shouldn't be that surprised to see me...
>"Guess you weren't expecting to see me again?"

>Given that you just washed up, you're reasonably confident it's nothing on your face, at least...
>"Well, uh..." He fidgets. "It's just, I heard you'd gone to Braston."

« Reply #935 on: June 19, 2011, 03:52:08 AM »
>"Are you okay, Isato? You seem... more on edge than you did last night, even."
>"And where'd you hear I'd gone back to Braston from?"

« Reply #936 on: June 19, 2011, 03:59:41 AM »
>"Are you okay, Isato? You seem... more on edge than you did last night, even."
>"And where'd you hear I'd gone back to Braston from?"

>"What?" Isato looks at you somewhat absently. "W- No, I'm fine, really."
>"Well, I just- I mean, didn't you say you'd heard I'd gotten the news yesterday? I just assumed..." He trails off, frowning. "Uh, Jirou told me yesterday. He said he saw you on the road."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: June 19, 2011, 04:02:15 AM »
You seem to have an angle here, Sour. What's the plan?

« Reply #938 on: June 19, 2011, 04:03:47 AM »
Not an angle so much. I just have a bad feeling from this guy. He's more nervous than he should be around us. I think he's hiding something, I'm just not sure how to drag it out of him.

Edit: Upon review, I think we should bring up the discrepancy in his story now. See if that gets a rise out  of him.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:17:53 AM by Sourfang »

« Reply #939 on: June 19, 2011, 04:44:36 AM »
>"Oh, yeah. I met Jirou. And I met a certain ice fairy, as well. And she had some interesting things to tell me."

« Reply #940 on: June 19, 2011, 04:50:15 AM »
>"Oh, yeah. I met Jirou. And I met a certain ice fairy, as well. And she had some interesting things to tell me."

>Isato all but pulls away from you as you lead in the Cirno question. He is very bad at masking his uncomfortableness.
>"She, uh- she did?" He pauses for a moment, looking more than a little distracted. "Yeah, I uh... I think Jirou mentioned her. I wonder how she got involved in all this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: June 19, 2011, 05:02:13 AM »
>"Well, probably by being the one who actually robbed you. There was no youkai, was there, Isato?"

Did we ever get any kind of agreement from Cirno/The faeries to leave Isato alone?

« Reply #942 on: June 19, 2011, 05:03:50 AM »
Now that you mention it, I don't think we ever did. I can't even remember if it came up, but I don't think it did.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #943 on: June 19, 2011, 05:06:43 AM »
you where all more concerned with making the melon bowl look like a group of starving orphans i believe.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: June 19, 2011, 05:07:57 AM »
We would have needed to break Cirno first, probably. But I wasn't there for the whole thing =I

« Reply #945 on: June 19, 2011, 05:11:26 AM »
>"Well, probably by being the one who actually robbed you. There was no youkai, was there, Isato?"

>Isato goes stock still, almost as if struck. He stares hard at you for a moment.  The silence is nearly as telling as actual words would be. Then after what must have seemed an interminable length of time from his perspective, he sags, rubbing his forehead with a hand.
>"I guess that badge isn't just for show," he says, with a kind of forced chuckle.

« Reply #946 on: June 19, 2011, 05:20:33 AM »
>"What can I say. It's in my nature to get to the bottom of things. I was like that before I ever got this badge. Now I'm even better at it."
>"Out with it, Isato. Why'd you lie to me that night? What's the deal with you and those fairys?"

« Reply #947 on: June 19, 2011, 05:32:31 AM »
>"What can I say. It's in my nature to get to the bottom of things. I was like that before I ever got this badge. Now I'm even better at it."
>"Out with it, Isato. Why'd you lie to me that night? What's the deal with you and those fairys?"

>Isato just nods slowly.
>"It's just, uh..." He sighs. "Look, it's a stupid reason, ok? It's just, when people were asking why I walked all the way back here without it, what was I supposed to say? 'Sorry, I ran away from some fairies?' I thought, I don't know, that maybe I'd sneak back there after they'd gotten bored of it and take it back. I didn't think the story mattered. I never expected a Seeker to show up looking for it."

« Reply #948 on: June 19, 2011, 05:38:43 AM »
>Pause. Blink.
>"Here's a tip. Saving face in front of your neighbors is all well and good, but when a professional shows up offering to help, you should probably consider being honest with her. Your pride isn't my concern."

« Reply #949 on: June 19, 2011, 05:51:25 AM »
>Pause. Blink.
>"Here's a tip. Saving face in front of your neighbors is all well and good, but when a professional shows up offering to help, you should probably consider being honest with her. Your pride isn't my concern."

>"Well, uh... I was kinda hoping it wouldn't make a difference. You might've just thought the youkai wandered off or something. Maybe think the fairies grabbed it afterwards; you know how they are. I don't know!" he cries, exasperated, then sighs. "Look, it's not like I make a habit of this."
>He frowns. "Are... are you going to tell them?"

« Reply #950 on: June 19, 2011, 05:57:05 AM »
Haven't we kind of already told people that it was fairys responsible?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: June 19, 2011, 05:59:36 AM »
Not his neighbors, I don't think. Now, Jirou might have spread the word...

