Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 73955 times)

Faiz

• Faiz
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #540 on: May 14, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »
Good, it appears my post had the desired effects.

I find that town apathy is best cured when they are attacked.

No, it's not me calling you scum. It's me getting your head back in the game.

Now, onto Crocker:

Admittedly, Crocker has fallen a lot for me. Much of my case against him included active lurking and non-committal stances/attacks.

I was pleasantly surprised to see him commit to a suspect list, and give a full case on them. He answered my questions quite well, and I have much less of a problem with him now.

Crocker is now a null read.

Comedian is a prime example of what I was looking at Crocker for. He posted very little of value day 1, and consistently chose to attack players who had very little chance of being lynched that day. This means he provided no relevant content, and is thus active lurking.

Except his active lurking has the added bonus of being able to go back and say "I was calling this person scum since Day 1", and help him lynch harder targets, if he were scum.

Anonymous is contradictions ho. For much of Day 1, he lurked his ass off. For Day 2, he helped  drive the SM wagon with full steam. He went as far to compliment me on my logic and call me town.

The moment SM flips town, he goes back on that, and starts attacking me for not making cases, besides on SM.

Which is something he supported me doing that day.

Beyond that, he has also provided little in the way of suspicions, preferring to follow others opportunistically.

Anonymous is now above Comedian on the list.

Monoe is actually only a slight scum read for her D1 play. It has improved since then, and I actually like a lot of her D3 play. I want to keep an eye on her, but she's only really null with a gut feeling right now. I can explain the D1 stuff if pressed, but it basically amounts to me not liking her interactions. I even gave her +1 scum points at the time for it I believe.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #541 on: May 14, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
EBWOP: Yep. I'll say for SURE that my post had the desired effect. Maybe too good. Fucking quote walls ;_;

Let me read and comment on that Proto.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #542 on: May 14, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »
Your posts towards me today have had the opposite of your desired effect. The only thing that cured my apathy was a good night's rest. If you're trying to be helpful please never be helpful like that again.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #543 on: May 14, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »
Fine.

Points for points then Proto. Comments on my cases and I'll give mine in yours.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #544 on: May 14, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »
Also, how do I change my settings?

I want more than 5 posts on a page @-@

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #545 on: May 14, 2011, 04:14:20 PM »
Go to Profile, then Look and Layout and change the number of posts per page to 30 or 50.

First of all, Protoman thinks all your cases would look better if you include a quote with them in the first place of examples where the person did what you say they did, instead of adding the quotes later. It answers the question of when these things you say happened actually happened and what made you feel that way.
Protoman never thought Crock Pot was a virus, just foolish, so he is tremendously glad you have placed Headless 4chan on top of your list instead. Headless 4chan is a lurker virus that doesn't exist. Protoman feels that Comedian's posts have had good content and his cases are understandable, even if Protoman disagrees with some of them. Considering Comedian has been attacking Kyon, who has always had a good chance of being deleted, Mai who also has a good chance of being deleted, Protoman doesn't understand your accusations.

Monoe is Protoman's only friend.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #546 on: May 14, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »
I think the post restriction thing is you overthinking it and desperately looking for anything to pin on me. I'm ignoring it from here on since you fail to show me why it's "scummy"

As for what I agreed with, it was that Prinny was being reporter style, avoiding taking solid stances, and generally not ENGAGING with the town. Oh, I'll also note I mention Prinny in my first post, though only in one sentence saying his hesitant style bugs me.

Oh, is THAT what you have your extension cords in a knot about regarding Sailor Moon? I thought that was clear as well. I decided to vote Sailor Moon because I had been convinced her flip would shed light on other players, with regards to activity around her wrong. As for getting information, I still thought she was scum, due to her lackluster D2. But even if she had NOT been scum, we would have gotten a little more information from her flip than we would from say, Kyon's or Light's (at the time)

As for uselessness, I disagree. If you have two people you have as pretty solidly scum, there are several good metrics for choosing which one to push to lynch. Uselessness is a HUGE one. Information is another.

As for my read changing, most of her D2 posts were just bad, and her CONTINUED hypocritical sniping of anonymous wore thing on me. Admittedly, I also think Mai's repetition contributed to my hostile read of Sailor Moon. Maybe it seemed frustrated to you. It seemed scummy to me.

Re: Kyon L-1gate: I probably would have ready D1 overnight for real and discovered the same things I discovered today. I don't see how this is relevant.

First, it seemed original for Cats, and second, I tend to only process the meat of a post, not necessarily the "This guy said that" parts unless they're relevant. Secondly, it looks like he's added to it anyway. Unless you want to link Gumshoe's post and show me where what he's added isn't original? Thirdly, he's actively engaging people in that post, something that's been missing all game! Tell me what I'm supposed to find bad about this?

