Author Topic: Mafia History Mafia - Game Over  (Read 74668 times)

Decade

• Decade
Re: Mafia History Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2011, 07:09:38 AM »
Oh, I can answer your question in reference to your defense of CATS before I go.
Quote from: Protoman
His argument for Chitose is much better then for Mai, but strangely he picked Mai anyways because..
Quote from: Chitose
without actually explaining why it is so.  What gives?
Don't ask me, ask CATS. I have no idea why he picked voting Mai over you in his post. That would be the point I am making there. His case on you is better, but he voted someone else because ???

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
Rest assuring, I am claim no friendship to Chitose. Please to be keep in mind.

Apologize, Protoman, for not the answer of question. I was forgot.
I am try to be impartial and unbias towards vote. I believe basing vote on self to be town bad excuse, and easy place to vote with no meaning. I is ignore vote of Chitose and Anon because is not enough to be as algae by itself, and I are no other case on them at time. Base full case on OMGUS is uncity, and is major reason why Kyon is still high on list of algae in spite people being actively defending him. I are to continue to ignore Anon and Protoman is vote on self, because I am believe both are not algae. I are also accepting Protoman is answer.

Chitose is vote on I is okay in first light, but as time moves, is become less okay. My note are show no sign of content, besides simple prod on Kyon in same post as vote on me, and late in day when wagonjump onto Prinny. Is provide no scumhunt, is provide no pressure (at all, seeing is one vote on I is not bothering me.) And is hop onto easy city wagon.

Chitose is case on Mai at end of day 2 are being nice show to me, because is same case as today on Mai, before all is notice. Current case on Mai is also stronger because Mai is huge drive in why day 2 is waste on bad bandwagon. Also, Chitose is answer my question toward herself in post 402 (in blurb directing to Monoe).

Chitose has many Pro and Con, but Con is heavy compared. Mai on other hand, is having no Pro, therefore votes is on Mai. Mai is post no cases, promise content, and disappear. I are hoping she is return and present before we are lynch her, because I can not pressuring others with vote needing to stick on her.

Responce to Light: Yes, case on you are mostly targeting SM. Is not as bad as Mai is defending Kyon, only to be throwing Kyon under bus next day without making case, but is still strong enough.

Short story instead of long: I will being happy with lynch of any of these four (Mai, Chitose, Light, Kyon). I will be needing much consideration of other cases. For now, Mai is stay vote.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
Anonymous (1): Monoe, Protoman.EXE
Light Yagami (1): Mr. Crocker
Kyon (4): Monoe, The Comedian, Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, John Cage
Mai Tokiha (4): Kyon, CATS, Chitose Karasuma, Anonymous

No vote cast: Light Yagami

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have about 39.5 hours to vote.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »
CATS, obviously I believe Anon is the Scummiest Thing on Earth. Can you explain to me why you don't suspect Anonymous at all? What about his play causes you not to suspect him? What about his vote was reasonable? These are things that you need to answer.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »

Since it is the only part of my cases that I still consider has an alternate possibility, I will note this. One of CATS or Kyon has to be scum. Kyon claims a post restriction (That he hasn't actually named. Being quoted isn't a restriction on you, SOS Slave Boy) and CATS.. yeah.  I think his buddies would be bussing him out the window if he were faking. Monoe originally brought it up, but Anonymous asks here why Whim would get killed instead of John Cage if scum were looking for power roles. The simple answer to that is Whim looked like she had a posting restriction, and unlike CATS or Kyon wasn't on the lynchable list. Night talk isn't PR enough to kill over. (also Cage is scum and not going to kill himself!)

This doesn't change the rest of my cases, but today opened up some interesting possibilities when I look into the probability of Kyon-scum. Also it wouldn't be fair to ignore Monoe more today when she's the only person in this town I can agree with.

From the perspective of Kyon being scum. Well first of all, Kyon flipping red would guarentee Mai gets lynched tomorrow with him. There's alot of Mai/Kyon scumteam talk going around today. I'm not even sure why. If it wasn't obvious I've been prodding her all game to stop being the mislynch I see her as, and that's why I said she was useless to town if she couldn't produce any cases. Personally I think declaring your scum partner gut-town and a easy mislynch townie gut-scum in the ED1, then basing the entire next two days of your cases stubbornly on this would be a monumentally stupid scum strategy. It attracts attention and makes you a target. Kyon also responded to Mai's town declaration by immediately clearing Mai for what he admitted was scummy behaviour. Then he attacked me for defending Mai's scummy behaviour. >_> I guess you really can declare someone obvscum in their first two posts.