« Reply #952 on: June 19, 2011, 06:05:18 AM »
Wouldn't put it past him, the old crank.
Well, I have nothing personal against Isato. Lord knows I wouldn't want people talking about me as 'The guy that ran from a bunch of fairys'. Or one fairy with a sword, in this case. And in a way, we did meet Honeysuckle thanks to him, so I think we can cut him some slack. Just wanted to check before I told him "No I won't" after we already had.

« Reply #953 on: June 19, 2011, 06:17:12 AM »
>Place hands on hips and pause for a moment.
>"Well, I suppose there was no real harm done either way. And I'm not in the habit of wrecking people's reputations as I go along."
>"But you should know. Jirou and his two flunkies know the truth of what happened out there, too. If they've told anyone about Cirno and her fairys, that's not on me. That's on THEM. Okay?"

« Reply #954 on: June 19, 2011, 06:34:23 AM »
>Place hands on hips and pause for a moment.
>"Well, I suppose there was no real harm done either way. And I'm not in the habit of wrecking people's reputations as I go along."
>"But you should know. Jirou and his two flunkies know the truth of what happened out there, too. If they've told anyone about Cirno and her fairys, that's not on me. That's on THEM. Okay?"

>You can see a thin glimmer of hope in Isato's eyes as you tell him you don't think any harm's been done.
>When you mention Jirou again, his lips purse into a slight frown, then he nods. "I... guess that's the best I can hope for. Uh, thanks."
>"So, uh... where's my stuff, anyway?"

« Reply #955 on: June 19, 2011, 07:09:03 AM »
>"I'm afraid the fairys put a decent dent in the food supply before I could track it down. But after I settled things with the fairys- well, mostly the one fairy- she and I brought the shipment to the Melon Bowl, where it was most needed."
>In expectation of him protesting: "It was the best way I could come up with to handle that fairy with the sword. If I'd tried to take the cart myself, or fight her for it, I might've had to fight her and dozens more fairys besides. That's a fight your average Seeker isn't gonna have great odds of winning, be they Youkai or otherwise."
>"And believe me, she wasn't about to voluntarily give either your goods or your horses back to you. She's not your biggest fan."

« Reply #956 on: June 19, 2011, 07:20:35 AM »
>"I'm afraid the fairys put a decent dent in the food supply before I could track it down. But after I settled things with the fairys- well, mostly the one fairy- she and I brought the shipment to the Melon Bowl, where it was most needed."
>In expectation of him protesting: "It was the best way I could come up with to handle that fairy with the sword. If I'd tried to take the cart myself, or fight her for it, I might've had to fight her and dozens more fairys besides. That's a fight your average Seeker isn't gonna have great odds of winning, be they Youkai or otherwise."
>"And believe me, she wasn't about to voluntarily give either your goods or your horses back to you. She's not your biggest fan."

>"Jirou already told me you sold the fruit," he says. "And, uh, I guess that's neither here nor there at the moment. I probably don't get to complain after lying to you and you going off and getting it back anyway. I meant where's the rest of it. Because, uh, you don't seem to have it with you now." His bearing suggests he's bracing himself for some new problem.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #957 on: June 19, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
>"When I say 'decent dent', I moreso mean 'a small colony of fae just ate a undefined portion of your food'. There was quite a lot left over, But I dont know how much fruit was in there before, so I cant really say if they just ate a single fruit or twenty. Maybe you should ask the people at the Melon Bowl exactly how much they got compared to earlier shipments."

« Reply #958 on: June 19, 2011, 07:41:01 AM »
>"I assume you mean your horses and cart?"
>Assuming that's affirmative: "I left them with the Melon Bowl owner. I was driving a borrowed horse and cart at the time, so I couldn't drive yours back. You may have to cover the stabling fees, but she may be open to negociation on that front, although I can't speak on her behalf."
>"And yes, I do recall you mentioning that some of that shipment was destined for open market, the Melon Bowl wasn't to get it all. However, as some of it was gone, including some of the portion alloted for the Melon Bowl, I figured whatever was left would be best served in the hands of the cafe. It might not be ideal, but it was the best I could do under the circumstances."

« Reply #959 on: June 19, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »
>"When I say 'decent dent', I moreso mean 'a small colony of fae just ate a undefined portion of your food'. There was quite a lot left over, But I dont know how much fruit was in there before, so I cant really say if they just ate a single fruit or twenty. Maybe you should ask the people at the Melon Bowl exactly how much they got compared to earlier shipments."

>Isato's expression looks more than a little dubious, but he nods slowly.

>"I assume you mean your horses and cart?"
>Assuming that's affirmative: "I left them with the Melon Bowl owner. I was driving a borrowed horse and cart at the time, so I couldn't drive yours back. You may have to cover the stabling fees, but she may be open to negociation on that front, although I can't speak on her behalf."
>"And yes, I do recall you mentioning that some of that shipment was destined for open market, the Melon Bowl wasn't to get it all. However, as some of it was gone, including some of the portion alloted for the Melon Bowl, I figured whatever was left would be best served in the hands of the cafe. It might not be ideal, but it was the best I could do under the circumstances."

>"Yeah," he says.
>Isato frowns as you explain where they are, and the executive decisions you made with his shipment. He doesn't look especially happy, but nor does he seem obviously angry, rather somewhat... conflicted. Perhaps troubled would be a better word.
>"I... guess that's, well... I guess that's how it is," he says eventually, then rubs his forehead as if to quell a growing headache. "It just would've been nice if, well..." He lets off a heavy sigh. "Look, nevermind. Can I have what she payed you now, at least?"