So, essentially, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't Re: CATS. You seem to do a lot of that. It seems you have some ~*~magical~*~ interpretation of my actions as scummy for any occasion. I think that says a lot about how you're approaching this.

Anonymous' opening D2 post was an actual case on someone, something he had been SORELY LACKING, and also extollations I agreed with. I EXPECTED HIM TO ACTUALLY FOLLOW UP WITH MORE INFORMATION. He didn't really, hence why I started feeling Anonymous was more and more scummy.

You can keep repeating your question, the answer is the same. SHE WASN'T AN "OBVIOUS MISLYNCH" EXCEPT IN PROTOMAN LAND. She was FAIRLY OBVIOUS TOWN TO ME, AND I BELIEVE OTHERS. I like to think that I notice who the strong townies are. It's kind of my thing. Mai was one of them. Tell me how intuition based scumhunting is mislynch material? Further, tell me where she wasn't "properly explaining her reads"? I followed her thought process fairly well in the moment. My extollations for her to restate her case were to have it all in one place.

I think it's null, Protoman. Maybe slight town. It's not that impressive, honestly.

You've completely fail to rebuild your house of cards, and all you're doing is restating things I already answered, while not answering me on at least one point.

As I said, WHAT WAS SCUMMY ABOUT THE NK ANAL POST? You STILL haven't provided that, you've just poked at it as if it contributes to your "case"

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #547 on: May 14, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »
Proto, I'm not sure if I buy the "Buddying has been Cage's  MO this game" claim.

Show me examples of this please?

P-Edit:

So you are saying that bussing is impossible Proto? It's impossible that Comedian-scum could be bussing Kyon-scum for major town cred?

Also, Comedian is scummy independent of Kyon. And there are other potential flavors of scum besides having one mafia faction, as you must certainly know.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #548 on: May 14, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
Bussing from the beginning of the game for no reason when there were so many delicious town wagons to prod? Less likely. Not enough to build an entire case on. Please actually cite sources for some of Comedian's posts, especially his Day 3 ones, about how he's not providing helpful information. Are you calling him third party now? That's bizzare.

Protoman has shown repeated examples of where Cage agrees with other Navi's cases and votes accordingly all game. There are links to relevant posts in Protoman's case. Please just once, go through Day 2 and actually try to find these examples yourself?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #549 on: May 14, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
Protoman also feels his cases on Anonymous and Chitose are getting lost in the rage about Cage. Mai doesn't seem to agree about Chitose, and many other Navis seem to be ignoring that possibility. Please comment on Chitose as well.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #550 on: May 14, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
I've read his posts Proto.

I don't SEE the buddying.

That's why I'm asking YOU where YOU got it from.

It's not a problem of me not reading your case or Cage's posts. It's a lack of understanding of why what you are calling buddying is actually buddying.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #551 on: May 14, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
Now answering Cage. Protoman thinks you can think what you like about a conceived desperateness. Protoman isn't trying to prove to you how your words have virus intent anyways, he is trying to show it to town.

Protoman accepts Cage's answer about my Penguin Hat but points out Cage made large paragraphs on many Navis in the post he linked, and doesn't find it acceptable proof of intent. Protoman agrees that Cage's reason for voting Sailor Moon was clear, other then the thinking she was scum part. The motive there and the motive restated now are still as questionable to him.

You can keep repeating your question, the answer is the same. SHE WASN'T AN "OBVIOUS MISLYNCH" EXCEPT IN PROTOMAN LAND. She was FAIRLY OBVIOUS TOWN TO ME, AND I BELIEVE OTHERS. I like to think that I notice who the strong townies are. It's kind of my thing. Mai was one of them. Tell me how intuition based scumhunting is mislynch material? Further, tell me where she wasn't "properly explaining her reads"? I followed her thought process fairly well in the moment. My extollations for her to restate her case were to have it all in one place.
This is something Protoman is going to continually disagree with Cage about. Mai was very obviously not one of the 'strong townies.' Mai comes off as very unfamiliar with the setting and vague with her opinions besides the two reads she stated out of the blue in Early Day 1. She hasn't been properly explaining her reads in the history of ever. She took until today to answer a question from Day 1, namely "Who do you think the two scum are on the Prinny Wagon?" Gut play has always gotten people lynched on this forum because town doesn't like opinions they can't understand, and for good reason. Even if you can follow her thoughts and I can follow her thoghts, other people can't. You are justifying her being obvious to yourself as being obvious to everyone, on a day when she's the alternate wagon. Protoman thinks she just might be lynchable!