Day 2 Kyon-scum has some good connections with Anonymous and Chitose scum. Beyond the amount of Kyon-flailing that people have been talking to death, Anonymous, Chitose and yes, also Cage pursue Light over Kyon for wonderfully questionable reasons that still make them sound like they can switch back to Kyon if the arguments go back that way. In order, Anonymous clears him for putting out more :effort:, Chitose clears him for looking the worst D1 but having an interesting Light case, and Cage clears him for being marginally better then Light. By the way, as of Day 3 Light is town. I'm about to get into why.

So something reallly interesting happened Day 3 to support the case of Kyon being scum with Cage, and scum Cage in general. The four possible scumspects hop onto Mai. A heap of town-looking people hop onto Kyon. Kyon is at L-2. Then Cage appears with post #415 and this comment on Mai/Kyon:
Quote from: John Cage
]Kyon's post makes me feel nervous about a Mai/Kyon connection. It feels a lot like Kyon sees this coming and is trying to distance. Note that he seems most nervous about Mai calling him town "unsupported". This reads a lot like "Fuck, scumbuddy, don't DO that"
Cage then proceeds to rage and vote for Kyon, putting him at L-1. This is hilariously not excusable as an accident since Cage puts in BIG BOLD LETTERS that Kyon is at L-1 and NO ONE BETTER DARE HAMMER HIM. Light responds within minutes with an unvote.
THIS UNVOTE IS THE TOWNIEST THING LIGHT HAS DONE ALL GAME.
Cage's post #420 is trying to softly encourage Light or someone else to put Kyon back at L-1 to "See what he would do."

So what would it be? What do you think a scum-Kyon would do in this situation? I could guess what a scum-Kyon would do. HE WOULD FREAKING HAMMER HIMSELF BECAUSE YOU PUT HIM AT L-1. That's what would happen. This entire day would get cut short. No questions, no claim, no cases from Protoman because he'd die Night 3, no need to do anything the next Day but say "Oops but I was right and Kyon was scum, now let's lynch his partner Mai!" Cage gets to ride on townie cred and direct lynches for the last two days, with CATS being the most likely mislynch after Mai.

You know, I like this possibility alot more then CATS now. CATS actually answered my questions, and the other scum's soft attacks can be interpreted as testing for cases and fake links. Either way, one of them is scum. I hope this makes up for all that dismissing of your case I've been doing Monoe. Everyone town, Discuss!

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2011, 02:35:20 PM »
Well then. That Cage/Kyon link is easily the most interesting thing I've seen anybody bring up all day.

I still prefer a Kyon lynch due to him being consistantly scummy and having weirdness with Chitose, but I would be willing to switch and support Anon, since he's one of my high scumpicks as well.

I have to teleport away for a few hours, so I'll try to give a more detailed response when I'm back.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
Protoman! Jack in, Execute!

If Protoman had his way he would prefer to delete Chitose and Headless 4chan before SOS Slave Boy just because he knows other Navis will have no trouble deleting SOS Slave Boy tomorrow, but Protoman understands Monoe has been waiting ages for his Slave Boy hat.

Well, Protoman would prefer to delete Cage first, but Protoman doesn't expect miracles.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #457 on: May 13, 2011, 03:35:32 PM »
I find Protoman's case on me completely uninteresting and if he'd like anything clarified he can ask me concisely. I will, however, admit I wasn't thinking about the possibility of Kyon self hammering at L-1. That was a mistake on my part. My apologies. Though there are probably a couple things you should consider regarding that exchange I think you're ignoring in your determination to make me scum.

@Chitose: Well, for one, you're using a lot of buzzwords like rhetoric which I didn't really see at that time. Further, I'm...PRETTY SURE she commented on people other than Sailor Moon. so call it misrep + playstyle

Anyway, as I've stated today I'll support an Anonymous lynch if I can't get a Kyon one. I also have not CLEARED CATS, I've merely stated I have people who want to die before him. I suppose I better try to do that D1 reread sometime soon.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #458 on: May 13, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »
Well, anyway, so far I'm concluding that Protoman and Mai are obvious fucking town. And that Kyon and Monoe don't start off well. Oh, and that Prinny and Sailor Moon are head desk worthy, but I don't really need to opinionate on them, just what's around them.

Also, for you, Protoman. So far D1 I'm not seeing a Mai/Kyon connection. ESPECIALLY not one compatible with Chitose/Kyon. Also, while I'm thinking about it...what's scummy about my conclusions being similar to Monoe's? Hell, I'm pretty sure I SAID OUTRIGHT they were.

Hmm, Mai, you seem to imply Kyon and Sailor Moon are connected D1, possibly as scum. How has that changed with Sailor Moon's flip?

Hmm. Monoe simultaniously makes me feel better and worse about her by questioning the speed of the wagon. It seems she often uses that as a wagon derail tactic but...she was right about Moon. She COULD be right about Light, though she seems to have rescinded that view.

Crocker, your first content post is a vote for Prinny over Moon. If Moon weren't at L-2, would you have voted her instead?

I'm basically having the fact that Anonymous was reportery through D1 reconfirmed.

Kyon 156: Sailor Moon is trying, unlike Prinny. Was Sailor Moon town or scum? Was Prinny town or scum? At that moment, I mean.

Hmm...well, as for reactions to Sailor Moon's big post, I'd have to say that pretty much Chitose, my own, and Monoe's reactions were late enough to not really deserve town cred, and possibly be what Mai was looking for in scum behavior around the wagon. As it stands, I only really think Chitose could fit that bill (if Kyon is scum). Monoe's vote for Kyon makes her less likely to be scum. My only defense is I know I'm not scum, but, honestly, that was a pretty legitimately scummy wagon hop on my part.

Mai, we have five flips now. Do you conclude there are still 2 scum on the Prinny wagon?

Hrm, interesting. Whim voted Light before the end of the day.

Quote from: Kilga
Prinny (8): CATS,  Sailor Moon, Mr. Crocker, Kyon, Chitose Karasuma, John Cage, The Comedian, Dick Gumshoe
Sailor Moon (5): Anonymous, Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, Prinny, Whim

Hmm...I think all four scum are here. YES, I AM CLEARING THE TWO OFF WAGON PLAYERS COMPLETELY. Protoman and Monoe, I'm considering you confirmed town unless you REALLY fuck it up.

This isn't very helpful, I'm sure. Hmm...I have a lot of potential conclusions here. I'm going to check the end of Day 2 vote count to see trends.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #459 on: May 13, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »
Quote from: Kilga
Kyon (4): Monoe, The Comedian, Sailor Moon, CATS
Sailor Moon (7): Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, Anonymous, Kyon, John Cage, Protoman.EXE, Mr. Crocker
Chitose Karasuma (1): Dick Gumshoe
Mai Tokiha (1): Chitose Karasuma

...the Sailor Moon wagon is our key. Obviously at least 2 of those 7 are scum. I daresay there are three scum there. My first impression is Light/Kyon/Anonymous but...

I'll notice three people are on both wagons. Mr. Crocker, Kyon, and...John Cage. I am virtually certain Kyon is scum at this point. But...I feel the way the wagons fell reopens Crocker as potentially scum. But...still...Light is awful and remains awful. Probably NOT with Kyon though...I don't think.

Argh, I have more fucking questions than I have answers. All I know for SURE is Kyon needs to die, and badly.

Honestly, not much has changed except that I'm less sure on CATS scum, mostly because I feel Chitose/Anonymous/Light/Crocker could fit in that spot much better. I feel pretty much like I wasted my time.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #460 on: May 13, 2011, 04:37:13 PM »
EBWOP: Oh, I did conclude one thing. Mai isn't scum with Kyon.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #461 on: May 13, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
Kyon Case: AKA Why Kyon is scum

Reason 1: His voting paterns

Kyon has been happy all game to jump on the largest wagon and GO. He has voted opportunistically on just about every major wagon, and has hopped on and off them as they gained and lost strength.

Take for example his Day 1 voting. He starts the day on the Sailor Moon wagon with me. He then switches over to the Prinny wagon without even a qualm. No hesitation.

This leads me to believe that Kyon knew Sailor Moon was town. If he had truly thought Sailor Moon to be scum (and thus was a townie who was scum hunting), he would have at the very least been reluctant to unvote a scum read of his.