I think it's null, Protoman. Maybe slight town. It's not that impressive, honestly.
You've already said your gambit on Kyon was bad. Why do you not think someone stopping you from making that mistake is good? In the event Kyon flips scum, Light will have essentially stopped his partner from ending the day early. Does this make sense to you from a scum perspective?

As for everything else, though Protoman dislikes the answers Cage has answered his questions, including about CATS. Protoman feels any further arguing about them will break down into Protoman saying he is right and Cage saying he is wrong, and this has already taken up too much space for the other Navis to get lost in. Protoman feels he has engaged you enough to get acceptable personal opinions from to examine later. Protoman would prefer to spend the rest of today engaging his other suspects.

As I said, WHAT WAS SCUMMY ABOUT THE NK ANAL POST? You STILL haven't provided that, you've just poked at it as if it contributes to your "case"
Ah, Protoman thinks something is lost in translation because he's not sure what you're referring to here. Please correct Protoman's coding error and direct him to what you're referring to so he can answer correctly. Protoman assures you the technician responsible for the error has been sacked.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #552 on: May 14, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
Mai,  if you don't see it I don't think pointing it out again is going to help. Protoman is willing to drop the subject so you can concentrate on explaining Comedian to him because he equally doesn't understand you.

Also Protoman is tired of quoting things. Protoman likes Cage but Protoman is getting tired of seeing his name from all the rereading.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #553 on: May 14, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »
Also, I'd like to note how Kyon is further proving all my suspicions correct by lurking out of this game when the deadline is approaching fast.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #554 on: May 14, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
I would still like you to do it please and thanks Proto.

And I'll go get the Comedian quotes for you.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #555 on: May 14, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
Nice joke.  You gonna vote me for it?

Here's something as we were leaving RVS stage that I found interesting, but was too far in a tunnel to do anything about.

This is super scummy. It's more of that passive aggressive stuff I was talking about.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #556 on: May 14, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »
Anonymous (1): Monoe, Protoman.EXE
Light Yagami (1): Mr. Crocker
Kyon (4): Monoe, The Comedian, Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, John Cage
Mai Tokiha (4): Kyon, CATS, Chitose Karasuma, Anonymous

No vote cast: Light Yagami

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have under 9 hours to vote.

Kyon and Mai Tokiha are at L-2!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #557 on: May 14, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
I'm fine letting it rest because, like you, I was merely showing the town the errors of your "case".

As for what you seem to be confused about, what I mean is, you pointed out the post where I advocate NK analysis and name three names I figured would die sooner than Whim. You have continually failed to tell me how this is scummy.

Oh, ok, fine, one thing. Take a look at the wagon on Mai. Take a look at who you suspect. Does it REALLY count as "lynchable" if over half of a wagon is likely scum?

Anyway, we have 9 hours left. Protoman, if it comes down to needing a lynch, will you vote Kyon? The same question is to Crocker. I don't have as much hope for those on the Mai wagon.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #558 on: May 14, 2011, 05:48:38 PM »
I'm hating Sailor Moon's AtE, but beyond that is some decent content.  Retroactive justification isn't as good as justification at the time of the vote, but her explanation for her Prinny vote is alright.  Willing to let her slide for now.

On the flip side, Prinny's vote on her looks extremely opportunistic.  For all there were good reasons to vote Sailor Moon at the time, his stated reasoning was very flimsy, with a touch of OMGUS.  Prinny wasn't even in danger at the time, so he can't even use "not me over me" as justification.  Furthermore, his other content has been pretty lackluster.  Lots of throwaway statements that don't give any indications of a townie thought process.  I wouldn't be unhappy with a Prinny lynch at this point.

For all Cage's refusal to read most of the game is rageworthy, what really bugs me is his WIFOM about how it's not scummy because it totally wouldn't help scum at all.  This is a point that deserves emphasis: anti-town play is pro-scum.  Play that obfuscates one's own opinion or distracts the town from proper scumhunting, it's bad, and if you're aware that it's bad and you still do it, it's scummy.

Light's vote is really just a bandwagon hop, and he doesn't have much content at all, but I don't see any overt scum intent either.  I'm willing to give him until Day 2 to contribute.  For that matter, that goes for several contentless posters.

Still preferring a Kyon lynch to a Prinny one.  His bandwagon hops don't look convincing to me.  Very safe and inoffensive, probably to try and save himself from his earlier OMGUS cases.  My vote stays on him.

This is a good example.

This is on Late Day 1, when there was only a Prinny and a Sailor Moon wagon.

This is Comedian throwing suspicion at targets that aren't even going to be lynchable that day.