You could make the argument that perhaps Kyon thought Sailor Moon was town, and that's why he unvoted her? But this cannot be true, because He was on SM's lynch wagon Day 2. This implies he thought Sailor Moon was still scum .

Originally, I thought that Kyon's only reason for unvoting Sailor Moon would be if they were both scum together. However, I was mistaken. There is another logical reason.

This is to setup mislynches.

Kyon KNEW I wasn't going to let Sailor Moon live past Day 2. He was banking on that being an easy lynch that day. So when he saw the Prinny wagon rising, he took the opportunity on the First Day Plurality Lynch and swapped over to Prinny.

Remember, Kyon's vote was what put the Prinny wagon ahead of the SM wagon. It's what decided the lynch that day.

My theory is further confirmed by Kyon's acceptance of my case yesterday. He agreed with EVERY POINT I BROUGHT UP, and was one of the people pushing for Sailor Moon's lynch with me.

For him to turn around and then attack me the next day for theories he himself agreed on, is a contradiction.

And this contradiction was used because he wanted to set up ANOTHER mislynch.

He knew Sailor Moon was town, so he helped me tunnel her, and then used Sailor Moon's town flip to discredit and attack me today.

Reason 2: Passive Aggressive

Kyon has been playing this game with a passive aggressive style. He hasn't been making any direct attacks on anyone, but rather has been proxying his attacks by using other players and being passive aggressive.

Passive Aggressive play is scummy because players who play like this are trying to fly under the radar, while pushing for lynches. They appear to be providing content, but really they are just posting unfounded attacks.

This is Kyon's play. I have yet to see him post a full blown case on anyone this game, that hasn't included the words "I Agree With..."

He has been leeching off other players and attempting to influence lynches from the background in a passive way.

This is SCUMMY.

Reason 3: Deflecting

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but on a re-read of Kyon's posts, I noticed one striking similarity between all of them.

He never answers a question in a straight forward manner. He always dances around answering a question and then does one of:

a) Answer half the question, leaving out the important part
b) Ask a question in response
c) Direct the target at someone else by saying "They did it too".

I'll go find the quotes of examples of where he does this now. It'll come in another post.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #462 on: May 13, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
Protoman is watching and waiting for Mai to finish posting her cases, and possibly look over his. When Mai is finished he would like her to say so and stay around to converse.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #463 on: May 13, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
Just so everyone is aware, I'm going back through 93 pages of shit to find all of Kyon's posts that I remember reading.

This + cooking dinner + eating might take a bit.

P-Edit: I'll do my best to hurry.

In the mean time, what pages are your cases on Proto? I'll read them when I get the chance, and see what I agree/disagree with.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #464 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »
Protoman's cases on Anonymous and Chitose as well as a possible CATS are here. Protoman's case on John Cage starts here. Protoman's case for Kyon is here. Protoman would like Mai to read over all of these carefully, as well as Cage's posts both before and after Protoman stated his cases.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #465 on: May 13, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
It seems people are set on hating me.
Also, when I say I was looking at Mai, I was looking for interesting things. Such as her accusation of The Comedian cheerleading the Prinny.

Firstly, Sailor Moon has yet to appear. I don't like this. I want reasoning behind your first three posts.
Secondly, alright The Comedian, I'll bite.
  • What do you make of Whim accusing you of cheerleading?
  • WHAT ABOUT MY FIRST VOTE WAS OMGUS-Y? I've been asking that for a while yet you STILL haven't answered me.
  • How was it possible to make a case that didn't involve me during the the first three pages of the game?
I had more but I can't remember them right now.
CATS and C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER don't exist either. This is annoying.
And, to clarify since I worded it weirdly the first time apparently, my current thoughts on The Comedian are leaning towards scummy and I want answers to a couple of questions first.

Here's the biggest example I remember. This was right after Comedian posted a fairly large case on Kyon. Kyon responds with no response to the accusations thrown at him, but instead with questions.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #466 on: May 13, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
I'll take a look Proto.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2011, 08:18:59 PM »
GODDAMNIT HARUHI DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON.
Yeah, I lost the post I was writing.
Basically.
  • Dick Gumshoe: So, you've summed up my argument with The Comedian as being a misunderstanding and that you blame neither of us for it. What do you think of The Comedian and I?
  • Sailor Moon, your reasoning for Anonymous is scum is that he has only made a few cases, correct? What stops us from applying the very same reasoning to you? Also, you've basically declared Light, Anonymous and I as scum. Considering how you've stated that Anonymous is scum, that I am scummier than Anonymous, and that Light is just as scummy as me, do you have a case on Light at all? I mean, you have basically said "I have a case on Light but too many people are voting for him so I want to reconsider it." Laying the emotions on thick doesn't help you much, either.
  • Scumpicks: Sailor Moon, Light Yagami, ______, ______(?)
  • So, who could the other scum(s) be?
    • CATS: Sparse activity, only pops in to place a vote on the most prominent wagon at the time.
    • Chitose Karasuma? What's with you completely copying what I said about Sailor Moon in your #157? Seriously, you even used my words. Also your #100 in regards to Sailor Moon looks like some weird ingame coaching.
    • Anonymous? D1 he voted for Sailor Moon for her weird actions in RVS. (Which I also wanted to ask her about and only just got an answer of "I don't know what I was thinking") Almost all of his reads have been about why some people look town, with very few mentions of who might be scum. Oh, and all of these cases are on people that several people have expressed distrust of.

@mod: What's going to happen to C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER? It's been over 3 days and 7 hours since his last (and only) post.
    @mod: Are scum allowed to daytalk?

Another example in response to Light this time. All questions and avoiding any attack made.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
Actually, Protoman has no need to watch for reactions, so Protoman will tell you what he thinks of Cage's posts after his cases. I've never seen someone so cutely flail, change all of their reads, and make such a good case on themselves being scum for me. It's adorable. Mai can no longer possibly be a virus with SOS Slave Boy, Chitose and Anonymous do look like obvious viruses after all, and:
Hmm...well, as for reactions to Sailor Moon's big post, I'd have to say that pretty much Chitose, my own, and Monoe's reactions were late enough to not really deserve town cred, and possibly be what Mai was looking for in scum behavior around the wagon. As it stands, I only really think Chitose could fit that bill (if Kyon is scum). Monoe's vote for Kyon makes her less likely to be scum. My only defense is I know I'm not scum, but, honestly, that was a pretty legitimately scummy wagon hop on my part.
Protoman is happy Cage noticed how scummy he was. So did Protoman! Saying the analysis wasn't helpful is silly, it was very helpful. And thanks for confirming Protoman and Monoe as town, since Cage knows who the viruses are.
I'll notice three people are on both wagons. Mr. Crocker, Kyon, and...John Cage. I am virtually certain Kyon is scum at this point. But...I feel the way the wagons fell reopens Crocker as potentially scum. But...still...Light is awful and remains awful. Probably NOT with Kyon though...I don't think.
Thank you Cage for pointing out again you were on both wagons! Protoman is sad Cage was not here earlier to help Protoman with his hours of writing. Also, Protoman will add some ironic coloring to show how much truth Cage is telling right now.

Quote from: Kilgamayan
Prinny (8): CATS,  Sailor Moon, Mr. Crocker, Kyon, Chitose Karasuma, John Cage, The Comedian, Dick Gumshoe
Sailor Moon (5): Anonymous, Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, Prinny, Whim
Hmm...I think all four scum are here.

Quote from: Kilgamayan
Kyon (4): Monoe, The Comedian, Sailor Moon, CATS
Sailor Moon (7): Mai Tokiha, Light Yagami, Anonymous, Kyon, John Cage, Protoman.EXE, Mr. Crocker
Chitose Karasuma (1): Dick Gumshoe
Mai Tokiha (1): Chitose Karasuma
...the Sailor Moon wagon is our key. Obviously at least 2 of those 7 are scum. I daresay there are three scum there. My first impression is Light/Kyon/Anonymous but...

Protoman finds Cage's post #457 a weak response to his accusations. Cage is uninterested and wants Protoman to concisely make questions for him. It is Day 1 all over again! Protoman doesn't believe your apology that SOS Slave Boy hammering himself didn't occur to you. Also Cage says there are "probably a couple things you should consider regarding that exchange." Protoman is good but he cannot read Cage's mind. What should Protoman consider and why, Cage? Please keep posting while Protoman does this.