He also supports BOTH the Prinny and SM wagons, but states his preference for Kyon. It's a method of distancing from a town flip, if he is scum.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #559 on: May 14, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
As for what you seem to be confused about, what I mean is, you pointed out the post where I advocate NK analysis and name three names I figured would die sooner than Whim. You have continually failed to tell me how this is scummy.
Oh, the only part of that Protoman has a problem with is the Mai part. Protoman is aware that the Mai wagon is at least 75% virus detected. Protoman thinks they would not be that obvious if they didn't think was something obviously wrong with Mai. Protoman can actually add a question there, why did Cage not think Monoe was a possible nightkill?

Protoman thinks he has stated before he will vote for Kyon if there is no alternative besides Mai. Protoman would not be caught dead on Mai's wagon with Headless 4chan and Chitose. Protoman thinks Chitose posted somewhere between our arguments and will reread her a bit from today to confirm there is only one Navi with cool shades allowed in this History lesson.

Mai, if you're going to link to multiple posts, can you link them all in one post? It helps to reread. I'd also like you to link at least one of his Day 3 posts with similar analysis. Protoman found when Comedian made the Late Day post you linked that Kyon was still a possible deletion. There was support stated for SOS Slave Boy being deleted from many Navis that chose to stay on Prinny for questionable reasons. Protoman found the lack of switching from other Navis questionable. Protoman will attempt to link what he considers Cage buddying before the day ends, right now Protoman doesn't think he can words error log file v=gYpSTwl7S3I.

Also, I'd like to note how Kyon is further proving all my suspicions correct by lurking out of this game when the deadline is approaching fast.
SOS Slave Boy's name can be replaced by all of Protoman's suspects except Cage.. and many town. Protoman can hear pins drop sometimes.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #560 on: May 14, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »
But, again, I don't see what's *scummy* about the Mai thing, and ostensibly that was part of your "case".

Well, anyway, the fact that Mai's wagon ONLY has most of the likely scum team on it would imply that they've made a miscalculation on her lynchability, and that the actual town has fairly good vibes about Mai.

As for Monoe, IIRC, her D1 was decent, but not town powerhouse. It didn't feel like it would be uncomfortable to scum.

I was actually about to point out that pretty much no one has posted that is currently on the Mai wagon. I find this incredibly hilarious.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #561 on: May 14, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
It's funny because if Protoman were to compare them side by side content wise it would go:
SOS Slave Boy > CATS > Chitose > Who's the other one again?

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #562 on: May 14, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »
I'm not going to be here at the end of the day. I'm going to be gone at 5:00 PM EST, and won't be back before day end.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #563 on: May 14, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »
Protoman isn't feeling any better so Mai will have to wait until tomorrow then.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #564 on: May 14, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »
Protoman isn't feeling any better so Mai will have to wait until tomorrow then.

That's fine. Kyon is the play for today.

We can discuss Cage/Chitose/Comedian in greater detail tomorrow, if that pleases you. I know I certainly desire to know where your head is, because your cases are rather hard to digest. I have questions for clarifications, but these can wait.

I have your top 4 scum suspects on my wagon right now. And your vote is... where?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #565 on: May 14, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »
There are less than 6 hours remaining.

herp i conjugate gud
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #566 on: May 14, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »
HEY GUYS! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT'S NOT COOL?

LURKING LIKE JERKS! I may not be the SHINING EXAMPLE of town activity, but this is JUST PATHETIC! GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE AND FRIGGEN VOTE ON A LYNCHABLE WAGON! I AM LOOKING AT YOU, CROCKER AND PROTOMAN!

Anyone switching off Mai ALSO GETS BROWNIE POINTS THOUGH!

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #567 on: May 14, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
Protoman doesn't like waiting until tomorrow when there is time in the now.

Huh. Cage, since we are pretending to be friends today, and Monoe if you happen to come around, can you look at Kyon and Comedian in isolation and search through their interactions with each other? Protoman wants to know what you two think of them.

Protoman just noticed Comedian said Headless 4chan is a distant third priority <___< Protoman might owe other Navis more apologies.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #568 on: May 14, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
Well, we kind of have five hours left, so I'd like to get a lynch nowish myself!

Anyway, I can try, but no promises. I'm going to be busy for a few hours. I MAY have to end up doing it as a night post, but I'll do my best to get that in.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #569 on: May 14, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
Protoman will be here until deadline. Cage doesn't have to worry about him missing the deletion. Either Light or Crocker does need to come around before then. Or one of those Navis trying to delete Mai..

Protoman doesn't mind if Cage waits until night, as long as Cage remembers to nightpost this time.