Please do not hotlink images larger than 150KB.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:20:21 PM by Kilgamayan »

« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »
Boku no Kira may wish for bastardry but the only thing we're guarenteed is the flips are trustable. Sailor Moon was only trying hard to seem like the virus she wasn't. Since you haven't added onto the case I'll ask what you think of SOS Slave Boy's posts and accusations of Mai today.
You already know what I think about her tunneling and hence what I think of that part of Kyon's case on her; that being that I don't consider what she did scummy. What he's saying about her calling him town for no real reason does look a bit off, though, and so does the turn-around he points out in his #414. But neither of those seem anywhere near damning enough to suddenly make her his top suspect. If anything, he should have gone after me who was his second scum pick in D2 after Moon.
I've already said what I think of his claim - namely that it's really no better than claiming Vanilla Townie. It gives us no new useful information and does nothing to make him appear more townie since we have no way of confirming it.
Apart from that, he really hasn't added much new stuff in D3.
Anyway, after you went berserk, there's not much for me to add regarding Kyon.
Also, what you pulled was quite different from what I expected, but pleasant nonetheless.

Cage: I'm not quite sure if I want to trust that apology, considering you had pointed out in big fat letters that one more vote would hammer him and that you had planned to look into Crocker after he went and ended D2 prematurely, meaning you had made the connection of scum wanting to end days early. Also: You mentioned Crocker as one possible scum in your #459. Did you make a case on him anywhere, besides him fucking up D2?
Pointing out you want to look into Crocker in Night 2, then not really following up on that (unless I missed something) could be construed as you setting yourself up to go after him in case more people attack him for ending D2.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #470 on: May 13, 2011, 09:49:19 PM »
If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't give a shit about this game anymore. ConfirmationBiasman can think what he wants, honestly. Though, really, I'd LOVE to see where I changed all my reads. I went into the reread suspecting Anonymous, Chitose, Kyon, and CATS. I came out suspecting all those except CATS, and instead Light.

So, while I'm sure you're excited and want to lynch me, you should at least get your facts straight. Outside of that, if you aren't willing to ask me for any clarifications, I can't help but feel you're being just about as lazy as I am. I kind of wonder if you actually want me to answer, or if you just want to choo choo on John Cage.

As for what you should consider, let me think. Oh, maybe the fact that I could easily have NOT pointed out Kyon was at L-1, said in a hypothetical scum QT that Kyon should self hammer RIGHT NOW, and then :trollfaced: as you all lost discussion. I'm sure you'll call that WIFOM. I call it "do you really think I'm that much of a dumbass to pass that up?"

That said, if you assume I wasn't thinking of a Kyon self hammer being possible when I did that, then it is at best null. Please, engage with me, Protoman. If you're SO DAMN SURE your case is right, maybe you should be willing to throw it at me in a way I'm willing to answer. After all, John Cage is clearly the scum.

Also, Mai, you never answered my questions. Please do so.

Faiz

• Faiz
« Reply #471 on: May 13, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
Please specify the questions Cage. Probably missed them.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #472 on: May 13, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »
Mai, we have five flips now. Do you conclude there are still 2 scum on the Prinny wagon?

So, question, really, sorry. Though, any thoughts on what I concluded would be appreciated.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #473 on: May 13, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »
Sadly, I can't think of much to add to the discussion that hasn't already been covered by Protoman or myself. Though, just because I threw out a few lines about my Chitose/Kyon One True Scumpairing doesn't mean I expected walls speculating the entire scumteam being thrown around. ?s They are interesting, but I'm worried that posting walls entirely about a four-person scumteam theory may end in us getting too far ahead of ourselves - if one of the related players flip town, the entire theory gets shot down to an extent and just becomes more noise cluttering up the thread during a re-read. But I'm guilty of posting irritatingly long walls too, so I can't exactly fault anybody for it.

It should be noted that I don't think crafting that these theories is actually scummy, so Chitose attempting to attack Protoman in response to them looks like a deflection attempt to me. I don't like it.

Protoman's case has actually made me want Kyon lynched even more, due to the information we'd get on Cage. I personally think that Kyon has the same parroting problems as the rest of Protoman's suspects, honestly. Mai covered that pretty nicely already, and I'm beginning to feel better about her alignment. I also think Kyon would be superior to Chitose and Anon lynches when it comes to information, so that's a plus too.

I may have missed something due to the high concentrations of :words: in this thread. If you have a question for me, now's a good time to ask it.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #474 on: May 13, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »
Oh right. PRs.

If it were not obvious, Kyon's claim hasn't convinced me. I've thought about it, and it's perfectly possible that he's scum even if he's telling the truth about the role. I'm fairly confident his posting restriction is to quote other posts at least semi-frequently, as that would explain the ED1 shenanigans.

The "posting restriction = PR" theory for the Whim kill seems a little bit odd. The speech of Whim and CATS seem more like roleplaying than actual restrictions, and Kyon's posting restriction was not something that would jump out at people like the way Whim and CATS talk. I don't think scum would expect Whim to have a restriction.

Also, I feel kind of bad for starting the "the only reason Whim made the N1 kill was because of PR hunting" theory, because I imagine that would be rather insulting (especially since her play actually was competent).

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #475 on: May 13, 2011, 10:49:28 PM »
Oh right. It's seeming to me like all this focus on Kyon/Chitose/CATS/Mai/Anon is allowing The Comedian and Crocker to slip away unnoticed. I'd like to hear their input on the recent matters. Crocker's especially, since it's obvious he's not getting his Light lynch today.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2011, 11:05:59 PM »
Pointless Proximity Theorycrafting: I actually think Kyon's Effect might make more sense as a scum role, because it encourages him to actively engage in discussions with other players so that he can be quoted. Scum want to stay under the radar, so the role would essentially be rewarding well-executed risky play by giving the succesful scum some role powers. The restrictions/requirements don't make as much sense for a town role beyond being a neat gimmick.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #477 on: May 13, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »
Protoman knows they are long discussions and apologizes but there was not much else to read today. Protoman went out of his way to make sure each player looked like a virus individually before deciding if they looked like viruses combined. Protoman is not certain SOS Slave Boy is as useful as his three main virus suspects because everyone has wanted SOS Slave Boy deleted at some point. Protoman has concerns town will get side-tracked into a foolish deletion. Protoman would like to ask Monoe what he thinks directly of Cage's vote on Kyon, and on how Cage sounds after Protoman's accusations. Similar questions to what Protoman asked Mai. On Whim, Protoman thinks it is a little of all the possibilities combined that led to the kill choice, not just PR hunting. SOS Slave Boy's claim doesn't include a restriction for himself, he said his power works when people quote him, not reversed. Protoman is not impressed.

Boku no Kira calling Protoman berserk is probably true. Protoman wants to make sure Light reads and comments on all Protoman's cases today. Light has been holding back and not adding much input. As a member of town, which Protoman hopes you are, this is not acceptable. Protoman feels he has to do all the work for everyone but Monoe. Monoe and Protoman do not have enough votes to delete our suspects. You need to consider everything seriously as well.

Protoman also wants to hear from The Comedian and Crocker. Protoman thinks The Comedian is due for a prod? Just because you only have to post once every 24 hours doesn't mean you should only post once every 24 hours!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #478 on: May 13, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »
This Comedian has been prodded for inactivity.

This is what I get for trying to run this game while holding a full-time job. >_>
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #479 on: May 13, 2011, 11:24:16 PM »
Protoman would like to ask Monoe what he thinks directly of Cage's vote on Kyon,
Cage's vote on Kyon is irritating. It is ridiculous how he decided to blare up the warning sirens about Kyon being at L-1, when he could have just easily stated his desire to lynch Kyon without voting in the first place. The notion that he "wanted to see what Kyon would do" implies that he's either scum who knows Kyon is a townie that won't self-hammer or that he's scum with Kyon and is capable of discussing what Kyon should do in the quicktopic. Either way, I strongly dislike it.

and on how Cage sounds after Protoman's accusations.
It seems to me like he just kind of brushed them aside, which obviously isn't good. Also, the opinion disconnect makes me suspect him significantly more. I think Cage would actually be one of my first choices if Kyon flipped town, but for now he's not as high on my priority list as Kyon and Anon. I'll make another priorities list for convenience, as they have changed a lot throughout today.

SCUM
Kyon
Anon
-
CATS
John Cage
-
Chitose Karasuma
-
Light Yagami
Mr. Crocker
-
-
Mai Tokiha
-
The Comedian
Protoman.EXE
TOWN

I don't agree with the Mai case, obviously. The notion that a townie with tunnel vision would realize they were wrong after a flip and change their mind completely after clearing their head doesn't seem too far-fetched to me.

SOS Slave Boy's claim doesn't include a restriction for himself, he said his power works when people quote him, not reversed. Protoman is not impressed.
He claimed that he had a posting restriction too. He just never stated what it was, and I made an educated guess.